What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (6 Viewers)

Looks like I have two win or go home games next week. Was feeling pretty good about it a few hours ago.

Then Fournette threw a punch and Gordon messed up his knee. They were my first 2 picks in both my leagues.

Sometimes it just isn't your year 

Pip's Invitation said:
IIRC AJ Green was not suspended further after an ejection for fighting last year. But it’s foolhardy to think you know how the NFL will rule in each case.
Good point. But the optics on this fight seem worse. The fact that it continued down the tunnel and didn't fizzle quickly doesn't bode well for Fournette IMO. 

I didn't realize he wasn't even on the field when this happened and sprinted accross the field from the other sideline.  What an absolute idiot.  I can't see how he doesn't get suspended at least one game.  How many games was Lynch suspended for?

Good point. But the optics on this fight seem worse. The fact that it continued down the tunnel and didn't fizzle quickly doesn't bode well for Fournette IMO. 
In his defense, he didn't really seem to be too interested in taking on Lawson at that point. It was more Lawson going after him.

I didn't realize he wasn't even on the field when this happened and sprinted accross the field from the other sideline.  What an absolute idiot.  I can't see how he doesn't get suspended at least one game.  How many games was Lynch suspended for?
On the other hand, Fournette clearly made a beeline to Lawson. He wasn't just hopping blindly into the fray. Lawson had reportedly been talking a lot of trash to Fournette all game, so when the opportunity came up, Fournette took full advantage and went right after Lawson. Coming off the sideline to fight a specific player is really really dumb. Dude let his emotions control him and may very well have cost his team the game because of it.

Sometimes the ejection is considered a suspension, and they play the next game.  It depends on what the NFL wants to do.  He will definitely be fined. You should know today if he will get a suspension.  

In his defense, he didn't really seem to be too interested in taking on Lawson at that point. It was more Lawson going after him.

On the other hand, Fournette clearly made a beeline to Lawson. He wasn't just hopping blindly into the fray. Lawson had reportedly been talking a lot of trash to Fournette all game, so when the opportunity came up, Fournette took full advantage and went right after Lawson. Coming off the sideline to fight a specific player is really really dumb. Dude let his emotions control him and may very well have cost his team the game because of it.
Bortles sucks even with Fournette in the game

Suspended one game. Perfect timing for FFPC playoffs.
Beautiful. Last regular season game for me, win and I am in. Would be appropriate end to my season not having Fournette available. Been that way all year. Chances of me getting Hyde off WW is slim. Maybe they’ll ride Yeldon. At least I have him.

Beautiful. Last regular season game for me, win and I am in. Would be appropriate end to my season not having Fournette available. Been that way all year. Chances of me getting Hyde off WW is slim. Maybe they’ll ride Yeldon. At least I have him.
If you have Yeldon you should be fine. I think JAX has pretty much thrown in the towel on the season anyway. The only exceptional thing this year coming out of Duval is Ramsey's trash talking.

If you have Yeldon you should be fine. I think JAX has pretty much thrown in the towel on the season anyway. The only exceptional thing this year coming out of Duval is Ramsey's trash talking.
Yeldon vs Indy, or J Adams vs Was?  With byes over, I was hoping I’d FINALLY have my “set it & forget it” lineup in place.🤬

Typical.

Everything about it is simply eye-rolling.

From Fournette's complete lack of self-control, awareness, IQ, etc. to this being yet another missed game in a season of missed games to it happening at the one time GMs need him the most.

So f'n typical of Fournette it hurts.

First time/last time drafting him.

Hate is a strong word.
I’ll go with loathe.  After a slow star I was rolling heading into the playoffs next week.  Now I have no fournette no Gordon and no blind bid $ left.  Conveniently my opponent has TJ. Maybe despise is better still.  (Pointing to my shirt as I type)

But he deserves it. Probably deserved a game for the betting incident. Just a dumb player all around.

Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette suspended one game

Jacksonville Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette was suspended by the NFL for one game for violations of unsportsmanlike conduct and unnecessary roughness, the league announced Monday. 

Fournette is set to miss Jacksonville's Week 13 test against the Indianapolis Colts as a result of his role in a skirmish during the Jags' loss to the Buffalo Bills on Sunday. 

He is expected to appeal the suspension, a source told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. Fournette should know his fate before practice on Wednesday.

