What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Malcolm Brown Deep Dynasty Stash? (1 Viewer)

Todd Gurley (quad) is doubtful for the Rams' Week 6 matchup against the 49ers.

Gurley's expected absence means that Malcolm Brown should step in as the offense's featured back. Backup Darrell Henderson also figures to be involved, but the rookie has played just two snaps all season. Fire up Brown as a high-end RB2 with Gurley sidelined, while Henderson is more of a boom-or-bust FLEX until we have a better idea about his role.

SOURCE: Lindsey Thiry on Twitter.

Oct 11, 2019, 3:40 PM ET

I'd like to see a big game from him to convince the Gurley owner of his need.  He's been resisting my charms.

I'm still not excited about the SF match-up with Brown.

Full disclosure: Here's how my drop/add FA is going. Added Brown. Dropped Brown, Added Edmonds. Dropped Edmonds, Added Henry. Dropped Henry, Added Henderson.

Henderson is where I seem to be at. 

eta* Dropped Henderson. Picked up Henry.

Last edited by a moderator:
tkrull said:
I'd like to see a big game from him to convince the Gurley owner of his need.  He's been resisting my charms.
Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make

If I start him it would be over Kamara, Fournette and Melvin Gordon.    I think Malcolm will outperform one of them, who it is I have no idea.
I'd probably stick with those three, if I'm being rigorously honest and detached.  SF gives up the fewest fantasy points to RBs in the game. They're tough.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Malcolm Brown is slated to be the Rams' "featured back" for Sunday's Week 6 game against the 49ers with Darrell Henderson "sprinkled in."

This was the expectation after Todd Gurley was ruled out with a bruised thigh, an injury that could cost him multiple games. The plan is for Brown to handle workhorse responsibilities with Henderson, who has seen all of two snaps this season, to work in a change-of-pace capacity. It's not the sexiest matchup—the Niners have been a tough team to run on this year. But Brown's expected volume as the Rams' bell-cow and goal-line finisher puts him squarely in RB2 range. He'll be a chalky DFS play as well, particularly at his bargain bin $4,800 salary on FanDuel.

RELATED: 

Todd Gurley

, Darrell Henderson

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 13, 2019, 8:11 AM ET

DAVE -- The preseason rankings based on last year and FA adjustments are included. 
Not saying they aren't a good defense but ne defense didn't let up a passing TD until last week until they did. If Brown gets the majority of the touches I'm not worried.

Not saying they aren't a good defense but ne defense didn't let up a TD until last week until they did. If Brown gets the majority of the touches I'm not worried.
Makes sense. No real argument on my end.

Malcolm Brown rushed 11 times for 40 yards in the Rams' Week 6 loss to the 49ers.

He didn't catch a pass. Brown got the start in place of an injured Todd Gurley (quad), but the Rams' offense was as pitiful as it gets, producing zero points after the opening drive and failing to convert a single third or fourth down. The offensive line is a major problem. Brown is nothing more than an RB4 when Gurley is healthy. He should be back for Week 7 against the Falcons.
Goff killing the offense.

ESPN Fantasy Intel on All 32 Teams

Los Angeles Rams

With Todd Gurley sidelined on Sunday, Malcolm Brown played 66% of the offensive snaps and rookie Darrell Henderson handled 34%. Brown ran for 40 yards on 11 carries and wasn't targeted. Henderson produced 39 yards on six carries and caught one of his two targets for 9 yards. It was a brutal day for the Rams' offense against a 49ers defense that has been nothing short of elite so far. If Gurley misses more time, Brown will still be a top-20 fantasy play against Atlanta this week, with Henderson more of a desperation flex.
Felt like Brown was out there less, but he was probably blocking. Train wreck of a game with Goff going full Goff out there.

Malcolm Brown (ankle) did not practice Wednesday.

Brown's Week 7 status is up in the air, but we'll learn more based on Thursday and Friday's injury reports. The same can be said with Todd Gurley, who was limited Wednesday with his ongoing thigh contusion. If neither can get ready in time, rookie Darrell Henderson would be projected for a lot of work against the Falcons this Sunday. Stay tuned.

RELATED: 

Darrell Henderson

SOURCE: Omar Ruiz on Twitter

Oct 16, 2019, 8:44 PM ET

Malcolm Brown (ankle) is doubtful for Week 7 against the Falcons.

Brown isn't going to play, but Todd Gurley is expected to return from a one-game absence. Intriguing rookie Darrell Henderson should see backup touches with Brown sidelined, especially if the Rams limit Gurley as he comes off his thigh contusion. Henderson is a worthwhile add as an upside bench stash.

