What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest is LIVE (1 Viewer)

OK, I dusted off the old live scoring site and loaded in the new rosters. When you get a chance please take a look and let me know if anything looks funny - I haven't had time this year to thoroughly review all the code I wrote last year, I think I updated everything I needed to but I wouldn't be surprised at all if I've forgotten something. (Also, check your team and make sure your roster is correct - I copied them straight from the source but it would be good to make sure.)

Also make sure you create a profile (or login if you still have one from last year) and link your team(s) to your profile for easy tracking during the season.

http://o.ffense.com/fbg35k/index.php
Thanks for doing this. I am just completing a program in urban analytics and know the work that must of went into this. Anyway to tip you since this could easily be a fbg product they use?Edit- found the donate spot

Last edited by a moderator:
QB Tom Brady NE $14

QB Sam Bradford PHI $13

QB Tyrod Taylor BUF $5

Like others, I like the value of Brady and Bradford. Bradford is an injury risk, but you have to swing for the fences in some areas. Taylor could be a wildcard, and I think he actually holds onto the QB position for most of the season. Worth the $5, even though he shares the same bye week as Bradford. I could have spent the $5 on an extra kicker or Def/ST, or a WR like Wheaton, but I like having the extra QB.

RB Lamar Miller MIA $24

RB Mark Ingram NO $20

RB Chris Ivory NYJ $15

RB Danny Woodhead SD $12

RB Christine Michael SEA $3

I'm a believer in Miller this year, and his early bye week makes him more attractive. I like the value that Ingram and Ivory represent. Woodhead is just a PPR play, that will probably come in handy during bye weeks, based on the fact that I don't believe Gordon will be the third down back anytime this year. Michael is just a scratch-off lottery ticket that might provide significant return for so little invested.

WR Julio Jones ATL $26 0.00

WR Jordan Matthews PHI $21 0.00

WR Brandin Cooks NO $21 0.00

WR Jeremy Maclin KC $16 0.00

WR Eddie Royal CHI $4 0.00

WR Tyler Lockett SEA $3 0.00

One stud. Two that could be studs (big believer in Bradford-to-Matthews this season, and Cooks will eat up the targets, if not the TDs). I like Maclin's price point, and Royal could be valuable for the reasons already stated. Lockett is another lottery ticket that could pay off in a best ball league like this.

TE Rob Gronkowski NE $33 34.90

TE Tyler Eifert CIN $9 0.00

I always had Gronk on this team. I'm one of the people buying into the Eifert hype. I could have spent a little less on WR to upgrade more on TE, but I don't like Bennett this year, didn't see the benefit of any of the other midrange guys, and I wasn't going to pony up for Olsen or Kelce (although I know others feel like that's the thing to do with 1.5 PPR).

PK Josh Scobee JAX $2 8.40

PK Sebastian Janikowski OAK $2 0.00

DST Pittsburgh Steelers PIT $4 2.00

DST San Diego Chargers SD $3

I've never had any luck picking kickers or Def/ST in this contest, and I've always had at least 3 of each, but having that extra kicker/DEF has NEVER helped me make a cutoff, so I spent the dollars elsewhere. I'm fine with taking on that risk.

QB Tom Brady NE $14

QB Sam Bradford PHI $13

QB Tyrod Taylor BUF $5

Like others, I like the value of Brady and Bradford. Bradford is an injury risk, but you have to swing for the fences in some areas. Taylor could be a wildcard, and I think he actually holds onto the QB position for most of the season. Worth the $5, even though he shares the same bye week as Bradford. I could have spent the $5 on an extra kicker or Def/ST, or a WR like Wheaton, but I like having the extra QB.

RB Lamar Miller MIA $24

RB Mark Ingram NO $20

RB Chris Ivory NYJ $15

RB Danny Woodhead SD $12

I'm a believer in Miller this year, and his early bye week makes him more attractive. I like the value that Ingram and Ivory represent. Woodhead is just a PPR play, that will probably come in handy during bye weeks, based on the fact that I don't believe Gordon will be the third down back anytime this year. Michael is just a scratch-off lottery ticket that might provide significant return for so little invested.

