What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (1 Viewer)

You might be right.. These situations are hard to tell.  It could be nothing; but man, it's starting to take shape...previous foot issues, hurt, missing game, held out a game for what seems like a rediculous and implausible reason, then a crappy game replaced late, then back to practice, then no practice.  Foot and ankle problems are tough...this is how those things start

I'm picking up Ivory as my end of bench as a flyer.  If it doesn't pan out, NP. 

I don't think he is playing this week. I also don't think the fact they are playing Cleveland is why either. They just might be trying to rest him because they know if he keeps playing on it, the injury won't go away. He just is a guy who constantly is nicked up even back to his college days. 

It seems like Yeldon has moved his stock up the past few weeks with good performances and I imagine a full timeshare with him and Ivory this week. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Leonard Fournette (ankle) is practicing in full for Week 13 against the Colts.

Prior to Wednesday, Fournette hadn't put in a full session since November 10. The rookie was ineffective last week at Arizona (12 carries for 25 yards) but should be in for a bounce-back game Sunday against Indianapolis. He'll be an RB1 for the final week of the fantasy regular season.

Source: Ryan O'Halloran on Twitter

Leonard Fournette (quad) remained sidelined at Friday's practice.

Fournette has missed every practice this week, putting his status for Sunday against the Texans in real jeopardy. Perhaps the Jaguars will take precautionary measures and hold Fournette out in preparation for the playoffs. Jacksonville can beat Houston with a T.J. Yeldon/Chris Ivory backfield.

Source: Mike Kaye on Twitter 

Dec 15 - 11:21 AM

ESPN's Michael DiRocco reports Leonard Fournette has reported to OTAs "looking a bit slimmer."

After weighing in at 240 at the Combine, Fournette was listed at 228 as a rookie. Although that's what was expected, Fournette still appeared too bulky at times, and had trouble staying on the field because of his recurrent ankle issues. Shedding a few more pounds could be a way to both increase durability and add a little more explosion. It's an offseason storyline to watch.

Source: Michael DiRocco on Twitter 

May 22 - 1:46 PM

Leonard Fournette said his goal is to play at his college weight this season.

Fournette was listed at 228 last season after tipping the scales at 240 at the Combine. "I feel like I play my best at what I played at in college, 223, 224 (pounds)," Fournette said Tuesday. "I put in my best at that weight and why not (get back there)?" Reporter Mike Kaye described Fournette as "much leaner." ESPN's Michael DiRocco made a similar observation last month. It's the right decision from Fournette after stamina and durability were question marks as a rookie.

Source: First Coast News 

Jun 12 - 2:27 PM

Leonard Fournette is reporting to Jaguars camp at 223 pounds.

Per the New Orleans Times-Picayune, that's Fournette's lowest weight since high school. Fournette was listed at 228 last season. Even before he began suffering ankle injuries, Fournette looked noticeably sluggish at times. Dropping weight is a smart move all around for the No. 4 overall pick of last year's draft. He needs to increase his durability while reclaiming explosiveness.

Source: Jeff Duncan on Twitter 

Jul 23 - 2:39 PM

Leonard Fournette believes he is already feeling the benefits of playing 15 pounds lighter this season.

"I have been more consistent on my bursts and stuff, just a lot of conditioning I have been doing in the offseason," Fournette said. He also revealed he's being coached to run out of bounds more often as a sophomore. "(To) save my body. ... If the out of bounds is right there, I have to take it." Only time will tell if they will translate, but Fournette seems to have learned the right lessons from his inconsistent rookie campaign.

Source: John Oehser on Twitter 

Aug 2 - 6:02 PM

I'm personally moving Fournette up in my rankings for this year. He is just behind the big 3 of DJ/Gurley/Bell for me now. He performed well in the passing game last year so I think, because he is their best playmaker, they are going to get him more involved in the passing game. That puts him just in front of EE who I think is in a similar spot but Fournette is the better talent imo. Both should do well barring injury. Fournette has the highest floor at RB besides maybe Gurley in the league.

roto blurb 

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said the team is working to get Leonard Fournette more involved on third downs this year.

Fournette was an effective pass-catcher last year, delivering 36 catches for 302 yards on 48 targets. He occasionally ceded passing-down work to T.J. Yeldon and Corey Grant, but based on Marrone's comments, there's less chance of that happening in 2018. "He seems to be doing a good job," said Marrone. "It’s a little bit different on third down, schematically what we do. He’s just getting himself comfortable with that." Fournette reportedly dropped 15 pounds this offseason and is hoping his new, lighter physique will make him more versatile. He's a safe investment as an RB1.
and preseason observation

We know Fournette is going to get a massive workload this season as the Jags continue their goal of winning with defense while hiding Blake Bortles. Fournette averaged 20.6 carries per game as a rookie and tacked on 3.7 targets. The last hurdle for him to clear was becoming game-flow independent, playing on third-and-long and playing in the two-minute offense. I’m still not sure Fournette is there yet, but the Jags clearly are experimenting with it more, as he was in on all six third-down plays the first-stringers ran Saturday. Overall, he was in on 23-of-29 first-string snaps while T.J. Yeldon got seven and Corey Grant got zero. Proving to be a capable pass-catcher, Fournette is someone I’m warming to lately. It certainly helps his out-of-division schedule includes the Giants, Jets, Cowboys, Bills, Redskins and Dolphins.
this is kind of a big deal

