What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

LSU sophomore RB Leonard Fournette boasts a "special combination of power, speed, and change-of-direction ability," writes NFL Media draft analyst Chad Reuter.

The 6-foot-1, 230-pound Fournette led the Tigers with 1,034 rushing yards last year despite splitting carries, adding 10 touchdowns. He also had 625 yards and a touchdown on kick returns (1,786 all-purpose yards). Fournette is a legitimate Heisman candidate.

Jul 26 - 10:31 PM
Source: NFL.com
LSU sophomore RB Leonard Fournette was one of the 50 players named to the Walter Camp watch list on Friday, for the award given to College Football's most outstanding player.

As a freshman, the 6-foot-1, 230-pound Fournette rushed for 1,034 yards and 10 touchdowns, breaking the LSU freshman rushing record. The LSU prospect also added 127 receiving yards and was a threat on special teams, recording 625 kickoff return yards, while totaling 1,786 all-purpose yards in 2014.

Jul 17 - 3:38 PM
Source: The Advertiser
LSU sophomore RB Leonard Fournette believes college player should not be able to enter the NFL draft after their sophomore year.

In other words, Fournette likes the system that is currently in place with players waiting three years after high school. The reasoning? Fournette says college players "may be physically but not mentally ready." The LSU running back should be the focal point of the offense this season and will have to wait until the 2017 draft to be selected.

Jul 17 - 11:57 AM
Source: Joe Schad on Twitter
In 2014, LSU sophomore RB Leonard Fournette "barely scratched the surface of what he's capable of considering his rare combination of size, strength and speed," observes NFL Media analyst Lance Zierlein.

The 6-foot-1, 230-pound Fournette, the top recruit in 2014, led the Tigers with 1,034 rushing yards last year despite splitting carries. "Reports from LSU indicate we should look for a lighter and quicker Fournette, which should benefit him as he must learn to be more creative and elusive within the first three yards of the line of scrimmage in order to maximize those special traits and hit more big plays," Zierlein wrote. "I'm expecting a big jump forward in 2015." The analyst ranks Fournette as the No. 6 runner in the country.

Jun 25 - 5:36 PM
LSU sophomore RB Leonard Fournette "is one of the best running backs in the country, despite his relative lack of experience," wrote ESPN's Alex Scarborough.

"The nation’s former No. 1 overall recruit went from 'so-so' to 'holy cow' [at the end of the season]," wrote Scarborough. Fournette posted 289 yards and three touchdowns versus Texas A&M and Notre Dame. "If he brings that kind of dominance into 2015, he could carry the LSU offense on his own -- and with that mediocre passing offense, he could very well have to," wrote Scarborough.

Source: ESPN.com
Jun 3 - 4:39 PM
LSU sophomore RB Leonard Fournette "possesses an excellent blend of power, size and speed," writes Bleacher Report's Greg Wallace.

"And he's only getting better," wrote Wallace. "With an offseason of development behind him, the talented sophomore should take another big step forward in 2015, making himself even more appealing to NFL teams in need of a powerful backfield presence." Wallace ranks Fournette as one of the 10 best NFL prospects who are not yet draft eligible. Fournette won't have the choice of entering the pro ranks until after the 2016 season.

Source: Bleacher Report
May 27 - 12:52 AM
NFL Media ranks LSU sophomore RB Leonard Fournette as the No. 6 preseason Heisman contender.

The 6-foot-1, 230-pound Fournette, the best recruit in the 2014 recruiting cycle, led the Tigers with 1,034 rushing yards last year despite splitting carries with two tailbacks and a dual-threat quarterback. "He'll likely share carries again, but it's not a stretch to think he could get 235 or so attempts, which could mean around 1,500 yards," wrote College Football 24/7 writer Mike Huguenin, adding that an improved passing attack will also greatly help Fournette. "Fournette is both physical and fast." True that.

May 26 - 11:26 PM
CBS Sports' Rob Rang believes LSU freshman RB Leonard Fournette "sports an NFL-ready frame and explosive speed."

"The 6-foot-1, 230 pound Fournette was widely regarded as the elite prep talent in the country and he's certainly showed why in this contest, rushing for 143 yards on just 11 carries. Fournette sports an NFL-ready frame and explosive speed but won't be eligible for the NFL until 2017," Rang wrote. The true freshman also took a kick back to the house, scoring two touchdowns in Tuesday's 31-28 loss to Notre Dame in the Music City Bowl. Fournette was named to the SEC All-Freshman team after rushing for 891 yards and eight touchdowns on 176 carries.

Source: CBS Sports
Wed, Dec 31, 2014 03:18:00 PM
Scout Inc.'s Steve Muench and Kevin Weidl believe LSU freshman RB Leonard Fournette "has the best set of raw tools in this year's draft-ineligible running back crop."

