What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###? (3 Viewers)

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###?

• No way, wouldn't even be close. She would be on life support rather quickly.

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • No. She would last a bit with me, get in a few good punches but she would lose.

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • It would be close. Probably a lot of grappling and it would go to a judges decision.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Yes, she would beat me but I would give her a pretty good fight for a couple RD before I submit to s

Votes: 40 8.6%
  • Yes, she would beat the living crap out of me.

Votes: 382 82.2%

• Total voters
I've been waiting for my friend to get back from vacation to ask him about this. He's been training himself for 20 years and training others for almost 10, 6 days a week...

This is his response:

I'd say most guys 200+lbs that are mildly athletic could beat her after a week of training. She'd kick the #### out of an untrained guy that was around her weight
No, no. That can't be right. No one can beat her, she is sooooooo talented. It's all skill, size and strength doesn't matter.

But as de Lion said, he has no 1 punch KO ability. They would shrug his #### off like it was nothing. Remember they are used to getting punched in the face with far less than boxing gloves.
Why is FM wearing boxing gloves? Don't MMA gloves cause more damage? Wouldn't he wear those?
The biggest difference between 4 oz gloves vs boxing gloves is that boxing gloves are waaaaay better for parrying / defense. Damage-wise the difference is probably negligible. Boxing gloves are heavier, and they're still not soft at all.
This is just incorrect. It is MUCH worse taking a shot with MMA gloves than it is with boxing gloves. I've taken hits from both, and trust me, boxing gloves are much easier to take. MMA gloves are about 4 oz and boxing gloves are 16 oz. that's a really big differences when you are getting punched in the face.

If only I had trained in MMA early on, i could have been invincible, because, you know, arm bar and whatnot.

If only I had trained in MMA early on, i could have been invincible, because, you know, arm bar and whatnot.
Yeah, you could have parlayed your superior Lebron skill with your superior FM skill to make you the ultimate fighting machine. Even though you're an FGB and 6'2 240lb, you're the ultimate fighting machine.

Delusional x 1000+

But as de Lion said, he has no 1 punch KO ability. They would shrug his #### off like it was nothing. Remember they are used to getting punched in the face with far less than boxing gloves.
Why is FM wearing boxing gloves? Don't MMA gloves cause more damage? Wouldn't he wear those?
The biggest difference between 4 oz gloves vs boxing gloves is that boxing gloves are waaaaay better for parrying / defense. Damage-wise the difference is probably negligible. Boxing gloves are heavier, and they're still not soft at all.
This is just incorrect. It is MUCH worse taking a shot with MMA gloves than it is with boxing gloves. I've taken hits from both, and trust me, boxing gloves are much easier to take. MMA gloves are about 4 oz and boxing gloves are 16 oz. that's a really big differences when you are getting punched in the face.
AND you punch faster and more accurate with MMA gloves

You guys talk like someone with BJJ is absolutely unstoppable in all circumstances by anyone who has no formal BJJ training. Two people get into a fight...obviously training and skill play a huge role but its still one person's physical abilities vs the other. To our knowledge, Mayweather is not formally trained in BJJ, take-down defense, etc but it does not mean he cant see someone going for his legs and move quickly to avoid. He may look very unorthodox in the process, but I think he'd be more slippery than folks are giving him credit for. I don't think its as easy as saying it would be over as soon as it went to the ground. And I think its also a mistake to think an MMA guy walks right through his punches to get close to him. My $0.02
Yeah, thats pretty wrong. A world class BJJ fighter would absolutely have their way with once it hits the ground vs someone who isn't trained in some form of grappling.If you want to argue that she wouldn't be able to take Mayweather down before he KO's her, fine. But on the ground, it doesn't last more than 10 seconds.
:goodposting: We aren't talking about "someone with BJJ" here. We're talking about an Olympic medalist grappler. Rousey is as good a judoka as Floyd is a boxer -- in Rousey's world, she owns him. And vice versa, of course.
That's crazy talk. She was a bronze medalist, so at least 2 people were considered better than her. Floyd's one of the greatest boxers of all time. Her mma career isn't at its end yet. Floyd is undefeated with only a few fights left in him.

I agree if Floyd is on the ground he is in trouble. I think the likelihood of him going to the ground is somewhere in the ballpark of zero.

