What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (2 Viewers)

I think I have bad kicker karma....Picked up whatshisface from the Fins for this weekend.....Miami sucks an egg the entire game then scores on last play of the game and with the one chance the kicker has of giving me ONE POINT he misses the extra point!

Good lawd!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I have bad kicker karma....Picked up whatshisface from the Fins for this weekend.....Miami sucks an egg the entire game then scores on last play of the game and with the one chance the kicker has of giving me ONE POINT he misses the extra point!

Good lawd!!!!
Heads up everyone!

I'm picking Lutz back up, you'll probably want to bench him.

Kidding...he's playing in London this week, that turf comes up easy (they re-sod five times a year, it's always been an issue.)

Guess I'll go with Succop. Fair warning @TartanLion  :D

BobbyLayne said:
I'm picking Lutz back up, you'll probably want to bench him.
Ha!  I just picked him up as well.  Had no idea about the turf over there - guess I'll have to see who else is available.

The Chiefs have signed Harrison Butker to replace Santos who was placed on IR.  Chiefs kicker is generally a good one to have, anyone know much about Butkicker?

The Chiefs have signed Harrison Butker to replace Santos who was placed on IR.  Chiefs kicker is generally a good one to have, anyone know much about Butkicker?
Is it?  Santos has kicked 3 field goals and 12 extra points in three games.  6, 9, and 6 points.  Is this offense too good and doesn't allow FG attempts?  Not my first choice.

Just like targets with receivers and touches with RBs, Field Goal Attempts are the lifeblood of a kicker.  In some cases, if you want to get deeper into the stats, you can search for red zone efficiency regression in either direction (I presume this is what's going on with the Chiefs right now), but FGAs in general are a solid rule of thumb for finding a kicker.

Here's the top-5 in FGAs through 3 weeks (4 teams tied for 4th):
Tennessee - 11
New Orleans - 10
Philadelphia - 9
Atlanta - 8
Arizona - 8
Jacksonville - 8
Carolina - 8

Succop is the guy everyone has been chasing, and rightfully so.  He's got a big leg, the team is generating tons of opportunity, and he's converting.  Generally speaking, either the kicker converts his opportunities or he gets replaced.  Most teams won't ride with a dude missing kicks unless they're all super long/low probability kicks.

Lutz is probably owned in every league already as an indoor kicker with a high power offense (though only 63% on Yahoo)

Jake Elliott is interesting to me, especially for dynasty leagues (at least in leagues requiring you to roster a kicker through the offseason).  The Bengals spent a 5th rounder (5.9) on Elliott, then put him into a competition with known mediocrity Randy Bullock ... then for inexplicable reasons cut the 5th rounder to keep Bullock.  When Sturgis got hurt, the Eagles signed him off the Bengals practice squad.  Philadelphia had the second most FGAs in 2016 and is third so far in 2017, and Elliott has a huge leg as we saw this past Sunday with his 61-yard FG.  He also broke Gostkowski's record for longest FG while at Memphis with a 57-yarder.

But how long will Elliott be kicking?  When's their other kicker back from injury?
Sturgis is on IR, so the earliest he could return is week 9.  If Elliott is performing, why would the Eagles burn one of their IR return spots on Sturgis?  If Elliott isn't performing, we're not going to care.

Also, even if they do bring back Sturgis, I'm guessing no one in any league is using an IR spot on a kicker, and if they are ... shame on them.  Just drop Elliott for Sturgis when that time comes (though I doubt it does).

Using my highly quantitative method of "pick up the FA kicker with the most points after Week 3", I dropped Dawson and went with Greg the Leg. I'll re-evaluate in a few weeks.

Bye bye sweet Younghoe ... you'll be missed!  :(

Chargers signed K Nick Novak.

The Chargers are moving on from UDFA Younghoe Koo. Now 36, Novak has been kicking in the NFL since 2005, including 2011-14 for the Chargers. He converted 35-of-41 field goal attempts for the Texans last season.

Oct 5 - 3:32 PM

Using my highly quantitative method of "pick up the FA kicker with the most points after Week 3", I dropped Dawson and went with Greg the Leg. I'll re-evaluate in a few weeks.
I prefer my highly quantitative analytical approach of picking up the guy with the best name. 

Welcome to the team Ka'iminoeauloameka'ikeokekumupa'a!

Harry Butt-ker...what the hell were his parents thinking?

What are Succup owners thinking this week ? Mariota's injury could stall the offence ...

Hate rostering 2 kickers, but can't cut Tucker and have no confidence starting him cause of that O, grabbed Phi Eliott and will ride him in the better offense.

Rolling with Jake from State Farm this week. Used Lutz 3 our of 4 weeks so far - went with the Italian from Oakland week 3, got burnt - and hope so can get him back after the bye. He and Legatron have been great so far.

I couldn't cut Matt bryant last year, this year, i was going to hold him but Greg the leg(I miss legatron) was available, so i cut him.

Lutz is like K3 & I was like cya. Cannot imagine keeping two. I think maybe I did that one year Neil Rackers hit like 6 50-yarders. 2005?

But K27? I get that he’s been money for years but wow.

I love byes. Bryant and Lutz were both dropped. Because of injuries I had a slot so picked up Lutz. 7 home games to finish the season, plus his only away game in late season is at ATL. Can't beat that.  I have Gould to cover this week. 

Just streaming kickers this year - we are allowed three moves per week.  Save one for K and take the best matchup.  If I ever get a decent one I might change my strategy.  With 24 man rosters there is not much left out there so burning a weekly waiver on a K is not hurting me...yet.  So far this year have used Dawson, Bullock, Folk and Walsh.  This week taking Butker for a spin.  Was tempted to pick up a waived McManus (bye week this week, but hold for ROS) but refuse to have two Ks rostered at same time.

I think it’s that time again. In honor of Nick Folk & everyone’s universal hatred of the position, it’s another unofficial kicker contest!  :pickle:

Easy Contest: Name the kicker who will kick the longest FG of week 5, and guess the yards of that kick.  

Closest to the mark wins a bottle of award-winning hot sauce.  :excited:

USA only,

*no post edits as winner is determined by time-stamp. 

*Entry must be posted 5 mins before kickoff of the early games, 9:55 AM PT. 

Good luck everyone, and even more on-topic, Eliott is a kicking god. 20+ for both my teams last week. :wub:  

So who’s the man with the big leg this week? One guess per shark. Get those guessses in!

Users who are viewing this thread