One stud. Two that could be studs (big believer in Bradford-to-Matthews this season, and Cooks will eat up the targets, if not the TDs). I like Maclin's price point, and Royal could be valuable for the reasons already stated. Lockett is another lottery ticket that could pay off in a best ball league like this.

I always had Gronk on this team. I'm one of the people buying into the Eifert hype. I could have spent a little less on WR to upgrade more on TE, but I don't like Bennett this year, didn't see the benefit of any of the other midrange guys, and I wasn't going to pony up for Olsen or Kelce (although I know others feel like that's the thing to do with 1.5 PPR).

I've never had any luck picking kickers or Def/ST in this contest, and I've always had at least 3 of each, but having that extra kicker/DEF has NEVER helped me make a cutoff, so I spent the dollars elsewhere. I'm fine with taking on that risk.
I really like your team, I would have changed just a couple of minor things. I would have went no 3rd quarterback. Brady has an early bye week. I would have got rid of Maclin and went with Adams. I would have taken Cleveland or Tampa defense over Pittsburgh. I would take the left over 12 dollars and spent 5 on Rodgers at tight end, and spent the last 7 on another defense and kicker. I really do like your team though.

QB Tom Brady NE $14

QB Sam Bradford PHI $13

QB Tyrod Taylor BUF $5

RB Lamar Miller MIA $24

RB Mark Ingram NO $20

RB Chris Ivory NYJ $15

RB Danny Woodhead SD $12

I really like your team, I would have changed just a couple of minor things. I would have went no 3rd quarterback. Brady has an early bye week. I would have got rid of Maclin and went with Adams. I would have taken Cleveland or Tampa defense over Pittsburgh. I would take the left over 12 dollars and spent 5 on Rodgers at tight end, and spent the last 7 on another defense and kicker. I really do like your team though.
Agree with all of this.

Miller was on most of my teams and I'll probably regret not keeping him.

Everyone on this team except Maclin was on many of my iterations. For hous price I'd rather have Landry, but have always liked maclin

QB Tom Brady NE $14

QB Sam Bradford PHI $13

QB Tyrod Taylor BUF $5

RB Lamar Miller MIA $24

RB Mark Ingram NO $20

RB Chris Ivory NYJ $15

RB Danny Woodhead SD $12

Thanks. I took out Adams after they signed James Jones. I didn't feel the value was quite as good after that move. Obviously many others left him in. I know I might never use Taylor, but if Bradford goes down, I like him as a hedge over Sanchez, and I feel there will be weeks NE decides to run instead of pass.

QB Tom Brady NE $14

QB Sam Bradford PHI $13

QB Tyrod Taylor BUF $5

RB Lamar Miller MIA $24

RB Mark Ingram NO $20

RB Chris Ivory NYJ $15

RB Danny Woodhead SD $12

Agree with all of this.

Everyone on this team except Maclin was on many of my iterations. For hous price I'd rather have Landry, but have always liked maclin
This might elicit some laughs, given their documented struggles in the red zone, but I believe Maclin will score more TDs than Landry,thus justifying the price IMO.

I don't think it is that funny. I know what happened last year with the Chiefs receivers, but I seriously would bet everything I own to win like 50k that the Chiefs receivers catch at least 1 touchdown this year and would take the bet even money that they catch over 6.5 this year.

QB Tom Brady NE $14

QB Sam Bradford PHI $13

QB Tyrod Taylor BUF $5

RB Lamar Miller MIA $24

RB Mark Ingram NO $20

RB Chris Ivory NYJ $15

RB Danny Woodhead SD $12

Agree with all of this.

This might elicit some laughs, given their documented struggles in the red zone, but I believe Maclin will score more TDs than Landry,thus justifying the price IMO.
I exchanged Landry for Maclin for this exact reason, TD upside

I figured ben (or brees or ryan or stafford or ...) was a safer play than bradford plus tyrod or ... Theres a chance that bradford outperforms those guys but it seems slim. We'll see...

