What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (2 Viewers)

Zuerlein gone in all my leagues, people burned their waiver spot for him. Considering the offense he's in plus his bye is on week 12, it's hard to argue prioritizing him. Kickers have been such a s***show this season

I'm sticking with Fairbairn who's been in double digits for 3 weeks running.

On practice reports on Greg Z?

Just heard that the weather forecast in Denver this weekend is in the 30s with possible flurries. Wonder if they keep him out to avoid.

We’ve talked about that a bit in here before  - you almost have to keep Lutz. You paid a lot for him. He’s a top scoring K.

BYE weeks become more painful when you invest in a kicker. 
I dropped him to add Bullock for this week.  Kickers don't score very much in my league though.  Feel confident I can get him back in FA next week.

Someone dropped Lutz in my lg as well.  But I'm sure similar situation...small bench, and most only carry a single kicker week to week.

Zuerlein got picked up in my league, and then the owner immediately dropped him after the latest reports. I may target him for next week post-waivers.

Chargers signed K Mike Badgley.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Chargers plan to keep Caleb Sturgis, who is sidelined by a strained quad, on the active roster, but this move suggests he will not be ready to face the Browns on Sunday. Badgley is an UDFA rookie out of Miami. He spent the preseason with the Colts.

Oct 11 - 11:29 AM

@ Denver forecast for Sunday.  It is showing snow showers and temps in the 20s (I live near downtown).  Things can change quickly around here though so keep an eye on it.

Someone dropped Lutz in my lg as well.  But I'm sure similar situation...small bench, and most only carry a single kicker week to week.
I’m not dropping Lutz, but I’m a bit jammed up because of IR rules. I have to wait for one of four players to be declared officially out (D. Cook, Geronimo, Hilton, or Olsen.) At which point I’ll be looking at:

Bailey v ARI

Gano @ WAS

Lambo @ DAL

McManus v LAR

Vinateri @ NYJ

Hmmm....not too excited about any of those.

just realized Maher has 7 FGs the last 2 weeks, at least 2 4 straight games. Cowboys RZ offense hasn’t been great & you figure that might continue versus Jax. Probably go with the 28 y.o. rookie.

I know mccvay said that zuerlein is a week away but I'm holding out hope he makes a paul Pierce like comeback on Sunday and plays since he ended up practicing yesterday lol

Boswell in a high scoring game @ Cinci is appealing. Cincinnati is pretty stout in the RZ, so that could mean good things. 
Evan Silva mentioned something about how poorly Roeth plays in early away games.  I guess it would be interesting to see how that impacts Boswell (is Roeth good enough to move the chains then stink in the RZ or stink overall)

An owner dropped Gostkowski in my league. Most sites have him listed as the no. 1 kicker ROS but to this point he is only the 19th ranked kicker for the season. Worth a pick-up over Elliott?

You just can't trust Boswell regardless right now. He 100% has the yi
Agreed but I’m getting tired of seeing analysts rank him in their top five each week. He’s missed kicks and then pitt has a higher propensity to go for 2pt conversions 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going with Fairbairn this week against Buffalo. Most attempts out of all of the kickers this year and I don't think Houston's red zone misery ends this week. Running game is atrocious.
Picked up Fairbairn for this week.

It might be tempting to keep him at least until his W10 bye.

Already own Bryant but picked up Lutz after someone dropped him. Had an extra spot and will just drop Bryant next week. 

Caleb Sturgis - K -  Chargers

Chargers declared K Caleb Sturgis, WR Travis Benjamin, LB Kyzir White, LB Jatavis Brown, C Cole Toner, RT Joe Barksdale and DE Joey Bosa inactive for Sunday's Week 6 game versus the Browns.

Sturgis is dealing with a strained quad and was left on the active roster. Rookie UDFA Mike Badgley will take over kicking duties for the Chargers on Sunday. Badgley made 79.4% of his career field-goal attempts and was the all-time record at Miami for career field goals (77) and points scored (403).

Oct 14 - 11:41 AM

I’m not dropping Lutz, but I’m a bit jammed up because of IR rules. I have to wait for one of four players to be declared officially out (D. Cook, Geronimo, Hilton, or Olsen.) At which point I’ll be looking at:

Bailey v ARI

Gano @ WAS

Lambo @ DAL

McManus v LAR

Vinateri @ NYJ

Hmmm....not too excited about any of those.

just realized Maher has 7 FGs the last 2 weeks, at least 2 4 straight games. Cowboys RZ offense hasn’t been great & you figure that might continue versus Jax. Probably go with the 28 y.o. rookie.
:pickle:

Not sounding good for Bryant. Hurt at the end and looked very displeased in the locker room. Better make other plans. 

The Falcons will be without K Matt Bryant (hamstring) for Week 7.

Bryant strained his hamstring against the Bucs. The 43-year-old kicker has dealt with a few minor ailments over the past year. Coach Dan Quinn hinted free agent Giorgio Tavecchio will take Bryant's place for Week 7.

Source: Kelsey Conway on Twitter 

Oct 15 - 3:27 PM

Users who are viewing this thread