What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 Fanduel -- Week 1 (1 Viewer)

Never played DFS before, but some buddies that did well last year are talking me into it this year... so I threw down the $200 to get Fan Duel's $200 and consider that my bankroll. If it goes bust, well... then I'm done with this.

Will probably stick to cash games being new to this - the 50/50s I find appealing, even though you'll not make a huge amount off of any of them...

For week 1, I'm torn between the following lineups... would love to hear any feedback since I have no earthly idea what I'm getting into.

Bradford

Lacy

Ivory

Julio

Calvin

Adams

Olsen

Josh Brown

Denver

OR

Bradford

Lacy

Ivory

Julio

Dez

Adams

Reed/Eifert

Parkey

Jets

JFS171 said:
Never played DFS before, but some buddies that did well last year are talking me into it this year... so I threw down the $200 to get Fan Duel's $200 and consider that my bankroll. If it goes bust, well... then I'm done with this.

Will probably stick to cash games being new to this - the 50/50s I find appealing, even though you'll not make a huge amount off of any of them...

For week 1, I'm torn between the following lineups... would love to hear any feedback since I have no earthly idea what I'm getting into.

Bradford

Lacy

Ivory

Julio

Calvin

Adams

Olsen

Josh Brown

Denver

OR

Bradford

Lacy

Ivory

Julio

Dez

Adams

Reed/Eifert

Parkey

Jets
FWIW, I think the Dallas-NYG game is a track meet. I like Dez to do Dez things.

I'm going all in on Bradford in my cash lineups this week, and I'm having a hard time not also rolling out Jordan Matthews as I can seem to always pair him with a stud WR and Adams, along with strong RBs and Olsen at TE. I know I should generally limit my exposure to stacks to GPPs, but what are your thoughts on having a stack in this projected shootout in a cash lineup?

JFS171 said:

Bradford

Lacy

Ivory

Julio

Calvin

Adams

Olsen

Josh Brown

Denver

OR

Bradford

Lacy

Ivory

Julio

Dez

Adams

Reed/Eifert

Parkey

Jets
In general I like both teams. :thumbup:

But, I have moved away from Bradford and Lacy substantially. For reasons I've already mentioned in this thread, I think Philly is going to run the hell out of the ball against Atlanta. Bradford is still a good value in cash games at that price so I don't have a huge issue with it. But I think his upside is limited due to how much I think Philly plans on running it.

For Lacy, he did not have great games against Chicago last season. Aaron Rodgers on the other hand was unstoppable in those games. Because of that, I don't see any reason to load up on Lacy over others like DeMarco (who I love this week), CJ Anderson, and Matt Forte (if you can afford him). I had Lacy in most lineups, but after looking at what he did last season versus the Bears in two games, I've moved off of him for the most part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forsett not getting enough love imo. He'll catch a ton of check-downs from Joe and he has no real backup this week. I could easily see a line like:

80 rushing with a TD

60 receiving on 6 catches

With Evans looking more doubtful, V Jax I looking more attractive. Had only used him in fantasyscore where is his price is very low and I have just a few bucks FBGs get for free but now looking at him elsewhere.

What contest does the Free Entry in todays email get you - all I get is pay for leagues ?
have to be a new fanduel user

"Sign up to FanDuel today and you'll get a FREE ENTRY into a one-week fantasy football money league"
I did - but it came out to a list of a bunch of leagues with entry fees after I signed up - it didn't take you into a/the league after you signed up from there. Very poor interface here for sure.

What contest does the Free Entry in todays email get you - all I get is pay for leagues ?

"Sign up to FanDuel today and you'll get a FREE ENTRY into a one-week fantasy football money league"
I did - but it came out to a list of a bunch of leagues with entry fees after I signed up - it didn't take you into a/the league after you signed up from there. Very poor interface here for sure.
sorry man, I don't know. Try PM'ing a MOD

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/user/14-maurile-tremblay/

Happened to me. Once you've signed-up and in, hit that link again. Should take you right to it.

Happened to me. Once you've signed-up and in, hit that link again. Should take you right to it.
Thanks all - I hit the support chat window and someone linked it up

Thank goodness the "Live" tab is finally updated.

Notable Thursday GPP %'s (will there be a weekly feature on this?):

Quick .9%

R. Matthews 1%

Lambo 2%

Romo 2.7%

Agholor 5.1%

Forsett 5.8%

-----

Gronk 36.3%

D. Adams 28%

Lacy 24.1%

J. Matthews 20%

Olsen 20%

Jets and Dolphins 17%

The link to the FBG contest (the $10 50/50 where you try to earn entries into week 11) is returning "tournament not found" error for me at Fanduel. Has anyone entered the tournament or know how to get there?

The link to the FBG contest (the $10 50/50 where you try to earn entries into week 11) is returning "tournament not found" error for me at Fanduel. Has anyone entered the tournament or know how to get there?
It's a double-up this year. Go to the FBG Fanduel Week 1 landing spot. The link is on the top of the right hand column.

It's a double-up this year. Go to the FBG Fanduel Week 1 landing spot. The link is on the top of the right hand column.
Thanks for the correction, I did mean double-up and believe it was also a double-up last year, just said the wrong term. I go to the link on the FGB Fanduel landing page you reference and it takes me here: https://www.fanduel.com/footballguys-championship?btag=a_6928b_1103c_&p=FBG2015

However, when I try to enter the contest (by clicking on the Sept 13 play now button) it says the tournament could not be found. I'll contact support, just wondering if others are having the same problem or not. I did play in it i last year without any issues. If anyone is already entered how close is it to filling?

Thanks to those who filled out my league. I'm going to try and do a 20 man tourney every week so I'll post in the weekly threads the link. Small potatoes compared to some of these big plays but still a chance to win some cash on sundays.

Thanks for the correction, I did mean double-up and believe it was also a double-up last year, just said the wrong term. I go to the link on the FGB Fanduel landing page you reference and it takes me here: https://www.fanduel.com/footballguys-championship?btag=a_6928b_1103c_&p=FBG2015

However, when I try to enter the contest (by clicking on the Sept 13 play now button) it says the tournament could not be found. I'll contact support, just wondering if others are having the same problem or not. I did play in it i last year without any issues. If anyone is already entered how close is it to filling?
Ah, gotcha. Thought you might have been using an old link or something. I wasn't following where you were encountering the problem.

Yeah, it's full so I suspect that's the issue. I imagine they'll scale back the cap of 5 entries per person for week 2.

EDIT: And FWIW, I think last year was a 50/50 with a guarantee payout. It had serious overlays at different points along the way. I think one week finishing in the top 75% won. I figure that's why they changed it to a double up this year.

Some notes from TNF:

• DWill ran really well for 100+ yards, but still didn't cover value even for 50/50s with just 13.7 points on $7600 (would need 15.2 to get 2x value)
  • Edelman just covered value on $7700, needed 15.4 points and put up 16
  • Brady-Gronk-Brown stack was pretty deadly, yielding a nice 3.1x on their combined salaries

I am finding it hard to follow this thread. My advice is to be organized, have a notebook or two, folders to keep track.

My cash lineups so far are below. I have multiple variations and will need to probably cut it down to 2, one with Taylor. I would like some advice. I am not fully sure on Bradford now because Philly may score multiple rush TDs, a guy like Stafford or Tannehill may be safer as they are more likely to get passing to rushing TDs. Also I am using Lamar if I don't go cheap at QB and Tannehill may be a poor correlation.

Bradford

Lacy

Lamar

Julio

Matthews

Davante

Olsen

Carpenter

Jets

Taylor

Lacy

CJ Anderson

OBJ

Dez

Davante

Olsen

Carpenter

Jets

Taylor

Lacy

Hill (could be one of top cash ownership and could run all over OAK)

Julio

Megatron

Davante

Olsen

Folk

Jets

I normally skip Thursday night lineups due to the reasons mentioned many times before..

But decided, based on the thread here, to do a $2 triple up for the heck of it and see..

At first I was thinking.. Man, after the Brady + Gronk hookup I'm only 21st out of 500( top 150 cash out) :kicksrock:

Then I looked at some of the lineups in front of me.. Found out most of those in front had many ( I mean some had 7, 8 or even all 9 players) in last nights game.. :eek:

So thinking I have a good chance to hang on..

Brady - 27.62
Demarco
Abdullah
Dez
Devante
Wheaton - 9
Gronkowski - 29.9
McManus
Jets

I know too many here $6 is peanuts.. But considering I've never deposited a dime at Fanduel, and had only a balance of $38 to start the season from last year, tripling up the $2 is a start :)

Ill be fading Gronk entirely next week. Hes going to be more expensive than this week, playing on the road in Buffalo. Just looking ahead, Martelius Bennet at home against the Cardinals looks like money.