Marcus Mariota $7

Blake Bortles $7

Derek Carr $7

Given the QBs I went with I felt 3 was best. But between these three I expect a decent QB score every week. For $21 total expenditure it allowed me much flexibility elsewhere

Jonathan Stewart $18

Chris Ivory $15

Tevin Coleman $14

Doug Martin $12

Duke Johnson $12

Cameron Artis-Payne $4

Personally see a lot of upside value in these mid-range backs. Granted it's a bunch of RB2/RB3 types but between the bunch there's no reason I shouldn't get quality scores from two of them each week. I went this way so I could go WR heavy

Julio Jones $26

Jordan Matthews $21

Amari Cooper $19

Allen Robinson $17

Brian Quick $9

Davante Adams $9

Dorian Green-Beckham $7

Eddie Royal $4

Tyler Lockett $3

Chris Conley $3

I'm really going all in on WR. Julio is a no brainer in this contest and Matthews has top 10 upside this year. Robinson is primed for double digit TDs. Adams is the WR2 on arguably the most explosive offense in the league and the rookies will each have a handful of big games. I've also aligned each of my QBs with their best scoring options to take advantage.

Tyler Eifert $9

Eric Ebron $7

Richard Rogers $5

I have Eifert as a top 5 TE this season. Ebron and Richards are both on high powered offenses and primed for year two jumps that should equal the occasional 7/70/1 kind of game.

Janikowski $2

Hartley $2 (this was an oops, obviously)

Scobee $2 (could come back to haunt me after the opener)

Oakland $3

New Orleans $3

Atlanta $3

QB Tom Brady NE $14

QB Sam Bradford PHI $13

QB Tyrod Taylor BUF $5

RB Lamar Miller MIA $24

RB Mark Ingram NO $20

RB Chris Ivory NYJ $15

RB Danny Woodhead SD $12

Agree with all of this.Miller was on most of my teams and I'll probably regret not keeping him.

I exchanged Landry for Maclin for this exact reason, TD upside
It's a reasonable call. I think they're pretty equal talent wise but all things equal I'll take the comparable wr with the rising qb.

OK, I dusted off the old live scoring site and loaded in the new rosters. When you get a chance please take a look and let me know if anything looks funny - I haven't had time this year to thoroughly review all the code I wrote last year, I think I updated everything I needed to but I wouldn't be surprised at all if I've forgotten something. (Also, check your team and make sure your roster is correct - I copied them straight from the source but it would be good to make sure.)

Also make sure you create a profile (or login if you still have one from last year) and link your team(s) to your profile for easy tracking during the season.

Iggy ---

Thanks for doing this! I sent a donation as this is one of the best tools all season. Dodds and company, you gotta invest in Iggy for this!

Iggy ---

Thanks for doing this! I sent a donation as this is one of the best tools all season. Dodds and company, you gotta invest in Iggy for this!
This. Make Iggy a staffer and incorporate his scoring site into the "official" contest. It seriously increases the enjoyment of the contest a ton.

Iggy ---Thanks for doing this! I sent a donation as this is one of the best tools all season. Dodds and company, you gotta invest in Iggy for this!
This. Make Iggy a staffer and incorporate his scoring site into the "official" contest. It seriously increases the enjoyment of the contest a ton.
While I absolutely agree that he deserves it, would dodds and crew benefit from doing so?

Also make sure you create a profile (or login if you still have one from last year) and link your team(s) to your profile for easy tracking during the season.http://o.ffense.com/fbg35k/index.php
Iggy ---Thanks for doing this! I sent a donation as this is one of the best tools all season. Dodds and company, you gotta invest in Iggy for this!
I am 100% sure nobody here knows me. While I can count the number of my posts on my fingers, rest assured that I read every post on last year's thread and this one as well. Last year was my first time in the contest, and I consider myself one of the extremely fortunate ones who found this thread, and Iggy's site. I can't picture how boring the contest would be without either of them. What fun is it just randomly logging on to check your status, after the official totals, while having no idea how your team is faring? I am 100% honest when I would say that I would pay the $35 entry fee for this thread and Iggy's site alone. This thread is great, and Iggy's site is amazing.

