What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (4 Viewers)

Making some big kicking moves this week

Dropping Bryant for Elliott hopefully in one

Dropping Lutz for Tucker in another.

Lutz was tougher but I trust Tucker

Dropped Lutz for Tucker
LIke I said, not giving K advice anymore this year.  :P

But I had both available and felt Lutz was the choice for both Week 11 and RoS. Which no doubt means you nailed it.

The commissioner in our league has a bit of a kicker fetish and had the rules changed so that kicks from 40+ yards were worth 4pts, and ones from 50+ worth 5 pts. Was just a standard 3 pts across the board before. 

Kickers are therefore putting up what seems like mammoth scores to me. Thanks in part to this thread I was quick onto Succup, then after his bye, I grabbed Zuerlein. 

Thanks to those who contribute to this thread, much appreciated 
Bruh, I think that's how most leagues are setup. At least IME, and for a long, long time. 

Now I def have a K fetish. Missed FGA 17-19 are (-3), missed FGA 20-29 are (-2), missed FGA 30-39 are (-1), and missed PAT are (-1). 

need2know said:
Dropped Bryant for Elliott

Dropped Lutz for Tucker
interesting.  I'm deciding between Elliott and Bryant myself.  Leaning Bryant.

Also considering adding Elliott and keeping 2 K's

I have 1 bench stash left.

Got snaked on the WW for Butker and Elliott, so I went with Forbath. Overall don't think it's so terrible; he's been good, especially from long-range, and has almost no weather-related concerns ROS.

In FAAB bidding I lost out on Butker, a team about to clinch bid $10 to my $3. Consolation Prize? I picked up Elliot after waivers for free.

BTW in the Yahoo League I commish I use modified performance scoring for Kickers w/ penalties:

Field Goals 0-19 Yards - 1

Field Goals 20-29 Yards - 2

Field Goals 30-39 Yards - 3

Field Goals 40-49 Yards - 4

Field Goals 50+ Yards - 5

Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards - -0.5

Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards - -1

Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards - -1.5

Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards - -2

Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards - -2.5

Point After Attempt Made - 1

Point After Attempt Missed - -0.5

trying to decide between forbath or succop for ROS.. ugh, honestly leaning succop due to rest of schedule+good weather..but Forbath ROS is all indoors against decent not great defenses

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, @TartanLion lives on a little island, plus he roots for Detroit. The boy definitely ain't right in the head.

:clyde:
Yeah it's crazy just about everyone here that I know uses NFL.coms fantasy leagues. I've been on ESPN and some others, but I actually don't mind the NFL.com one. As standard though, it retains 3 points for all kicks no matter the distance,  which we ended up changing this year. I get minus for missed kicks in another NFL.com league that I play in which I quite like as well 

Is Janikowski coming back this year?  I had the pleasure of grabbing Fairbairn right before Watson went down but Tavecchio, Mcmanus, and Boswell are on the wire.

In FAAB bidding I lost out on Butker, a team about to clinch bid $10 to my $3. Consolation Prize? I picked up Elliot after waivers for free.

BTW in the Yahoo League I commish I use modified performance scoring for Kickers w/ penalties:

Field Goals 0-19 Yards - 1

Field Goals 20-29 Yards - 2

Field Goals 30-39 Yards - 3

Field Goals 40-49 Yards - 4

Field Goals 50+ Yards - 5

Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards - -0.5

Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards - -1

Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards - -1.5

Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards - -2

Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards - -2.5

Point After Attempt Made - 1

Point After Attempt Missed - -0.5
That seems....inverted. Why would you penalize easy kicks less and hardener kicks more?

So ours is about the same but the values are:

17-19 FGAM (-3)

20-29 FGAM (-2)

30-39 FGAM (-1)

PATM (-1)

(M=miss)

Otherwise the same.

I like PAT missed at (-0.5), might change to that in 2018.

I think we're getting into the realm of speculation and crutch arguments. I think in general, the most important criteria for fantasy kickers is a) accuracy, especially from long range; b) kicking conditions late in the season; and c) whether they are on high-powered offenses and/or likely to be winning. Anything beyond that is guesswork.
There is almost a perfect correlation between Vegas team totals and FG made.  The most optimal situation is a home favorite with a high Vegas TT.  Everything else is basically a waste of time.

That seems....inverted. Why would you penalize easy kicks less and hardener kicks more?

So ours is about the same but the values are:

17-19 FGAM (-3)

20-29 FGAM (-2)

30-39 FGAM (-1)

PATM (-1)

(M=miss)

Otherwise the same.

I like PAT missed at (-0.5), might change to that in 2018.
All missed kicks are minus half of what they are worth. 50 yarders are getting pedestrian in today's game, want to prioritize the risk/reward nature of it.

X2. I was getting so angry this past weekend!  

Im sticking with Lutz. High scoring O, lots of attempts, great kicking conditions. And I’m too lazy to do anything else. 
I was too lazy to hit the like button, then my finger grazed the screen and I liked the post... now to lazy to unlike.

There is almost a perfect correlation between Vegas team totals and FG made.  The most optimal situation is a home favorite with a high Vegas TT.  Everything else is basically a waste of time.
Interesting. But that's really only a strategy you can use on a week-to-week basis, right? You can't use it to pick a K for ROS?

Saw this on CBS and didn't see anything on Roto so I thought I'd share here.  Hauschka is my only K and we have strict transaction limits.

Bills' Stephen Hauschka: Unable to kick Thursday

18 hrs ago

Hauschka did not kick during Thursday's practice due to right hip soreness, Mike Rodak of ESPN.com reports.

We'll know Friday if this is just some mild soreness and the Bills opted to rest a veteran that's been a high performer all season, or if it's something to worry about heading into Sunday's cross-country trip to play the Chargers.

Anyone sticking with Butker or Prater today?   
Yeah, I'm rolling with Butker still, even with a couple decent FA options available.  Not willing to drop over 1 game, and don't have anyone else I'd be willing to drop to roster a 2nd kicker this week.  I think a couple weeks ago people were worried about Elliot due to bad weather(the game against SF) and he still came through with a couple long field goals and 10 fantasy points.  Hoping all the worry is for naught again.

Held Jake Elliot threw the bye. He's kicker 3 in ppg. I am riding it out and hope he can stay so consistently good. 

Anyone feeling B. McManus or N. Novak?

McManus has been super accurate the last three games after a rough stretch. Plays at home in altitude against a Cinci offense that may have trouble getting out of its own way. Brock could stall as usual in the redzone.

Novak could be in a positive game script all day, at home in great weather, against a rookie QB.

Man I'm screwed if they bring Sturgis back for the rest of the year. Used my last transaction and was going with Elliot ROS. 

Bad day all around for the top kickers. Legatron, Elliottt, Forbath, Succoup on Thu. Boswell had a good game, and Butker was OK.

Any updates on Elliot? 
Nothing released until after Monday interviews... If Elliot is out a week I'd hold him if you have roster space and grab Boswell if available. If something happened where Jake is out longterm, go for Sturgis (supposed to be available off IR by now).

EDIT: as of 12:28 PM EST

Eagles K Jake Elliott is in the concussion protocol.

Elliott suffered the injury making a tackle on the opening kickoff in the win over the Cowboys on Sunday night. Elliott has been very good for the Eagles so far this year, but with Caleb Sturgis eligible to return from injured reserve, the Eagles could decide to make a change if it looks like Elliott will miss a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug Pederson put a scary trend in motion for kickers. How soon before everyone goes for 2 Everytime and uses a LB to kickoff?

need2know said:
Yeah I'm dropping him from my team. What a disaster
Clock may have struck midnight on this guy.

He has a concussion, but he had missed a couple the week prior. Kickers and streaks have a way of going poof.

Would you say that Matt Bryant is now healthy and back to being a high end K #1? Are the Falcons back to putting up decent numbers on offense again?

Now that Elliott had this unfortunate injury, and Sturgis is off IR, besides Gostskowski, who is #2 / #3 moving forward? Bryant? Lutz? Butker? Greg the Leg? Tucker? Wonder where Stugis may figure into this?

Users who are viewing this thread