Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Official Kicker (K) Thread

It's just a quirk of mine, but like to have the same K across all four of my leagues.  Makes it easier to remember who to keep track of on Sundays.

So in all four leagues, I drafted Slye (week 13 bye, giving me plenty of time to find an adequate replacement).  Then last week I noticed Carlson was available in all four of my leagues since the Raiders were on bye, and he's the #7 kicker in average PPG (and incredibly consistent so far - 8, 10, 12, 12, 13).  So I pulled the trigger early, well-before Slye's bye, and grabbed Carlson in all four.

Looking at Prater and Will Lutz (possibly dropped in your league after a Bye); the latter has had high scoring days in all 3 home Saints games this year and Car @ NO carries a 51 line.

Edited by The Frankman

55 minutes ago, Peak said:

Blankenship was dropped for his bye.  Looking at the ROS schedule for IND, it looks fairly brutal. Is he worth a grab over Crosby?  Considering the move now to get him, but I would go without a K this week.

I believe he is in a dome (or warm weather) every game going forward until week 16. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peak said:

Blankenship was dropped for his bye.  Looking at the ROS schedule for IND, it looks fairly brutal. Is he worth a grab over Crosby?  Considering the move now to get him, but I would go without a K this week.

Blankenship has been a money kicker all season long. I see no reason why that wouldn't continue. I am strongly holding in all leagues, placing my chips in on him over Koo.

Is that worth going without a K though? Don't know -- how much do you project yourself to win/lose and can you afford that chance.

1 minute ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Blankenship has been a money kicker all season long. I see no reason why that wouldn't continue. I am strongly holding in all leagues, placing my chips in on him over Koo.

Is that worth going without a K though? Don't know -- how much do you project yourself to win/lose and can you afford that chance.

With Crosby, I'm about a 10 point projected winner.  Without a K, it's about 2 pts.  I have a Flex move that is risk/reward that could add another 5-10  pts to the total.  I was playing it safer this week as my opponent is not a high scorer in the league.  This is what has me thinking even without a K, I could still muster a win.  

Looked at McManus with Slye hitting the COVID list but went with Bullock on Cinci as they’re near the top of the league in attempts and are allowing him to kick 50+ yarders somewhat regularly. His only down game came with the offense completely shut down by the Ravens. Gets Cleveland this week ... figure it could be worse. 

Rams K Sam Sloman could play Monday against the Bears even after the team signed K Kai Forbath. 

Rams head coach Sean McVay said because of the league's COVID-19 protocols, Forbath won't join the team until Sunday, just 24 hours before LA is set to take on the Bears. That leaves Sloman -- who's made seven of nine field goals while missing three extra points this year -- as the team's likely Week 7 kicker. It's a great matchup against a Bears team allowing the NFL's most field goal attempts through six weeks. 

RELATED: 

Kai Forbath

SOURCE: Jourdan Rodrigue on Twitter 

Oct 22, 2020, 4:21 PM ET

14 hours ago, xenon said:

I'm debating between Mcmanus and Succop.  I had Lutz on a bye last week so I dropped him and somebody picked him up.  I almost opted for Mamanus last week but went with Sly from CAR and regret it...

Keep an eye on the TB game. Would be a pain if it gets delayed and you are holding Succop.

@gbill2004 - News on Josh Lambo:

Jaguars K Josh Lambo (hip) was activated from the designated to return list. 

Lambo is expected to play this week against his former team, the Chargers. The Jaguars have struggled to find playable kickers in Lambo's absence. He doesn't shape up as a great fantasy option in a game where the Jags are heavy underdogs. 

RELATED: 

Jonathan Brown

SOURCE: Mark Long on Twitter 

Oct 22, 2020, 4:59 PM ET

6 hours ago, Peak said:

I picked him up when someone dropped him, and may have to go without a K this week too.  I even paid $7 for him out of a $200 budget.  If the game is close enough as to where I need a K I may have to drop Fournette though.

See a lot of talk about fading Blankenship through ROS because of their schedule and continued struggles offensively.

Not sure I understand it.

