What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest is LIVE (3 Viewers)

So the sum of the number of players left for my roster is 1836 for 26 players (an average of 70.6 per player on my roster). When you look at my 20 viable players (I excluded Flacco, West, Harvin, Hawkins, Royal and Scobee) it moves up to an average of 75.15 owned per player on my roster.

Excluding West, my 6-lesser owned (non-top 40) guys are Dalton, Chandler, Gano, and my 3 defenses (Giants, Falcons, Buccaneers). Wish I had just a little more uniqueness going on.

-QG

Ingram was worth about an extra 100 points over the course of the season for me. Guess I'll plug an 18 in for him each week for woulda coulda shoulda purposes :(

-QG

I am currently in the Top 30 but losing Ingram leaves a gaping hole in my YTD scoring. He counted or was flexed almost every game, I need Gore to step it up a notch this week against the Jags.

Last edited by a moderator:
150 points right now with a lot of points on the table for the NE and GB TE duos to scoop up. Fairly certain Brady will outperform Rivers as well. Could be a lot worse.

I'm in the Top 10 so far with 5 guys playing tonight with legit chances to score. Never would have thought I had a decent squad when I picked them.

Going into the week thinking of two shootouts having ARob against Indy and then three Bucs (Martin, Evans and ASJ) against the Saints.

Lots of scoring but those 4 guys didn't do much of it. I'm around 200th. Damn.

Sitting at 42nd right now. Have Landry (-10.6) and the Giants D (-2) playing tonight. Not a great week for most of my guys, but thank goodness for Tyler Lockett, Jordan Reed, and Randy Bullock.

Turned in a 175, sitting 26th with nothing going tonight. If Yeldon misses the next two weeks, Shoelace would be an admirable fill-in for Ingram. Jags D and Bullock turned this from a major uphill battle to not in that bad of shape.

Wow, only 5 teams over 200. This is like the Andy Dalton of subscriber contest finales.

35 pts separates 1st from 4th. This actually opens up the contest quite a bit more than previous finals. Only 4 teams need to stumble to open this up to the pack again.

Screwed something up when running the morning update today. I'll get it fixed up as soon as I can but in the meantime don't worry if stuff looks wrong. :bag:

Edit: I *think* it's mostly fixed now (eliminated teams might see the wrong total for Week 13 on their team page, but I assume most eliminated teams aren't looking at the site anyway). Full disclosure, I wrote the site almost 18 months ago and was basically learning as I went along, which means (a) it's kind of a mess and (b) I don't even remember how some parts work. I've learned a ton since then and would basically rewrite 90% of the site now if I had the time, but I don't at the moment. :) So anyway, please do let me know if anything looks funny and I'll check it out.

Ignoratio Elenchi said:
Screwed something up when running the morning update today. I'll get it fixed up as soon as I can but in the meantime don't worry if stuff looks wrong. :bag:

Edit: I *think* it's mostly fixed now (eliminated teams might see the wrong total for Week 13 on their team page, but I assume most eliminated teams aren't looking at the site anyway). Full disclosure, I wrote the site almost 18 months ago and was basically learning as I went along, which means (a) it's kind of a mess and (b) I don't even remember how some parts work. I've learned a ton since then and would basically rewrite 90% of the site now if I had the time, but I don't at the moment. :) So anyway, please do let me know if anything looks funny and I'll check it out.
Iggy somehow I'm only in 247th. Clearly this must be wrong ;)

-QG

Somehow I'm in 5th right now, much better than I was expecting. My team can do good but will need to get pretty lucky to have a high finish. Couldn't of asked for a better start though!

Somehow I'm in 5th right now, much better than I was expecting. My team can do good but will need to get pretty lucky to have a high finish. Couldn't of asked for a better start though!
Congrats.

I'm not so sure about that (lucky). Very well constructed team. You have a few studs that can be difference makers that aren't highly owned. The guy in first may be down to 3 RBs this weekend. You have one of them covered and Crowell is facing Seattle. If Abdullah tanks again you can make up some serious ground on him here.

RBMarshawn LynchSEA$270.00 - Out

RBLamar MillerMIA$240.00 - bye

RBDoug MartinTB$120.00 - hit or miss?

