What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (3 Viewers)

wtf, that came out of nowhere. why wouldnt you just get another year out of him and then let him go? must have done something as it makes no sense otherwise

Man they really wanted him gone. Wouldn't this disqualify them now for get comp pick? (Only reason I thought they kept him on roster after not getting any/adequate offers)

Not long term they aren't.  He is a definitely sell in dynasty leagues.  His future is very unknown and along with his injury history it magnifies that.
  On 6/5/2020 at 6:49 PM, Milkman said:

I'm buying all day at his current price and if I own him I'm holding. Especially if you're a contender. He could easily lead the league in rushing and his measily 3 TDs can only go up. If he scored like 3-4 more times last year he would have been RB6 or something. People's perception of his value is way off. 

Probably too late

Very unpopular opinion, but this is an example of why I believe that all add drops should be done via waivers or bidding.  The scramble to the phone when news breaks should not ultimately determine your league.  I am prepared for all of snarky rejoinders, but that doesn’t change the fact that I am right.

Perhaps no one wants him.  He does bring some baggage doesn't he?   Everything I read all summer said to get rid of this guy........and I did.  

Among 36 RBs with 40+ targets for the season, Fournette ranked 27th in yards per catch, 30th in yards per target, 25th in yards per route run. Despite a career-best 4.3 yards per rush, Football Outsiders rated Fournette just 34th among 45 qualifying RBs in both main rushing-efficiency metrics -- below average/replacement-level performance in each category. Pro Football Focus similarly graded Fournette just 41st in rushing among the 45 RBs with 100+ attempts in 2019.

Over his 3 seasons in the league, Fournette has touched the ball a lot when healthy. He ranks 4th in that span in carries per game and 3rd in touches per game. But among the top 100 RBs in total carries since the start of 2017, Fournette ranks just 66th in non-PPR points per touch and 63rd in PPR points per touch.

In short, he has feasted totally on touch volume.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very unpopular opinion, but this is an example of why I believe that all add drops should be done via waivers or bidding.  The scramble to the phone when news breaks should not ultimately determine your league.  I am prepared for all of snarky rejoinders, but that doesn’t change the fact that I am right.
Not unpopular with me. My leagues have been all blind bidding only for 10+ years and everyone loves it 

Not unpopular with me. My leagues have been all blind bidding only for 10+ years and everyone loves it 
All my leagues are this way. Not sure why you think most people are against this? 

That’s a very common opinion 

Tampa seems like the logical choice to me. Yeah, I'm sure Washington would be interested, but I doubt he would want to go there.

Almost wonder if there is more to this. Seems like an odd move. I really struggle to believe they couldn't trade him for something. 

On 6/5/2020 at 6:49 PM, Milkman said:

I'm buying all day at his current price and if I own him I'm holding. Especially if you're a contender. He could easily lead the league in rushing and his measily 3 TDs can only go up. If he scored like 3-4 more times last year he would have been RB6 or something. People's perception of his value is way off. 

Probably too late
Let's see where he lands first. Probably a 2 down thumper/GL back now or he's going to jail. Lol

Looks like it. But Minshew might not get the memo, ala Fitzpatrick in Miami. However, I can't think of a another team that should be as bad as the Bengals were last year.
I'm sure Minshew will be fine but he has an average supporting cast and their defense is the worst in the league.

Yeah, that's why I don't understand this decision. Why free up cap for this season when FA is over and you're tanking anyway. By declining his 5th year, they could have just let him walk and get comp picks. This felt more like a personal decision than a business one. 
You can roll over unused cap space to the following year, but this wasn’t a cap-based decision. This was all about them not wanting him around anymore. 

Users who are viewing this thread