What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How outraged should I be? (1 Viewer)

oldmanhawkins

Footballguy
This thread is for those of you who (like me) get pissed off for things other people consider minor. The FFA can help us respond appropriately.

I ordered a pizza with pepperoni & mushroom on half, other half plain. I got charged for a two topping pizza. How outraged should I be? How should I have responded?

Last edited by a moderator:
it would appear you did in fact get two toppings. This is SOP for Pizza places, you get charged for the most expensive side, although I have been charged for the least expensive side once and thought it was nice of them to do it.

While the waitress was grating cheese over my chicken parm, the grater fell apart and landed in my pasta.

How outraged should I have been?

it would appear you did in fact get two toppings. This is SOP for Pizza places, you get charged for the most expensive side, although I have been charged for the least expensive side once and thought it was nice of them to do it.
So half pepperoni half mushroom = 1 topping butHalf pepperoni & mushroom half plain = 2 toppings

What kind of pizza math is this?

In case anyone is wonder I politely asked if the bill was correct. Then I stole a snickers on the way out.

Funny, last week I ordered one large pepperoni, one large 1/2 pepperoni 1/2 olives. I was charged for 1 one item pizza and 1 2 item pizza. I didn't complain but it seemed odd to me.

So half pepperoni half mushroom = 1 topping butHalf pepperoni & mushroom half plain = 2 toppings

What kind of pizza math is this?

In case anyone is wonder I politely asked if the bill was correct. Then I stole a snickers on the way out.
MoP alias?

Pull up to the gas station, my vehicle takes E85, so I like to use it if it's available as it's like 30 cents cheaper per gallon. The gas station I go to only has 2 pumps that have E85, the rest are regular. One of the E85's is out of order, and the other one has a truck parked at it that isn't currently filling up. But there's no driver in sight, so I figure he's just running in to prepay. I don't feel like waiting on him to finish paying, and then fill up on top of that, so I just use regular gas. About halfway through my fill up, some guy walks out carrying two 12 packs of beer, loads them in his truck and drives away. So because he didn't feel like using the dedicated parking spots for people using the convenience store portion of the gas station, I didn't get to save some cash on the E85...

How outraged should I be?

They call it Flex fuel. It's 85% ethanol. A lot of suvs and vans can run off of it. Where I live, it's ~$1.80 a gallon and regular is 2.10

You should be outraged at yourself for either not asking, or for not ordering half and half and then just moving the toppings over.

Maybe also be outraged at yourself for not having common sense and knowing they charge that way.

Mostly all your outrage should be towards yourself here.

Pull up to the gas station, my vehicle takes E85, so I like to use it if it's available as it's like 30 cents cheaper per gallon. The gas station I go to only has 2 pumps that have E85, the rest are regular. One of the E85's is out of order, and the other one has a truck parked at it that isn't currently filling up. But there's no driver in sight, so I figure he's just running in to prepay. I don't feel like waiting on him to finish paying, and then fill up on top of that, so I just use regular gas. About halfway through my fill up, some guy walks out carrying two 12 packs of beer, loads them in his truck and drives away. So because he didn't feel like using the dedicated parking spots for people using the convenience store portion of the gas station, I didn't get to save some cash on the E85...

You sure he didn't fill up, then run in for beer?

Today I ordered a half cheese, half double-pepperoni and only got charged for one topping. You should have ordered from Papa John's.

ETA: I also ordered two extra pepperonici peppers, and they gave me 8. #customerforlife

Last edited by a moderator:
Flail about to your heart's content. You are a an American (total guess on my part) citizen, after all.

WOLVERINES!!!!

Remember the Maine!!!

That was my thinking.

I am guilty of this. I hate parking in the regular spots because the lots are compact and mexicans and old people (retirement border town) can't drive for #### so at certain gas stations I park in front of the pump. Easy in, easy out.

You should have ordered two pizzas made the same way, then explained to them that only one charge per topping is appropriate because each pizza has half of the topping. :moneybag;

Today I ordered a half cheese, half double-pepperoni and only got charged for one topping. You should have ordered from Papa John's.

ETA: I also ordered two extra pepperonici peppers, and they gave me 8. #customerforlife
This just goes to show that the pizza topping industry is completely unregulated. Something must be done!Ps papa johns is ####

Wouldn't he be filling up while he's getting beer? The pump would still be in his car. Insert gas pump, start it, run in and grab beer, come back and it's finished filling up.

This thread is for those of you who (like me) get pissed off for things other people consider minor. The FFA can help us respond appropriately.

I ordered a pizza with pepperoni & mushroom on half, other half plain. I got charged for a two topping pizza. How outraged should I be? How should I have responded?
You got a gun, don't you?

Wouldn't he be filling up while he's getting beer? The pump would still be in his car. Insert gas pump, start it, run in and grab beer, come back and it's finished filling up.
Some people are responsible and don't let the pump run without staying at the car.

On thursday night the kids wanted pizza so I went on and ordered a pizza using their special which was for 1 topping pizza. I ordered it with extra cheese on one side and pepperoni on the other. The price came out higher than the special said. I went back and just made it regular cheese and pepperoni on the other half and it came out to the advertised price. I ordered it and moved with my life. :shrug:

https://youtu.be/NsMNNHw2K-I

Today, somewhere in Africa a starving child ordered a pizza with 1/2 pepperoni and sausage, the other half plain. He was not overcharged or anything that horrendous to be truly outraged about, but he got no pizza.

Some people are responsible and don't let the pump run without staying at the car.
I thought you always have to attend the pump while filling up :shrug:

Today, somewhere in Africa a starving child ordered a pizza with 1/2 pepperoni and sausage, the other half plain. He was not overcharged or anything that horrendous to be truly outraged about, but he got no pizza.
Should I care what happens on the other side of Trump's Wall? Should we be concerned with those on the other side? If so then why do we have/want a wall?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->This much<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Users who are viewing this thread