What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (5 Viewers)

Jaguars K Josh Lambo has missed all three of his field goal attempts and two extra points through Week 3. 

Lambo has had a nightmarish start to the 2021 season after he beat out Aldrick Rosas for the team's starting job in training camp. He shanked two extra points in Week 3 against the Cardinals in what was a close game for three quarters. Whether Lambo continues kicking for the Jags in Week 4 is an open question. Look for the team to bring in competition this week. Meanwhile, Lambo is not a fantasy option. 

Sep 27, 2021, 8:41 AM ET

Tucker’s kick was crazy in my league. We voted in that every year we make the record-breaking FG a 4 point bonus. 

so that was a 10.6 point kick, as part of his 22+ point day for the dude with Tucker. 

On my IDP roster only 4 players topped 22 points & one of them was Stafford. 
😳

Just an absolute monster day for a kicker. 

Time to give up on McPherson?
I swapped him for Joseph in one league, holding onto him in another because I missed out on Carlson.  Such a fluky position, any team in the NFL has the ability to have a "divisible by 7" score which means a couple PAT's only for your K.  Makes me irrationally angry when you've got a guy who has only kicked 3 PAT's all game, and his team is down by some weird score and decides to go for 2 so you don't even get that 1 more point.  I'm 100% on board with eliminating the K position these days

I swapped him for Joseph in one league, holding onto him in another because I missed out on Carlson.  Such a fluky position, any team in the NFL has the ability to have a "divisible by 7" score which means a couple PAT's only for your K.  Makes me irrationally angry when you've got a guy who has only kicked 3 PAT's all game, and his team is down by some weird score and decides to go for 2 so you don't even get that 1 more point.  I'm 100% on board with eliminating the K position these days

It can get ridiculous at times, seemingly to ALWAYS start a 3-5 point guy at K.

I have McPherson going tonight in my biggest $$$ league and I need a win, currently sitting at 1-2 in what looks to be a close fantasy matchup this week.

I ALSO DEBATED picking up Joseph, but I think I may hold on McPherson since they are playing the Jags.

Others I am contemplating streaming are DUSTIN HOPKINS @ ATL.........RODRIGO BLANKENSHIP @ MIA ....... or possibly TRISTAN VIZCAINO vs Da RAIDERS . 

I think the Chargers are poised to start scoring in bunches......my only fear is that they might just ALL be TDs.

I started off with Blankenship in most every league I'm in, but I cut bait after week 1.    I might snag him after week 5, knowing he has  HOUSTON, NY JETS and the JAGS in 3 of their next 5 weeks.

Anyone got a dart board?      :excited:

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
49ers K Robbie Gould (groin) is expected to "miss some time."

The word is 3-5 weeks. Gould was injured in pregame warmups ahead of the Week 4 loss to the Seahawks. The 49ers are going to have to bring in a kicker while the 38-year-old is out.

SOURCE: David Lombardi on Twitter

Oct 4, 2021, 6:51 PM ET

49ers placed K Robbie Gould (groin) on injured reserve.

As expected. Joey Slye, most recently with the Texans this year, was signed to replace Gould, who was injured during pregame warmups of San Francisco's Week 4 loss to Seattle. He'll be eligible to come off injured reserve in Week 9.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 5, 2021, 5:31 PM ET

Saints released K Aldrick Rosas.

Rosas sealed his own fate by missing three field goals in New Orleans' last two games, the latest being a whiff from 58-yards out on Sunday. Veteran Cody Parkey was signed to take his place while Wil Lutz remains on injured reserve.

SOURCE: Mike Triplett on Twitter

Oct 5, 2021, 5:04 PM ET

Saints signed K Cody Parkey.

Parkey will immediately take the place of Aldrick Rosas, who was released after missing three field goals in New Orleans' last two games (including a 58-yard try in Week 4). Starting K Wil Lutz remains on injured reserve for an indefinite period of time following core muscle injury in August.

Oct 5, 2021, 5:08 PM ET

Who do we like this weekend. I dropped Succop for Hopkins right before his big game last week, but I'm liking the looks of McLaughlin and Joseph. I like accurate guys from 50 yards out. 