Looking at IND's schedules, I see BAL (W9) and PIT (W16) as tough Ds, and the rest middle of the road to favorable match ups.

IND is struggling offensively, but that seems to bode well for kickers rather than not (as long as they are getting inside the opposing team's 35 or so).

I see a guy like Bullock being rated higher going forward in a lot of places, but have to think that marginal increase in points that a guy like Bullock brings over Blankenship is offset (even overweighted) by having a proven kicker that has weathered tough match ups and a flailing offense already this season, and is past their bye so you don't have to worry about it. 

Thoughts?

Getting sick of Butker's missed PAT's.  Aside from the misses he also seems to squeeze several just inside the uprights left.  He's off.  For awhile he was Tucker like and nothing ever left the center.  Don't know what's up and the offense is so good I'm just going to ride him. But it's painful and wasted points getting -2 every time he does it.

• Like 2

In three of my leagues Koo was dropped while injured.  This past week I dropped Blankenship in all three for his bye, picked up Koo in all 3, and the kicker nightmare happened - team scored only TDs, went for 2, and Koo gets you 2 pts.  Blankenship would never do that to you.  Back to the wire Koo goes for Roddy B if the waivers are kind.  

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 11:08 AM, Broncobiv said:

It's just a quirk of mine, but like to have the same K across all four of my leagues.  Makes it easier to remember who to keep track of on Sundays.

So in all four leagues, I drafted Slye (week 13 bye, giving me plenty of time to find an adequate replacement).  Then last week I noticed Carlson was available in all four of my leagues since the Raiders were on bye, and he's the #7 kicker in average PPG (and incredibly consistent so far - 8, 10, 12, 12, 13).  So I pulled the trigger early, well-before Slye's bye, and grabbed Carlson in all four.

I'm the exact same way.  My brother absolutely will not roster any other kicker except the one from his QB's RL team.  This year he has Wilson and Myers, and Watson and Fairbairn.  He says that way if his QB doesn't reach the EZ and get points, he still gets some from the FGs.  To each his own I guess...

Rams waived K Sam Sloman. 

He will be replaced by veteran Kai Forbath, whom the Rams signed last week. Monday night was Sloman's last chance, and he responded by missing a 48-yard field goal in domed SoFi Stadium. The No. 248 overall pick of the draft finishes his Rams tenure 8-of-11 on field goals, having also missed three extra points. He was apparently also irking by coach Sean McVay by failing to hit his kickoffs out of the back of the end zone. Still only 23, Sloman will presumably become a fixture on the workout circuit. It is common for kickers to bomb their first NFL gig. 

RELATED: 

Kai Forbath

, Los Angeles Rams

Oct 27, 2020, 3:01 PM ET

Mason Crosby (calf, back) missed Wednesday and Thursday's practice. 

The Athletic's Matt Schneidman believes Crosby is in danger of missing the first game of his career. Crosby has suited up for 234 straight. Instead of waiting on Crosby's status in fantasy, the time to make a move is now. 

SOURCE: Matt Schneidman

Oct 29, 2020, 4:47 PM ET

On 10/27/2020 at 1:12 PM, wlwiles said:

In three of my leagues Koo was dropped while injured.  This past week I dropped Blankenship in all three for his bye, picked up Koo in all 3, and the kicker nightmare happened - team scored only TDs, went for 2, and Koo gets you 2 pts.  Blankenship would never do that to you.  Back to the wire Koo goes for Roddy B if the waivers are kind.  

Same exact situation. Picked up Koo as he's been super solid but had to drop the Specs to cover for byes elsewhere. Was hoping to snag Roddy back but wasn't able to pick him up again -- he was the #1 waiver pick up in my league by the guy with first priority.

So have Koo (at least he has 3 on the board so far tonight), but would much rather have Hot Rod. :(

Were you able to snag him back?

ETA: Koo making me feel a little better about him with 10 points at the half. That said, would still prefer my boy Specs who is past his bye already. 

Edited by Stompin' Tom Connors

3 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Same exact situation. Picked up Koo as he's been super solid but had to drop the Specs to cover for byes elsewhere. Was hoping to snag Roddy back but wasn't able to pick him up again -- he was the #1 waiver pick up in my league by the guy with first priority.

