What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 "How did I do" Thread (4 Viewers)

Just finished my first draft of the year (from the 2 spot). I'm grading myself somewhere between craptacular and WTF?!?! :)

QB - Cam, Bradford

RB - Bell, Yeldon, Doug Martin, Ajayi, Cam Artis-Payne, Denard Robinson, Josh Robinson

WR - Jeffrey, Evans, Cooper, Charles Johnson, John Brown, Kenny Britt, Marqise Lee

TE - Ladarius Green, Ebron
Club looks alright, particularly for having the guy next to you on autopick for the first half of the draft. Going WR-heavy at the top cost you at RB - you have to figure out who's going to start weeks 1-3; you have the JAX backfield, but if DMart doesn't get the gig then you may have a hole there. Don't love the TEs (although we were hoping Green would make it to us in the 11th to pair with Gates) - this is an area that you may be looking to hit on FA. Overall not a bad draft, like most clubs you need a few things to bounce your way..

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished my first draft of the year (from the 2 spot). I'm grading myself somewhere between craptacular and WTF?!?! :)

QB - Cam, Bradford

RB - Bell, Yeldon, Doug Martin, Ajayi, Cam Artis-Payne, Denard Robinson, Josh Robinson

WR - Jeffrey, Evans, Cooper, Charles Johnson, John Brown, Kenny Britt, Marqise Lee

TE - Ladarius Green, Ebron
Oh boy. Those backs are scary. If Bell gets 3 games, you're in some hot water. Who are your middle rd picks here? Think that's where u missed the boat. Assuming u went:

1.2- Bell

2.10- Jeffery

3.2 - Evans

4.10- Yeldon

5.2- Cooper

6?

7?

8? - Charles J?

9?

Whoever u took in 3 of these rds...not good.

10-hole, same draft as Longtucky above..

WIlson (7), Cutler (17)

CJ Anderson (2), Spiller (3), L Miller (4), Morris (5), M Jones (13), K Robinson (19), Starks (20)

D Bryant (1), A Robinson (6), Lafell (8), Steve Smith (9), K White (12), Harvin (14)

Eifert (10), Gates (11), Tamme (15)

PHI, Vinatieri
Pretty solid overall. I would have went WR in rd 5 over Alf but nonetheless the backs are strong. U got nice value on Wilson and Lafell. Both are strong picks there. TE's are serviceable. See no reason why this club can't contend. May have to add a WR or 2 on the wire for some depth. Overall not bad.

11th pick

QB - Wilson (5), Kaepernick (17)

RB - Lacy (1), D Murray (2), Spiller (3), Denard (12)

WR - Hopkins (4), T Smith (7), M Floyd (9), P Garcon (10), Stills (11), G Jennings (14), C Patterson (15), J Hunter (16)

TE - Ertz (6), Daniels (8), Fleener (13), Cook (18)

Team 2 from 12 hole:

QB- Brees (6), Palmer (18)

RB- Murray (1), CJ Anderson (2), Abdullah (5), Sims (10), Herron (12), Hillman (16), T-Rich (17)

WR- Benjamin (3), Matthews (4), Roddy (7), Charles J (8), Moncrief (14), Quick (15)

TE- Daniels (9), Ladarius Green (11), Vernon D (13)

DEF- GB (19)

K - Carpenter (20)

Overall think its solid. Like the value at WR. If Murray/CJ can stay upright, there's some potential here.

Like my 1st drafted team a lot more than this. 8th spot.

Palmer, Flacco, Kaep

Spiller, Randle, Abdullah, Knile, M.Ball,

Julio, Calvin, A.Johnson, R.White, J.Brown, D.Moncrief, C.Latimer, E.Royal, P.Dorsett

Clay, Daniels, L.Green

team 2 from the 8 spot

Tannehill Bridgewater Carr

Marshawn Joquie Sims Sankey Cobb Williams Gray

Demaryius Emmanuel Desean Agholor Crabtree Wilson

Olsen Clay

Parkey

Philly

Draft from the 4 spot:

QB: Cam, Winston

RB: AP, Jennings, Ivory, Cobb, Artis-Payne, Starks

WR: Cobb, Evans, Edelman, Stevie Johnson, Funchess, Marvin Jones, Patterson

TE: Ertz, Rudolph, Paul

K: Hauschka

D: Arizona

Draft from the 4 spot:

QB: Cam, Winston

RB: AP, Jennings, Ivory, Cobb, Artis-Payne, Starks

WR: Cobb, Evans, Edelman, Stevie Johnson, Funchess, Marvin Jones, Patterson

TE: Ertz, Rudolph, Paul

K: Hauschka

D: Arizona
That RB core would worry me. I'm concerned with Jennings as my RB3, let alone RB2. Don't love the Qb's, TE's are decent although I'm not that high on Ertz. Still think he'll be way to feast or famine for my liking. And his draft price doesnt reflect that. The WR's are the clear strength here.