I will be donating for sure. In fact, if I am lucky enough to cash (and it will be luck as I am not that good), I will donate 10% of my winnings to Iggy for his time and effort. You can hold me to it. He deserves it.

Thank you everyone for the thread and thank you Iggy for site.

Jason

[SIZE=medium]QB – 3 @ $27 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Tom Brady (4) $14 - 32.37%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Carson Palmer (9) $8 - 17.32%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Tyrod Taylor (8) $5 – 15.69%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I agree with the masses that Tom Brady’s cost and week four bye make him exceptional value. Had Brees as my top QB for a long time, but swapped him for Brady after the suspension was vacated, partially due to projections and also for the early bye week. Had Carson Palmer almost from the get-go as he is a guy that I think outperforms his projections. Really liked Taylor for the low cost of $5 and none of the three share a bye. Of course all three guys are highly owned.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]RB – 5 @ $85 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Justin Forsett (9) $25 – 13.90%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Lamar Miller (5) $24 – 17.29%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]C. J. Spiller (11) $21 – 2.35%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Doug Martin (6) $12 – 37.34%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Christine Michael (6) $3 – 19.95%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I typically go much lighter at running back and might could have saved some cash for better tight ends, but I really love the upside and reception potential of my top three running backs. Running backs also seem to get injured more often than other positions and I wanted depth here. I think that Justin Forsett will catch a lot of passes and produce similar to a year ago. I considered DeMarco Murray as my top running back and waffled between him and Forsett, but settled on Forsett in the end. I also love Lamar Miller this season and although he will probably not be targeted as often as Forsett, he also with catch a lot of passes. I love Spiller’s potential with the Saints and although his cost was a $1 more than Ingram and he begins the year missing time, I knew that he would be much lower owned (2.35%) and again he should catch lots of passes once he returns. I was not worried about the first couple of weeks when he might not play. I went with Doug Martin as my lower cost starter option. Considered Chris Ivory at this spot, but his bye week matched Miller’s. I added Christine Michael, a long shot who may or may not get his opportunity behind that solid Dallas offensive line.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR – 9 @ $91[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Julio Jones (10) $26 – 36.49%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Amari Cooper (6) $19 – 10.88%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Steve Smith (9) $14 – 6.09%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Davante Adams (7) $9 – 56.64%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Allen Hurns (8) $6 – 6.65%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Devin Funchess (5) $5 – 19.76%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Markus Wheaton (11) $5 – 32.05%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Eddie Royal (7) $4 – 36.37%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Tyler Lockett (9) $3 – 15.65%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I had Julio Jones in and out of my line-up, constantly switching him out for cheaper wide receivers, but left him in at the end as I think that he has a chance to be top three WR at a slightly reduced cost. Cooper was a late add, hopefully upgrading from Jeremy Maclin, who had a week nine bye week that was troubling to my squad. I also considered Larry Fitzgerald, but he also had the week nine bye. Steve Smith had the same week nine bye and he survived over the others. The bottom six wide receivers were guys that I felt capable of out-producing their cost and I wanted to have abundant depth at wide receiver. I have two week nine guys and two week seven guys, but mostly spread out the byes. By rostering nine WRs, I am hoping for flex scoring here. All of these guys seem to me to be good best ball players that will be hit and miss all through the season, but work well in the contest scoring.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]TE – 4 @ $29[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Charles Clay (8) $9 – 3.02%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Tyler Eifert (7) $9 – 24.27%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Owen Daniels (7) $8 – 18.41%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Scott Chandler (4) $3 – 4.70%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I absolutely believe in Gronkowski, but just shied away from his cost. I had Greg Olsen as my top tight end for the majority of the time, but I bumped him off late and went tight end by committee at the very last. This is probably my biggest regret as I suspect there is a chance that Olsen will outscore all of my guys. I also was able to spend more at running back by going cheap at tight end, so hopefully I can make up a little ground there.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]PK – 3 @ $7 Went cheap at PK, but wanted three and spent $3 on Gano (5) 6.36% along with $2 each for Janikowski (6) 31.33% and Scobee (11) 36.77%. I thought that the extra $1 for Gano would provide differentiation.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]DST – 3 @ $11 – At Defense, I went with Tampa Bay 5.09% (6) $4, Jacksonville 9.47% (8) $4 and San Diego 8.47% (10) $3.[/SIZE]

