The Official Kicker (K) Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Felt like Young-hoe would have been Bob Krafts personal choice of kicker.     😱

How about this: since folks have already made their guesses for this contest, we’ll leave this one be (with apologies for all the distraction to the breaking K news of which there is currently none) a

Man - I suck at this!  lol  In that case, @seahawk 17 will also get a bottle of sauce!  I know the rules say a tie goes to the time-stamp, but I'm a rebel, and I hate stupid rules. 

Dropped tucker since I thought Balt would suck. Pick him back up? Was going to grab Myers but then I see tenn allows fewest points for kickers? Is that a thing or is it just happenstance?

Same exact situation I'm in. Been going back and forth all week.

I have Tucker and Myers. I am going with Myers and healthy offense vs backup qb rb and wr offense. But what do I know. Been over thinking everything in my must win game this week.

Thoughts on Chris Boswell?

He seems to be ranked really low everywhere, but here's his points in games he's played in:

So more games in double digits than under, and a pretty high floor so far. I've got Barth in there now but I don't feel great about it. All the "experts" have them both ranked pretty low, especially Barth.

What are his numbers when Ben is QB?

He seems to be ranked really low everywhere, but here's his points in games he's played in:

So more games in double digits than under, and a pretty high floor so far. I've got Barth in there now but I don't feel great about it. All the "experts" have them both ranked pretty low, especially Barth.

I think I'm jumping on the Boswell train this week. 5 out of his last 7 games have been double digit points, with 22 FGA over the past 9 weeks to Prater's 16 and Barth's 21. The Pittsburgh offense seems to move the ball at will which means plenty of trips to field goal territory, and their offense is humming.

My only concern is their opponent this week is Cincy, which accounts for one of the games above where he did not have a double digit game. I anticipate that the combined score of both teams should be significantly greater (Pittsburgh scored only 10 points total that week, 4 of those belonging to Boswell), especially since that game was Big Ben's first back from injury and he seemed rusty to me.

Taking him over Prater, Barth, McManus, Santos, and Josh Brown.

Trying to decide if I want to stick with Myers and hope this week was a fluke and he'll get back on the FG train or go with Barth in what Vegas believes will be the highest scoring game of the week. As we saw last week with the Jags-Titans, a lot of points don't always work out great for the kickers. Plus Barth has really cooled off after his hot start.

Edited by packersfan

I think I'm jumping on the Boswell train this week. 5 out of his last 7 games have been double digit points, with 22 FGA over the past 9 weeks to Prater's 16 and Barth's 21. The Pittsburgh offense seems to move the ball at will which means plenty of trips to field goal territory, and their offense is humming.

My only concern is their opponent this week is Cincy, which accounts for one of the games above where he did not have a double digit game. I anticipate that the combined score of both teams should be significantly greater (Pittsburgh scored only 10 points total that week, 4 of those belonging to Boswell), especially since that game was Big Ben's first back from injury and he seemed rusty to me.

Interesting. I'm deciding between Boswell and Prater. I think trying to predict match-ups is a fool's errand. To me, the decision comes down to a guy on a great offense who plays outdoors in a park notorious for being tough on kickers vs a more established guy in a so-so offense who plays the rest of his games in a dome.

Leaning Boswell right now. Trying not to overthink it too much.

Interesting. I'm deciding between Boswell and Prater. I think trying to predict match-ups is a fool's errand. To me, the decision comes down to a guy on a great offense who plays outdoors in a park notorious for being tough on kickers vs a more established guy in a so-so offense who plays the rest of his games in a dome.

BTW I follow the NFL/fantasy pretty closely, but a week ago I saw someone had Boswell on his roster and was like, "Who the heck is that?" Now I might be starting the guy in the playoffs.

I'm dropping Barth across the board after 4 weeks of disappointment.

Yeah I keep looking at the matchup and really want to go and get him but then I look at his production lately and it's real disappointing.

I picked up Barth right after his splurge of points, so you can blame me.

Tempted to roll with him one more week.

But Haushka and Nugent available. Both on offenses that are moving the ball pretty well right now. May go for one or both of those guys in two leagues.

Yeah I keep looking at the matchup and really want to go and get him but then I look at his production lately and it's real disappointing.

But Haushka and Nugent available. Both on offenses that are moving the ball pretty well right now. May go for one or both of those guys in two leagues.

I think Hauschka is the best kicker in that group but with Wilson playing lights out the FG chances have evaporated.

I'd probably go Nugent over Barth/Myers this week. That should be a shootout and I trust him more than Barth and Myers at this point.

I think Hauschka is the best kicker in that group but with Wilson playing lights out the FG chances have evaporated.

I'd probably go Nugent over Barth/Myers this week. That should be a shootout and I trust him more than Barth and Myers at this point.

Agreed. I had a choice between Boswell and Hauschka and chose Hauschka. I think the FG chances will return.

My choice is Myers or Barth. In my league we have to pay for Waiver Wire pickups once our FAAB money is gone so if I make the switch I have to pay to do it. If Barth hadn't become so average lately I'd do it without hesitation given the matchup this week. But I'm torn on whether to be cheap and hope Myers gets FG chances again or take a shot on the week's highest O/U game with the likely winning team's kicker. Right now I'm leaning toward cheap. :)

Agreed. I had a choice between Boswell and Hauschka and chose Hauschka. I think the FG chances will return.

