What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (8 Viewers)

Guy in my league started his draft CEH, Fournette. I'm sure his head would explode.
Honestly Fournette wouldn’t be sending CEH to the bench but it would be enough to irritate both  owners and torpedo the value of both. They each may be RB2s but that’s not what they were drafted to be 2 days ago

Yeah i have no idea how true the rumor is I just envision all the space Mahomes/Reek/Kelce would create for Fournette (and his 10 carries/gm) plus all the GL carries. He could certainly do worse. 

So maybe he's a RB2 there with TD upside. 
I think the Chiefs would be the best place for Fournette this year, he can backup CEH, getting 10 to 15 touches a game, and maybe next year he gets a starting RB job somewhere.  But if he doesn’t play at all this year, sits out totally, can’t see a NFL team giving him anything other than a minimum contract next year at best.

Fournette and his bad attitude would be a risky bet for KC. He is a good fit on the field though. Football Team wants to change the culture, so they’re probably out 

Guy in my league started his draft CEH, Fournette. I'm sure his head would explode.
This is me. I fortunately have Cook also, but man this would be a tough start to my season. I guess I would try to move one of them. It’s a keeper league, so I’d see what CEH could fetch. Cool story bruh. 

This is me. I fortunately have Cook also, but man this would be a tough start to my season. I guess I would try to move one of them. It’s a keeper league, so I’d see what CEH could fetch. Cool story bruh. 
Cook may make the start of your season even tougher if you’re unlucky, isn’t he essentially holding out as well? Or expected to try?

Cook may make the start of your season even tougher if you’re unlucky, isn’t he essentially holding out as well? Or expected to try?
Everything I’ve read says he’s ready to go, so hopefully not. I had to deal with Zeke last year too. I may try zero RB going forward :lol:  

https://twitter.com/MattVerderame/status/1300900974098227200?s=19

"My understanding is the Chiefs have potential interest in Leonard Fournette now that he's cleared waivers. The money would need to be right as he'd be backing up Clyde Edwards-Helaire, who has impressed considerably in training camp."
This report sounds like someone in the chiefs building said "hey take a look at this guy cause he's a fa now" and someone took that to mean they had actual interest.

What’s his value as it stands right now in dynasty I wonder ? I’m one starting RB short of  seriously gunning for the title in my league. Have tried making moves for the likes of Chubb and Kamara recently to no success. Wondering if sending something like a 2021 2nd rounder might get the job done with so much uncertainty around him. Possible chance it can pay off if  he ends up somewhere like Chicago 
I traded away Fournette in my 12 team PPR dynasty league for Gibson, Ravens kicker, and $15 BBIDs. But I might be an idiot. ;)  

I traded away Fournette in my 12 team PPR dynasty league for Gibson, Ravens kicker, and $15 BBIDs. But I might be an idiot. ;)  
I believe that if you can get a bag of punctured balls for him you've made a great trade in dynasty.  Don't understand why anyone would offer a 2nd.

They have Murray for that role.  Why would the Saints want Fournette to replace Kamara?  That doesn't make sense to me.
I agree. If Kamara were to leave I think Davonta Freeman would be a better fit for the Saints if they wanted to go the FA route.

on paper I would say Wash is the ticket, but all the bad PR their getting... then bring in a bad egg like LF.  IDK

But I hope he gets signed soon, I keep seeing the volume thing brought up, but he was a crap team since draft day, I mean look at his starting QBs... he was always going to be one of the best options to move the chains; the fact he has a 4.0 YPC in Jax is just fine to me.

on paper I would say Wash is the ticket, but all the bad PR their getting... then bring in a bad egg like LF.  IDK

But I hope he gets signed soon, I keep seeing the volume thing brought up, but he was a crap team since draft day, I mean look at his starting QBs... he was always going to be one of the best options to move the chains; the fact he has a 4.0 YPC in Jax is just fine to me.
I agree. Loaded boxes all year. If he signs with Chicago it will be more of the same though unfortunately. 

Edgar said:
Fournette and his bad attitude would be a risky bet for KC. He is a good fit on the field though. Football Team wants to change the culture, so they’re probably out 
0 risk.

The team cud cut him easy enough. The team is filled with Vets and champs and he would behave or be gone.

Ron is running the show now. I don't see him putting up with any player with a known bad attitude. 

One dimensional backs that only fit a power running game and demand volume are a tough fit on September 1. 
He did have quite a bit of receptions last year. Think if the offense was better he might have been better with those catches. 

I’d be very shocked if he isn’t on a team in the next couple of days.    Not sure who to believe about his “bad” attitude.  He just seemed like a very competitive player to me and here is an article that kinda says the same thing.  

Fournette is Misunderstood According To Him
I don't think he's going to play 2nd string. He has a ton of money. He doesn't need to play for the league minimum. He can wait for a team to lose their RB1 or wait for the offseason. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like someone hasn't watched much of Fournette. He's an excellent receiver and blocker.
He caught a lot of dump offs, I would not say he is an excellent receiver despite all the catches. I know that’s counter-intuitive, but he’s extremely inefficient after the catch for someone with that kind of receiving volume. I wouldn’t say it’s a strength of his other than being nice in PPR because any catch is a free point.

He caught a lot of dump offs, I would not say he is an excellent receiver despite all the catches. I know that’s counter-intuitive, but he’s extremely inefficient after the catch for someone with that kind of receiving volume. I wouldn’t say it’s a strength of his other than being nice in PPR because any catch is a free point.
I'm not talking about just this past season, but ever since his rookie year Fournette has shown great hands and solid route running, back when he used to run seam and wheel routes and used to be even lined up out wide.

I can’t recall a single time LF saw a target on a seam/wheel route. I don’t think he has that skillset.
He ran both those routes in college, go back and watch his Auburn tape and you’ll see him lineup as wr and run wheels. I think JAX had a very vanilla offense due to always changing qbs and OCs

Pats are reportedly out on Fournette. I imagine both sides talked and he wants more money then the pats want to pay. Not a good spot for Lenny owners here. As more time passes the likelihood of him playing and helping your FF team drops. 

even if he waits till after the opener; with no pre-season and COVID I fully expect week 1 and 2 to have dozens of injuries and outbreaks... he'll be playing this year

I wouldn't think 4M would break the bank of a team to just see what they have in LF and how he fits their team for one season.  Just sign him for one year only as insurance to what you already have and a visual of how he might be for their team.  I've certainly seen worse contracts to stay away from.

ETA:  LF is certainly better than ADP at this stage of his career.

He ran both those routes in college, go back and watch his Auburn tape and you’ll see him lineup as wr and run wheels. I think JAX had a very vanilla offense due to always changing qbs and OCs
I’d guess his pro OCs have a better grasp on his skillset and to my knowledge he wasn’t used like that on the Jags. They used TJ Yeldon as the receiving back when they were there together. If I’m wrong about him having noticeable usage running and being targeted on seam routes and deep wheel routes than I’ll happily stand corrected but like I said I don’t think he has done that in the pros. He’s a fairly limited route runner IMO.

I wouldn't think 4M would break the bank of a team to just see what they have in LF and how he fits their team for one season.  Just sign him for one year only as insurance to what you already have and a visual of how he might be for their team.  I've certainly seen worse contracts to stay away from.
The report came out that the Jax players were sick of him.  Earl Thomas is having trouble finding a job too, and he is a lot better. 

Users who are viewing this thread