FUBAR said:
Tennessee_ATO said:
Saint said:
Ignoratio Elenchi said:

While I absolutely agree that he deserves it, would dodds and crew benefit from doing so?
Sure. The contest is just a "perk" and good PR for the site anyway. Folding Iggy's work into it would just increas the value of the "perk" and PR.

Stephen Holloway said:
[SIZE=medium]QB – 3 @ $27 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Tom Brady (4) $14 - 32.37%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Carson Palmer (9) $8 - 17.32%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Tyrod Taylor (8) $5 – 15.69%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I agree with the masses that Tom Brady’s cost and week four bye make him exceptional value. Had Brees as my top QB for a long time, but swapped him for Brady after the suspension was vacated, partially due to projections and also for the early bye week. Had Carson Palmer almost from the get-go as he is a guy that I think outperforms his projections. Really liked Taylor for the low cost of $5 and none of the three share a bye. Of course all three guys are highly owned.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]RB – 5 @ $85 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Justin Forsett (9) $25 – 13.90%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Lamar Miller (5) $24 – 17.29%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]C. J. Spiller (11) $21 – 2.35%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Doug Martin (6) $12 – 37.34%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Christine Michael (6) $3 – 19.95%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I typically go much lighter at running back and might could have saved some cash for better tight ends, but I really love the upside and reception potential of my top three running backs. Running backs also seem to get injured more often than other positions and I wanted depth here. I think that Justin Forsett will catch a lot of passes and produce similar to a year ago. I considered DeMarco Murray as my top running back and waffled between him and Forsett, but settled on Forsett in the end. I also love Lamar Miller this season and although he will probably not be targeted as often as Forsett, he also with catch a lot of passes. I love Spiller’s potential with the Saints and although his cost was a $1 more than Ingram and he begins the year missing time, I knew that he would be much lower owned (2.35%) and again he should catch lots of passes once he returns. I was not worried about the first couple of weeks when he might not play. I went with Doug Martin as my lower cost starter option. Considered Chris Ivory at this spot, but his bye week matched Miller’s. I added Christine Michael, a long shot who may or may not get his opportunity behind that solid Dallas offensive line.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR – 9 @ $91[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Julio Jones (10) $26 – 36.49%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Amari Cooper (6) $19 – 10.88%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Steve Smith (9) $14 – 6.09%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Davante Adams (7) $9 – 56.64%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Allen Hurns (8) $6 – 6.65%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Devin Funchess (5) $5 – 19.76%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Markus Wheaton (11) $5 – 32.05%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Eddie Royal (7) $4 – 36.37%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Tyler Lockett (9) $3 – 15.65%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I had Julio Jones in and out of my line-up, constantly switching him out for cheaper wide receivers, but left him in at the end as I think that he has a chance to be top three WR at a slightly reduced cost. Cooper was a late add, hopefully upgrading from Jeremy Maclin, who had a week nine bye week that was troubling to my squad. I also considered Larry Fitzgerald, but he also had the week nine bye. Steve Smith had the same week nine bye and he survived over the others. The bottom six wide receivers were guys that I felt capable of out-producing their cost and I wanted to have abundant depth at wide receiver. I have two week nine guys and two week seven guys, but mostly spread out the byes. By rostering nine WRs, I am hoping for flex scoring here. All of these guys seem to me to be good best ball players that will be hit and miss all through the season, but work well in the contest scoring.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]TE – 4 @ $29[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Charles Clay (8) $9 – 3.02%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Tyler Eifert (7) $9 – 24.27%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Owen Daniels (7) $8 – 18.41%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Scott Chandler (4) $3 – 4.70%[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I absolutely believe in Gronkowski, but just shied away from his cost. I had Greg Olsen as my top tight end for the majority of the time, but I bumped him off late and went tight end by committee at the very last. This is probably my biggest regret as I suspect there is a chance that Olsen will outscore all of my guys. I also was able to spend more at running back by going cheap at tight end, so hopefully I can make up a little ground there.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]PK – 3 @ $7 Went cheap at PK, but wanted three and spent $3 on Gano (5) 6.36% along with $2 each for Janikowski (6) 31.33% and Scobee (11) 36.77%. I thought that the extra $1 for Gano would provide differentiation.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]DST – 3 @ $11 – At Defense, I went with Tampa Bay 5.09% (6) $4, Jacksonville 9.47% (8) $4 and San Diego 8.47% (10) $3.[/SIZE]
I'm new to Footballguys this year and this contest. Where do you find the percentages owned for each player?

