Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Official Kicker (K) Thread


Recommended Posts

On 10/29/2016 at 7:06 PM, Arodin said:

All you folk planning to hitch your wagon to Lambo, don't forget he still has an upcoming bye.

Probably wont want to keep him through that.  With the Dnver game, might be worth waiting on that playoff pickup.

He got me 1 point last week after stressing about him versus Sturgis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, VikingFrog said:

He got me 1 point last week after stressing about him versus Sturgis.

I just don't think that was a particularly good matchup.

There are probably only a handful of kickers worth keeping week in, week out. I do think it's worth it to try to get one of those.

 

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now this seems like a good thread for a contest. ;)

Everyone hates kickers, right? Right. 

Ok, cool - let's get some kicker love going. 

:wub:

Whoever guesses the highest scoring kicker this week, and gets closest to the following 3 measurables will win 2 bottles of hot sauce.

1. # FGs

2. # FGs missed

3. Yardage of longest FG

Open to anyone in the USA. 

In the event of a tie, winner is the earliest guess by time stamp.

There will only be one highest scoring kicker this week - these variables are the tiebreakers.

NO EDITING. If you want change your guess, delete and repost. Any post with an "edited" tag is DQ'd.

1 guess per member. 

Show me your kicker :wub: & I'll send ya some sauce if your pick comes through. 

:hifive:

 

Bonus - if anyone guesses #s 1, 2, and 3 correctly, but doesn't pick the highest scoring kicker of the week, I'm gonna send them 2 bottles as well. 

Good luck to everyone in your FFB leagues this weekend! 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Hmmm....kicker topic. I wonder if anyone will even see this. :lol: 

 

 I did, I just don't have time yet to look over the kickers, though I should late tonight.

 BUT- I am 100% interested in trying a couple bottles of your hot sauce.

 I think I have PayPal if it comes down to that, but its been ages since I used that. 

 

 

 TZM

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

For some reason I read it as made, missed, and longest among all kickers. The bonus made me think it was for everyone. @Hot Sauce Guy Can you clarify whether or not I'm an idiot?

:lol: at the way you asked if you misinterpreted the question.... "Am I an idiot" might be true even if you understood the question correctly ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VikingFrog said:

For some reason I read it as made, missed, and longest among all kickers. The bonus made me think it was for everyone. @Hot Sauce Guy Can you clarify whether or not I'm an idiot?

I too thought the tiebreaker questions were for all kickers for the week. I put both picks and will delete the one that is wrong once it is clarified. Thanks for doing this HSG!

Edited by whole-show
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Now this seems like a good thread for a contest. ;)

Everyone hates kickers, right? Right. 

Ok, cool - let's get some kicker love going. 

:wub:

Whoever guesses the highest scoring kicker this week, and gets closest to the following 3 measurables will win 2 bottles of hot sauce.

1. # FGs

2. # FGs missed

3. Yardage of longest FG

Open to anyone in the USA. 

In the event of a tie, winner is the earliest guess by time stamp.

There will only be one highest scoring kicker this week - these variables are the tiebreakers.

NO EDITING. If you want change your guess, delete and repost. Any post with an "edited" tag is DQ'd.

1 guess per member. 

Show me your kicker :wub: & I'll send ya some sauce if your pick comes through. 

:hifive:

 

Bonus - if anyone guesses #s 1, 2, and 3 correctly, but doesn't pick the highest scoring kicker of the week, I'm gonna send them 2 bottles as well. 

Good luck to everyone in your FFB leagues this weekend! 

Maybe you can start a new thread for your contest. I come here for kicker news. I don't want to have to sift through all the WAGs for the week to get my kicker news.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Arodin said:

Tempted to say:

Matt Bryant

3 made

0 missed

50 yd. long

and hope no other kicker does better, so I can win on tiebreakers.

(But I'll make a real choice later.)

If no one picks the correct kicker the. It will indeed come down to the 3 metrics for the best kicker of the bunch that gets picked.

so you don't have to pick the highest scoring kicker, technically. ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KingPrawn said:

Maybe you can start a new thread for your contest. I come here for kicker news. I don't want to have to sift through all the WAGs for the week to get my kicker news.

