What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (4 Viewers)

Falcons K Matt Bryant (back) missed Wednesday and Thursday's practices.

43-year-old Bryant is having a ton of trouble staying healthy this season. He appears genuinely questionable for Sunday's game against the Ravens.

Nov 29 - 4:45 PM

Any ATL info here on Bryant... are they just resting the ol’ guy, or is he really questionable? The ATL kicker position has been very productive this year.

Haven't looked back since picking up Fairbairn a month or so back. Had all kinds of garbage kickers prior, couldn't seem to get more than 5-6 points from any of them then, thanks to a Faust link, I took a chance on this guy. Awesome. Texans move the ball but consistently stall out in the red zone.

Chris Boswell slipped and had the potential game-tying kick blocked in the final seconds of the Steelers' Week 14 loss to the Raiders.

It was one of two misses for Boswell on the day, and he has now missed six field goals and five extra point attempts this season. Boswell earned a four-year, $16.7 million extension with a Pro Bowl season in 2017, but he has been dreadful this year. The Steelers might have to look at a change.

Dec 9 - 7:35 PM

In our format, Fairbairn, Lutz and the very thinly held Myers are all tied at 133 points on the season (includes today’s results.)

Haven't looked back since picking up Fairbairn a month or so back. Had all kinds of garbage kickers prior, couldn't seem to get more than 5-6 points from any of them then, thanks to a Faust link, I took a chance on this guy. Awesome. Texans move the ball but consistently stall out in the red zone.
Hopefully this past game didn't hurt your tram too much. 

Thinking of picking up Maher or Fairbath to replace Crosby for my playoff run... thoughts?

looksmlike wet weather in NY this weekend, while Maher will be kicking in the dome at Indy

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin confirmed the team will try out kickers this week.

Chris Boswell has struggled all season and missed two kicks including a potential game-tying field goal in Pittsburgh's upset loss to the Raiders. Tomlin did not make it sound like the team would definitely make a change, however, and said the options moving forward "include Chris." Boswell just signed a four-year, $16.7 million extension in August.

Source: Ed Bouchette on Twitter 

Dec 11 - 12:26 PM

Anyone object to one last kicker contest of the year? 💡 

No? I didn’t think so! Ok, so here are the rules:

USA only

pick any kicker. It helps if they’re active, and signed to a professional NFL team, but hey - you do you.  :shrug:

scoring is standard performance scoring: 0-30 = 3 points, .1/1 after that

Gonna mix it up though & go with a penalty for MFG under 30 & any MPAT of -3. If your pony couldn’t hit a chippy, they deserve to get punked &  you deserve scorn & ridicule for picking him. 👻

You must guess 

1. Total points

2. Long FG

3. Give your reason for selecting that kicker (beyond the obvious fact that they have a foot on the end of their leg) 

winner gets three (3) bottles of gourmet hot sauce, dealer’s choice. (Meaning I get to pick em) 

Kickers from the TNF must be posted no later than 10 mins before kickoff Thursday. All other kicker guesses must be in no later than 10 mins before the start of the early game on Sunday. 

Whomever picks the highest scoring kicker, while getting closest to the total points, wins! (same guesses are determined by time-stamp of post, so don’t guess the same as someone else. Clarification: You may guess the same Kicherer, you just need to get different results) 

NOTE: do not edit your post. Delete & re-post if you wish to change something. 

Easy to win!  :pickle:

Even easier to lose!  :sadbanana:

but like the lotto, you can’t win if you don’t play! 

Good luck in your playoff matchups if you’re still rolling (like me in both of my leagues) and good luck at not sucking at picking a kicker this week! 

😉

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairbairn

16 pts

long 46

Reasons:

1) Someone already took Lutz,

2) Too many KC injuries to rely on Butker getting in range often.

3) Soft matchup and stall offense.

4) My imaginary friend likes him.