TwinTurbo said:
My strategy this year was to start with Gronk and 3 stud WR, all with different bye weeks, and then build from there. Once the Brady suspension was overturned, he was an autopick at his price for QB1 given the early bye week. RB was the spot where I made the most revisions due to spending less there and looking for value. Kicker was a minefield and I went with 2 established dome players. ATL and CHI were locked in at D from the start due to the price and playoff schedules.

Tom Brady $14

Tyrod Taylor $5

-----------------------

Lamar Miller $24

Ameer Abdullah $14

Doug Martin $12

Danny Woodhead $12

Cameron Artis-Payne $4

Christine Michael $3

----------------------------

Demaryius Thomas $29

Julio Jones $26

Calvin Johnson $25

Davante Adams $9

Percy Harvin $7

Dorial Green-Beckham $7

------------------------------

Rob Gronkowski $33

Tyler Eifert $9

Scott Chandler $3

-------------------------------

Matt Prater $4

Blair Walsh $4

Atlanta Falcons $3

Chicago Bears $3

Unless someone quickly installs a roof on TCF Bank Stadium Walsh will be kicking mostly outside this season.

FUBAR said:
Tennessee_ATO said:
Saint said:
Ignoratio Elenchi said:

Sure. The contest is just a "perk" and good PR for the site anyway. Folding Iggy's work into it would just increas the value of the "perk" and PR.
This contest is the one and only reason myself and 4 other co-workers join this site every year and on a 3 pack no less.

The auto scoring is awesome, the pretend cut line is a cruel misstress waiting for Monday nights game. However it lets me put down the guessing calculator which is normally wrong anyway lol.

I might as well do mine. Disclaimer: I hate that my team was left like this and Thursday was a crappy day at work for me and I never got a chance to look at this until 5pm and for some stupid reason I thought we could edit it until kick off that night.

Blake Bortles

Derek Carr

Kirk Cousins

I don't love or hate Bortles, in this version of my team I had 7 dollars left over and just threw him on there. I had every intention of finding another dollar some where to get Palmer or as much as 7 more dollars to get Bradford or Brady. I love Carr this year and think this is an up and coming offense that will still be playing from behind a lot, and Cousins was the cheap pick.

Justin Forsett

Lamar Miller

Chris Ivory

Ameer Abdullah

Doug Martin

I love my running backs and Miller and Forsett have been on there since the beginning and only came off when I thought about trying a Peterson and a bunch of sub 15 dollar backs. Ivory was a later add because of all the glowing reports I have read on him this off season. The last 2 guys were toss ups between Martin, Abdullah, Crowell, and Woodhead. I chose these 2 because Abdullah makes me think of a healthy Best in Detroit, I really think he can put up some of those 200 total yards with multiple touchdown games, and I chose Martin because of what he can do if everything goes right. I probably would have got Cameron Artis-Payne on my team to if I had changed it in time.

Julio Jones

Charles Johnson

Jarvis Landry

Davante Adams

Markus Wheaton

Eddie Royal

I like the receivers, but I really would have dropped Johnson and Landry and went with Cooks and John Brown or Cooks and Crabtree and used the other money to upgrade at quarterback and move from Wheaton to Hurns.