NFL vice president of football operations Jon Runyan explained the reason for Fournette's suspension in the following statement: "Sportsmanship is the cornerstone of the game and the League will not tolerate game-related misconduct that conveys a lack of respect for the game itself and those involved in it... Video of the incident shows that you were not a participant in the play and that you ran from your sideline to the opposite side of the field to insert yourself as an active participant in a fight. Once you entered the fight area, you struck a member of the opposing team. Your actions adversely reflected on the NFL and have no place in the game."

Fournette and Bills linebacker Shaq Lawson were both ejected from Buffalo's 24-21 win after participating in a fracas late in the third quarter. The fight occured after Jags wide receiver Donte Moncrief came down with a contested catch near Buffalo's goal line. Both teams traded shoves as Moncrief and Bills cornerback Levi Wallace fought for possession. Fournette and Lawson went after each other during the fight and, after being ejected, had to be restrained from each other in the tunnel. 

"Your brothers are getting attacked, they're fighting out there, you're going to have to go there and also protect your own, but at the same time, professional now, I mean, you can't have that," Fournette explained to reporters after the loss. "I apologize to all those kids out there who look up to me and all of our fans. The biggest thing is this whole loss, totally on me. I take full responsibility." Fournette also issued an apology Sunday on Instagram.

With Fournette likely out next week, Carlos Hyde and T.J. Yeldon should carry the load against the Colts' 13th-ranked run defense.

Fournette is eligible to return to the team on Dec. 3, following Jacksonville's game against Indianapolis. 

If Fournette appeals, it would be heard and decided by either Derrick Brooks or James Thrash, the officers jointly appointed and compensated by the NFL and NFLPA to decide appeals of on-field player discipline.

Yeldon vs Indy, or J Adams vs Was?  With byes over, I was hoping I’d FINALLY have my “set it & forget it” lineup in place.🤬
Don't like either scenario particularly. Reasons being Hyde, Clement, and Smallwood. Probably go with Yeldon vs Indy but wouldn't like hanging my seasons hopes in playoffs on him. If Fournette appeals I'm thinking he would only be postponing the inevitable.

Looking out to week 14, not a fan of the matchup and seriously considering benching him.

I have to start 2 out of this bunch:

Fournette, Gus the Bus, Michel, Mack, Carson, Jeffrey

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking out to week 14, not a fan of the matchup and seriously considering benching him.

I have to start 4 out of this bunch:

Fournette, Gus the Bus, Michel, Mack, Carson, Jeffrey
Will be tough sledding against TEN for sure, who have been solid against the run, but I am not shying away from Fournette for two reasons:

1) TEN is trending in the opposite direction against the run the last two weeks, letting the Colts gash them on the ground, and giving up 160+ to HOU last week. Granted, 100 of those yards against HOU came from a single play, but it came from a complete breakdown in run coverage. If they get gashed again this week, then I'm less wary as momentum matters

2) Fournette will get every and all opportunity as the centerpiece of this offense, all over the field. Volume = opportunity, even against stout run Ds.

You need to have really good options instead. Michel would be one as he faces a MIA D that has been poor against the run all year.

As to the other options, I think I'd prefer Fournette as Gus may still split carries (he seems the lead guy now but if there is one thing I know about the BAL backfield is that it's constantly in flux and wildly unpredictable), Mack (assuming he's fully back) has a tough match up in HOU, and ditto for Carson against MIN. 

Will be tough sledding against TEN for sure, who have been solid against the run, but I am not shying away from Fournette for two reasons:

1) TEN is trending in the opposite direction against the run the last two weeks, letting the Colts gash them on the ground, and giving up 160+ to HOU last week. Granted, 100 of those yards against HOU came from a single play, but it came from a complete breakdown in run coverage. If they get gashed again this week, then I'm less wary as momentum matters

2) Fournette will get every and all opportunity as the centerpiece of this offense, all over the field. Volume = opportunity, even against stout run Ds.

You need to have really good options instead. Michel would be one as he faces a MIA D that has been poor against the run all year.

As to the other options, I think I'd prefer Fournette as Gus may still split carries (he seems the lead guy now but if there is one thing I know about the BAL backfield is that it's constantly in flux and wildly unpredictable), Mack (assuming he's fully back) has a tough match up in HOU, and ditto for Carson against MIN. 
Yea, I meant to say I have to start 2 out of that bunch. Michel will most likely be in against MIA... I kinda think I have to start Fournette, but this one has me worried. 

Cost me semifinals on an FFPC team.  The score? 199.00 - 197.20, the other guy.  

I get him back for the consolation round... sweet!

