What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Malcolm Brown Deep Dynasty Stash? (1 Viewer)

He got more reps last week in that blow-out and I liked what I saw from him. His pass catching ability is likely underrated and despite him being labeled as not being very dynamic, he's had some pretty dynamic runs this year. 

Don't have the exact stats in front of me but Gurley's workload rate has been pretty dang heavy.  I hate injuries but they happen all the time.  I think Brown is as good of a handcuff stash right now as anyone for 2017 redraft.

Don't have the exact stats in front of me but Gurley's workload rate has been pretty dang heavy.  I hate injuries but they happen all the time.  I think Brown is as good of a handcuff stash right now as anyone for 2017 redraft.
It's not all that bad.  145 carries in 7 games extrapolates to 331 and 27 catches to 62.

At one time, Brown was a highly rated prospect. Maybe he needs a chance? When is he a free agent? I’m feeling lazy can someone just tell me?

okay just checked. He’s a restricted FA next year

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, wth. Just added him.  I don’t think this guy will ever be a top flite RB, but if he ends up with a starter role somehow that he is complete enough that he could be a 3 down bell cow for a team and end up as a solid RB2 in FF.

Thought I would rev up this thread with his resigning with the Rams.  With Gurley's uncertainty, I'm curious to know what people think of Malcolm (I do have him as a dart-throw keeper candidate for 2019).  I've always read fantasy experts (Waldman comes to mind) who are high on his talent, but as a career back-up, it's all just talk at this point.

What do you think about his chances to actually play if Gurley can't go?

Thought I would rev up this thread with his resigning with the Rams.  With Gurley's uncertainty, I'm curious to know what people think of Malcolm (I do have him as a dart-throw keeper candidate for 2019).  I've always read fantasy experts (Waldman comes to mind) who are high on his talent, but as a career back-up, it's all just talk at this point.

What do you think about his chances to actually play if Gurley can't go?
Had he not gotten hurt it would have been Brown instead of Anderson with all the hoopla at the end of the year.  I believe he's a must have for Gurley owners more than Anderson is.

Had he not gotten hurt it would have been Brown instead of Anderson with all the hoopla at the end of the year.  I believe he's a must have for Gurley owners more than Anderson is.
Agreed. Brown is very underrated. Good all-purpose RB.

Brown's talent along with the uncertainty surrounding Gurley's knee makes for an outstanding stash.

Daily Dose: The best-kept secret on the Rams roster

Excerpt:

BEST KEPT SECRET

Running back Malcolm Brown bowed out of the 2018 campaign after Week 13, dealing with a clavicle injury, but Bleacher Report’s Kristopher Knox points to his production before the season-ending injury as to why he might sneak up on defenses in 2019.

Knox called Brown the best-kept secret on L.A.’s roster for the upcoming season.

Rams fans know that Brown is a hard runner and a capable spot starter in his own right. He has averaged 4.0 yards per carry with the Rams and averaged 4.9 yards per carry in 2018. He even garnered some free-agent attention, as the Rams matched an offer sheet from the Lions to retain him.”

Not sure where this is from, but I recall reading he has traits that make him likely to be a long term feature back (if needed). 

I'm not sure Brown is much of a secret, but he's definitely underrated. Brown doesn't have high-end traits, but the Rams offense will help.

If/when Gurley is unavailable, it'll be interesting to see what he can do & what the split is with Henderson. Both have a lot to prove.

As far as Brown's long-term outlook, it obviously depends on how he performs if given the chance, but the strong 2020 RB class will be ominous for both him & Henderson should Gurley go down for the count or be severely limited in the future.

I was dumb enough to add him two years ago and it was nothing less than a waste of roster space.  The only way I see him gaining enough value to be worth as much as a bye week replacement now that Henderson is on the roster is if Gurley were to be injured and placed on IR.

I was dumb enough to add him two years ago and it was nothing less than a waste of roster space.  The only way I see him gaining enough value to be worth as much as a bye week replacement now that Henderson is on the roster is if Gurley were to be injured and placed on IR.
Adding him 2 years ago would've been a real stretch. The time to add Brown was last season (with Gurley's status in question).