Kicker news: serious business. That's why before oct 29tb thisntopic wasnt touched for 3 weeks. And 2 weeks before that.  :lol:

Kind of the perfect topic to hold a contest really since no one gives a crap about kickers.  

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, whole-show said:

I too thought the tiebreaker questions were for all kickers for the week. I put both picks and will delete the one that is wrong once it is clarified. Thanks for doing this HSG!

Yes and No -

for the primary contest you're picking a kicker that you think will be the highest scoring kicker.

if more than 1 gets it right, the 3 metrics (for that kicker that you name) are the tiebreaker.

However even if you don't have be highest scoring kicker this week, if you nail the other 3 for any kicker you name I'll send you 2 bottles. 

If 5 people get it, with 5 different kickers I'm sending 5 orders out. 

Its going to be extremely difficult to guess any kicker and those 3 metrics so I thought that was fair.

note: if no one guesses the highest scoring kicker this week, then it'll default to the 3 metrics and whomever is closest for their guess - this can be any kicker.

So someone will win, guaranteed. I'd never run a contest where there's no winner.  Weak sauce. 

Make sense? 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, whole-show said:

Cairo Santos

1. 48

2. 5

3. 51

 

So using this guess as an example:

if Santos is the highest scoring kicker this week, and say, 3 people selected Santos, the person closest in each of the 3 metrics will determine the winner. 

If the highest scoring kicker is not picked by anyone , it will default to whomever predicts the closest to those 3 metrics for the kicker they chose.

finally, the bonus is that IF the highest scoring kicker is chosen and winner determined, (let's say it's McManus), and the above guesses for Santos are 100% perfect imma send BOTH the person with McManus and the closes 3, AND whole-show Sauce.

and IF the highest scoring kicker is picked (again, let's say McManus) and this user nailed it for Santos and someone else picked another kicker and nails all 3 perfectly to the yard, I'll send all 3 of y'all sauce. 

Odds are low on the bonus. But someone will win tomorrow. 

holefully that's clear. Good luck everyone! 

:)

 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Now this seems like a good thread for a contest. ;)

Everyone hates kickers, right? Right. 

Ok, cool - let's get some kicker love going. 

:wub:

Whoever guesses the highest scoring kicker this week, and gets closest to the following 3 measurables will win 2 bottles of hot sauce.

1. # FGs

2. # FGs missed

3. Yardage of longest FG

Open to anyone in the USA. 

In the event of a tie, winner is the earliest guess by time stamp.

There will only be one highest scoring kicker this week - these variables are the tiebreakers.

NO EDITING. If you want change your guess, delete and repost. Any post with an "edited" tag is DQ'd.

1 guess per member. 

Show me your kicker :wub: & I'll send ya some sauce if your pick comes through. 

:hifive:

 

Bonus - if anyone guesses #s 1, 2, and 3 correctly, but doesn't pick the highest scoring kicker of the week, I'm gonna send them 2 bottles as well. 

Good luck to everyone in your FFB leagues this weekend! 

Santos

1. 3

2. 0

3. 46 yards

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

If no one picks the correct kicker the. It will indeed come down to the 3 metrics for the best kicker of the bunch that gets picked.

so you don't have to pick the highest scoring kicker, technically. ;) 

My odds of picking which of 20+ kickers does best this week are low.  So actually it now appears that betting "the field" might be the way to go.  I'm going back to my first pick:

Matt Bryant, three made, zero missed, 50-yard long.

I like the odds that a kicker nobody guesses scores high, and I'm fairly confident of nailing the tiebreak. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Arodin said:

My odds of picking which of 20+ kickers does best this week are low.  So actually it now appears that betting "the field" might be the way to go.  I'm going back to my first pick:

Matt Bryant, three made, zero missed, 50-yard long.