Gronk

Eifert

Rodgers

I really wanted Gronk on this team and it was difficult to get him with the other players I liked, Eifert, Carr, and Julio have never left my lineup since I made my first edition. Rodgers was an add because he is cheap and in a good offense.

Gano

Scobee

Janikowski

Wanted to go cheap and have 3 kickers, really like Gano and Janikowski. Carolina should move the ball, but I think the loss of Benjamin is going to hurt in the red zone and I like the Raiders offense this year.

Arizona

Cleveland

Tennessee

I probably would have dropped down from Arizona to Tampa or Minnesota if I needed the extra money. I don't mind being stuck with them because of their return game though and big play makers in the secondary, Cleveland always seems to do well on defense in my recent memory and they were my favorite 4 dollar defense. Tennessee was the unknown guess, I liked New Orleans too, but hated they shared a bye week with Cleveland.

Mariota!!!! Lol against a horrible team with no D line pressure. Still encouraging though, scary in my draft I'll have to pick His streaky ness or possible fumble hard not starting Rodgers. Just another reason I love this contest you don't have to foresee your fliers best weeks.

I went cheap on RB and took Ivory, Sankey, and Woodhead. Feeling pretty good about it.

Feel pretty good about my team but it feels like I am wasting a 200+ score so early in the year. Still have AP and Julio to go too.

My team with logic.

Summary - After having a 28-30 man roster since the first day this contest opened up, just this week, I switched to a 20 man with more studs and less lottery tickets. I also believe I've found some of the better values of the contest. So my team is a mix of guys I had to have and guys who were simply valued to low to ignore.

QB - Tom Brady - NE/4 - $14

QB - Sam Bradford - PHI/8 - $13

Brady - is an elite at the position with immense value so he was the biggest no brainer of the contest, imo.

Bradford - will be QBing the most potent offense in the NFL. I'm betting on him to stay healthy, obviously. Guys like Eli and Rivers were good values too but I think Bradford has a higher ceiling in many ways and his schedule is favorable. I think people forget that he was a 1.01 NFL draft pick and was on a top 7 pace before getting injured last.

RB - Eddie Lacy - GB/7 - $32

RB - Alfred Morris - WAS/8 - $22

RB - Mark Ingram - NO/11 - $20

RB - Ameer Abdullah - DET/9 - $14

RB - Doug Martin - TB/6 - $12

RB - Branden Oliver - SD/10 - $3

Lacy - I viewed him as the surest RB to be top 5. He's hitting his 3rd season and has yet to have a career year. Arrow is only pointing up and with Rodgers and that offense, he's in a prime position to have a career year.

Morris - one of the easiest schedules for RBs and is consistently maddening in most redrafts, thankfully this is best ball. Morris will have 4-6 games that are starter-worthy with the upside of more, imo.

Ingram - I believe. This dude put up some BIG games last season and if you've been paying attention this summer, Brees has sort of shunned the Spiller hype and deflects to the receiving abilities of Ingram. Ingram has a great chance of being top 10 RB in 2015.

AA - I've said enough in other threads. I'm a huge fan and think he makes an immediate impact (like this Sunday) and never looks back. I'm heavily invested in this dude.

Dougie Fresh - I love me the upside of dougie this season. $12 for already-done-it-once RB1 (potentially)? I'll take that value all day! Another easy schedule here too. If he continues what he did in the preseason, this may be the best bargain RB in the contest.

Oliver - I love this dude. Bought him everywhere last season only to be let down. But I still trust my eyes on this guy and he's legit. I saw nothing from Gordon that excited me in the preseason. I know.... preseason. Preseason is undervalued by many.

WR - Julio Jones - ATL/10 - $26

WR - Brandin Cooks - NO/11 - $21

WR - Jordan Matthews - PHI/8 - $21

WR - Kendall Wright - TEN/4 - $13

WR - John Brown - ARI/9 - $12

Julio - my top rated WR this season. Great schedule, in his absolute prime with an O coordinator known for featuring his #1 WR. Matt Ryan also hitting his prime and I suspect he'll start putting up 30+ TDs consistently for the next 5+ seasons and I think that starts this season. Julio is going to be a MONSTER this season.