I typically keep a couple of roster spots to burn so I didn't mind stashing him. Like all stashes, it may or may not pay off.

Adding him 2 years ago would've been a real stretch. The time to add Brown was last season (with Gurley's status in question).

I typically keep a couple of roster spots to burn so I didn't mind stashing him. Like all stashes, it may or may not pay off.

:lol:

Should I lecture you about dynasty stashes in the same demeaning way that you did to me in another thread?  Brown was on the verge of being a FA after the following year and the word out was that he was talented enough to earn some work until then that he might show some value.  Was being the working word.

I’m thinking it’s prudent just not to engage with you on any subject.  Have a great day.

:lol:

Should I lecture you about dynasty stashes in the same demeaning way that you did to me in another thread?  Brown was on the verge of being a FA after the following year and the word out was that he was talented enough to earn some work until then that he might show some value.  Was being the working word.

I’m thinking it’s prudent just not to engage with you on any subject.  Have a great day.
Obviously, I didn't mean for it to come off as a lecture. You said he was a waste of a roster spot & I countered it was a year too early.

Brown isn't a waste of a roster spot now which was my point.

Two TDs, 11 carries. Is he an every week flex/dart throw?  What do you guys think?

Two TDs, 11 carries. Is he an every week flex/dart throw?  What do you guys think?
I think you could justify a flex start next week based on this week,  with following weeks usage to be determined.

But as you say, bit of a dart throw cause the TDs could just be random coincidence and Gurley did look strong.

Brown might be the most underrated player in FF. It's not a stretch to say he'd have league-winning upside if Gurley went down.

The TDs could be flukey, though. We don't know if that's going to be their MO yet.

Its between Dede and Malcolm in my flex next week.  With the injury to Foles, I think I have to start Malcolm, especially against NO.

While a lot of folks were drooling over Henderson in the preseason, they also forgot that the Rams thought so much of Brown that they elected to match an offer from the Lions in order to keep him.

Brown is a talent. Pretty easy to see last year before he went down. He was a no-brainer handcuff and a really good lottery ticket even for non gurley owners.

While a lot of folks were drooling over Henderson in the preseason, they also forgot that the Rams thought so much of Brown that they elected to match an offer from the Lions in order to keep him.
Had a short 6 bench league that drafted in late June.  Brown got drafted, Henderson did not.  As the news started busting on Henderson, I added him for free.  Held him for about a month and did my research and realized that Brown was really the backup to have....Brown guy dropped him preseason week 2 and I immediately dropped Henderson to pick him up for free.  Someone paid like 11 bucks to add Henderson and I chuckled to myself.  Feels good.

Paulie’e Sleepers @PauliesSleepers

Replying to @Kyle_FFRecon

Brown is going to be extremely TD dependant.

I have this feeling he is the goaline back bc they dont want Gurley taking that up close goalline pounding.

Which means he will go 9/41 some nights, 7/48/1 some and a couple like last week 8/56/2.

Paulie’s Sleepers @PauliesSleepers

Talking to @Kyle_FFRecon the other day and speculating that the #Rams will use Brown as the goalline back due to how violent those carries are.  It appears with news out of camp today that this is the case.

Anyone still holding onto Brown if you aren't a Gurley owner?
I am.

Long-term (dynasty), holding Brown has upside & is worthwhile for a variety of reasons, IMO, but it depends on the dynamics revolving around your roster as well as the league, in general.

So is no one is going to talk about this guy? Gurley might not play this Sunday and Brown might be the guy to get all the carries....

I am a DJ owner that got beat to Edmonds but was able to land Brown.  Might reach out to the Edmonds owner as I like that matchup also.
I’m an Edmonds and Gurley owner who just dropped Brown Tuesday for Edmonds. This was right before it was announced that Gurley wasn’t practicing. 

Not sure who I’d rather own.  People are so frustrated with the Rams rushing offense even with Gurley, maybe I like Edmonds more. If Brown is still sitting their in free agency tomorrow it will be a tough decision.

Users who are viewing this thread