I like the odds that a kicker nobody guesses scores high, and I'm fairly confident of nailing the tiebreak. ;)

Except I'm pretty sure played on Thursday night? :doh: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, VikingFrog said:

For some reason I read it as made, missed, and longest among all kickers. The bonus made me think it was for everyone. @Hot Sauce Guy Can you clarify whether or not I'm an idiot?

It's not. It's a "pick a kicker". I clarified above. :) 

find a pony and place your bet. ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Whoever guesses the highest scoring kicker this week, and gets closest to the following 3 measurables will win 2 bottles of hot sauce.

Bonus - if anyone guesses #s 1, 2, and 3 correctly, but doesn't pick the highest scoring kicker of the week, I'm gonna send them 2 bottles as well. 

 

 

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Except I'm pretty sure played on Thursday night? :doh: 

That's been the joke all along!  The rules do say "this week" rather than "this Sunday."  And I actually auto-qualify for the bonus hot sauce as well!

(I freely confess to trying to game the system.  Feel free to just roll with my "legit" Tucker pick instead of my playful Thursday ones,  It's your contest, I'd never try to hold you to a technicality you clearly didn't intend.  Couldn't resist having fun with it though!)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Arodin said:

 

That's been the joke all along!  The rules do say "this week" rather than "this Sunday."  And I actually auto-qualify for the bonus hot sauce as well!

(I freely confess to trying to game the system.  Feel free to just roll with my "legit" Tucker pick instead of my playful Thursday ones,  It's your contest, I'd never try to hold you to a technicality you clearly didn't intend.  Couldn't resist having fun with it though!)

It's obviously not a guess if he player already played.

This sort of shenanigans would result in a DQ so I'll assume you're joking. ;) 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

It's obviously not a guess if he player already played.

This sort of shenanigans would result in a DQ so I'll assume you're joking. ;) 

 

Congratulations!  You are a better rules-lawyer than I!  I salute you and withdraw both Bryant picks.  Go Tucker!  Win us some hot sauce, buddy!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Kicker news: serious business. That's why before oct 29tb thisntopic wasnt touched for 3 weeks. And 2 weeks before that.  :lol:

Kind of the perfect topic to hold a contest really since no one gives a crap about kickers.  

Well maybe there wasn't any news about kickers for 3 weeks. I know it doesn't happen very often but occasionally there is news about kickers. Maybe one of them pulled a hamstring. Maybe one has bad weather. Maybe Gostkowski is being replaced by Barth. If news does break about a kicker I shouldn't have to sort through 3-4 pages of your contest in order to get that news. For the leagues that do use kickers and the people that do give a crap about kickers please start a new thread for your contest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, KingPrawn said:

Well maybe there wasn't any news about kickers for 3 weeks. I know it doesn't happen very often but occasionally there is news about kickers. Maybe one of them pulled a hamstring. Maybe one has bad weather. Maybe Gostkowski is being replaced by Barth. If news does break about a kicker I shouldn't have to sort through 3-4 pages of your contest in order to get that news. For the leagues that do use kickers and the people that do give a crap about kickers please start a new thread for your contest.

 Thank you for your feedback. I just scrubbed every major and several minor fantasy news outlets, and there isn't a single story about a kicker. Not one. 

 One could  make a case that fantasy football  junkies making projections for kickers is the most useful thing for a kicker topic. 

 That said, if the mods asked me to move this topic I will be happy to do so. 

Good luck in your fantasy leagues today,  especially with your kicker. :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

 Thank you for your feedback. I just scrubbed every major and several minor fantasy news outlets, and there isn't a single story about a kicker. Not one. 

 One could  make a case that fantasy football  junkies making projections for kickers is the most useful thing for a kicker topic. 

 That said, if the mods asked me to move this topic I will be happy to do so. 

Good luck in your fantasy leagues today,  especially with your kicker. :) 

About 2 weeks ago Robbie Gould signed with the Giants and is now the starting kicker for them. About 3 weeks ago Graham Gano missed several kicks and there was speculation of him being replaced until Ron Rivera gave him a vote of confidence. Like I said, not very often but occasionally there is news about kickers. And sometimes those kickers are in very good situations. Now your league maybe doesn't use kickers or the scoring is devalued so you don't give a crap about them, but you should at least respect those that do use kickers in their league.