In one of my two leagues, My first round playoff game is against Russell Wilson. Kind of feels nice knowing that if he stalls in the red zone you get 3 (hopefully), and if he throws or rushes for a TD, at least you are chipping away one point from that (hopefully).

I know, I know. Similar to the hedging your receivers against the starting quarterback people will say pick the kicker who will score the most points, but for football mojo and peace of mind, sometimes it feels good to own the kicker of the skill player you are going against.

Prater is piling up points the last few weeks since Jim Bob Cooter took over. Top kicker over the last few weeks. And Detroit has dome games during the playoffs. He stunk early so perhaps he's still on the wire.

this....the 3 dome games made it a done deal for me....I am picking him up wherever I can plugging him in and forgetting about....one less thing to worry about

Picked up Boswell this morning over Prater/Santos/McManus/Nugent. I didn't consider venue, so that's an interesting twist, but the upside of Pittsburgh's offense is too hard to pass up, and his FGA over the past several weeks made me lean towards him.

I think I've put more thought into my kicker this week than the rest of my positions combined. Sometimes fantasy football is the worst.

Prater is piling up points the last few weeks since Jim Bob Cooter took over. Top kicker over the last few weeks. And Detroit has dome games during the playoffs. He stunk early so perhaps he's still on the wire.

this....the 3 dome games made it a done deal for me....I am picking him up wherever I can plugging him in and forgetting about....one less thing to worry about

Is there any indication that this makes a significant difference, barring any extreme weather? In other words, assuming weather is mild to moderate, does a domed kicker really have a significant advantage over one kicking outdoors? It's definitely a consideration, and obviously favors the dome kicker, but I'm not sure the difference is enough to help me overcome the hesitations I have about Detroit's offense in general.

Edited by Moonshine

Anybody waiting for McManus to get back on track? I feel like once I drop him, he'll start kicking 50+ers again.

:hey:

I think I've posted I this thread at least for the last month Im dropping him for _____ ________. Never pulled the trigger. But that's because I'm in a league with a max transactions cap.

I'm on a bye and have one move left.

Edited by BobbyLayne

Is there any indication that this makes a significant difference, barring any extreme weather? In other words, assuming weather is mild to moderate, does a domed kicker really have a significant advantage over one kicking outdoors? It's definitely a consideration, and obviously favors the dome kicker, but I'm not sure the difference is enough to help me overcome the hesitations I have about Detroit's offense in general.

have no clue but it is worth something to me as well as it lets me focus on other things and not really worry about weather reports, streaming, over thinking matchups, making add/drops etc......can't tell you how many times I have tried to play matchups and would have been better off just leaving the other guy in.....conditions for all involved (snapper, holder, PK) will be perfect.....DET has been scoring and moving the ball and Prater can bomb it so they will let him rip....

As a tucker owner I grabbed Prater for playoff run.

My kicker is Bailey. Limited transaction league and I only have one left. I have a bye this week so don't have to do anything. Week 15 looks ok at home but he is at Buffalo championship week.

If Ingram hadn't went IR I wouldn't care and would be free to use my last move to change kickers. Don't know if I should pick up Hightower or a kicker.

Any weather concerns out there besides Green Bay and KC? I have Prater in as of now but weather seems better than normal for kicking for this time of year.

Is the weather bad enough in KC to worry about Santos.

Asking for a friend.

It is raining all day in KC with winds touching 15-16 MPH.

I went with Prater indoors vs a decimated Rams defense.

I too went with Prater.....passing on a few other trendy names, since he will be largely unaffected by weather the rest of the playoffs if I remember correctly.

Is it just me or have all the big name kickers been awful recently?

Gostkowski, Hauschka , Josh Brown, Tucker even Dan Bailey was poor until the last game.

Mason Crosby had one nice game in like the last 6.

I know its not the "trendy thing" to talk about how bad kickers have been, but the big name kickers have had bad weeks overall for the last 4-5 weeks in general.

TZM

Put me in the overthinking it crowd. I am deciding between Barth, Prater, Boswell and Myers. Currently going with Barth. Think TB will be able to move the ball but they haven't been the best red zone offense. NO gives up 1.2 points over average against kickers and when TB played NO in week 2 the kicker put up 14 points. Like I said, overthinking it.

Count me in as an official Barth curserer. Picked him up in week 10 after 4 double digit matches in a row, showed patience with him for a now 5 single digit matches in a row. Tried not to hop about chasing points to no reward at all.

People like Bothwell next week ? Ben should get them up the pitch and the Denver D should stall a few drives in FG range.

Count me in as an official Barth curserer. Picked him up in week 10 after 4 double digit matches in a row, showed patience with him for a now 5 single digit matches in a row. Tried not to hop about chasing points to no reward at all.

People like Bothwell next week ? Ben should get them up the pitch and the Denver D should stall a few drives in FG range.

I'm rolling out Boswell the rest of the way. Locking it in. One less thing to worry about, which is nice after losing Rawls, Dalton, and Stewart today. Fantasy football can be a real PITA sometimes.

I'm rolling out Boswell the rest of the way. Locking it in. One less thing to worry about, which is nice after losing Rawls, Dalton, and Stewart today. Fantasy football can be a real PITA sometimes.
Dropping Barth for him in the two leagues I have games next week.