Floyd has some of the fastest hands on Earth. He's a defensive fighter and although people in here make fun of his power, there's a reason nobody just eats all his shots and goes all out to beat him (even when down 9 rounds to 2 in the 12th). He can hit hard, I'd guarantee MUCH MUCH harder than any 135 pound woman RR has ever faced.

This isn't a fat washed up James Toney we're talking about, this is speed and precision like most can't comprehend. Furthermore, I think a simple well-placed defensive counterpunch (and an argument that he doesn't land any is laughable) either stuns or more likely knocks RR out 30 seconds to 1 minute into the first.

You guys talk like someone with BJJ is absolutely unstoppable in all circumstances by anyone who has no formal BJJ training. Two people get into a fight...obviously training and skill play a huge role but its still one person's physical abilities vs the other. To our knowledge, Mayweather is not formally trained in BJJ, take-down defense, etc but it does not mean he cant see someone going for his legs and move quickly to avoid. He may look very unorthodox in the process, but I think he'd be more slippery than folks are giving him credit for. I don't think its as easy as saying it would be over as soon as it went to the ground. And I think its also a mistake to think an MMA guy walks right through his punches to get close to him. My $0.02
Yeah, thats pretty wrong. A world class BJJ fighter would absolutely have their way with once it hits the ground vs someone who isn't trained in some form of grappling.If you want to argue that she wouldn't be able to take Mayweather down before he KO's her, fine. But on the ground, it doesn't last more than 10 seconds.
:goodposting: We aren't talking about "someone with BJJ" here. We're talking about an Olympic medalist grappler. Rousey is as good a judoka as Floyd is a boxer -- in Rousey's world, she owns him. And vice versa, of course.
That's crazy talk. She was a bronze medalist, so at least 2 people were considered better than her. Floyd's one of the greatest boxers of all time. Her mma career isn't at its end yet. Floyd is undefeated with only a few fights left in him.
Crazy talk? Rousey medaled at 21 -- had she continued on competing in judo I'm guessing she had a decent shot at gold in 2012 or 2016. She's currently in her athletic prime at 28. Floyd is great, no doubt, but he's 38 -- not in his prime any more.

Lot of people discounting just how good you have to be at something to be an Olympian.

Crazy talk? Rousey medaled at 21 -- had she continued on competing in judo I'm guessing she had a decent shot at gold in 2012 or 2016. She's currently in her athletic prime at 28. Floyd is great, no doubt, but he's 38 -- not in his prime any more.Lot of people discounting just how good you have to be at something to be an Olympian.
Or 48-0 in fights against other men.

That's crazy talk.She was a bronze medalist, so at least 2 people were considered better than her. Floyd's one of the greatest boxers of all time. Her mma career isn't at its end yet. Floyd is undefeated with only a few fights left in him.
Crazy talk? Rousey medaled at 21 -- had she continued on competing in judo I'm guessing she had a decent shot at gold in 2012 or 2016. She's currently in her athletic prime at 28. Floyd is great, no doubt, but he's 38 -- not in his prime any more.

Lot of people discounting just how good you have to be at something to be an Olympian.
Link.

Yeah, you could have parlayed your superior Lebron skill with your superior FM skill to make you the ultimate fighting machine. Even though you're an FGB and 6'2 240lb, you're the ultimate fighting machine.

Delusional x 1000+
:lmao: Never said I could take RR. Some of you guys seem awfully offended at the idea of a FBG that is actually an athlete.

Are you actually some schlub living in your moms basement who makes $20k a year, because that is more likely than you being super rich, right?

Delusional x1000, huh.

Which FBG is going to supply said right hand to the kisser?
No se. I'd just liked to see how she reacts to getting rocked.
I do enjoy how in every single example that is discussed with her dominating, not one has been open to the possibility of her taking a solid punch in the teeth. People talk about FM not having knockout power? How hard do you think he could punch a 135lb woman in a fight?
:softball:

What I've learned in this thread:

Rousey supporters are delusional.

Anti-Rousey folks are delusional.

Neither group is on the level of delusion that Jarod is.
:lmao: Tell me how the bullies used to pick on you. This is a safe place.