Good luck in your fantasy leagues today as well. Hopefully you can win your matchup and a kicker isn't the difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both my leagues use kickers. 

Seeing people make projections about kickers seems helpful.  

I am very respectful. Right now there's no news about kickers. But again, if the mods take issue, I'll move it. 

 

 

Just 3 hours to go folks - get those helpful projections in, and make this kicker topic then most useful kicker topic ever! 

:) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Both my leagues use kickers. 

Seeing people make projections about kickers seems helpful.  

I am very respectful. Right now there's no news about kickers. But again, if the mods take issue, I'll move it. 

 

Just 3 hours to go folks - get those helpful projections in, and make this kicker topic then most useful kicker topic ever! 

:) 

Well if you insist then let's have some reasoning given behind these numbers thrown out for the kickers. Otherwise they are just guesses. Information such as New Orleans is giving up 4 FGs per game and the wind is expected to be gusting to 40 MPH would be more helpful other than just

4.1

1.7

42

 

And you're not going to honestly tell me you started this cute little contest because you thought it would be helpful to others with everyone's kicker projections are you?

Edited by KingPrawn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, KingPrawn said:

And you're not going to honestly tell me you started this cute little contest because you thought it would be helpful to others with everyone's kicker projections are you?

No, I freely admit I started it to have fun with fantasy football in some small capacity, because contests are fun and people like hot sauce. 

Nothing disingenuous here. So far you're the only one who seems to have an issue with it. I'm sorry this is troubling you so. lots of others in here seem ok with it. 

I didn't see you asking any questions about kickers in here, and there's zero kicker updates on the wire, so maybe you could just ignore this topic for a spell. 

:shrug:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Now this seems like a good thread for a contest. ;)

Everyone hates kickers, right? Right. 

Ok, cool - let's get some kicker love going. 

:wub:

Whoever guesses the highest scoring kicker this week, and gets closest to the following 3 measurables will win 2 bottles of hot sauce.

1. # FGs

2. # FGs missed

3. Yardage of longest FG

Open to anyone in the USA. 

In the event of a tie, winner is the earliest guess by time stamp.

There will only be one highest scoring kicker this week - these variables are the tiebreakers.

NO EDITING. If you want change your guess, delete and repost. Any post with an "edited" tag is DQ'd.

1 guess per member. 

Show me your kicker :wub: & I'll send ya some sauce if your pick comes through. 

:hifive:

 

Bonus - if anyone guesses #s 1, 2, and 3 correctly, but doesn't pick the highest scoring kicker of the week, I'm gonna send them 2 bottles as well. 

Good luck to everyone in your FFB leagues this weekend! 

Ok I'm game.

I see Sturgis, Vinatieri, Lambo, Crosby, Santos and Lutz are already gone so I will at least try to be original.

The Seattle offense has been struggling, the Bills are a bend but don't break defense at times, and Hauschka has 13 FGAs last 5 games, while Buf has given up 12 FGAs. Weather should be decent in Seattle, so I will go Hauschka:

1. 4

2. 0

3. 52

Being from NO I'm interested in hot sauce in general so I'm looking forward to discovering the brand.

 

 

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/5/2016 at 5:48 PM, Arodin said:

Tempted to say:

Matt Bryant

3 made

0 missed

50 yd. long

and hope no other kicker does better, so I can win on tiebreakers.

(But I'll make a real choice later.)

So Arodin seemed to make the right choice, however a) it was made after the Thursday game (unless he was referring to the Eagles game next week?) and b) given a), he went with Tucker.

As such, is this entry the winner?

On 11/5/2016 at 6:45 PM, whole-show said:

Cairo Santos

1. 4

2. 0

3. 51

Finally, is there a website for this storied sauce so we can potentially check it out and buy it anyway? PM me if you don't want to share it publicly for whatever reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
  • Create New...