Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Throwback Thursday Category: 90s Alternative One Hit Wonders

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impression that I Get - Mighty Might Bosstones

In the same faux-ska vein (in fact, it could be the same song):

Sell Out - Reel Big Fish

Some of the guys in my fraternity were buddies with these guys in HS outside of LA.

My first submission: Hey Man Nice Shot - Filter

Impression that I Get - Mighty Might Bosstones

In the same faux-ska vein (in fact, it could be the same song):

Sell Out - Reel Big Fish

Some of the guys in my fraternity were buddies with these guys in HS outside of LA.

My first submission: Hey Man Nice Shot - Filter

I came to post "Hey Man Nice Shot". It still runs through my head whenever playing Call of Duty or golf.

"Butterfly" - Crazy Town

"Bump" - Kottonmouth Kings

Probably one of the best submissions here if you want to go by the "one hit wonder" stigma. The rest of that album was atrocious and I don't think they ever came out with anything else worth a lick.

On a similar note, I've been trying for a long time to remember the name of a song that came out either in the late '90s or maybe even 2000 or so.

I thought it had the words "romp" or "stomp" or something like that in it, but it's centered around a funky bass line and the lyrics were pretty repetitive.

Sorry so vague, but I can sing the bass line in my head and it's driving me nuts.

On a similar note, I've been trying for a long time to remember the name of a song that came out either in the late '90s or maybe even 2000 or so.

I thought it had the words "romp" or "stomp" or something like that in it, but it's centered around a funky bass line and the lyrics were pretty repetitive.

Sorry so vague, but I can sing the bass line in my head and it's driving me nuts.

uhhh... lol?

Candlebox and Filter also had a few hits IIRC :shrug:

I was also eyeballing Candlebox to submit here. The song "You" got a lot of airplay as well, but technically "Far Behind" was their only top 40 hit.

I actually liked these guys and thought they should have been bigger - IIRC they were on Madonna's record label and she helped bring them to mainstream.

Candlebox and Filter also had a few hits IIRC :shrug:

I was also eyeballing Candlebox to submit here. The song "You" got a lot of airplay as well, but technically "Far Behind" was their only top 40 hit.

I actually liked these guys and thought they should have been bigger - IIRC they were on Madonna's record label and she helped bring them to mainstream.

That's correct.

"You" was definitely on radio stations a ton but didn't achieve the success that "Far Behind" did.

uhhh... lol?

THAT'S IT!!!

(Not really. :D )

Archived