Who do we like this weekend. I dropped Succop for Hopkins right before his big game last week, but I'm liking the looks of McLaughlin and Joseph. I like accurate guys from 50 yards out. 
As a Skins/WFT fan I can tell you that Hopkins is definitely not accurate from 5 yards out. The fact is they rarely let him test long distances since he has no range whatsoever. He’s made this bones being relatively accurate from the 50 in. But over the last year and a half he’s been shaky at best, missing some big kicks. I’ve been advocating they bring in some competition for him, but Rivera is apparently content to wait until he actually blows a game for us this year. Bottom line is I think Hopkins is a stay away.

Weird question.

I tend to look at future matchups in the yahoo app to see who’s on bye, and guess which matchups I may win.

Nick Folk in every future week has a zero next to his name. No other kickers are like this.

Is it because of his questionable tag? Questionable skill players don’t get this treatment.

Ultimately, It doesn’t really matter, I just found it odd and wondered if someone might know the answer.

Weird question.

I tend to look at future matchups in the yahoo app to see who’s on bye, and guess which matchups I may win.

Nick Folk in every future week has a zero next to his name. No other kickers are like this.

Is it because of his questionable tag? Questionable skill players don’t get this treatment.

Ultimately, It doesn’t really matter, I just found it odd and wondered if someone might know the answer.
My take after a lil research told me NE K Quinn Nordin is on IR and they brought in Folk to temporarily replace him therefore he shows 0, 0, 0 from there on out. What actually happens I don't know. Folk was listed as questionable but appears primed for a good game this week.

Sometimes I take notice to MNF and do I have anyone going in that game. Then when I glance at my opponent finally I also want to know when their team players are also playing and I look at MNF. When I see I don't have a player going and they do I wonder if any kind of pivot would make sense to get a player in the line up for MNF for the fun and potential thrill. Silly logic I know.

This week my opponent has M Brown going BAL.

I could pivot to Blankenship off of Carlson. Another reason is I'm also starting Jacobs at RB for OAK. 

EDIT: Then I notice Greg Joseph, K MIN is still sitting out there against the Lions, my team lol. That's 1:00 p.m. game and I don't envision playing Joseph that much if ever again if that was the pivot.

Sometimes I take notice to MNF and do I have anyone going in that game. Then when I glance at my opponent finally I also want to know when their team players are also playing and I look at MNF. When I see I don't have a player going and they do I wonder if any kind of pivot would make sense to get a player in the line up for MNF for the fun and potential thrill. Silly logic I know.

This week my opponent has M Brown going BAL.

I could pivot to Blankenship off of Carlson. Another reason is I'm also starting Jacobs at RB for OAK. 

EDIT: Then I notice Greg Joseph, K MIN is still sitting out there against the Lions, my team lol. That's 1:00 p.m. game and I don't envision playing Joseph that much if ever again if that was the pivot.

It's still early but with 4 games data we can start looking at FGA to opponents and FF Points allowed to K. In past years those have been decent predictive indicators.

For this week, Carlson is up against CHI, which has 7 FGA allowed and has given up the 5th most FFPA to K. 

Goggles is going against BAL, which has 3 FGA allowed and has given up the 25th most FFPA to K. 

But the Raiders K has two tough matchups coming up after this week - DEN is 30th and PHI 25th.

Cult hero has HOUS (13th) and SF (16th) Weeks 6 & 7.

ETA: for clarity the first part should read FGA allowed. IOW it’s important to look not at field goals allowed but field goal attempts allowed. This usually indicates a defense that has been but not break, who tends to tighten up and stop teams that have driven into their territory. Historically this is been a very good indicator.

My take after a lil research told me NE K Quinn Nordin is on IR and they brought in Folk to temporarily replace him therefore he shows 0, 0, 0 from there on out. What actually happens I don't know. Folk was listed as questionable but appears primed for a good game this week.
Thanks. The Nordin coming back from IR makes perfect sense and likely what their projections are based off of. 

I think we got on the wrong Mc. 

Chase McLaughlin gets no love but he’s been good and I don’t see any reason it won’t continue. 

Considering a pivot to Succup vs MIA. Can't imagine MIA will be able to possess the ball much. TB should be able to just lean on this team. Maybe stumble in the redzone and give Succup above average opportunities. Was originally starting Butker but weather looks terrible.

Saints placed Cody Parkey (groin) on injured reserve. 

Parkey hurt his groin in pregame warmups before the Saints' Week 5 win against Washington. He played through the injury and missed two of his five extra point attempts in his only game with New Orleans. The team hopes to get Wil Lutz (groin) back from IR after their Week 6 bye. Lutz wouldn't be a priority add in fantasy leagues. The Saints have attempted four field goals in five games. 

RELATED: 

Wil Lutz

Oct 12, 2021, 12:21 PM ET

Drop Carlson for Folk or see if Raiders bounce back?
Folk is quietly the second leading kicker in my league. Behind Bass. Every matchup looks bad on paper but bad offenses produce kicker scores. He also can be scary to watch his games becuase the Pats always seem to start out so slow, but weasel their way back into games. Good news is that Bellichek doesn’t seem scared to play traditional football and take his points when he can. It won him the game against the Texans. 

Having said that… his matchup against the Cowboys still scares me a bit. But I’m rolling with him until he proves me wrong.

Colts signed K Mike Badgley to the practice squad.

Badgley is insurance should Rodrigo Blankenship need to miss this week's game against the Texans with his hip injury that clearly hampered him this past Monday night against the Ravens.

Oct 13, 2021, 7:50 PM ET

I see the winds of this thread are telling me to go, McLaughlin these days, but yet I still am going Crosby week 6, I expect this to by Chicago Bears putting some good D out there and GB struggling in the Redzone(Bears fan here and it would make me happy). 

Overall, Kickers are very puzzling. Missed out on Folk, but I'm not convinced he is this year's Koo. I had hoped McPherson, but his Meme worthy miss makes me think this guy's mentality is at all time low due to humiliation of that moment. This is what Kicker analysis is to me(it literally is the worst among all the positions).

Rodrigo is who I would want if his hip is 100%. So maybe in a week or 2 when he is healthy I will ride with him and I can stop thinking about kickers. 

“Money Badger” (one of the most embarrassing nicknames out there, especially since he gave it to himself) signs with the Colts. Anything to see here?

I'm considering dropping Carlson, but I feel like he is due to have a good week. Raiders come out ready to play under new coach? 

“Money Badger” (one of the most embarrassing nicknames out there, especially since he gave it to himself) signs with the Colts. Anything to see here?
If blankenship is out, badgley's gonna be my guy this week. 

If blankenship is active, I'm not going to trust him. Will pivot to another team entirely.

Colts declared K Rodrigo Blankenship (hip) out against the Texans.

Blankenship did not look right on Monday Night Football, and will now miss at least a week of action. Around The NFL has reported that the Colts have worked out Brett Maher and Michael Badgley as potential replacements. The Colts offense lacks the potency to make the their new kicker particularly relevant, but the Texans do at least play in a dome, which is good place to kick footballs.

SOURCE: Stephen Holder on Twitter

Oct 15, 2021, 2:08 PM ET

With Blankenship out, is Badgely a safe pick?  Heard he missed a FG and XP earlier this year.  WW isnt inspiring.  Picked up the CIN K, but thinking he'll see more XP opportunities than FG.

in my long time redraft I had Succop for the first two week and he scored 7 (lost by 0.14) and 5 (lost by 7.79.)

cut him, of course he goes off for three weeks while Carlson gets 12 then 2 then 3

so back to Succop Week 6, four PATs 

:confetti:

Kickers are stupid

except for McAfee and he's retired

Saints designated Wil Lutz (groin) to return from injured reserve.

Lutz will return to practice this week after missing the Saints' first five games of the season while recovering from core muscle surgery. Aldrick Rosas opened the year as New Orleans' starting kicker before getting cut. Cody Parkey was then signed but landed on injured reserve after one game. If healthy, the timing on Lutz's return will work out perfectly. He has a 21-day window to be officially activated. 