The only thing holding Fournette back is his awful QB. So he doesn't have the upside of the top 4 RB but he's right there afterwards. I wouldn't fault anybody for taking Kamara ahead of him but I'll take Fournette. Cheers!
Hackett, the OC is pretty awful too. In weeks 11, 12, 13, 15 and 17 last year JAC blew second half leads by running 100% of the time in any formation that didn't include three receivers. That kind of play calling predictability is egregious and gives way to inefficient ground games, Hackett sucks. Also the chronic ankle injury is something that needs to be weighed.

Hackett, the OC is pretty awful too. In weeks 11, 12, 13, 15 and 17 last year JAC blew second half leads by running 100% of the time in any formation that didn't include three receivers. That kind of play calling predictability is egregious and gives way to inefficient ground games, Hackett sucks. Also the chronic ankle injury is something that needs to be weighed.
Meh Fournette is an elite RB if I'm drafting 5th I'm taking him. I don't disagree with you but he's special. I can see flashes of it despite the terrible play calling and QB play. 

I got bold and traded a lot to get him yesterday .... I think his rookie numbers show how good he can be, and he missed 3 games ..... 16 games, add a few more catches ... he's a top 5 RB

Gordon or Fournette?

I see Bloom has Gordon at #8 overall and Fournette at #9 overall. Pick your winner.

Fournette just has the feel of a potential #1 overall to lead all RB's in rushing. TD's will also be there.

Ohhh, Bloom has Barkley at #17 overall... is that still the case, now?

Gordon or Fournette?

I see Bloom has Gordon at #8 overall and Fournette at #9 overall. Pick your winner.

Fournette just has the feel of a potential #1 overall to lead all RB's in rushing. TD's will also be there.

Ohhh, Bloom has Barkley at #17 overall... is that still the case, now?
Yeah I have noticed on dominator barkley is a second round pick

Leonard Fournette rushed 10 times for 57 yards and a touchdown while adding 18 yards on three catches in the Jaguars' third preseason game.

Fournette looked great on Saturday night, and his touchdown run was an outstanding play in which he put on the breaks, found the cutback, and took it to the house from 21 yards out. Healthy and leaner than he was last season, Fournette could match his guaranteed volume with more explosive plays as a sophomore. He is a good pick at the end of the first round.

Aug 25 - 9:15 PM

I have a few shares of fournette from keeper leagues and with a favorable schedule I’m hoping for a solid year. Doesn’t have to break records, just stay healthy and grind out games.

Like that he is being us d in the passing game. The volume he got is also promising.  But I do worry that even with the weight loss the Jags are going to beat the #### out of him leading to declining efficiency as the season progressed and/or more missed games with dings.

Count me in as well, I like him to be up there with the very top RBs and will take him without hesitation if I’m drafting second half of the first round. 

Really?  Do tell?  I pick at 7 in a few hours and didn't even have Fournette on my short list.
Ill take that STUD rb on the likely SB team, with the elite defense, all day. 

likelier to run than SD is. And Leo gonna be a bigger part of the passing game this year, I can feel it

Really?  Do tell?  I pick at 7 in a few hours and didn't even have Fournette on my short list.
I don't think the Jags Oline is getting mentioned as much as it should be in this conversation. PFF had them at 15 last year and they added an all-pro in Andrew Norwell this offseason. 

Leonard Fournette is questionable to return to Week 1 against the Giants with a hamstring injury.

Fournette was holding his hamstring as he walked off the field at the end of a second-quarter drive. He went into the injury tent after coming off the field, and he headed into the locker room after getting stretched on the sideline. T.J. Yeldon and Corey Grant will split snaps if Fournette cannot return. Fournette had nine carries for 41 yards and three catches for 14 yards before exiting.

Sep 9 - 1:55 PM

Leonard Fournette (hamstring) has been ruled out of Week 1 against the Giants.

There was a report coming out of halftime Fournette would give it a go in the second half, but he was never seen. He was officially ruled out at the end of the third quarter. T.J. Yeldon has worked as the lead back with Fournette out.

Sep 9 - 3:18 PM

Bump for any homer insider news? Footballguys are saying that hamstrings keep out a player for at least another week. I wonder what grade of a strain it is?

Invested heavily in Fournette over Gordon. Damn it, Jim.

Bump for any homer insider news? Footballguys are saying that hamstrings keep out a player for at least another week. I wonder what grade of a strain it is?

Invested heavily in Fournette over Gordon. Damn it, Jim.
It’s Monday. Likely no further info will be available today regardless if someone lives in Jacksonville or not. 

Also, football guys is guessing about the injury. Players who have to leave a game with a soft tissue injury like that often miss (at least) another game but no one knows for sure specifically about Fournette here. 

We all have to wait and see. 

Users who are viewing this thread