RBFred JacksonBUF$90.00 - gimpy

RBKhiry RobinsonNO$50.00 - need a miracle

RBTerrance WestCLE$40.00 - ditto

RBChristine MichaelSEA$30.00 - only if Randle gets hurt

WRCalvin JohnsonDET$250.00 - Megatron to the rescue

WRJarvis LandryMIA$150.00 -bye

WRSteve SmithBAL$140.00 - out

WRDavante AdamsGB$90.00 - out

WRCecil ShortsHOU$60.00 - was out

WREddie RoyalCHI$40.00 - out

WRDanny AmendolaNE$30.00 - fragile

WRCorey BrownCAR$20.00 - bye

WRJarius WrightMIN$20.00 - bye

TEGreg OlsenCAR$210.00 - bye

TEJordan ReedW###70.00 - out

TEBen WatsonNO$30.00 - need million miracles

Here are the skill positions I'm rolling with this week:

RB Doug Martin, Fred Jackson, Khiry Robinson, Terence West, CMichael

WR Calvin Johnson, Danny Amendola

TE Ben Watson

I fully expect to be in the bottom 5% of scorers this week. Well, it was a run.
Wow that's pretty rough
Wanted to bump this (yes, it's a whine, would've, could've, should've, etc.)...

I missed the cutline that week by two points. Doug Martin and Ben Watson had monster games that almost put me over despite only having two healthy WRs on my roster for that week.

Since then, I would've exceeded the cutline by at least 20 pts each week. Lamar Miller and Doug Martin were solid picks that stayed healthy throughout a bust of a season for many RBs. Just checked the stats this week and I would've made it into the final 150 and qualified for some winnings. Sucks. This is a great contest and I've never come close to making it so far any previous seasons.

Good luck to those who remain.

Wanted to bump this (yes, it's a whine, would've, could've, should've, etc.)...

I missed the cutline that week by two points. Doug Martin and Ben Watson had monster games that almost put me over despite only having two healthy WRs on my roster for that week.

Since then, I would've exceeded the cutline by at least 20 pts each week. Lamar Miller and Doug Martin were solid picks that stayed healthy throughout a bust of a season for many RBs. Just checked the stats this week and I would've made it into the final 150 and qualified for some winnings. Sucks. This is a great contest and I've never come close to making it so far any previous seasons.

Good luck to those who remain.
Don't sweat it too hard. The reality is that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of 910 entries that only missed the cut one single week and otherwise would have survived* every other week of the regular season. Mine is one of them, got knocked out week 3 but scored higher than the cut every week since then and would be in the top 30 after last week. That's the beauty of this contest.

* - It doesn't make a lot of sense to play what-if games like this, since whatever you needed to happen in order to survive that one week would've also affected lots of other teams, which would've altered the way the rest of the season would've played out, so there's no way to know that if you'd survived that week you would've actually survived every subsequent week anyway.

He was leading earlier in the live scoring.

Oh and hey Terrance West finally gets a chance to count for me.

That's exciting.

;)

-QG

Having almost everyone play in the early games is a cheap tease. Both last week and this week, I climbed as high as 6th or 7th but didn't have guys in the late games (or they didn't score enough points to score). Slid down to 26th prior to MNF and will probably drop a couple of more spots without any NOS or DET players. An OBJ suspension would probably help me out (several teams in front of me likely have him rostered).

I'm down to 93, so have to live vicariously. What jumps out at me about the guy in first is that he only has 6 WR, and 3 of them were on bye Week 11--Brown, OBJ, and Randle. I remember noticing that a lot of high scoring teams--NYG, Pitt, NO--were off that week and structuring my roster so as to not get too many high priced guys off that week, since they were so tempting.

I'm currently sitting in 111th place....I'll take it. i knew I didn't have a chance to win with my 2 highest paid RBs done for the season (Forsett and Ingram). My QB combination of Brady and Bradford haven't put up big weeks during the finals either.

This guy is in 9th. Can't believe he's still alive with so few players at each position. Must have had Martin/Mcfadden counting in literally every week this year.

http://o.ffense.com/fbg35k/index.php?teamid=106896
Protip: The entry number on that page is clickable and takes you to a page with season-long stats for that team, including number of times used for each player.

http://o.ffense.com/fbg35k/teampage.php?teamid=106896
Nice, thanks

Wow, the guy in first place is so lucky to have advanced through week 12.

179.60 Cutoff, and he scored 179.65. And now might win it all.

Yeah that's me. I actually needed more than 179.3 to make it that week.

This is my first year subscribing to footballguys. Had no idea about this contest. I came across it like two weeks before the season. I set my team and forgot about it for like 7 weeks, until I started checking in week 5.

2nd place has me covered with a lot of guys and the obj suspension kills. I don't think I'll win it all. But I'm praying that I do.

This is my first year subscribing to footballguys. Had no idea about this contest. I came across it like two weeks before the season. I set my team and forgot about it for like 7 weeks, until I started checking in week 5.

2nd place has me covered with a lot of guys and the obj suspension kills. I don't think I'll win it all. But I'm praying that I do.
Interesting how much money rides on a suspension. I guess a really skilled player would have analyzed the schedules and knew this was coming.

Interesting how much money rides on a suspension. I guess a really skilled player would have analyzed the schedules and knew this was coming.
:yes:

(that's why I'm 249th) ;)

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread