What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Throwback Thursday Category: 90s Alternative One Hit Wonders (1 Viewer)

Since the mention of Spin Doctors took the seal off of the truly terrible category, I present this gem for your "enjoyment":

Definitely a guilty pleasure for me too. :bag:

It always makes me think of EA Sports FIFA soccer as it was the music for the load screen on one of the versions of that game from about ten years ago.

Great song, haven't thought about it in years :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO8vBVUaKvk- Pepper - Butthole Surfers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KT-r2vHeMM- Sex and Candy - Marcy's Playground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuVSvSbnaUg- Italian Leather Sofa - Cake (could have picked most any song off of Fashion Nugget)
Love the picks. Can't believe the Butthole Surfers lasted this long.

Can't believe the Butthole Surfers lasted this long.
They didn't, really. Were mentioned pages and pages ago.

I will always hate the BHS for no other reason than Gibby Haynes is reportedly the person who got Scott Weiland to take his first hit of heroin. I loved STP and Weiland being a junkie basically killed them.

This also made me recall that the BHS covered the "Underdog" theme on that Saturday Morning Cartoon album that was being talked about a few pages ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
5-ish Finkle said:

I will always hate the BHS for no other reason than Gibby Haynes is reportedly the person who got Scott Weiland to take his first hit of heroin. I loved STP and Weiland being a junkie basically killed them.

This also made me recall that the BHS covered the "Underdog" theme on that Saturday Morning Cartoon album that was being talked about a few pages ago.
I did not know that. :angry:

5-ish Finkle said:

I did not know that. :angry:
Let's be fair, it was only a matter of time before Weiland got into heroin. It's not like Gibby pulled him out of a church choir to get high.

Couple thought on 90s music, loved it hit me in my 20s, and still sticks with me...

Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity - cool song, loved his other also, "Canned Heat"

Live put out a great acoustic show, (can't have 90s w/o MTV Unplugged!!)

Questioning whether to post or not but...

Fa Fa - Guster
Guster is one of my favorites, this album "lost and Gone Forever" was 1999, but it has several great songs. Loved how in this era their drummer used bongos and other 'non-stick' drums, made for a different sound. They also have a great acoustic album that came out a couple years ago. New album that came out this year is pretty good.

Mister CIA said:
The Connells' best song IMO was Over There (late 80s though).
I'm partial to Something to Say.
Was a big Connells fan back in the 90s, like Stone Cold Yesterday. Their singer (Doug MacMillan) has such great voice.

Not sure if they count as too popular in the 90s, but Toad the Wet Sprocket were pretty good too. Their guy (Glen Philips) can really sing, too. Remember walking around The Mall during the Clinton innauguration celebration in 93, hearing TWS singing "Hold Her Down"' a great song, although it's about rape.

^ Hoo boy.

Anybody do Reel Big Fish yet? Weren't people "doing the fish" during that Marlins/Indians World Series back in '97?

Last edited by a moderator:
MMM MMM MMM MMM Crash Test Dummies.

Actually had a big hit with "Superman's Song" in Canada a few years earlier.

Made several albums after God Shuffled His Feet with some very good material.

Brad Roberts is still touring part time.
Please, no more of this. Utter rubbish.

KLF is gonna:

A) groove ya

B) move ya

C) rock ya

D) roll ya

E) all of the above
interesting find...

http://www.darkasylum.co.uk/videos/1/21320/klf-01-01-2017-wtf-found-vhs-not-available-on-mobile-devices

The KLF release bizarre video collage hinting at return On January 1, a bizarre 40-minute video showed up on YouTube. Entitled ‘KLF 01 01 2017 WTF FOUND VHS’, the collage of clips was initially shown in 2015 at a special KLF night at Bristol’s Cube Cinema, and rumors about the return of The KLF are already circulating...

Users who are viewing this thread