What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (1 Viewer)

Please do us a favor and set up these contests as separate threads. The ***Official*** kicker thread has been officially derailed.
At least all these posts are about kickers. 

Your post is the only one offf-topic.  Thanks for derailng the K thread.

also, who’s “us”? I see 50 people having fun and one guy complaining. 

if there’s important news about kickers I’m sure this’ll get back on track in a jiffy. It hasn’t been a problem the last 3 years, so maybe just ignore it if it bothers you. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do us a favor and set up these contests as separate threads. The ***Official*** kicker thread has been officially derailed.

Agreed 100% this thread is useless now, no offense

Agreed. 

Agreed.

How about it Hot Sauce? No reason your contest can't be done in it's own thread. It would be much appreciated.

TIA
Agreed. While I enjoy the contests, they should be separate from the kicker thread discussion.

If any of you kicker aficionados are also into DFS, you should take a look at FanDuel's  "QuickPick Kickers PROMO" contest.

Pick 1 kicker from each of 4 player tiers and 1 SuperFlex #ForTheBrand

I don't understand the hashtag, but sure enough the format requires you to pick 4 PKs and 1 Flex.   Bizarre.

I threw in one entry in a contest "$5K Sun NFL #ForTheBrand", but it seems like sheer luck to me.  :unsure:

If any of you kicker aficionados are also into DFS, you should take a look at FanDuel's  "QuickPick Kickers PROMO" contest.

Pick 1 kicker from each of 4 player tiers and 1 SuperFlex #ForTheBrand

I don't understand the hashtag, but sure enough the format requires you to pick 4 PKs and 1 Flex.   Bizarre.

I threw in one entry in a contest "$5K Sun NFL #ForTheBrand", but it seems like sheer luck to me.  :unsure:
None of us are kicker aficionados.

if you have a dog or a toddler, let them pick.

Lots of "sharp" drop/adds due to weather, folks shifting south and west. Sturgis picked up in two money leagues of mine, for Lambo.

Agreed.

How about it Hot Sauce? No reason your contest can't be done in it's own thread. It would be much appreciated.

TIA
There are two reasons it can’t be done on its own thread. 

1. It’s not an official FBG contest. 

2. Because it’s not an official contest, starting it’s own topic would be closed/moves because it’s not an official FBG contest & it would be inappropriate to have its own topic on this main FF forum.  As an active member, I’ve always tried to respect FBG’s rules. 

i just checked Rotoworld, CNN, USA Today, craig’s list, playboy, Sportsline, my Sunday paper & Ms. Cleo & The Sporting News: there’s no kicker news. None. Not one single K update.  All the k jobs have been settled until at least next week.

Every year for the last couple I’ve done this randomly throughout the season for the pure fun of doing it. I don’t mention my company by name or use it as a promotion of any sort - it’s just to make kickers fun instead of the irritant they are for most FF managers. 

Every year 1-2 people complain about it as though it’s ruining an otherwise compelling topic about kickers. 

Talkin about Kickers, man....kickers.

So I’ll either do the unofficial contests in the K topic, or I won’t do the K contests. I don’t do them every week, so your topic will be here & will again be 100% dedicated to kickers for allllllllllll the compelling kicker news when next week rolls around, I promise. 

So far a whole bunch of people have guessed & appear to be having fun with it. 2 people, apparently, are not.  

Wy not just ignore it if it bothers you? It’s a K topic. There’s no K news to interrupt.   :shrug:

Agreed 100% this thread is useless now, no offense
This thread was useless before I started doing K contests as well.

Trying to figure out who to start at K? Take it to the assistant coach forum for WSIS topics. 

Your complains have been registered & noted. 

This will officially be my last unofficial K contest of the 2018.

Good luck.

Ps - the person you quoted rallying the complaints is trolling. I’ve had him on mute for the better part of 2 years. He doesn’t give a crap about kickers and hasn’t posted in here except to complain about my contest. What a weird coincidence it bothers him so much.  :fishing:

Ps - the person you quoted rallying the complaints is trolling. I’ve had him on mute for the better part of 2 years. He doesn’t give a crap about kickers and hasn’t posted in here except to complain about my contest. What a weird coincidence it bothers him so much.  :fishing:
I don't think you realize how passive aggressive the majority of your posts come across to anyone who disagrees with you. 

All week this week and even this morning I've been sans kicker while holding onto any extra RB. So I've been very interested in this thread, your thinly veiled business promotion notwithstanding.

I asked respectfully that you stop posting these contests inside threads, as they clutter them. That's all. Not trolling. I have you on ignore as well, so we can agree not to be friends. Cheers.

Sticking with Butker, he was great for quite a lot of the season last year. No Bosa today hopefully means more opportunities. - I think I'm going to wait and see on Carlson. Hes not widely owned and though he was great at Auburn the NFL can shake out differently for great college kickers. There's also the new QB in Min and I'm not sure how the offense will look. As for Sturgis, good long leg but the Chargers always seem to start slow. 

Technically none of the last 5 posts have been kicker news.

WSIS & K recommendations should be in the assistant coach, or relevant player/team topics.  :shrug:

No offense to the last few posters of course, but technically all of them qualify equally as “distractions” in this topic.

I’m sure the few people who otherwise never post in here will be along to complain shortly.  ;)  

Technically none of the last 5 posts have been kicker news.

WSIS & K recommendations should be in the assistant coach, or relevant player/team topics.  :shrug:

No offense to the last few posters of course, but technically all of them qualify equally as “distractions” in this topic.

I’m sure the few people who otherwise never post in here will be along to complain shortly.  ;)  
I’m sure all the posts on the last page guessing how many FGs kickers will make this week is news? 

I’m sure all the posts on the last page guessing how many FGs kickers will make this week is news? 
I was intending irony/sarcasm. 

I have zero issues with your (or anyone’s) posts in here. 

Also, I own sturgis since the day he won the job & think he’s a fabulous start. 

Cheers. 

LawFitz said:
I don't think you realize how passive aggressive the majority of your posts come across to anyone who disagrees with you. 
They shouldn’t in the slightest. I directly told you I put you on ignore. You’re a consistent troll on this forum, you constantly misstate people’s opinions & appear to relish in that schtick. And I’ve called you on it directly. Nothing passive about that. I also told you I’d put you on ignore, yet you continue to quote me & follow me around the forums like rhe obsessive troll I’d pegged you for. Thanks for the confirmation. 

All week this week and even this morning I've been sans kicker while holding onto any extra RB. So I've been very interested in this thread, your thinly veiled business promotion notwithstanding.
Not veiled in the slightest and not a promotion. I’ve never, not one time mentioned my company. Please quote me doing so. 

Anyone playing along for 3 years knows it. You’re the only one with an issue with it enough to cause these constant distractions to the K thread. Ironic that you complain about a K contest in a K thread with people guessing the best K’s, yet you believe this to be the distraction rather than your obsessive posts complaining about it. 

Report me to the forum mods. I always abide the rules. If they shut it down, they shut it down. 

Since you have me on ignore it shouldn’t be an issue. All you see is people posting their guesses for Kickers, which seems very much on-brand for a kicker topic. 

I asked respectfully that you stop posting these contests inside threads, as they clutter them. That's all. Not trolling. I have you on ignore as well, so we can agree not to be friends. Cheers.
 I unhid this post. I won’t unhide another. 

The only distraction to the kicker topic is you. 

They shouldn’t in the slightest. I directly told you I put you on ignore. You’re a consistent troll on this forum, you constantly misstate people’s opinions & appear to relish in that schtick. And I’ve called you on it directly. Nothing passive about that. I also told you I’d put you on ignore, yet you continue to quote me & follow me around the forums like rhe obsessive troll I’d pegged you for. Thanks for the confirmation. 

Not veiled in the slightest and not a promotion. I’ve never, not one time mentioned my company. Please quote me doing so. 

Anyone playing along for 3 years knows it. You’re the only one with an issue with it enough to cause these constant distractions to the K thread. Ironic that you complain about a K contest in a K thread with people guessing the best K’s, yet you believe this to be the distraction rather than your obsessive posts complaining about it. 

Report me to the forum mods. I always abide the rules. If they shut it down, they shut it down. 

Since you have me on ignore it shouldn’t be an issue. All you see is people posting their guesses for Kickers, which seems very much on-brand for a kicker topic. 

I unhid this post. I won’t unhide another. 

The only distraction to the kicker topic is you. 
So much irony here. I'll leave it at that. Good luck.

Hot Sauce Guy said:
This thread was useless before I started doing K contests as well.

Trying to figure out who to start at K? Take it to the assistant coach forum for WSIS topics. 

Your complains have been registered & noted. 

This will officially be my last unofficial K contest of the 2018.

Good luck.

I hope we can can expect to see an "official" K contest in the near future then?  :P

In all seriousness (well, as serious as a kicker thread can be), let's all take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy the start of meaningful football again. Also, this is a kicker thread. While these contests might "clutter" it up a little, it's all in good fun. And in the process, I think it actually brings more attention to kickers in general, which subsequently helps anyone deciding on who to start/pick up as the people choosing those players are picking them for a reason, right?

I hope we can can expect to see an "official" K contest in the near future then?  :P

In all seriousness (well, as serious as a kicker thread can be), let's all take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy the start of meaningful football again. Also, this is a kicker thread. While these contests might "clutter" it up a little, it's all in good fun. And in the process, I think it actually brings more attention to kickers in general, which subsequently helps anyone deciding on who to start/pick up as the people choosing those players are picking them for a reason, right?
I will be checking with the forum mods/admins/Joe to see if I can make it an official FBG event.

i still won’t use it to promote my brand because I started this with a simple idea of making kickers more fun. 

All good - today is Xmas day for FFB. Hopefully those who’ve entered have fun & we’ll see what happens going forward.   :hifive:

Perhaps it would be more helpful if people picking their kickers would give a little insight as to why they feel that way. Otherwise it's just random WAGs and meaningless numbers

Perhaps it would be more helpful if people picking their kickers would give a little insight as to why they feel that way. Otherwise it's just random WAGs and meaningless numbers
I pick my kicker by reading my gf a list of all the football teams and she picks whatever name or team logo/color she likes that week. We'll find out if she's any good at it this year. :shrug:

If they’re smart it’s 

1. Because they kick in a dome

2. They kick in nice weather

3. They have a foot at the end of their leg

4. They Do not have an “Aguayo” patch sewn onto the back of their jersey.

Dome or good weather + good offense, that's pretty much it.
This coulda been the shortest topic in the history of FBG if it started with this post.

just 200 responses of :yes:  and that’s it. That’s the topic. 

(Though to be fair, there’s a certain type of offense that favors kickers. ATL = perfect situation this year. Great between the 20s, struggle in the RZ, home dome. Perfect) 

Users who are viewing this thread