What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Cooper Kupp, LAR (2 Viewers)

This past week I got two trade offers for him in my dynasty league - one for a 2nd and one for a 2nd and a third.  

Hopefully I won't get any more "buy low" offers the rest of the season after this week.
Those are ridiculously poor offers. It's amazing people throw those things out there.

i have decided that his nickname should be cooper scooper coffee kupp it has a good ring to it and it tells you that he is a brohan who will take it to the bank 

Oh, ouch!!  Lost the game, lost first place, now could fall out of the playoffs.  All because of one fat zero.  Maybe Kupp ain't all we cracked him up to be.  May not be a #1 receiver.  

Cooper Kupp failed to make a single catch on his four targets in the Rams' Week 10 loss to the Steelers.

Even Kupp, who was averaging 7.3 receptions per game this season, can fall victim to "Road Goff", but there was no way to expect a complete donut in the box score. The Steelers have historically struggled against slot receivers and Brandin Cooks (concussion) was out, so this was a complete outlier performance. Kupp and the Rams will be heading home next week to face the Bears. Expect a bounceback performance from Kupp as a WR1/2, but it's clear that his range of outcomes are wider than expected given Goff's 2019 level of play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, ouch!!  Lost the game, lost first place, now could fall out of the playoffs.  All because of one fat zero.  Maybe Kupp ain't all we cracked him up to be.  May not be a #1 receiver.  
Even after this 0 he's still going to be a top 10 wr at weeks end (plus the 0 from the bye).  So no, he's all we cracked him up to be.  It was just a bad game because of Goff.

Steelers admitted he was focus of their D and often doubled him ....... Cooks taking the top off & lack of running threat/ play action isn't helping  (OL is kind of junky too) ..... bad weeks happen -- he will still get his more often than not though 

SWC, big fan here but I have to say that this is one of your worst offerings ever.
this is where you and i part ways amigo if you cant say cooper scooper coffee cupp and feel a little bit of happy then you are dead inside and maybe in the spirit of the holidays you should spend time volunteering at a soup kitchen or a homeless sheltor and then maybe just then on christmas you will hear a bell ring and realize how great that nickname is so remember it is only november and there is still time take that to the bank brohan 

Like others have said, it’s Goff. Sure, the Steelers did a good job in defending him, but it was still Goff. 
Steelers showed the blueprint on how to stop the Rams.  Good pass rush on Goff and bracket/double team Kupp. 

The remaining schedule is CHI,  BAL,  at AZ, SEA, at DAL, at SF, AZ.   Next 4 games aren't too bad, with 3 of them in LA.   But at DAL and at SF in weeks 15-16 during the the fantasy playoffs is brutal.  On the road (and Goff is horrible on the road) against good teams with good pass rushes.  While it won't get worse for Kupp, I would be tempering my expectations going forward.

35-33-27-26 and a couple other double digit PPR this season.

Don't act like the sky is falling. Nobody is trading this guy away, everyone try to remember the weeks he saved you or won you the game. 

Relax

Cooper Kupp (illness) did not practice Friday but is expected to play Week 11 against the Bears.

NFL players play through the stomach bug, so this is nothing to worry about. Kupp will be on the WR1/2 borderline against a tough Bears defense. The slot receiver needs Jared Goff to elevate his play to reach early-season levels of production.

SOURCE: Rams on Twitter

Nov 15, 2019, 4:57 PM ET

Cooper Kupp caught three passes for 53 yards in Week 11 against Chicago.

It’s a middling game for Kupp after he was held catchless last week. Kupp had a touchdown overturned, getting ruled just short of the goal-line at the end of a 50-yard catch. The three target are disappointing with Brandin Cooks and Robert Woods both sidelined, but the Rams went run-heavy in this one, with Jared Goff attempting just 18 passes. Kupp will be a WR2 for a Monday night matchup with the Ravens in Week 12.

Nov 17, 2019, 11:34 PM ET

Cooper Kupp caught 6-of-10 targets for 35 yards in the Rams' Week 12 loss to the Ravens.

Kupp led the Rams in targets but has now been held to 53 scoreless yards or fewer in four of the last five games with a 7-220-1 day against the Bengals as the lone exception. An every-week WR1 the first month-and-a-half of the season, Kupp has fallen way back with the massive drop-off in Jared Goff's play. He'll be a WR2/3 next week in a plus draw against the Cardinals.

Traded for him two weeks ago. Had no idea Goff was as bad as he is. I mean, I knew he was bad but he's Trubisky in yellow. 

Anyone else dare replace him this week.  I know Arizona has a bad defense.  Don't want this to be a WDIS, so I won't say my possible replacements yet, just a discussion if he is sittable for someone playing a bit hotter or on the waiver wire (thin, of course, but does include Robby Anderson and A.J. Brown.  There are others that would be startable in a pinch, but not to put in for Kupp.

Anyone else dare replace him this week.  I know Arizona has a bad defense.  Don't want this to be a WDIS, so I won't say my possible replacements yet, just a discussion if he is sittable for someone playing a bit hotter or on the waiver wire (thin, of course, but does include Robby Anderson and A.J. Brown.  There are others that would be startable in a pinch, but not to put in for Kupp.
I don't need the win this week, already clinched, so I am likely starting him. If he puts up hardly anything, then he may be on the bench for G Tate as he has Seattle Week 14.  

I don't need the win this week, already clinched, so I am likely starting him. If he puts up hardly anything, then he may be on the bench for G Tate as he has Seattle Week 14.  
I forgot to mention - win I'm in the playoffs, lose I'm likely out.  Prediction on the game by Yahoo (pfft) has us rated even, so every point counts.  And apparently they haven't noticed the Rams the past few weeks as they still have his projs in top 5 (so does FBGs I think).  Could be the Arizona thing, but it's at Ari, so there's Road Goff to consider.  So I will torture myself about it all week.

Road Goff isn’t good, nor is Home Goff against good defenses. The only remaining game that doesn’t fit either of those descriptions is in Week 17. 

This week I’m playing Kupp @Ari because I’ve clinched, but I’m likely to sit him for the fantasy playoffs.

Anyone else dare replace him this week.  I know Arizona has a bad defense.  Don't want this to be a WDIS, so I won't say my possible replacements yet, just a discussion if he is sittable for someone playing a bit hotter or on the waiver wire (thin, of course, but does include Robby Anderson and A.J. Brown.  There are others that would be startable in a pinch, but not to put in for Kupp.
I have TY on my bench. So definitely tempting.

Road Goff isn’t good, nor is Home Goff against good defenses. The only remaining game that doesn’t fit either of those descriptions is in Week 17. 

This week I’m playing Kupp @Ari because I’ve clinched, but I’m likely to sit him for the fantasy playoffs.
IN the same boat...clinched but cannot see me putting him in Week 14.  Sucks, spent some good draft capital for next year on this guy.  Hopefully this is a one year wake up call for Goff and that O-coordinator.  

Users who are viewing this thread