Edit: He was in 55/56 of my Thursday night lineups tonight though

Then I looked at some of the lineups in front of me.. Found out most of those in front had many ( I mean some had 7, 8 or even all 9 players) in last nights game.. :eek:
This is my first year doing this, and I noticed the same thing last night. Seemed like some just threw out everyone that played last night. I threw $2 in a GPP with Gronk and A Brown. Still have Taylor, L Murray, L Miller, Calvin Johnson, D Adams, McManus and Jets left. Not sure how to feel about that. I think I feel ok, but being my first week, I'm not real sure.

This is my first year doing this, and I noticed the same thing last night. Seemed like some just threw out everyone that played last night. I threw $2 in a GPP with Gronk and A Brown. Still have Taylor, L Murray, L Miller, Calvin Johnson, D Adams, McManus and Jets left. Not sure how to feel about that. I think I feel ok, but being my first week, I'm not real sure.
Guys load-up on pretty much every game though. I imagine there are more than a few Titans-Bucs-centric lineups out there too. You just don't see them because they never rise up to the top en masse like the Thursday night lineups do.

Guys load-up on pretty much every game though. I imagine there are more than a few Titans-Bucs-centric lineups out there too. You just don't see them because they never rise up to the top en masse like the Thursday night lineups do.
Makes sense. Thanks.

Fantasysports1 said:
So pretty much just pick Gronk every week?
I think that is a sound strategy.Though the salaries of the RBs, WRs might make it tricky to fit him in. Like Bell, last year, there are certain guys you want to pay up for to lock in their floor.
Until Gronk's price gets to $9,000K or higher ... he is a lock for cash games. I was really surprised that only had 30-33% ownership in cash games and GPP contest last night.

The GPP entries without him ... puncher's chance

The cash line-ups ... snowball's chance in ... but for the most part eliminated. There just are not that many games over the course of a year that see a guy score 3 TD. Heading into the weekend with him on your roster against a single player or group in a 50-50 that do not have him ... good place to be

At $9K he is as much as a solid, solid QB. Safe floor but you cannot afford to miss on the lower end QB/RB2/WR2/WR3 you are pushed into using to fit him in but ...

Not using him right now is HIGH risk for cash. Just like last year with Bell, as noted; OBJ and A Brown at certain parts of the year. Just like Gronk at end of last year

My experience at year's end was using a low-tier QB to offset the cost of Gronk and fill out rest of line-up as normal

Lacy had 50-54% ownership in those GPP and cash games I entered last night. I expect that to drop a little on Sunday but that is NBA DFS-esque ... and indicates a fade in GPP play but a pretty safe play for cash.

Read earlier about this results against the Bears last year and Rodgers history of wearing the Bears lock a sock via Joe T. The Bears appear to be bad on defense ... really bad ... and the Packers are down a Nelson with a gimpy Cobb ... giggle ... and I think game script is let's get the win on the road in division and get out healthy. Enter a load of Lacy.

This is where I differ in cash games with high totals. I used Brady, D Lewis and Gronk last night for cash and GPP. Game script called for an blank kicking and highly probable the QB, RB and WR all do well. That stack was a fumble away from disaster but ... yeah ... that TD went to Gronk so all good. Not out of reason to use Rodgers, Lacy and Adams in my opinion but I am looking at Lacy in most cash line-ups.

Like CJ Anderson a lot. Like some Ellington. Like the price/ROI presented on Ivory and Martin.

Only so-so on J Hill, as I think the Raiders make that competitive and there is a division of labor between him and Bernard in this game.

Forte ... if Jeffery is out (currently 50/50 to play) ... and Royal is gimpy ... the Packers have Forte and Bennett to stop. If I am the DC, we are stopping Forte at all cost and letting a Black Unicorn loose to try and score 30 against us. That's just me. By default Forte sees the ball I just think he is what the Packers remove first and foremost. Let Royal or less than healthy Jeffery beat you and stop the run.

T Taylor had 25% ownership in my cash games. I am there ... using him for cash in a few line-ups. Colts are missing one DE and Mathis has not played in a season and is no lock to go Sunday. From a Thursday-Sunday perspective ... Taylor paired with Gronk created some amazing line-ups. I feel safe using Taylor in Sunday Only and Sunday-Monday games.

