Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Cooper Kupp

Penguin

Cooper Kupp (knee) returned to limited practice Wednesday.

This puts Kupp on track to return after missing the last two weeks. Coach Sean McVay has already said there's a "good chance" Kupp plays Sunday. Even at less than 100 percent, Kupp will be in the WR2 mix in what should be a high-scoring game with the Saints.

Oct 31 - 6:09 PM

Any news on Kupp besides what we are seeing? Is he 100 percent today? He isn’t anywhere on the injury report, but who knows what that really means.

He is also an honarary captain today because his grandpa played for the Saints. Interesting...

1 minute ago, Nemesis said:

idk either.....i see projections on him all over the map and i have other good options so i'm sitting him again this week.

I just want to play him so badly - against New Orleans - this could be huge.

Right now I have him in over E. Sanders. But I’m not too bright.

1 minute ago, kutta said:

I just want to play him so badly - against New Orleans - this could be huge.

Right now I have him in over E. Sanders. But I’m not too bright.

I have K.Allen and J.Edelman in and could add Kupp as a flex vs Dion Lewis if i change my mind

6 minutes ago, kutta said:

Any news on Kupp besides what we are seeing? Is he 100 percent today? He isn’t anywhere on the injury report, but who knows what that really means.

He is also an honarary captain today because his grandpa played for the Saints. Interesting...

Fox pregame said he will be playing with no limitations.

• Like 1

Just now, FreeBaGeL said:

The good news is all the really bad injuries this year have ended up being minor, and most of the major injuries have been on plays that looked like no big deal.

Yeah I may be jumping the gun.  But non contact, down in a heap, shaking head.   All the signs 

:sadbanana:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 19m19 minutes ago

#Rams WR Cooper Kupp suffered a knee injury today and sources say the initial concern is that it is a torn ACL. He’ll have an MRI tomorrow, but this explains why coach Sean McVay said it was “not good.” A potential big loss for a top team.

3 hours ago, LaFours said:

Owner in my dynasty league just cut him. I’m blowing the rest of my faab in hopes to snag him, my season is just about done sitting at 5-5 two games back with 4 to go.

That owner needs to be removed from the league. Why would anyone do that in a dynasty league?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Cooper Kupp said he is "where [he is] supposed to be" in his recovery from an ACL tear.

Four months removed from the injury, Kupp has recently resumed running. "I feel good," Kupp said. "Now, to get back on the field and put cleats on for the first time since the injury, it feels like it really just kind of refreshes things and gives me some new motivation to be able to go attack this thing." Coach Sean McVay recently expressed optimism Kupp would be ready for training camp, and it seems like he is on that track. Kupp was on an 80-1,132-12 pace through eight games last season.

SOURCE: therams.com

Mar 21, 2019, 7:47 AM

23 hours ago, fruity pebbles said:

It certainly appeared he was the glue that kept that offense together

Yep I stated it multiple times here.  Kupp’s importance to Goff and this offense can not be understated.  He’s the clutch go to guy when they need a first down and he was/is a red zone target beast.  

Edited by dkp993
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Rams coach Sean McVay said Cooper Kupp (knee) is "making good progress."

Kupp is five months removed from ACL surgery. He's been setback free in his rehab and has a chance to be ready for training camp. There's been no concern over Kupp's status from the Rams. Kupp was on pace for a 80/1,132/12 line before going down in Week 10 last year.

Apr 12, 2019, 5:04 PM

Rams coach Sean McVay said the goal for Cooper Kupp is to have him ready for Week 1.

Kupp has been setback-free in his rehab from ACL surgery thus far and is currently considered questionable for training camp. If the goal is to have him ready to play in Week 1, though, it's likely the team holds him out for their four preseason contests against the Raiders, Cowboys, Broncos, and Texans. Jared Goff stands to benefit the most with Kupp back as he averaged a breezy 329.6 yards and 2.1 touchdowns in eight games with his stud slot wideout on the field compared to 256.3 and 1.8 in the eight outings Kupp missed last year.

SOURCE: Ryan Kartje on Twitter

Apr 15, 2019, 3:07 PM

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:29 PM, dkp993 said:

Yep I stated it multiple times here.  Kupp’s importance to Goff and this offense can not be understated.  He’s the clutch go to guy when they need a first down and he was/is a red zone target beast.  

Seemed like he fell off big time a little bit after Kupp went down.

I love him in dynasty.  He'll be 26 this year.  The ACL will be a distant memory at 27, and he'll be a big part of one of the best offenses in the league.  If he's there, perhaps the offense runs smoother and the Rams win the Super Bowl.  He's Goff's safety blanket, and he clearly missed him a lot down the stretch. 

For redraft, I'm having a hard time with exactly where to rank him.  He's got the ability to be the best FF WR on the rams.  If he isn't coming off an ACL tear, he's probably top 10-12.  I've probably got him at WR16-18 now.  He's someone everyone knows about, you're not getting a major discount.

Cooper Kupp (ACL) said he's taking his recovery "day-by-day."

Kupp has been working off to the side with trainers during OTAs, only joining the team for their jog-thru, though the third-year slot man is still "on track" for Week 1. "It’s just about attacking this week, attacking the day as best as I possibly can," said Kupp, who was averaging 70.1 yards per game last year before tearing his ACL in Week 10. "I feel good about where I'm at." Kupp will probably be a spectator for most of OTAs, though he should get more work in when training camp opens this summer.

May 24, 2019, 3:20 PM ET

• 1 month later...

Cooper Kupp (knee) will avoid the active/PUP list to open training camp.

Kupp tore his ACL on November 11 and worked off to the side at OTAs and minicamp. It's obviously great news for Kupp and the Rams that he's ready for the start of camp, but the team plans to "measure" his workload this summer. Kupp is currently being drafted as a back-end WR2. Before his injury last year, Kupp was on pace for an 80-1,132-12 line through eight games.

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Jul 23, 2019, 8:52 PM ET

4 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

Why this is huge news is that Kupp doesnt rely on speed for his game. Hes a very good route runner and hes shifty. I dont think he would need to be "eased in" like a wr who relies on speed. This news is huge for Kupp

Couldn't the ACL affect his shiftiness? 

I like him enough to have drafted him in a recent dynasty, but there is some concern. 

• Like 1