So have Koo (at least he has 3 on the board so far tonight), but would much rather have Hot Rod. :(

Were you able to snag him back?

ETA: Koo making me feel a little better about him with 10 points at the half. That said, would still prefer my boy Specs who is past his bye already. 

I got Rodrigo back in 2 of 3 leagues. My brother had higher priority in the third and told me he was going to get him so I held Koo there

Packers head coach Matt LaFleur said he's not sure if Mason Crosby will play this week against the Vikings. 

Crosby, who missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday, did some kicking indoors Friday. Fantasy managers should look elsewhere for a Week 8 kicker option. 

SOURCE: Matt Schneidman on Twitter 

Oct 30, 2020, 2:53 PM ET

Jets K Sam Ficken (groin) is inactive for Week 8 against the Chiefs. 

As if nature could up the difficultly level any higher for the Jets. Sergio Castillo will kick for Gang Green. Joining Ficken on the shelf for today's impossible mission are WR Jamison Crowder, WR Breshad Perriman, QB James Morgan, OL Jimmy Murray, OL Cameron Clark and LB Blake Cashman. 

Nov 1, 2020, 11:39 AM ET

On 10/30/2020 at 12:18 AM, wlwiles said:

I got Rodrigo back in 2 of 3 leagues. My brother had higher priority in the third and told me he was going to get him so I held Koo there

Is Rodrigo really...that good?

He's available in my league. Considering the weather issues this week and that this game is in a dome, seems like a safe bet.

Don't love the matchup. DET statistically is tough against Ks (probably because their D is so lousy so more TDs vs FGs).

22 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Is Rodrigo really...that good?

He's available in my league. Considering the weather issues this week and that this game is in a dome, seems like a safe bet.

Don't love the matchup. DET statistically is tough against Ks (probably because their D is so lousy so more TDs vs FGs).

He's probably my top rated guy beyond the Lutz/Tucker/Butker type guys that people covet. Good but not great offense so lots of FG chances, half his games in a dome.  Yesterday notwithstanding, I'm sticking with him. 

3 minutes ago, wlwiles said:

He's probably my top rated guy beyond the Lutz/Tucker/Butker type guys that people covet. Good but not great offense so lots of FG chances, half his games in a dome.  Yesterday notwithstanding, I'm sticking with him. 

He's ordinary.

Had a hot start. Has no 50+ FGs. And misses an extra point indoors.

As with most kickers outside of maybe Tucker, these guys are all random number generators.

Tucker owner dropped him on the bye week, I grabbed him for free. #1 K PPG in our format. Set it and forget it.

Buttkicker has had low FGA this year and missed 5 PATs; our league is (-1) on missed PATS, (-1) missed FGA 30-39, (-2) missed FGA 20-29, (-3) missed FGA 10-19. Guy is like K17 and EVERYONE ranks him top 3 every week. Was able to package him with H Henry for Mostert (IR.) The poor bastard started both yesterday and they were miserable.

schadenfreude

Titans tried out kickers Sam Sloman and Georgio Tavvechio on Thursday. 

It's not exactly stunning after Stephen Gostkowski's cringe-inducing struggles this season. The veteran has missed seven of 17 field goal tries -- including a potential game winner two weeks against against Pittsburgh -- along with two extra points. Whoever kicks for the Titans should see solid opportunity in an offense that moves the ball efficiently. 

RELATED: 

Sam Sloman

, Giorgio Tavecchio

Nov 5, 2020, 4:37 PM ET

Patriots K Nick Folk is questionable for Week 9 with a back injury. 

If Folk can't go for Monday night's game against the Jets, rookie Justin Rohrwasser will be promoted from the practice squad. Folk has not been a recommended fantasy option. 

Nov 7, 2020, 5:05 PM ET

On 10/27/2020 at 12:31 PM, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

See a lot of talk about fading Blankenship through ROS because of their schedule and continued struggles offensively.

Not sure I understand it.

Looking at IND's schedules, I see BAL (W9) and PIT (W16) as tough Ds, and the rest middle of the road to favorable match ups.