"Fournette was ESPN's No. 1 prospect last year, and it's not hard to see why on tape," they wrote. "Fournette has quick feet and agility, runs with tremendous power and flashes an extra gear to run away from defenders. However, the true freshman still has plenty of room to improve in terms of vision and patience, in order to maximize his skill set for the future." The 6-foot-1, 230-pound Fournette was named to the SEC All-Freshman team after rushing for 891 yards and eight touchdowns on 176 carries.

Source: ESPN Insider
Sat, Dec 20, 2014 06:42:00 PM

Rotoworld:

Leonard Fournette - RB - Tigers

LSU sophomore RB Leonard Fournette's "combination of speed, power and size has been compared to Adrian Peterson, and it's possible Fournette will reach that level," proposes Sports on Earth's Matt Brown.

"He's only scratching the surface, and that's a scary thought for the rest of the SEC," Brown wrote. "Rated by some as the top recruit in the class of 2014, Fournette struck a Heisman pose after his first career touchdown and quickly became an impact player. The Heisman pose may have been premature, but it still may have been a sign of things to come." He grades Fournette as the No. 15 overall college football player. The 6-foot-1, 230-pound Fournette led the Tigers with 1,034 rushing yards last year. He won't have to split as many carries this time around.

Source: Sports on Earth

Aug 9 - 4:57 PM

Rotoworld:

LSU sophomore RB Leonard Fournette showcases "a special combination of tough running, breakaway speed, and change-of-direction ability," writes NFL Media draft analyst Chad Reuter.

We're not sure if there's any room left on the Fournette's hype train at this point. It's a very, very full train. Reuter noted that the 6-foot-1, 230-pound sophomore's production is made all the more impressive by the fact that he must perform against some of the tougher defenses in the country. While Fournette recorded just four 100-yard rushing games a season ago, he finished out with a flourish, running for 140+ yards against both Texas A&M and Notre Dame. The aforementioned "tougher defenses in the country" bit does not apply to those two teams, but still. He finished 2014 with 1,034 rushing yards, plus 625 yards on kick returns. We're going to go out on a strong limb and predict that he'll have more than four games with 100+ in his sophomore campaign.

Aug 26 - 5:25 PM

Best prospect since ADP
He's not even the best RB on his own team.
I enjoy reading your takes when you deign to share them, but I don't know why you bother posting in riddles. If you believe you have information to share, share it. Hell, if you just put your thoughts out there clearly you'd be able to bump them later when you're proven right (which has happened, I'm not a hater). Again, I enjoy your insights, especially the contrarian ones because it makes me take a second look. But the delivery could earn you better conversation. And if you aren't looking for good conversation, then why do you post? (I felt I had to say that before the inevitable "I don't care if I rub people the wrong way, I just want to talk football")

Best prospect since ADP
I enjoy reading your takes when you deign to share them, but I don't know why you bother posting in riddles. If you believe you have information to share, share it. Hell, if you just put your thoughts out there clearly you'd be able to bump them later when you're proven right (which has happened, I'm not a hater). Again, I enjoy your insights, especially the contrarian ones because it makes me take a second look. But the delivery could earn you better conversation. And if you aren't looking for good conversation, then why do you post? (I felt I had to say that before the inevitable "I don't care if I rub people the wrong way, I just want to talk football")
No good conversation will come of it because delusional Fournette fans already proclaim him to be "the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson". I thought that title was already taken by Todd Gurley. And before him, TJ Yeldon. To label Fournette as such, means he'd be the clearcut #1 RB for 2017, except he's not. There's quite a number of people out there who prefer Nick Chubb.

After Nick Chubb, my #2 2017 RB is Kalen Ballage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best prospect since ADP
Is this another one of your riddles or should I tell everyone who you're probably talking about?
Not a riddle. There's only one obvious answer: Derrius Guice.
I like Guice. He could be better but I don't know. I've got to watch both guys this year. I didn't really make it a point to watch Fourentte Much last year. I don't think the answer is obvious to a lot of people, though. You have to understand that a lot of the people posting here don't really follow college football let alone high school or Jr. College players making it to college for the first time. Hell, I follow that stuff but don't take it too serious because there is far too much fluctuation that happens from when these kids are 17 to draft eligible IMO. Most people are here for NFL football and generally depend on the information stream to help them Wth regards to college or otherwise. What you might think of obvious, isn't always so.

There is a lot of hyperbole that gets thrown around like best since AP... Didn't you say Gordon was the best since AP at one point? Guess what, you're going to get strong opinions on just about every player. Who cares, just deal with it. There's no point in letting every über fan of a particular player bother you. Personally, I've only felt that way about Gurely and I don't feel that way about anyone in the next few classes right now. Currently I have Chubb as the best RB in this class. I'm open to changing my mind about it.

Rotoworld:

LSU sophomore RB Leonard Fournette "made a convincing argument" that he's the best RB in the SEC, according to CBS Sports' Dane Brugler.

In the season opener versus Mississippi State, Fournette recorded 159 rushing yards on 28 carries and three touchdowns, while averaging 5.7 yards per carry. Although the LSU prospect is not eligible to be drafted until 2017, Brugler believes Fournette "might be the best player in the country." The 6-foot-1, 230-pound sophomore has rushed for 140+ yards in each of his last three games, dating back to last season.

Source: CBS Sports

Sep 16 - 3:30 PM

In other news, Nick Chubb rushed for 189 and averaged right at 10ypc but because it is pedestrian by his own standards, it didn't move the needle.

If Fournette is "the next Adrian Peterson" as we like to say all the time, then Chubb is going to be the next Emmit Smith.

In other news, Nick Chubb rushed for 189 and averaged right at 10ypc but because it is pedestrian by his own standards, it didn't move the needle.

If Fournette is "the next Adrian Peterson" as we like to say all the time, then Chubb is going to be the next Emmit Smith.
It was Vandy. Dont worry though, Chubb will be in every discussion about who the best back is. Especially when he gets some big TD days.

The RB position is just loaded with elite talent in college right now. Fournette, Chubb, Henry, Elliott and Cook all could make a reasonable claim as the top RB in the country.

I just started watching CFB last weekend so my opinion means squat, but this dude looks unstoppable. (blackdot)

The RB position is just loaded with elite talent in college right now. Fournette, Chubb, Henry, Elliott and Cook all could make a reasonable claim as the top RB in the country.
Cook can't.

The other 4 are all BEASTS.

Imo, Henry and Elliott are behind Fournette and Chubb.

Fournette seems to be the best, but to be fair, Georgia does make Chubb cede some carries to Michel.

How it looks as of now...

1. Fournette

2. Chubb

3. Henry

4. Elliott

Cook can't.

Fournette seems to be the best, but to be fair, Georgia does make Chubb cede some carries to Michel.

1. Fournette

2. Chubb

3. Henry

4. Elliott
Fournette only had 19 carries tonight.

Also, I don't see anything all that impressive about Henry.

Cook can't.

1. Fournette

2. Chubb

3. Henry

4. Elliott
Henry isn't special at all. Cook is substantially better than him.

Henry is a 4th-5th round talent.

Is it just me or does he look a good deal less than 230 lbs? I don't think he's nearly as big as advertised, or maybe he just carries the weight well. Looks more like 220 IMO.

He moves a lot better than I would have thought. He's got much quicker feet than I expected. I also like that he seems to naturally keep his shoulders square to the line and sinks his pad level.

He seems to be as good as advertised.

Is it just me or does he look a good deal less than 230 lbs? I don't think he's nearly as big as advertised, or maybe he just carries the weight well. Looks more like 220 IMO.

He moves a lot better than I would have thought. He's got much quicker feet than I expected. I also like that he seems to naturally keep his shoulders square to the line and sinks his pad level.

Took my son to a Nike Sparq camp in NO summer before last, and Fournette happened to be sitting right next to us. This was the summer before Fournette's freshman season. My son is 5'11" 236. Let me tell ya, Fournette is every bit of 230, and is ripped. Also was a really nice kid.

Took my son to a Nike Sparq camp in NO summer before last, and Fournette happened to be sitting right next to us. This was the summer before Fournette's freshman season. My son is 5'11" 236. Let me tell ya, Fournette is every bit of 230, and is ripped. Also was a really nice kid.
He's one of those freaks like Herschel Walker was in that he was NFL ready at age 18.

Good to know. Some guys carry the weight better than others and just don't look as big. If he is 230, man that's impressive. He runs light in his feet for that size. The power he runs with is evident. Some of those Auburn players where bouncing off him like they had those bubble suites on.

Rotoworld:

LSU HC Les Miles said he hasn't put any restrictions on sophomore RB Leonard Fournette's usage.
"In certain situations, you have the opportunity to reduce his exposure," Miles said. "In other games, you want to give him every opportunity that he needs to get his carries." The 6-foot-1, 230-pound Fournette ranks No. 12 in the country in rushing despite playing in only two games, posting 387 yards and six touchdowns on 47 attempts for an average of 8.2 YPC. "We wouldn't want to wear him out before we get to some of the key contests in our season," Miles said. "But in the same vein, it's also important that we win. The criteria is, who is the guy that should touch the ball the most to give us an opportunity to win the game."

Source: ESPN.com
Sep 24 - 4:15 PM

Users who are viewing this thread