Reading some of what has been written ... souring on Bradford. The Pokes game and Romo, as mentioned, becoming attractive. He only had 2.8% ownership last night. Beason is out. So are 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and every body from the practice squad safeties from the Giants. REALLY long night coming chasing Dez around. Still, Bradford's price tag attractive, as is this game total and the eye test from preseason

Adams had 47% ownership

Stevie Johnson 3% ... secret not out

Like all the insight from the group

A GPP Lineup I'm considering...

Andy Dalton
Doug Martin
Eddie Lacy
Odell Beckham Jr
A.J. Green
Steve Johnson
Martellus Bennett
Cody Parkey
New York Jets

I cant fade Lacy despite the ownership percentage.. just cant.

Anyone running private tourneys for this week? Relatively new to daily and want to avoid these dreaded "bots" and "pros"
Go to the Lobby on Fan Duel

Select League and or 50/50 Multiplier

Set the Entry fee in the $1-$5 range

MANY single entry, non pro events

Find the 100 man, single entry 50/50 ... safe zone in that price range

Anyone running private tourneys for this week? Relatively new to daily and want to avoid these dreaded "bots" and "pros"
Go to the Lobby on Fan Duel

Select League and or 50/50 Multiplier

Set the Entry fee in the $1-$5 range

MANY single entry, non pro events

Find the 100 man, single entry 50/50 ... safe zone in that price range
This. Single entry double ups at any number of entrants are generally safe at that price point as well.

Lacy had 50-54% ownership in those GPP and cash games I entered last night. I expect that to drop a little on Sunday but that is NBA DFS-esque ... and indicates a fade in GPP play but a pretty safe play for cash.

Read earlier about this results against the Bears last year and Rodgers history of wearing the Bears lock a sock via Joe T. The Bears appear to be bad on defense ... really bad ... and the Packers are down a Nelson with a gimpy Cobb ... giggle ... and I think game script is let's get the win on the road in division and get out healthy. Enter a load of Lacy.

This is where I differ in cash games with high totals. I used Brady, D Lewis and Gronk last night for cash and GPP. Game script called for an blank kicking and highly probable the QB, RB and WR all do well. That stack was a fumble away from disaster but ... yeah ... that TD went to Gronk so all good. Not out of reason to use Rodgers, Lacy and Adams in my opinion but I am looking at Lacy in most cash line-ups.

Like CJ Anderson a lot. Like some Ellington. Like the price/ROI presented on Ivory and Martin.

Only so-so on J Hill, as I think the Raiders make that competitive and there is a division of labor between him and Bernard in this game.

Forte ... if Jeffery is out (currently 50/50 to play) ... and Royal is gimpy ... the Packers have Forte and Bennett to stop. If I am the DC, we are stopping Forte at all cost and letting a Black Unicorn loose to try and score 30 against us. That's just me. By default Forte sees the ball I just think he is what the Packers remove first and foremost. Let Royal or less than healthy Jeffery beat you and stop the run.

T Taylor had 25% ownership in my cash games. I am there ... using him for cash in a few line-ups. Colts are missing one DE and Mathis has not played in a season and is no lock to go Sunday. From a Thursday-Sunday perspective ... Taylor paired with Gronk created some amazing line-ups. I feel safe using Taylor in Sunday Only and Sunday-Monday games.

Reading some of what has been written ... souring on Bradford. The Pokes game and Romo, as mentioned, becoming attractive. He only had 2.8% ownership last night. Beason is out. So are 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and every body from the practice squad safeties from the Giants. REALLY long night coming chasing Dez around. Still, Bradford's price tag attractive, as is this game total and the eye test from preseason

Adams had 47% ownership

Good stuff. I don't necessarily agree with every bit of it, but sound reasoning regardless. Lots of stuff here. I will try to unpack it and give my counter point where I disagree to get a bit of a conversation going.

Adams had 47% ownership

Good stuff. I don't necessarily agree with every bit of it, but sound reasoning regardless. Lots of stuff here. I will try to unpack it and give my counter point where I disagree to get a bit of a conversation going.
I am not really high on CJA, other potentially for a cash game, but find myself preferring Miller and Forsett given their price points. Although, Broncos are at home.... Payton Manning backs have a pretty solid record.

Adams had 47% ownership

The one player you mentioned I'm not at all high is Ellington. The matchup looks good but I just don't trust the Zona run game as it struggled last year and this pre season. Plus now they have better options than last year to potentially take some carries away. I do really like both Martin and Ivory, far and away my favorite lower priced RBs this week.

Hopefully Johnson's ownership stays low as I have him just about everywhere currently.

I like my lineups, though certain players may be low owned like Calvin Johnson and Lamar Miller. I am probably going Julio over Dez and OBJ but I think any are fine. Entering the lineups is half the battle. Tales a while if you only enter 5 dollar or 2 dollar 50/50s.

Do you guys prefer this

Bradford

Lacy

Miller

Julio

Cooks (might not be smart to fade Matthews but Cooks probably is safer as Mat the es could be left out)

Adams

Olsen

McManus

Jets

Or

Bradford

Lacy

Miller

Julio

Matthews

Adams

Olsen

Dan Bailey (one of the top kickers which can help as more likely to score)

Jets

Tricky as some prefer little more expensive QB like a Stafford and Bradford would be giving up rushing tds.

Adams had 47% ownership

Most of this I agree with, with varying degrees of conviction. A couple of spots at which I see things a little differently:

Dallas-NYG: I like Romo and Dez for the reasons you say. But I'm not sure Eli and ODB aren't equally good plays, if not better. Dallas's secondary doesn't look good overall and is even worse right now. NYG don't look like they can run the ball. I could see NYG falling behind by 10 to 14 and having Eli sling it all over the yard. As noted by Kirk Goldsberry in a recent Grantland piece:

"When targeting Beckham, Manning had a passer rating of 128.5; when targeting Randle, he had a rating of 75.2. In other words, Manning was better than Aaron Rodgers when targeting Beckham and worse than Geno Smith when throwing to Randle."

Even with Cruz back, I think Eli goes to the freak with a ton of those passes. I also worry about Dallas getting up and working on their running game in the 2nd half.

That said, good Eli giveth and bad Eli taketh away. I'm not sure if I will use Eli in my cash games or not, but he is more appealing than anyone seems to be giving him credit for.

Tyrod Taylor: I know I'm in the minority here, but he's worrisome to me. I get that he's a super-cheap QB who is starting for a team that has some weapons. But the guy was a below-average back-up for years for a reason. In all honesty, how many teams in the NFL would he start for right now other than Buffalo? 1 or 2 max? I see a much worse floor than everyone else seems to be seeing. He might hit "value", but if he doesn't crush "value" I'm not sure he's that worthwhile given the sheer volume of what appear to be attractive cheap plays at RB and WR. In other words, the $3000 in savings might not be quite as valuable this week as in others.

Forte: I'm finding myself more and more drawn to him as an against-the-grain play. I think his real value this week comes as a pass catcher. I agree that GB focuses on him, but teams have been doing that for awhile. I think Cutler has no time to throw downfield, meaning the short stuff and outlets should be commonplace. He may not have a ton of yards rushing, but I can envision a lot of game scripts with him catching 6-8 balls for 70-80 yards. The questions are just how many yards will he find on the ground and/or will he find the endzone.

Cruz is out. I agree with Eli and ODB. It feels like Eli should be cheaper, but it is what it is. Every Dallas db not named Scandrick graded terribly last year. This could be some silly back and forth. A great game to stack. A caveat is the potential huge improvement in the Dallas pass rush.

I like DeMarco Murray. I rarely see it mentioned but Philly's run blocking graded higher than Dallas's last season (per PFF, every player graded every play).

Cruz is out. I agree with Eli and ODB. It feels like Eli should be cheaper, but it is what it is. Every Dallas db not named Scandrick graded terribly last year. This could be some silly back and forth. A great game to stack. A caveat is the potential huge improvement in the Dallas pass rush.

I like DeMarco Murray. I rarely see it mentioned but Philly's run blocking graded higher than Dallas's last season (per PFF, every player graded every play).
Coming around to Eli-ODB and Romo-Dez stacks. Don't have any other action in that game.

I feel like Murray is going to rip off huge chunks of yardage at a time against ATL.

Coming around to Eli-ODB and Romo-Dez stacks. Don't have any other action in that game.

I feel like Murray is going to rip off huge chunks of yardage at a time against ATL.
Everyone is going to get huge chunks of yardage against that defense. Ryan was my cash QB in my Thurs contests because I just can't imagine many scripts that don't involve them needing to sling it a ton to keep/catch up.

Users who are viewing this thread