What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (2 Viewers)

sjdogs said:
He is a complete POS c sucker , I have never been emotional about a fantasy player before but this turd evokes the worst type of dislike
You need a new hobby. They brought him back too soon, and he reaggravated the injury. The same happened with Cook and somewhat with Mack. It happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
sjdogs said:
He is a complete POS c sucker , I have never been emotional about a fantasy player before but this turd evokes the worst type of dislike
As others have said, he is hurt. It happens because it's football. It sucks for fantasy but I am pretty sure he wishes he was playing too. 

Sorry guys but after this last pick up by the Jags (Hyde) he's lost significant value for me. The Jags don't believe in him anymore. Why should we? I'm selling.......I'm not giving him away but I'm dumping him where I can. 

Sorry guys but after this last pick up by the Jags (Hyde) he's lost significant value for me. The Jags don't believe in him anymore. Why should we? I'm selling.......I'm not giving him away but I'm dumping him where I can. 
I would wait just a touch longer. If he comes back at any point this year and has a big game, that is the time to sell. 

I would wait just a touch longer. If he comes back at any point this year and has a big game, that is the time to sell. 
That's fine but my point still stands. He's glass and done as a 3 down back. Dump him where you can for the most value but he's not a "hold" anymore. 

That's fine but my point still stands. He's glass and done as a 3 down back. Dump him where you can for the most value but he's not a "hold" anymore. 
I agree. I don't like his longterm outlook as much as I expect his name value might indicate. I think there are still hardcore believers and 1 good game could really get them excited again. 

What if Hyde is just next year’s backup (Yeldon will be gone) that they acquired on the cheap now? 
Because Hyde is a different RB than Yeldon. It'll be more of a split with Fournette and the Jags will likely bring in a different 3rd down back or resign Yeldon. 

A whole lot of irrational overreaction in here.  Sheesh.
Sometimes it's not overreacting. Have you even considered that the Hyde signing could be bad for Fournette or are you in complete denial because Fournette was a top 10 pick. 

He really let the team down this year. They had big plans for him and he can't get on the field at all really. They have basically come out and said they won't make that mistake again. 

Hyde is being paid like a top 10 RB. you're crazy if you think a team is just going to put him on the bench. If the Jaguars keep him for 2019, he is sharing carries with fournette. There is a greater chance they cut him completely than there is of them letting him rot on the sidelines

Sometimes it's not overreacting. Have you even considered that the Hyde signing could be bad for Fournette or are you in complete denial because Fournette was a top 10 pick. 

He really let the team down this year. They had big plans for him and he can't get on the field at all really. They have basically come out and said they won't make that mistake again. 
See my original post.

Bortles is more productive of a runner than Hyde today so far.

I don’t expect Hyde to be this poor of a runner, PHI has a tough run D. But hope this does throw a dose of reality to those espousing Hyde as the back that will relegate Fournette to being useless or to a pure time share.

Hyde will likely siphon a few carries to keep Fournette fresh when he’s back. I hope that’s the case, actually.

But I think this game is indicative of why Hyde was signed - a gap filler until Fournette is back.

Hyperbole in this thread has been off the charts.

Last edited by a moderator:
no but it means Fournette's role has been reduced. 

Not sure where you're getting this from, sorry. The price they paid for insurance for Fournette was cheap since they're in a window, and they can get out of that Hyde contract whenever going forward.

Not sure where you're getting this from, sorry. The price they paid for insurance for Fournette was cheap since they're in a window, and they can get out of that Hyde contract whenever going forward.
6 for 11 is obviously gonna buy him a significant share of the work if/when Fournette comes back.

Hyde's talent is where I'm getting from. 
Hyde is definitely above replacement level, he's not some scrub. I guess I just dont' think he's nearly as good as you do. And I don't think his contract means what a lot of people on your side of the argument think it means, nor do I think a 5th round pick was a lot to give for the role I think Hyde will have in the window the Jags clearly believe they're in. 

When Fournette is healthy, he's going to continue to be the workhorse imo, with Yeldon playing some passing situations and Hyde spelling. 

When Fournette is healthy, he's going to continue to be the workhorse imo, with Yeldon playing some passing situations and Hyde spelling. 
This is where I think we disagree. I think it will be more of a 70/30 split...…..and that split could possibly happen next year as well...….

Depends on where you think Fournette will be after the bye...

If you're an optimist like me, then Fournette returns fully healthy in Week 10,  and we're likely to see: 

Fournette - Bell Cow / Hyde - Handcuff

Yeldon - COP, who they are very confident in, in that role.

In that scenario, Yeldon will likely see more work than Hyde, IMHO, as I don't think the Jags are going to blow anyone out, and a healthy Fournette will cede carries to no one, but won't see every snap. If you're in that camp, you pick up Yeldon on the cheap, because even in a supporting role, Yeldon can at least be an arrow in your flex quiver.

Alright Fournette bros, the time is here, supposedly this bust will be back this week. If you’re still competitive, you had to do something else that paid dividends, James Conner was my Fournette replacement (dreading the day I read Bell has signed). I took Fournette with the 8th pick in my draft, I might as well have punted my first pick. 

Ok, done ranting (for now), how we feeling about this guy for the balance of the year? Even when he plays, I'm nervous I’ll see a 1st quarter stat line and then no more stats until I read about an injury. Tbh, I hope he has a huge game when he gets back, I think I’d try to sell high... 

Hyde makes me nervous.  Fournette is WAY more talented, but I could see the Jags trying to either make a point or hedge their bets.  I don't know, the whole thing has me worried that he is not going to get the touches he needs.

I'd look at Fournette as a RB2, who we will all think should get more, but won't because the other RB's are capable. Kinda on the level of a Kerryon Johnson. I'd have him around RB20 going forward. 

Don't Noonan said:
Potential league winner if healthy
I just don't see it as I did when I drafted. 

Their offense is a joke, defense is crumbling, and this guy can't carry the ball 8 times without winding up in the tent. 

I'm dying for a big game against Indy and hoping someone bites afterwards. 

Don't Noonan said:
Potential league winner if healthy
Ya I don't think this statement is appropriate here.  This is usually a free agent or surprise player that was had late that can help you win a league.  You don't call a first round pick a 'league winner".  If anything, he's knocked owners to poor records so far.

I'm trying to engineer a trade to move him now that he is healthy. Like to get rid of him before he even plays, and now that he is healthy, I think this is my small window to try and dump him elsewhere. 

I have Doyle, who I like a lot and Jimmy Graham - fingers crossed I can move Graham and Fournette for a TE needy owner for Joe Mixon. Prob wishful thinking, but I'll find out. 

Ya I don't think this statement is appropriate here.  This is usually a free agent or surprise player that was had late that can help you win a league.  You don't call a first round pick a 'league winner".  If anything, he's knocked owners to poor records so far.
Check out some of whiny negative the comments here - you can get him in a trade for much less than what a normal 1st round pick normally goes for.

Check out some of whiny negative the comments here - you can get him in a trade for much less than what a normal 1st round pick normally goes for.
Whiny negative comments? He was a first rounder, played in 2 games (where I'm sure 100% of us started him) and he produced 8.5 and 4.5 points (against the Giants and Jets no less)... 

I believe some of us have a legitimate gripe here :shrug:

Oh, and the Jags are in complete collapse mode right now, so I expect after the next tweak, he packs it up for the season. 

I wouldn't be so sure about that. When he's healthy, he's a rock-solid RB1. (Yes, I know, when healthy)

Then again, I'm still a true believer.
Really?  He wasn't solid in the games he played this year.  And hasn't had a game over 17 points in standard since Week 5 of LAST year.  I wouldn't call that RB1 numbers.

I had  high hopes for him too but have adjusted.   His lingering injury, the plethora of other rbs on the team, the offense being inept and not high scoring, etc all contribute to him not being a "rock solid RB1" when healthy.  And none of those things have to do with his risk of being hurt again.

Whiny negative comments? He was a first rounder, played in 2 games (where I'm sure 100% of us started him) and he produced 8.5 and 4.5 points (against the Giants and Jets no less)... 

I believe some of us have a legitimate gripe here :shrug:

Oh, and the Jags are in complete collapse mode right now, so I expect after the next tweak, he packs it up for the season. 
Yeah, it does seem like he has a hard time putting up points when he's injured.

Can't argue with you there.

Is Gronk also a bad player because he gets injured all the time? AJ Green?

Injuries happen, it's part of the game. Doesn't make him less talented when healthy.

Yeah, it does seem like he has a hard time putting up points when he's injured.

Can't argue with you there.

Is Gronk also a bad player because he gets injured all the time? AJ Green?

Injuries happen, it's part of the game. Doesn't make him less talented when healthy.
This isn't just a knock on him.  Part of what we were buying with this guy was his situation.  Being the unquestioned bell-cow back in a high scoring offense.  Neither of those things seem likely once he returns.

I'm trying to engineer a trade to move him now that he is healthy. Like to get rid of him before he even plays, and now that he is healthy, I think this is my small window to try and dump him elsewhere. 

I have Doyle, who I like a lot and Jimmy Graham - fingers crossed I can move Graham and Fournette for a TE needy owner for Joe Mixon. Prob wishful thinking, but I'll find out. 
I was turned down on this. If anyone is looking for a reference point, after the Lev Bell tweet, the Bell owner offered me Bell for Fournette/Graham (I own Conner).

Giving it thought. 

This isn't just a knock on him.  Part of what we were buying with this guy was his situation.  Being the unquestioned bell-cow back in a high scoring offense.  Neither of those things seem likely once he returns.
You thought the Jags were going to be a high scoring offense?

The Blake Borltes-led Jacksonville Jaguars?

Either way, we all have our opinions for various reasons. We'll see what happens.

This isn't just a knock on him.  Part of what we were buying with this guy was his situation.  Being the unquestioned bell-cow back in an adequate high scoring offense.  Neither of those things seem likely once he returns.
Slight change, this is what I bought. 

Now I own (with the 8th pick in my draft) a guy splitting time with 2 others, in a bad offense, on a team that is collapsing, that can't stay on the field. 

Hard to be optimistic about him at all.

You thought the Jags were going to be a high scoring offense?

The Blake Borltes-led Jacksonville Jaguars?

Either way, we all have our opinions for various reasons. We'll see what happens.
Being that I'm not going to be able to get much back for him on a 1 to 1 basis for now, I'll just hope you're right. 

Slight change, this is what I bought. 

Now I own (with the 8th pick in my draft) a guy splitting time with 2 others, in a bad offense, on a team that is collapsing, that can't stay on the field. 

Hard to be optimistic about him at all.
How were they adequate?  Did you think their offense got a lot worse from #5 in the nfl last year?

How were they adequate?  Did you think their offense got a lot worse from #5 in the nfl last year?
I bought into the thought that this team this year would win with ball control and a stout defense - my thoughts were that the offensive points might not be very plentiful, but Fournette would be the biggest beneficiary of a run/grind/time of possession/defensive scheme. To me, that was the blatantly obvious game plan for the 2018 Jags. Everything I thought has been wildly wrong about this team. Maybe now that I've completely thrown in the towel, I'll be pleasantly surprised. 

I bought into the thought that this team this year would win with ball control and a stout defense - my thoughts were that the offensive points might not be very plentiful, but Fournette would be the biggest beneficiary of a run/grind/time of possession/defensive scheme. To me, that was the blatantly obvious game plan for the 2018 Jags. Everything I thought has been wildly wrong about this team. Maybe now that I've completely thrown in the towel, I'll be pleasantly surprised. 
It's a big illusion that the Jags offense isn't high scoring.  Just because they relied on the run game and have a great D (last year), doesn't mean that.  Again, they put up the 5th most points per game in the NFL last year.  This year they're 29th.

This doesn't have as much to do with Fournette as it does his situation.  I thought he'd be a lock for 20 carries a game in at the LEAST, a top 10 offense.  Their offense is awful and they have 2 other arguably capable RB's on the roster.  This seems like a 15 carry a week on a bottom 10 offense type situation once he returns, even if he plays well.  Why anyone is expecting RB1 numbers is beyond me.  I'm just hoping for a solid flex or decent Rb2 once he's back.

Users who are viewing this thread