Delusional x 1000+
:lmao: Never said I could take RR.Some of you guys seem awfully offended at the idea of a FBG that is actually an athlete.

Are you actually some schlub living in your moms basement who makes $20k a year, because that is more likely than you being super rich, right?

Delusional x1000, huh.
The idea that you can hit an open jumpshot playing in some pickup game makes you think you can shot better than LeBron James, who has to face real NBA talent, is :lmao: :lmao: no matter how good you may actually be. The fact that you defend the statement is..... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh yeah, now that LeBron has worked on his game, he may finally have a better jump shot than you.... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Just asked my wife's uncle this question. He has trained, taught and competed in BJJ and MMA for years. He's actually spared with Joyce Gracie before and met some of the family.

My text to him : "Who wins in a fight between Ronda Rousey and Floyd Mayweather? Does he knock her out with his fast hands and man power or would she be able to get through his hands to be able to take him down and snap his arm? Saw this being debated online.."

His response: "Mayweather kils her."

I'm going to go with my initial thought that she destroys me, but I'm going to take his word that FM would not get beat by her.

That's crazy talk.She was a bronze medalist, so at least 2 people were considered better than her. Floyd's one of the greatest boxers of all time. Her mma career isn't at its end yet. Floyd is undefeated with only a few fights left in him.
Judo is only one skill that she uses. It's mostly throws and some ground work. I bet she'd kill the silver and gold medallists in MMA. I still think she'd beat FM in MMA.

Crazy talk? Rousey medaled at 21 -- had she continued on competing in judo I'm guessing she had a decent shot at gold in 2012 or 2016. She's currently in her athletic prime at 28. Floyd is great, no doubt, but he's 38 -- not in his prime any more.Lot of people discounting just how good you have to be at something to be an Olympian.
Or 48-0 in fights against other men.
48-0 in boxing matches. Not really fights even though they refer to them as fights on TV.

Delusional x 1000+
:lmao: Never said I could take RR.Some of you guys seem awfully offended at the idea of a FBG that is actually an athlete.

Delusional x1000, huh.
The idea that you can hit an open jumpshot playing in some pickup game makes you think you can shot better than LeBron James, who has to face real NBA talent, is :lmao: :lmao: no matter how good you may actually be. The fact that you defend the statement is..... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh yeah, now that LeBron has worked on his game, he may finally have a better jump shot than you.... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
How about the idea that I never have played organized ball am a better free throw shooter than Shaq?

Judo is only one skill that she uses. It's mostly throws and some ground work. I bet she'd kill the silver and gold medallists in MMA. I still think she'd beat FM in MMA.
That's a different argument. The post I replied to said she was as good at judo as Floyd is at boxing.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about Mayweather vs a top shelf kick boxer in a kick boxing match?
Too bad kickboxing never caught on. In any case, a top shelf kickboxer wins easily IMO.
Agree 100% -- top athletes in their own sport are going to beat top athletes from other sports. I think most would agree with this; the disagreement is likely over whether any woman is truly an elite athlete as compared to men. The answer to that is certainly a big "no" for most -- but for some I personally think it's a legit question.

That's a different argument. The post I replied to said she was as good at judo as Floyd is at boxing.
Floyd only took a bronzre home when he fought in the Olympics.

Delusional x 1000+

Delusional x1000, huh.

Seriously? I bet there are lots of guys who never played in the NBA who can shoot better then LeBron

Its not too late. I would encourage you to walk into a local BJJ or MMA school and give it a shot. I took it up at the ripe age of 35, and we have guys in our gym starting at 40.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that your elite athleticism won't do you a whole lot of good. Wrestling/MMA requires a completely different type of athleticism. I'm a good wrestler, and a decent BJJer. However, I can't jump very high, I'm not at all fast, I cannot hit a baseball (probably even if it were on a tee), my jump shot is terrible, I shoot free-throws like Shaq. I have almost zero hand-eye coordination. None of this matters on the mat.

So where is the bar currently? Are we up around Mike Tyson in his prime, Bruce Lee, Cain Velasquez? Don't feel like reading the last 3 pages I've missed.
We're up to Ronda taking on all three of them at once - blindfolded, with one arm tied behind her back. Luckily she has laser-beams shooting out her ### to take them down.