Fairbairn

16 pts

long 46

Reasons:

You’re allowed to take the same kicker - you just have to guess different results. ;)  

You’re allowed to take the same kicker - you just have to guess different results. ;)  
Yeah, but if I pick anything close to his choice I pretty much slash both our chances of winning in half, and make another respectable poster mad at me.

Safer all around to pivot to my #2 choice and hope a penalty pushes a kick back 10 yards for an extra FP!

Yeah, but if I pick anything close to his choice I pretty much slash both our chances of winning in half, and make another respectable poster mad at me.

Safer all around to pivot to my #2 choice and hope a penalty pushes a kick back 10 yards for an extra FP!
Ooooooo, stragedy - I like it!  :pickle:

Matt Bryant.

12 points

longest 45 yards.

Reason:  whole team has under performed & he is in top 3 of best kickers in the league.   Not point wise, but kicker wise.

Nice thing about waiting to the fantasy playoffs to run the contest:  only 4/12ths as many posters still around to complain about "cluttering up the kicker thread."

As if anything of earthshattering consequence was ever likely to be posted in the kicker thread leading up to a game.

Nice thing about waiting to the fantasy playoffs to run the contest:  only 4/12ths as many posters still around to complain about "cluttering up the kicker thread."

As if anything of earthshattering consequence was ever likely to be posted in the kicker thread leading up to a game.
actually, Pitt working out kickers as I type.

Arodin said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

irishidiot said:
actually, Pitt working out kickers as I type.

I don't look in to kickers too much. I really need this game though so I took a peak. I've been rolling with Parkley. My league's top scoring kicker is just sitting there as a FA. What am I missing with Jason Myers? I grabbed him for Parkley. How is the guy at the top of his position a FA? That is crazy. Kickers be crazy. 

Parkely cleared waivers and is a FA. Crosby is next highest scorer that is available followed by Gould and then the aforementioned Parkley. 

I don't look in to kickers too much. I really need this game though so I took a peak. I've been rolling with Parkley. My league's top scoring kicker is just sitting there as a FA. What am I missing with Jason Myers? I grabbed him for Parkley. How is the guy at the top of his position a FA? That is crazy. Kickers be crazy. 

Parkely cleared waivers and is a FA. Crosby is next highest scorer that is available followed by Gould and then the aforementioned Parkley. 
I read something last night that said Houston is giving up the lowest points to kickers this year.... seriously.  So you may want to rethink Myers.  He’s available in my Dynasty league and I just can’t pull the trigger.  

Found it.  Here it is...

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap3000000998805/article/start-em-sit-em-week-15-kickers

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairbairn

16 pts

long 46

Reasons:

Off by about two FGs, but I’ll take 23.5 going onto Saturday night.

Strategery for the win!

Re: Jason Myers

Jason Myers the first Jets kicker to miss multiple PATs since John Hall on Dec. 12, 1999. Myers has now missed more extra points this season (3) than field goals (2). Myers is a career 87% kicker on extra points and a career 85% kicker on field goals.

Cant decide on my semifinal Kicker...

Lutz @ Carolina

or

Tucker vs Tampa

Weather would probably be worth checking. - looks like rain for the Panthers game.  :shrug:
Now it looks like rain in Ballrimore with wind gusts of 25mph..After Mahomes, Kelce and Allen failed to live up to expectations I think I have to go Lutz..playing against Fairburn hurts as well

....such a crapshoot.  Seriously feels like a dartboard would be as accurate as trying to predict weekly outcomes
All of FF is a crapshoot at predictng weekly outcomes.  That’s the nature of the beast.

Made worse by the fact that predicting kickers is closer to projecting “team defense” than to individual position players.  Have to consider offensive skill, red zone efficiency, coaching tendencies...

Still possible to make reasonable predictions across a full season as to which kickers will be better, which to avoid, and expect to be as accurate as predicting RBs.  (Remember how every year we get stories of the 4-6 projected top RBs who drop precipiously out of the top 10 each year?)

Users who are viewing this thread