RELATED: 

Darrell Henderson

SOURCE: Lindsey Thiry on Twitter

Oct 18, 2019, 3:55 PM ET

Rams RB Malcolm Brown (ankle) has been ruled out for Week 8 against the Bengals.

Brown won't be making the Rams' trip to London. The absence will be his second straight. It's good news for Darrell Henderson, who has looked deserving of more work as the Rams' COP back over the past two weeks. Even with Todd Gurley's health question marks, Brown is a defensible drop if you are facing a bye week crunch.

SOURCE: J.B. Long on Twitter

Oct 24, 2019, 1:47 PM ET

In a remarkable perfect storm of opportunities, how would you guys rank Darrell Henderson and Chase Edmonds this week?

Speaking Wednesday, Rams coach Sean McVay said Malcolm Brown (ankle) was "trending in the right direction" for Week 10.

Coming off the Rams' bye, Brown hasn't played since Week 6. His return against the Steelers' stout run defense would hollow out Darrell Henderson's FLEX appeal. We simply don't know how McVay might use his Nos. 2 and 3 backs behind Todd Gurley. Henderson had been mothballed before Brown went down but appeared worthy of change-of-pace work during Brown's absence.

SOURCE: Omar Ruiz on Twitter

Nov 6, 2019, 6:37 PM ET

Malcolm Brown (ankle) wasn't listed on the Rams' final injury report.

It remains to be seen if Brown will work in front of Darrell Henderson as Todd Gurley's primary backup. The Rams' third-round rookie has played great this season: Henderson joins Chris Carson, Alvin Kamara, Tony Pollard, Josh Jacobs and Duke Johnson as the only RBs with an Elusive Rating over 100 (PFF, minimum 25 attempts). Continue to treat Gurley as a RB2 against the Steelers in Week 10. The upside hasn't quite been there, but Gurley is still the RB19 in PPR per game this season and has played at least 60% of the offense's snaps in all but one contest.

SOURCE: Kevin Modesti on Twitter.

Nov 8, 2019, 4:31 PM ET

A scouting report on Rams running back situation

Excerpts:

Look, coaches value running backs that can pass protect in critical situations so the quarterback does not get killed, have a nose for the end zone and take care of the football.

Expect Brown to be on the field on third down and in red zone. Brown had a career-high five touchdowns last season on 15 red zone touches. Brown has one lost fumble on 197 carries. 

Akers could be a guy who is on the field when the Rams play up-tempo and things are simplified from a play-calling perspective, or the Rams want to exploit an individual matchup. You might also see Akers in the game on early downs when the McVay wants to pound the football.

Malcolm Brown: “I call him Mr. Reliable. He’s a very reliable guy, and he does a very good job of every single day kind of setting a tone for our group. He’s obviously a veteran player that understands the ins and outs of our league. And he kind of sets the tone from a work ethic standpoint and how to be successful at this level. Malcolm is a one-cut, downhill guy. He’s not a huge in-space, wiggle guy. But he does a great job playing behind his pads. He can be very effective in the pass game. He has a great understanding and knowledge when it comes to third-down ball, and when it comes to pass protection and understanding what we do. It kind of gets complicated for us on third down when it comes to our 2-Jet and 3-Jet protection package.”

I grabbed him as a backup in a FBG staff league here today.  He's definitely the most reliable option the Rams have and if he can get me a TD every other game and 40-60 yards combined with 2-3 catches a game, that is a nice flex or RB2 when bitten by bye weeks.  :coffee:

I grabbed him as a backup in a FBG staff league here today.  He's definitely the most reliable option the Rams have and if he can get me a TD every other game and 40-60 yards combined with 2-3 catches a game, that is a nice flex or RB2 when bitten by bye weeks.  :coffee:
McVay is a nightmare for fantasy these days.

Darrell Henderson looking like a wasted pick and early drop.
Isn't he banged up at the moment?  However, I believe owning a Rams RB is going to be frustrating to fantasy owners, because McVay will play the exact opposite of who you think he should play.  At least that is the way I see him the last couple of years.  Buyer beware.

Sports Illustrated’s Eric Williams projects Malcolm Brown to start Week 1.

Brown and rookie Cam Akers split first-team reps with Darrell Henderson (hamstring) sidelined. It wouldn’t be surprising if Brown gets the first carry, but Akers is going to play and may end up the touch favorite. Henderson hasn't practiced in team drills since late-August and is looking questionable for Week 1.

RELATED: 

Cam Akers

, Darrell Henderson

SOURCE: Sports Illustrated

Sep 4, 2020, 6:53 PM ET

Looking surprisingly good ( and happy) tonight. Probably should be picked up in all formats. They clearly trust him in big situations. Cam #1, but he's a good 2 so far. 

Users who are viewing this thread