What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kwon Alexander new MLB in Tampa (1 Viewer)

That just doesn't make any sense. I'd pay attention to who picks him up. Collusion at play?  This is the exact reason why all waivers should be blind bid and not some archaic priority list based on the last team to pickup a player. 
I hope it's not collusion. This guy has been in our league since its inception in 2009, and he's been a quality owner. He's never won, but he's faithfully worked his team and made reasonable decisions along the way. This one was perplexing. I just don't understand why he dropped him, but I also don't want to bring attention to it right now in the 0.0000000001% percent chance that no one else has noticed. 

I hope this isn't the case, but his nephew has the No1 waiver pick and is in last place. Based on his past, I honestly refuse to believe that's the case. I mean, his brother, his girlfriend, and his son are all in the league, and there has never been any hint of foul play. 

As for our waiver system, it starts out the week based on reverse order of standings. Once the first wave of waiver claims is processed on Wednesday morning, it reverts to the archaic system you speak of. Even still, I'm in a money league that utilizes a FAAB, and I like that better. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Lavonte David listed as questionable...

...if Lavonte plays does he take Kwon's spot and who then would lose snaps...Glanton or Beckwith?

ETA:  Didn't see the game Week 2 but the snap counts would indicate at least that TB went with David/Beckwith in Alexander's absence....unless anyone thinks differently.

Last edited by a moderator:

...if Lavonte plays does he take Kwon's spot and who then would lose snaps...Glanton or Beckwith?

ETA:  Didn't see the game Week 2 but the snap counts would indicate at least that TB went with David/Beckwith in Alexander's absence....unless anyone thinks differently.
Don't take this for gospel, but I would think David would play his normal role while Beckwith would play Kwon's role. 

Even when Kwon comes back, Beckwith will still start...he'll just be moved outside. 

Yeah you should check more recent snap counts and threads in this forum.  Beckwith is dominating at MIKE. 

So what are we thinking Kwon will be once he comes back? I don't see him being the tackle-hog he was last year...in part because I read that Beckwith will slide to the outside. That LB unit is going to have to share a lot of tackles. I do think Alexander goes back to being an LB1, but maybe not THE 1. 

Yes... to sitting Beckwith this week and see how things shake out if Kwon is back. That is if you have a decent option.

I didn't just sit Beckwith, I cut him. We start 4 LB, and I was carrying 6. Needed to cut one, and he was the obvious choice. I hate it as an LSU fan, but I just don't see him having much fantasy relevance with Alexander and David back and healthy. 

If you're holding and sitting, I don't see why Kwon wouldn't play almost all of the snaps. He's been a full participant this week, making me believe he's good to go. 

Anyone think his production drops with the emergence of Beckwith and a healthy David? He's sitting on waivers but i'd have to drop burfict or ogletree to get him.

Without knowing your scoring format, I'm not sure I'd consider dropping either of those two regardless. While Burfict is always a suspension-risk, I like him to outscore Kwon the rest of the way (ok - I'm a little biased as a Burfict owner). As for and Ogletree, he should be on par with Kwon weekly at the very least. I just don't think you would gain anything. Also, hammy's tend to linger. Kwon was out because he aggravated an existing injury. He could just as easily aggravate it again.

Users who are viewing this thread