Brandin Cooks/Jordan Matthews - Grouping these guys because this is simply a hedge play for me, tbh. I'm in 23 leagues this season and I only own Matthews in 1 dynasty league. I own Cooks in zero leagues. In redrafts, I'm still lukewarm, on Cooks especially, this season. But since I'm only targeting a handful of WRs in all my leagues, this was an opportunity to mix it up. Looking at the other rosters in here, I'm glad I mixed it up. I'm not seeing a lot of Cooks/Matthews combos.

Kendall Wright - great value play this season. #1 WR with a rookie who will need to find comfort with A guy. Wright has been a very solid player for his first 3 seasons and that's with shaky QB play. I think he matches his 2013 yardage with his 2014 TDs this season which is 1100/6-8 TD range. In best ball for $13, I'll take that and not think twice.

John Brown - Huge upside. I think this guy might just explode this season. I'm not drafting him in redrafts but in best ball, he's the perfect WR to take a chance on. He might be the best WR on the cards. No joke.

TE - Tyler Eifert - CIN/7 - $9

TE - Ben Watson - NO/11 - $3

TE - Scott Chandler - NE/4 - $3

Eifert- if he stays healthy, I think he's a virtual lock for top 7 production. Cindy seems to have that model 1/1/1 elite in RB/WR/TE. Eifert was a 1.20 pick in the real NFL draft and has had some injuries. His rookie numbers for a TE are very good and last year he didn't even last a full quarter but in that <1 qtr, he had 3/37 or something close to that.

Watson/Chandler - I think these 2 guys could both have 500/6 type seasons. Paired with Eifert - who I think is top 7 - I think I really got a lot of bang for my buck at TE. Spending $15 with the potential of having a top 7 and 2 extra guys ping-ponging startable games for me.

PK - Sebastian Janikowski - OAK/6 - $2

PK - Josh Scobee - PIT/11 - $2

TD - Minnesota Vikings - MIN/5 - $5

TD - Atlanta Falcons - ATL/10 - $3

I'm not gonna write much on PK and DEF other than... I've been buying MIN defense in ALL leagues this year. Most under-the-radar position in all of FF if you ask me. I think I counted 10 games last season - without their stud RB and with a rookie QB and relative unknowns at WR - where the Queens held their opponents to 20 points or less. Granted, some of those were losses but still. I was floored when I discovered that. If you look at what they've done in the preseason, I think you'll see a similar pattern. Add Stefon Diggs/Cordarrelle Patterson returning kicks. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy but I think MIN finishes top 5 DEF this season.
IMO you spent a little too much on RB. You've got at least $15 in dead money each week at that position. Maybe more if you pull a flex from WR. While I like Eifert, You could have dumped one of the RBs to up your TE score. You could have also spent the money on an add'l D and K which might have help your overall score.
Appreciate the feedback.

Technically, everyone will have half their roster as dead money every week, so I'm not sure I follow your logic on my RB situation. The idea is to have enough depth of talent so that I always have a starter at the position. It's a good thing having 5 RBs who all have the potential for RB1 production each week.

I actually have a shot at my first 200 point week ever (sad, I know).

178.95 so far. Remaining:

Bradford (-28.75)

AP & Andre Williams (-6.4 for RB2 and -8.5 for Flex)

Dez (-9.90 for WR2 and -8.50 for Flex)

*Patting myself on the back•

177.70 + (Julio - 8.8) + (Giants/Atlanta - 4.0)

Honestly not thrilled with my team as a number of key guys looked bad:

CJ Anderson, Calvin Johnson, Greg Olsen. Them and Flacco look like wasted $.

Anyway on to week 2...

-QG

Over 200 for the week but my two $20+ guys were awful (Olsen and CJ Anderson) as was my next most expensive (Allen Robinson) Still have Julio, but already feeling some regrets with the "studs" I picked. Olsen should be fine, but the other two have me worried.

Users who are viewing this thread