SOURCE: Katherine Terrell on Twitter

Oct 18, 2021, 4:51 PM ET

I like the idea of adding Lutz but NO has only attempted 4 FGs this year in 5 games. Is that due to their lack of confidence in their kickers or the function of the offense?

I like the idea of adding Lutz but NO has only attempted 4 FGs this year in 5 games. Is that due to their lack of confidence in their kickers or the function of the offense?
Payton keeps calling the Winston TD pass play. 

Been a weird, disjointed year for the Saints from my perspective. Wonder how their fans feel. Must be strange seeing Brees in a suit every week.

I have always loved Lutz, big leg and good under pressure. But it’s all about opportunities and like you noted, low FGA so far. Maybe that’s an ebb and tide thing which about to normalize.

:shrug:

Been a weird, disjointed year for the Saints from my perspective. Wonder how their fans feel. Must be strange seeing Brees in a suit every week.

I have always loved Lutz, big leg and good under pressure. But it’s all about opportunities and like you noted, low FGA so far. Maybe that’s an ebb and tide thing which about to normalize.

As I normally do, I dumped my current kicker (McManus) into waivers to prioritize other pickups.

I'm a HUGE underdog this week due to injuries and bye issues and thinking of just hanging tight until Monday to grab either Lutz or J. Meyers. If my game is competitive, I'll grab one. If not...F it...leave it open or look to next week where I have far less issues. Week 7 could be a sacrificial lamb for me.

Something to think about if you play the K game like I do.

From Rotoworld: 

Washington released K Dustin Hopkins and signed K Chris Blewitt.

Hopkins had been Washington's kicker since 2015, making 84% of his field goal attempts. Coming off a down year in 2020, Washington decided to move on from the 31 year old, following a week when Hopkins missed a 42 yard attempt against the Chiefs. Blewitt made 70% of his career field goal attempts in a four year career at Pittsburgh. He has yet to log a professionaLattempt, but that will likely change against the Packers in Week 7.

LOL;   only the WFT would sign a kicker with the last name Blewitt. 

As I normally do, I dumped my current kicker (McManus) into waivers to prioritize other pickups.

I'm a HUGE underdog this week due to injuries and bye issues and thinking of just hanging tight until Monday to grab either Lutz or J. Meyers. If my game is competitive, I'll grab one. If not...F it...leave it open or look to next week where I have far less issues. Week 7 could be a sacrificial lamb for me.

Something to think about if you play the K game like I do.
Well, well, well there are more of us out there, except I am also in the hunt and playing to win this week. My dilemma is I don't want to drop DAL D. I picked up CAR D and dropped McManus. The rest of my bench is too good to drop anyone. Either wait and see or I am looking at a 3 for 2 or 2 for 1 trade so I can pick up a kicker.

I wasn’t sure if Payton was just being more aggressive closer to the end zone (as the current kickers were only 1-4) or the offense was more efficient.

Nick Folk (knee) was limited at Wednesday's practice. 

Folk, third in the league in field goal attempts through six weeks, was listed on New England's injury report with a left knee issue. His status is worth monitoring ahead of a superb Week 7 matchup against the Jets, who have allowed 3.2 field goal tries per game this season. 

SOURCE: Patriots.com 

Oct 20, 2021, 8:45 PM ET

Crosby I figure has had his bad week.  He is my play this week.  I had been targeting kickers playing Detroit, and had McPherson last week, however Gay is already rostered.

I’ve owned Folk all year. He gets moved to a questionable tag every week. And then back to healthy on game day.

I’m not sure why. But never seems to be an issue.
I'm looking at adding Folk and have noticed the Q tag on him, then healthy. It must be a Patriot thing if someone is experiencing a certain amount of pain in one of his knees, or both idk? He's the best "rated" kicker left on my list. Lutz used to entice me a few years ago, but Saints are a different team, and coming off IR doesn't exactly excite me, but MNF does, who knows. Whomever I pick could be a streamer or a hold. 

Users who are viewing this thread