IND is struggling offensively, but that seems to bode well for kickers rather than not (as long as they are getting inside the opposing team's 35 or so).

I see a guy like Bullock being rated higher going forward in a lot of places, but have to think that marginal increase in points that a guy like Bullock brings over Blankenship is offset (even overweighted) by having a proven kicker that has weathered tough match ups and a flailing offense already this season, and is past their bye so you don't have to worry about it. 

Thoughts?

Bullock has been nails this year for the most part, and Cinci has given him ample opportunity. I think that offense continues to jell and becomes something you want pieces of in the second half. 

That said, either feel like good options, though I’m anxious about Goggles the next two weeks. 

On 11/2/2020 at 11:55 AM, LionOfGosforth said:

Liking Carlson, LV are pretty inept in the red zone leading to decent kicking opportunities and he doesn't miss many.

I dropped Blankenship for him. Only one potential bad weather game for the remainder of the season. Oh yeah, and he has been rock solid this season. 

12 minutes ago, Keith1 said:

I dropped Blankenship for him. Only one potential bad weather game for the remainder of the season. Oh yeah, and he has been rock solid this season. 

Picked up Carlson where he was available. 

9 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Grabbed Z. Gonzalez vs MIA.

AZ favored, at home, good weather, but MIA's D may be just thorny enough to slow them down in the redzone.

And have Gonzo in my other leagues where I couldn’t get Carlson.

We’ll see how it goes this week. 

Ugh, pretty horrible teams and choices for kickers, although both have kicked well, both have had few opportunities and the Jets have even  fewer opportunities.  I'd go with the vet Folk over any Jets kicker.  As far as I know, he is playing this week - check pregame reports of course.

8 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Lambo re-injured his hip and sounds serious. Who's next man up for the Jags?

Rotoworld:

Jaguars placed K Josh Lambo (hip) on injured reserve.

Lambo re-aggravated the same hip — and reportedly hurt it worse this time around — that initially sent him to injured reserve last month. The Jaguars are expected to promote PK Jon Brown from the practice squad to replace Lambo for the rest of the year.

SOURCE: Mark Long on Twitter

Nov 9, 2020, 1:32 PM ET

@gbill2004

Jaguars signed K Chase McLaughlin from the Vikings practice squad. 

McLaughlin would be Jacksonville's sixth kicker of the season. He lost out to Rodrigo Blankenship after a heated kicker competition in Colts training camp this summer, later signing to Minnesota's practice squad. McLaughin, 24, converted 18-of-23 2019 field goal attempts for three different teams. He'll have limited fantasy appeal on a team that rarely sees positive game script, which proves crucial to kicker opportunity. 

SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter 

Nov 10, 2020, 11:30 AM ET

• Like 1

Ive been trotting out RODRIGO BLANKENSHIP  in most spots, and he has been pretty damn good through the first 6 games.

Weeks 8-9 were slow, and I'm starting to look elsewhere at potential rest-of-season options.

Is there anybody thats on most wires, you guys are looking at for late season/playoff kickers??

Its getting near the time where  we need to start looking over defenses/kickers for fantasy playoff purposes.

I'm mostly content to give Blankenship one more week, but if there is a kicker with a potentially juicy playoff/late season run I'd consider that also.

TZM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TZMarkie said:

Ive been trotting out RODRIGO BLANKENSHIP  in most spots, and he has been pretty damn good through the first 6 games.

Weeks 8-9 were slow, and I'm starting to look elsewhere at potential rest-of-season options.

Is there anybody thats on most wires, you guys are looking at for late season/playoff kickers??

Its getting near the time where  we need to start looking over defenses/kickers for fantasy playoff purposes.

I'm mostly content to give Blankenship one more week, but if there is a kicker with a potentially juicy playoff/late season run I'd consider that also.

TZM

Daniel Carlson. He has better season-long numbers than Blankenship, has had his bye, has only one potential bad weather game the remainder of the year (all but one of his remaining games are indoors) and in fact he is at home for weeks 14, 15 and 16 (more than a bit unusual). 

Edited by Keith1
  • Like 1