If AP is vintage AP, you will be competitive. Did u pass on RB's in rds 4 and 5?? Ertz in 5 ? Would have loved to see a back here. The 5th rd has alot of RB potential as well..

Team 2 from 12 hole:

RB- Murray (1), CJ Anderson (2), Abdullah (5), Sims (10), Herron (12), Hillman (16), T-Rich (17)

WR- Benjamin (3), Matthews (4), Roddy (7), Charles J (8), Moncrief (14), Quick (15)

DEF- GB (19)

K - Carpenter (20)

Overall think its solid. Like the value at WR. If Murray/CJ can stay upright, there's some potential here.
I think overall it isn't too bad. On paper there are other teams in the league that look a lot better, that doesn't mean they will end up better though...

Not a huge fan of Murray in the 1st with other players there that will produce better...

Good luck

Team 2 from 12 hole:

DEF- GB (19)

K - Carpenter (20)

I think overall it isn't too bad. On paper there are other teams in the league that look a lot better, that doesn't mean they will end up better though...

Not a huge fan of Murray in the 1st with other players there that will produce better...

Good luck
Drafting 12 was tough. All the top end WR's were gone in the 1st. I have Green below that top tier. I would have taken Calvin if he fell to me. So for me I was going RB/RB in that spot. Here were the guys available:Foster

Murray

Forte

CJ Anderson

Lynch

Hill

I think u can make a case for any 2 really. Matter of preference at the end of the day. Trying to make a concerted effort to take guys on good offensive teams which put Murray/CJ atop my list.

I also think while not the 2 safest of that group, they have the highest ceilings.

Yea 2 games is still enough for me to pass on him at the top. He's not matching last season, that's a given. So regression and 2 less games, he's still not in my top 5.

And Brady 4 games holds up. Not a top-10 rd choice IMO. At least in FFPC.

Got him in the 12th last night... I think that is outstanding value and will take him every time there...

Coots said:
Got him in the 12th last night... I think that is outstanding value and will take him every time there...
I wouldn't say it's 'outstanding' value. You can play him for 6 reg season games in FFPC. 2 of which vs NYJ and Buff who should be top 5 defenses. So a 12th rd pick for potentially 4 good fantasy games? Meh.

Me personally, the earliest I'd consider him is the 12th rd.

Coots said:
I wouldn't say it's 'outstanding' value. You can play him for 6 reg season games in FFPC. 2 of which vs NYJ and Buff who should be top 5 defenses. So a 12th rd pick for potentially 4 good fantasy games? Meh.

Me personally, the earliest I'd consider him is the 12th rd.
You forget about the most important time of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone else has your thought process...

You act like QB is a thin position. There are qb's being taken in the 10-12th rds who could easily be just as good if not better then Brady. Oh and yea u get them for the whole season.

In my last draft, all of these Qb's went rd 10+...

Ryan- 10.2

Romo- 11.9

Stafford - 12.7

Tannehill - 13.1

Rivers- 13.7

Eli - 13.10

Any one of these guys could be better then Brady from week 6 forward. Not a stretch to say that. These guys fell more then usual I'm sure, but still, Brady in rd 12 is far from being a great value. I would take every guy on this list over him in rd 12.

You act like QB is a thin position. There are qb's being taken in the 10-12th rds who could easily be just as good if not better then Brady. Oh and yea u get them for the whole season.
That's my point exactly.....

Who else are you taking in the 12th round that could have the impact of Brady on your team down the stretch. NO ONE!!!

You can draft another good QB to fill the void until he comes back and then get a top 4 QB for the stretch... Pretty easy decision for me..

In my last draft, all of these Qb's went rd 10+...

Ryan- 10.2

Romo- 11.9

Stafford - 12.7

Tannehill - 13.1

Rivers- 13.7

Eli - 13.10

Any one of these guys could be better then Brady from week 6 forward. Not a stretch to say that. These guys fell more then usual I'm sure, but still, Brady in rd 12 is far from being a great value. I would take every guy on this list over him in rd 12.
I would take 2 over Brady and then try to tandem the others with him...

Think you're overrating Brady here. This isn't the Brady-Moss era. He's been very good the last 3 yrs averaging 30 td's/4,400 yds. But lets not get crazy. Matt Ryan has basically been his equal in that same time span and I doubt you would share the same enthusiasm for Matt Ryan in rd 12 with a 4-game suspension that you are for Brady.

Think you're overrating Brady here. This isn't the Brady-Moss era. He's been very good the last 3 yrs averaging 30 td's/4,400 yds. But lets not get crazy. Matt Ryan has basically been his equal in that same time span and I doubt you would share the same enthusiasm for Matt Ryan in rd 12 with a 4-game suspension that you are for Brady.
I think you need to do some more homework....

After week 4 last year Brady was number 2 QB, I guess that is over rated...

What? Haha. Talk about catering stats to your liking. Who cares what he did from week 5 on last year, I care about full season production.

He was 10th overall in passing yards and T-5th in TD's. very solid...like the other 8-9 guys around him.

You conveniently excluded weeks 1-4 where he totaled 4 td's and averaged 197 yds/game. I'm assuming you would have included those if he played well right??

What? Haha. Talk about catering stats to your liking. Who cares what he did from week 5 on last year, I care about full season production.

He was 10th overall in passing yards and T-5th in TD's. very solid...like the other 8-9 guys around him.

You conveniently excluded weeks 1-4 where he totaled 4 td's and averaged 197 yds/game. I'm assuming you would have included those if he played well right??
NO,

Just like with any other player its about how they play at different stretches..

CJ Anderson was the number 2 RB for the last 10 weeks I think and now he is a late first or early 2nd round pick which you just took... So are you going off the last 8 weeks or the first 8 weeks???

The point is the other guys on your list are know where near Brady when he has a healthy Gronk playing beside him.. To get a player that can put up 28 points every week no matter the matchup in the 12th round is outstanding...

So you pick up one of those other guys in the 11th and now when Brady comes back you have an outstanding team.. You took Brees in round 6 right?? Give me Brady and one of those other guys in round 11 and they will out produce your 6th round QB, Just Saying...

Good Luck

What? Haha. Talk about catering stats to your liking. Who cares what he did from week 5 on last year, I care about full season production.He was 10th overall in passing yards and T-5th in TD's. very solid...like the other 8-9 guys around him.

NO,

Just like with any other player its about how they play at different stretches..

CJ Anderson was the number 2 RB for the last 10 weeks I think and now he is a late first or early 2nd round pick which you just took... So are you going off the last 8 weeks or the first 8 weeks???

The point is the other guys on your list are know where near Brady when he has a healthy Gronk playing beside him.. To get a player that can put up 28 points every week no matter the matchup in the 12th round is outstanding...

So you pick up one of those other guys in the 11th and now when Brady comes back you have an outstanding team.. You took Brees in round 6 right?? Give me Brady and one of those other guys in round 11 and they will out produce your 6th round QB, Just Saying...

Good Luck
NO. I didnt cherry pick CJ's games and use them to support my argument. I see a talented back with little/weak competition on a potent offense. What's not to like.

And u want to throw 100 on that Brees comparison? Ill give you Brady + your choice of the guys listed rd 11+... Let me know

Minus romo. Haha. His beginning schedule is ridiculous.

QB - Kaepernick, Bridgewater, RG III

RB - D Murray, J Bell, Ivory, Cobb, Herron

WR - A Brown, AJ Green, A Cooper, D Jackson, P Garcon, M Jones, K Britt

TE - J Thomas, E Ebron, J Cook

I like the team overall and great start getting Brown, Murray and AJ Green in the first three rounds. Your QB/TE are so/so but I think the rest of your team is very solid and you should contend.

Re: QB's and Brady:

Had a draft last night and QB's that went in rounds 10-11 were Eli, Romo, Ryan, Tannehill, Brady (rd 11) with next set of QBs in rounds 13-15. Id love a combo of Eli or Romo with Brady although I personally would rather have Eli or Romo.

I wanted to do one more draft prior to training camp starting and then Ill be taking a couple week break to see how things shake out. I drafted a little different in this one.

QB- Big Ben, Dalton

RB- Murray, Forsett (love him in 3rd), Ivory, Woodhead, Starks, Jones

WR- Dez, Edelman, Fitzgerald, Wright, Randle, Funchess, Britt

TE- Bennett, Clay, Tamme

K- Bailey

D- Denver

Nice team man.. Like Rook said should be a contender

Nice team Paul but it seems that you are missing a 6th or 7th round pick... Not sure how the draft went though so that could of dictated things.

Good Luck

I wanted to do one more draft prior to training camp starting and then Ill be taking a couple week break to see how things shake out. I drafted a little different in this one.

QB- Big Ben, Dalton

TE- Bennett, Clay, Tamme

K- Bailey

D- Denver
Not a team that I would draft but looks ok on paper.. You will have to be a good coach on this one..

Nice team Paul but it seems that you are missing a 6th or 7th round pick... Not sure how the draft went though so that could of dictated things.

Good Luck
Bell-DJax-Julius are likely his 5-6-7. Pretty much in line with ADP's. Don't like Bell there especially with all the recent negative news coming out.

QB- Big Ben, Dalton

TE- Bennett, Clay, Tamme

K- Bailey

D- Denver
What pick did u have? Haven't seen Forsett fall to late 3rd yet, that's great value. Think this team is solid, yet unspectacular. Nice balance overall, should definitely compete for a playoff spot.

I did this one last night.. I'm gonna take a week off now and kind of see how the first week of camp goes.. Have my early teams set and then the ADP will start to change drastically.

Romo, Stafford

CJ Anderson, CJ Spiller, A. Morris, A. Abdullah, J. Bell

D. Bryant, A. Johnson, R. White, K. Wright, S. Johnson, D. Bowe, A. Hurns

T. Eifert, A. Gates, R. Housler

Bills/Rams

Good Luck
Bell-DJax-Julius are likely his 5-6-7. Pretty much in line with ADP's. Don't like Bell there especially with all the recent negative news coming out.
Who ever fell in the third is great value...

I think he must of took Thomas in 5th is my guess

I did this one last night.. I'm gonna take a week off now and kind of see how the first week of camp goes.. Have my early teams set and then the ADP will start to change drastically.

Romo, Stafford

Bills/Rams
Looks solid. How far down has Joique fell? Wow.

Romo, Stafford

Bills/Rams
Looks solid. How far down has Joique fell? Wow.
This is the best lineup I've seen in this thread so far. Not crazy about White but he has a pretty solid floor. I think Wright is incredibly undervalued and if Mariota can hit him in stride (which he will) he will surprise a lot of people this year. Love the TE value. Even the DEF combo is strong.

Romo, Stafford

Bills/Rams
Two defenses that were probably selected fairly early.....interesting.

Good Luck
Who ever fell in the third is great value...

I think he must of took Thomas in 5th is my guess
Murray fell to 3.2

Thomas was my 4th round pick, Cooper 5th....in hindsight I jumped the gun on Julius and the Bell pick I don't feel as good about today as I did yesterday.

Murray at 3.2???? What the.

Congrats, of the 625 drafts give or take, there likely won't be another one where that happens.

Murray at 3.2???? What the.

Congrats, of the 625 drafts give or take, there likely won't be another one where that happens.
Ive seen it a few times already.. Not going to be a lot of teams where he falls that far though. Getting those 3 on the same team will be very rare though..

Romo, Stafford

Bills/Rams
Two defenses that were probably selected fairly early.....interesting.
Not really, defenses fell in this one.. Late 15 and 17th round is all.. Why not at that point and I like having a good defense as that can make a big difference week to week.

4-hole:

Wilson (6), Cutler (16)

Charles (1), D Murray (2), L Murray (5), K Davis (12), Bush (14), D Robinson (20)

Evans (3), A Johnson (4), Agholor (7), R White (8), D Adams (11), R Randle (13), Green-Beckham (17)

Rudolph (9), Eifert (10), J Reed (15)

Bailey, CAR

RB depth isn't great, but this clearly isn't going to be an RB flex club. Otherwise WR corps is strong with upside and hopefully I'll find something with the TE corps.

4-hole:

Wilson (6), Cutler (16)

Charles (1), D Murray (2), L Murray (5), K Davis (12), Bush (14), D Robinson (20)

Evans (3), A Johnson (4), Agholor (7), R White (8), D Adams (11), R Randle (13), Green-Beckham (17)

Bailey, CAR

RB depth isn't great, but this clearly isn't going to be an RB flex club. Otherwise WR corps is strong with upside and hopefully I'll find something with the TE corps.
Overall strong as all your teams seem to be... You draft well...

4-hole:

Wilson (6), Cutler (16)

Bailey, CAR

Think it's top heavy at RB and WR. Also don't like Wilson in rd 6. Don't think Wilson will run as much this year and still has an underwhelming WR core. He's being over drafted IMO.

But nonetheless, solid.

7-pick

QB - Brady, Kaepernick, RG III

RB - Randle, Hyde, T Coleman, D Freeman, K Davis, Denard

WR - Beckham, Cobb, Cooks, M Floyd, Garcon, Stills

TE - Ebron, Fleener, V Green

Users who are viewing this thread