I was prepared to come on here and eat crow since came back strongly from his injury, and I've vented pretty strongly on here about it, but man, never drafting this guy again.  If it's not one thing, it's another.

Thanks Leonard. You’ve been a real gem of a first rd pick.

Now I’m deciding between Yeldon, Coleman, or picking up Blount for spot start. Anyone have thoughts for this band-aid in a non PPR?

#1 on 2019's do not draft list. he might've moved himself to the 'DND under any circumstances' list .
Hope the rest of you do this too!

Injuries and bad games happen. Seems like it happens to Fournette more often, but whatever.

He'll be worth the risk in round 3 or later next year. Similar to Gurley last year.  Gurley was going in the mid-2nd  because people were down on him after a crappy year. Fourette, like Gurley,  is still a stud-talent with a workhorse role. 

Turd.

This guy singlehandedly has killed my team this year between early exits, not playing at all, and now this crap-tastic game at the worst possible time.

This game had bust written all over it for Fournette.  Good defense, on the road, with your own defense mailing it in so that the game script won't be in Fournette's favor.

Yet I still couldn't sit him.  Probably will get me eliminated from the playoffs.

That said, at least I know not to keep him next year.

This game had bust written all over it for Fournette.  Good defense, on the road, with your own defense mailing it in so that the game script won't be in Fournette's favor.

Yet I still couldn't sit him.  Probably will get me eliminated from the playoffs.

Did you have a better option than him? I know I didn't, unless you count Tevin Coleman or hail mary toss on Justin Jackson.

And 3 O-linemen missing. 

You could see the frustration on his face many times last night. The team lets him down often. I still think he has a bright future

Not sure if he's playing at a heavier weight than last year but he looked a little heavy when watching him last night

Don't want to anger those who might lose this weekend because of this bum, but for those of us Lenny owners with byes this week -- are you trusting him next week?

I am lucky to potentially have other options (CMC, Lindsay, Cohen) but want to avoid having a Henry happen with Lenny on my bench.

Good god this has been a frustrating year with this guy. Kinda makes me want to sit him down at our favorite camping place side by side, get him talking about the larger dream of settling down on our own piece of idyllic land in the bosom of California's milk and honey, all the while pulling a gun out from behind my back and shooting him in the temple to end our mutual misery.

#suddenlySteinbeck

Don't want to anger those who might lose this weekend because of this bum, but for those of us Lenny owners with byes this week -- are you trusting him next week?

I am lucky to potentially have other options (CMC, Lindsay, Cohen) but want to avoid having a Henry happen with Lenny on my bench.

Good god this has been a frustrating year with this guy. Kinda makes me want to sit him down at our favorite camping place side by side, get him talking about the larger dream of settling down on our own piece of idyllic land in the bosom of California's milk and honey, all the while pulling a gun out from behind my back and shooting him in the temple to end our mutual misery.

#suddenlySteinbeck
There’s no way with this line and that QB you have to worry about Fournette going off like Henry did. I stopped watching last night after I saw about 15+ yds wipes out from holding penalties. Right away that told me there would be no hope for a turnaround. Sadly I was right.

#suddenlySteinbeck
This was his first game since he came back where he scored under 20 points in fantasy.  I am definitely starting him next week in all my leagues and I would probably start him over Cohen (who is far from immune to these kind of dud games himself).  Cohen has actually scored fewer points than Fournette did last night in 2 of his last 5 games.

#suddenlySteinbeck
But can he still tend the rabbits, George?

This was his first game since he came back where he scored under 20 points in fantasy.  I am definitely starting him next week in all my leagues and I would probably start him over Cohen (who is far from immune to these kind of dud games himself).  Cohen has actually scored fewer points than Fournette did last night in 2 of his last 5 games.
I feel pretty much the same as you but I would point that while it's true this was his first bad game since his return  and really first fully healthy bad game he's had all year it was also his first game without Norwell. And for that matter maybe Blake's running threat opened up things for him.  But my only dynasty league I own Fournette thankfully got a bye and that team also has Cohen and I might fit both in but if I got to pick one I'm leaning Fournette.  Despite his bad game I'm a believer in fresh legged RB's late in the season, especially RB's like him, big and fast.

Game flow is huge for him and the Sanchize factor will help immensely with that. I expect Jacksonville to bounce back on defense and play from ahead or worst case be in a close game. LF banging ahead 20-25 or so times should give him 80+ yards and a good shot at a td. Throw in 3-4 recs and I’m happy. He’ll be in my lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread