What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (5 Viewers)

I’ve said a couple times - I have a share of RoJo. He’s my 5th RB, it was a low investment.  I’ve been waiting for a good string of games to sell high.

that is unlikely to happen anytime soon, but it didn’t effect my bias on judging Fournette, who I’ve never been a fan of. I haven’t been shy about that so looking back at past posts would be a better way to judge bias. 

i see this as a mess for everyone but the Bucs, who suddenly have a deep backfield. Albeit with a RB I’m not very high on because I think he lacks vision. 
Thx, I haven't read every post, so didn't see your earlier ones mentioning your Rojo ownership.

I agree Fournette lacks vision. But so does Jones IMO. Also think that Fournette is better at all the other things both are decent/good at. What gave Jones value was being the warm bodied RB on the Bucs. Fournette is warmer, or will be fairly soon.

I’ve been fading all Bucs as well in redraft. I don’t think Brady has it in him to really maximize that vertical game. He’ll keep it short, pick his spots to throw deep and be efficient while likely playing from ahead a lot. Td record lol. I never believed in Rojo or Vaughn either

I think this is a great spot for LF, amongst the teams he was connected with. But still a significant downgrade from the massive volume he got in Jax. Actually I was fading him there too due to Thompson likely keeping him from a 3 down role and the chance that there’d be issues with the team. I’d start looking at him 5/6. I wouldn’t think about Rojo until round 9 or later.

Fournette is warmer, or will be fairly soon.
Jury’s out on that one. Fournette also has a knack for missing games.

Availability is the best ability & all that, right? Maybe that’s one warm bodied thing Jones is better at that’ll make the difference. 

That, and pass protection. Wonder how many touched Fournette will get if Brady gets blowed up a couple times on his watch. 

From a redraft perspective it’s a mess. I have plenty of guys I can plug into my RB 2 spot. i feel bad for people who invested a 5th in Jones.

overall I think they’ll both be flex-worthy if things break the way I expect 

Lenny strikes me as a guy that’s invested to learn the nuances :lmao:
one thing about Fournette is he wants to win, and he is on a team with Tom Brady now.  This absolutely bodes well for him because no one wants to win more than Brady.  That drive to win is going to get him on the field more for sure.

I know this is the way it goes in fantasy circles, but it isn’t going to be one or the other. They’re going to use them both. Vaughn isn’t going to be ready to go and a top 4 pick that’s 25 just became available. The Bucs are all in for the short term. They’re planning on controlling the ball and scoring a lot of points. You need more than one good RB to accomplish that. 

Arians is a hot hand guy. I personally think Jones has worked his tail off and is in store for a really nice season. As a Bucs fan though, I’m glad they signed an insurance policy. 

I know this is the way it goes in fantasy circles, but it isn’t going to be one or the other. They’re going to use them both. Vaughn isn’t going to be ready to go and a top 4 pick that’s 25 just became available. The Bucs are all in for the short term. They’re planning on controlling the ball and scoring a lot of points. You need more than one good RB to accomplish that. 

Arians is a hot hand guy. I personally think Jones has worked his tail off and is in store for a really nice season. As a Bucs fan though, I’m glad they signed an insurance policy. 
I agree with 100% of this. It’ll more than likely be a time-share. At least until Fournette gets hurt. ;)  

I will say this. If Fournette doesn't push RoJo off the field and take this backfield over I will be forced to admit I was wrong about him. I've always been higher than most on Fournette. He has no excuses now. 

I can tell where your loyalties are. I wonder if Fournette might have a different attitude for the game when he isn’t the “stop this guy at all costs” focal point anymore? 
Jokes aside, I think less may be more for Fournette.

IF he can pass protect adequately, using him in a time-share could help to keep him from breaking down. It’s been soft tissue injuries IIRC. Quad, hammy, calf type stuff, 

not running him into a pile 25x a game might cut down on the bumps & bruises a little.

I will say this. If Fournette doesn't push RoJo off the field and take this backfield over I will be forced to admit I was wrong about him. I've always been higher than most on Fournette. He has no excuses now. 
It could also just mean RoUo is better than you give him credit for as well. :)  

Jokes aside, I think less may be more for Fournette.

IF he can pass protect adequately, using him in a time-share could help to keep him from breaking down. It’s been soft tissue injuries IIRC. Quad, hammy, calf type stuff, 

not running him into a pile 25x a game might cut down on the bumps & bruises a little.
He is dumb as rocks and his team mates hate him. 

What round are you taking Fournette and Rojo now?

Fournette is probably round 4-5 for me in PPR, and Jones 8-10. 

If you’re drafting right now, redraft, where do you put them both?

7th round? 8th? 
For me they are now firmly in my do not draft list. LF was there already. 
My phone texting interface has been weird. I only meant to quote Hot Sauce here. 

***ETA In fact I just realized it made it look like Boston Fred said what were actually my words "For me they are....."*** sorry about that

Last edited by a moderator:
You go from saying how great Rojo is and TB wouldn’t sign him ever because all reports out of TB are great for Rojo and Brady likes him and so does Arians. Totally confident in that take, even went as far to say Rojo > Fournette. Then, once you’re proven wrong and TB does sign him, so much for that confident take, you’re wavering and hemming/hawing over who might emerge. Why anyone takes you seriously is a mystery. Your wind blows strongly in the direction of whomever you’re invested in but changes on a dime. Either your confident in your takes or you’re throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. Can’t be both. Waiting for you to eat the crow you said you’d eat just about 45 min ago
Being able to change gears midstream (terrible mixed metaphor) is one of the most important skills in FF as a season (and offseason) unfolds. I can change my mind in the course of an hour. Yeah I disagreed with him on this original take too. So what? Can you please stop with the personal ####? I'm absolutely sick of reading your garbage on *many* of these threads. Your trolling (and that of some others) makes this board almost unreadable. 

Being able to change gears midstream (terrible mixed metaphor) is one of the most important skills in FF as a season (and offseason) unfolds. I can change my mind in the course of an hour.
I didn’t even really change my mind. I still think it’s a bad landing spot - he’s likely in a timeshare, and now so is RoJo.  So it hurts both their values in that sense. 

and from a FF manager who’s about to draft’s perspective it hurts there as well.

Had Fournette gone to the Bears it would have given me ANOTHER 4-5 round RB to target, rather than 1 less. 

i still think RoJo > Fournette, and we can disagree about that & still have a good time on the forum being friends, just like @Milkman & I can disagree & still be friends.

The trolling is just weirdly obsessive. Ah well, I only see it when others quote them. Nice someone’s thinking of me I guess.

;)  

Think people are sleepin on Fournettes 76 catches last year and getting added to a Brady led offense.
People that are invested in RoJo are sleeping on Fournette's upside. People that are invested in Fournette are sleeping on Fournette's floor. 

I didn’t even really change my mind. I still think it’s a bad landing spot - he’s likely in a timeshare, and now so is RoJo.  So it hurts both their values in that sense. 

and from a FF manager who’s about to draft’s perspective it hurts there as well.

Had Fournette gone to the Bears it would have given me ANOTHER 4-5 round RB to target, rather than 1 less. 

i still think RoJo > Fournette, and we can disagree about that & still have a good time on the forum being friends, just like @Milkman & I can disagree & still be friends.

The trolling is just weirdly obsessive. Ah well, I only see it when others quote them. Nice someone’s thinking of me I guess.

;)  
I don't even have any shares of either of these guys. I'm lamenting my Vaughn shares. 

I’ll say by the weekend Fournette will settle with a 5th round ADP, Jones in the 8th. 

I don’t think either is a world beater. I do think Fournette is the better player, but this move speaks volumes to me as an observer. It seemed like Arians was willing to play anyone other than Jones last year. Then they draft Vaughn. I think this backfield will belong to Fournette barring injury.  

I’m already daydreaming about all the potential shootouts in that NFC South division between the Bucs, Saints, Falcons...should be a ton of points in a lot of those divisional matchups this year. Hopefully Lenny can still put up RB2 numbers on less carries. I’m loving where he landed, no better spot imo.

Yeah, that ship sailed when they brought in Shady & relegated Vaughn to KR/PR.

I’d still hold - Vaughn is a good prospect. Might just take time. 
Well that's the funny thing, I also am in the "Jones is a bust" camp and took the McCoy signing as more of an indictment against Jones more than Vaughn, who I more or less blamed his status on getting the COVID and abbreviated TC and being a rookie and all. I figured there was maybe still at least a little bit of a heartbeat there for Vaughn. But with the latest reports on Jones I figured maybe I was wrong on him. He is still what 23? Guys do get better. But then they bring in LF and now I'm just straight out on all of them not named Godwin. I think he is the only one with a safe floor but it will be whack a mole to figure out who hits their ceiling from week to week. I want to say Brady is the other one to own. But.....

End of the day, Fournettes a winner here

Escaped Jacksonville(this alone is a win by itself)

Minor pay cut

Wanted to win, Signed to a winning team, and potential Super Bowl 

Still gets to play for a large payday, and he parlayed all the negativity about him.....into playing for a coach who will use him as a bellcow

My 2 shares of him, I am good

I'm just straight out on all of them not named Godwin. I think he is the only one with a safe floor but it will be whack a mole to figure out who hits their ceiling from week to week. I want to say Brady is the other one to own. But.....
lol - and I’m higher on Evans than Godwin. I think he’s a better fit for Brady’s arm. :lol:  

End of the day, Fournettes a winner here

Escaped Jacksonville(this alone is a win by itself)

Minor pay cut

Wanted to win, Signed to a winning team, and potential Super Bowl 

Still gets to play for a large payday, and he parlayed all the negativity about him.....into playing for a coach who will use him as a bellcow

My 2 shares of him, I am good
Agree with all but the bolded. That is a TBD. 

Suddenly, I can
I am surprised he ended up in Tampa. Don't think its as good a spot as Jacksonville was, as I'd be blown away if he saw anywhere near the workload he did a year ago. That said, his TD upside certainly goes up. 

I could still see Arians souring on him quickly, but he'll get a shot. I could see this being a really frustrating backfield and would probably want no part of it, if I were drafting this weekend. At least not until 30+ RBs in. I think McCoy(or Ogunbowale if McCoy is a surprise cut) will likely get the receiving work, and Fournette the GL work, with some combo of the two of them and Ronald Jones seeing the 20-20 work.

Side note, how bad must Vaughn rookie drafters feel right now. Vaughn is suddenly looking like a gameday inactive. Might Damien Harris all over again.

Not to get too off-topic, but there was an article about efficiency ratings, and why it favored Evans over Godwin with Brady behind center. I'll see if I can find it & will message you the link if I can. 
Wouldn't efficiency ratings with Winston be all but irrelevant now?

Users who are viewing this thread