I've been training mma for the last 3 years. I'm 48 years old.

This is just my view on things. The sensei's wife also trains. She about 35 and approximately 145. She is very good.

Her husband is a cop that trains other cops. She has judo and Krav Maga training. She has about 6 years of experience.

This is just for a measuring stick. Under no circumstances am I comparing the two. But I will say she is strong.

That said she has real problems with guys over 180 ish pounds. The strength weight difference just becomes something that she just can't overcome.

The Gracies have a ratio for people over 45. Every 10 years is a belt rank and every 10 pounds is a belt rank. I think the 10 pounds advantage would be for her.

So if you have 50 pounds on her you are the equivalent of a black belt to her.

She can only submit you if you give her something. Give her your arm. You will get triangled. If you know what she's trying for you can counter it.

The weight thing is huge. If you do end up on the mat and you get on top your weight can limit her breathing.

This is just my view on things. The sensei's wife also trains. She about 35 and approximately 145. She is very good.

Her husband is a cop that trains other cops. She has judo and Krav Maga training. She has about 6 years of experience.

This is just for a measuring stick. Under no circumstances am I comparing the two. But I will say she is strong.

That said she has real problems with guys over 180 ish pounds. The strength weight difference just becomes something that she just can't overcome.

The Gracies have a ratio for people over 45. Every 10 years is a belt rank and every 10 pounds is a belt rank. I think the 10 pounds advantage would be for her.

She can only submit you if you give her something. Give her your arm. You will get triangled. If you know what she's trying for you can counter it.

The weight thing is huge. If you do end up on the mat and you get on top your weight can limit her breathing.
Ronda vs a Sumo Wrestler

Ronda vs a Sumo Wrestler
:lmao:

Delusional x 1000+

Delusional x1000, huh.

Seriously? I bet there are lots of guys who never played in the NBA who can shoot better then LeBron
Not too many who are capable of shooting better when in a real NBA game being defended by the world's best defenders. There are guys who can hit 50 plus percent from the college three-point line, but can they get open and get the shot off in a real game playing against pro-caliber defenders? No way. They would be lucky to hit 20 percent.

Delusional x 1000+

Delusional x1000, huh.

Not too many who are capable of shooting better when in a real NBA game being defended by the world's best defenders. There are guys who can hit 50 plus percent from the college three-point line, but can they get open and get the shot off in a real game playing against pro-caliber defenders? No way. They would be lucky to hit 20 percent.
I don't think anyone said anything about shooting in a NBA game. Just they could shoot better then LeBron

Delusional x 1000+

Delusional x1000, huh.

I don't think anyone said anything about shooting in a NBA game. Just they could shoot better then LeBron
What, in HORSE?

Delusional x 1000+

Delusional x1000, huh.

How would they know? Because he shoots X percent in an NBA game? Odds are he hits shots at a much higher rate when throwing them up in practice.

Delusional x 1000+

Delusional x1000, huh.

What, in HORSE?
In Jayrod's fantasy world.

Its not too late. I would encourage you to walk into a local BJJ or MMA school and give it a shot. I took it up at the ripe age of 35, and we have guys in our gym starting at 40.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that your elite athleticism won't do you a whole lot of good. Wrestling/MMA requires a completely different type of athleticism. I'm a good wrestler, and a decent BJJer. However, I can't jump very high, I'm not at all fast, I cannot hit a baseball (probably even if it were on a tee), my jump shot is terrible, I shoot free-throws like Shaq. I have almost zero hand-eye coordination. None of this matters on the mat.
lolz

Delusional x 1000+

Delusional x1000, huh.

What, in HORSE?
Horse if you like. Even in pickup basketball games at the park or rec center there are plenty of guys who are better shooters then LeBron. Doesn't make them NBA players just better shooters.

We need a new poll

What is more likely:

a) Rousey beats FM in a MMA rules match

B0 Jayrod is a better shooter than LeBron in an NBA game setting

As unlikely as choice A is, I think I would still choose it over choice B

Brian Scalabrine is a better shooter than those guys.

Weekend warrior former division 3 basketball player types do not shoot better than Lebron. That's ludicrous. People severely underestimate how good the worst nba players actually are, let alone the top player in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread