What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charcandrick WEST - Should we be talking about this kid ? (1 Viewer)

Charcandrick West (hamstring) is not practicing Wednesday.
Coach Andy Reid said there's a chance West will play Sunday against the Bills, but in the same breath said he has full confidence in Spencer Ware and Knile Davis. Signs point to West sitting out with his hamstring strain.
Wednesday isnt the day. Thursday is the day.
Well, technically Friday is the day but news is news.

Nothing is ever easy at the RB position. Even if he practices Friday and starts the hamstring could flare up. I'd rather see him rest vs the Bills than see another 11-16, sit then 2nd half type game. There's a real risk of an aggravation the following week after a hammy inj.

Looks like a gametime decision?!

(1 hr ago) West (hamstring) could be a game-time decision Sunday against the Bills, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.Reports earlier Sunday indicated that West would not play, but he is apparently improving rapidly in his recovery and will get a shot in pregame warmups to decide if he will play. Spencer Ware took the first-team reps in practice this week while West worked on his recovery, but the two may share touches if West is surprisingly active.
Don't play and re-injure yourself. If that hamstring is healing that fast, then he'd be near 100% next week. Why risk it?

Was listening to xm fantasy, apparently Schefter said he was already ruled out, Rappaport said he had made fast improvement and is a gtd.

Can't imagine they'll roll West out in crappy weather and risk further hamstring damage.

Best hope for West owners is that the team loses and Ware craps the bed.

Bills run D is tough, but then again, Rex Ryan teams have a history of getting "up" to play the Patriots and then ####ting the bed the next week.

Yea Ware has played well but I'm pretty sure he hasn't done enough to supplant West. Ware isn't much of a receiving threat and Charc has proven to be very much a receiving threat. That goes a LONG way in this offense.

cowboys88 said:
Yea Ware has played well but I'm pretty sure he hasn't done enough to supplant West. Ware isn't much of a receiving threat and Charc has proven to be very much a receiving threat. That goes a LONG way in this offense.
That's about right. At most, when healthy, it'll be a 70/30 split in West's favor.

I'm being completely objective here as I own both and was on the money about Ware's value in the event of a West injury. West can do everything Ware can do but is infinitely better as a pass catcher. I can't imagine them holding out West when he's over his hamstring injury, it was blatantly obvious that they were missing both West/D.Thomas as pass catchers out of the backfield today. It seemed to take Ware 20 minutes to get out into the flat.

Ware looked good again and I would be shocked if they don't put him in on the GL. He should see more carries going forward.

Ware looked good again and I would be shocked if they don't put him in on the GL. He should see more carries going forward.
Possibly but West was good at the GL too. I can see Ware getting every third possession and some extra work if West is winded after long plays.

Maybe these guys end up cannibalizing each other to where instead of one guy being an every week rb2 with rb1 upside, they both end up being rb3/flexes.

Can't imagine he will be starting again this year outside of a Ware injury.
What? West is back in the minute he is 100%.
The Chiefs have won 2 in a row and Ware is running hot - why wouldn't Reid stick with that? Jamaal Charles wouldn't lose his job to injury, but West obviously isn't Charles despite his production before he got hurt.
They were winning with West too. West can pass catch very well, which adds to what he brings to the offense. I don't see him losing his starting job. I do think Ware will get a boost in carries once West returns. Maybe the defense they play will dictate who gets the most touches in a game based on their running style and skills. We'll see.

West 3.8 yards per rush

Ware 6.5 yards per rush

Just to stir the pot...

Last edited by a moderator:
They will split carries. Neither is superior to the other. West lost allot of value today.
Don't forget who the coach is. Reid never utilizes RBBC but I do believe West lost some value. Now, it's possible, neither back will get enough touches to see a monster game.

10 touches with all the GL plus a few catches is startable. Ware will get that moving forward and if he keeps it up the workload will increase.

the only people who think ware will dominate touches when west comes back are ware owners

there is a reason west was next in line when charles went down and not ware

ware is the knile davis of the charles / davis duo and west is charles

the only people who think ware will dominate touches when west comes back are ware owners

This is hilarious. West had a few good weeks and he's now entrenched as the starter? Hah.

All it takes is a bad West series followed by a good Ware series and it's an even committee. Comparing this to the Charles/Davis era is laughable.

This is hilarious. West had a few good weeks and he's now entrenched as the starter? Hah.

All it takes is a bad West series followed by a good Ware series and it's an even committee. Comparing this to the Charles/Davis era is laughable.
we will see

we will see
Neither one of you have any idea how this will play out.

we will see
Neither one of you have any idea how this will play out.
no but im stating an opinion

Spencer Ware 6.5 yards per carry. Chark West 3.8 ypc.You're fooling yourself if you think Ware is going quietly back to the bench.

Spencer Ware 6.5 yards per carry. Chark West 3.8 ypc.You're fooling yourself if you think Ware is going quietly back to the bench.
As is anyone who thinks Ware sniffs 6.5 moving forward.

As is anyone who thinks Ware sniffs 6.5 moving forward.
well, I suppose he could regress to the point where he's only averaging half that much....or, 3.8 ypc. Yeah, that's what West has done this year. D'oh.

Are we purposely forgetting his receiving yards again?

Also, his YPC is that low mainly because of the Denver game. He only averaged 2.1 or something that game. Then he had the 80-yard TD reception so...

Also, his YPC is that low mainly because of the Denver game. He only averaged 2.1 or something that game. Then he had the 80-yard TD reception so...
Not forgetting his receiving yards. I think Reid will utilize both guys. That was for the guy who acted like these last two weeks never happened and Ware is just going to disappear when West gets back. Kind of obvious where each guy's strength lies.

Not forgetting his receiving yards. I think Reid will utilize both guys. That was for the guy who acted like these last two weeks never happened and Ware is just going to disappear when West gets back. Kind of obvious where each guy's strength lies.
i never said disappear ...i said he will go back to relieving west

I own both. Barring injury, I don't see how Ware doesn't cut into West's touches in a meaningful way going forward... Particularly at the GL.

Okay, people are obviously emotionally attached. So, let's try to think about this logically.

Reid tends to stick with one back. Charcandrick was starting ahead of Ware and is more versatile in the passing game, something, I thought that was sorely missing from this game.

This offense was built around Jamaal Charles and the RB that most closely resembles that skill set is West.

I think people get invested because they nabbed Ware or West off of waivers and just get too attached to the situation. Yes, it is possible that Ware could keep the job but, given Reid's RB history, which is vast. That is one of the more unlikely choices, barring West coming back full health.

Incorrect - I'm a West owner, but don't own Ware. West had a great run as the lead back, but so has Ware the past few. As mentioned upthread, obviously neither of these guys are Charles, who is granted the "you don't lose your job to injury" status - can't say the same for West.

All that said, while the team has never been an RBBC situation, that was easy when Charles was the man. They didn't do RBBC when West was healthy either, but they probably weren't sure what Ware could do, and maybe they reconsider now since both bring value to the running game.

We will have to see how this plays out the next few weeks

Not sure why people are saying that Andy Reid never used a RBBC. He rotated Michael Westbrook and Correll Buckhalter for years. I think we're going to see a similar situation in Kansas City as we're going to see with Forte and Langford in Chicago. Rotate some series, with West getting most of the third down work and Ware getting most of the goal line work. It's obvious where each guy's strength lies.

Not sure why people are saying that Andy Reid never used a RBBC. He rotated Michael Westbrook and Correll Buckhalter for years. I think we're going to see a similar situation in Kansas City as we're going to see with Forte and Langford in Chicago. Rotate some series, with West getting most of the third down work and Ware getting most of the goal line work. It's obvious where each guy's strength lies.
West is good at the goal line too.

West is good at the goal line too.
And Ware is good at catching passes. But West is better. Both were picked up by Reid because they were all-around backs that fit his scheme.

Users who are viewing this thread