What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Cooper Kupp, LAR (2 Viewers)

Great coaching, funny how they just phased their best receiver right out their weekly game plans. But wait, Mcvay is a genius. Oh that's right, they are missing the playoffs. what a dope.
Did Robert Woods get hurt again? I mean, if you look at it Gurley has always made the offense go. They are running formations to cater to their best player Gurley.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you call Robert woods their best wr???
I'm not talking about talent; I'm talking about their role in the offense. Woods and Cooks were the starters with Kupp in the slot. With Cooks disappearing Kupp obviously rose to importance not only as a slot guy but as an overall receiver. Last 2-3 games they have featured a lot more Woods with Highbee playing heavily and Reynolds playing over Kupp.

Sometimes we have to detach ourselves from players and chart trends and usage, and that has been favoring Woods and Gurley for awhile. Heck, Kupp isn't even the most important WR in this offense right now, and unless McVay makes some change that trend is going to continue to the next game.

I'm not talking about talent; I'm talking about their role in the offense. Woods and Cooks were the starters with Kupp in the slot. With Cooks disappearing Kupp obviously rose to importance not only as a slot guy but as an overall receiver. Last 2-3 games they have featured a lot more Woods with Highbee playing heavily and Reynolds playing over Kupp.

Sometimes we have to detach ourselves from players and chart trends and usage, and that has been favoring Woods and Gurley for awhile. Heck, Kupp isn't even the most important WR in this offense right now, and unless McVay makes some change that trend is going to continue to the next game.
Yeah, that's working for the sorry rams right now. Because you absolutely want Reynolds playing more than kupp, lol.

irish eyes said:
Yeah, that's working for the sorry rams right now. Because you absolutely want Reynolds playing more than kupp, lol.
It worked the last 3 games so... yeah? Again, they didn't lose this game because Kupp didn't play 80%+ of the snaps, they lost because they pressured Goff heavily and we all know Goff wilts under any pressure.

The Frankman said:

I just don't understand how removing your qbs safety valve and best rac option helps a team get over its offensive line deficiencies.

Cooks going missing I understand, he's had his brains scrambled this season and hasn't looked right since.  Kupp on the other hand came back from his injury stronger than he was last year.  The final drive of the Dallas game (thank you garbage time) showed that funneling the offense through him works.

To me this is just McVay outsmarting himself.

I just don't understand how removing your qbs safety valve and best rac option helps a team get over its offensive line deficiencies.

Cooks going missing I understand, he's had his brains scrambled this season and hasn't looked right since.  Kupp on the other hand came back from his injury stronger than he was last year.  The final drive of the Dallas game (thank you garbage time) showed that funneling the offense through him works.

this. there is no explanation for why they've gone away from funneling the offense through Kupp

To be fair the safety valve in this offense is Gurley and now Tyler Higbee, who has put up some monster numbers recently. Woods has been a beast since he came back and it was outlined why they like Reynolds. Also, that final drive was a hurry up (which Kupp played a ton in last week also) in a garbage time situation, he starts in hurry-up/no-huddle situations.

Here's what it comes down to; if nothing changes during the week (offense philosophy change, injuries) Goff and the Rams will face the Niners in San Francisco. Kupp owners... knowing what you know about Goff, pressure, and the recent trends... anyone starting Kupp in the fantasy Championship or in DFS? I wouldn't.

I’ll have to pick between Kupp and Odell next week, as long as kamara and Thomas don’t score more then 78 points, probably still leaning Kupp right now

Here's what it comes down to; if nothing changes during the week (offense philosophy change, injuries) Goff and the Rams will face the Niners in San Francisco. Kupp owners... knowing what you know about Goff, pressure, and the recent trends... anyone starting Kupp in the fantasy Championship or in DFS? I wouldn't.
Considering I may have just lost Godwin I may be forced to.

Considering I may have just lost Godwin I may be forced to.
Lost Godwin as well. However I will likely be sitting Kupp and Godwin (IR) for Gallup and AJ Brown. 

Gallup almost laid an egg today. 

SF isnt impossible to beat, but I'm not sure I can count on garbage time again. 

Lost Godwin as well. However I will likely be sitting Kupp and Godwin (IR) for Gallup and AJ Brown. 

Gallup almost laid an egg today. 

SF isnt impossible to beat, but I'm not sure I can count on garbage time again. 
Man I wish I had a bench.  This is my dynasty league where despite doing my best to tank I managed to make it into the finals of the losers bowl.

:violin:

Insein said:
Went back and forth this morning about benching him for Anthony Miller. Ultimately stuck with him because if what Beasley did against Dallas. Mistake probably cost me the win. 
And it did. Thanks to Duck Hodges giving away points left and right last night. This move with Kupp cost me a shot at the title. 

What a season.

On 2 of my championship game teams. One I have to pick between him and Odell, leaning Odell right now with the hope the browns are passing all day against the ravens and the other he’s gonna be sitting for marquise brown. 

On 2 of my championship game teams. One I have to pick between him and Odell, leaning Odell right now with the hope the browns are passing all day against the ravens and the other he’s gonna be sitting for marquise brown. 
Of those 2 OBJ deserves the least trust.

What’s Marquise done to earn that trust? Last three games he’s had one yard, negative two yards and forty five yards. 

Of those 2 OBJ deserves the least trust.
I don’t trust either but I don’t think Kupp got a target till the last couple drives which is crazy and not something I wanna see happen again. I don’t want to sit him, he’s one of my favorite players and a guy I have in every league but the rams have been stupid in how they are using him.

What’s Marquise done to earn that trust? Last three games he’s had one yard, negative two yards and forty five yards. 
And last 2 games Kupp has scored all of his points in like the last 5 minutes of the game. I don’t want to have to sweat that out anymore. I haven’t been able to watch his games but thought someone posted that he only played 30% of the snaps week 14 and I’m guessing it had to be similar this week considering I don’t think I saw him have a point until late in the 4th. I’d love to play him and have confidence in him and it’s not kupps talent. It’s the rams use of him

And last 2 games Kupp has scored all of his points in like the last 5 minutes of the game. I don’t want to have to sweat that out anymore. I haven’t been able to watch his games but thought someone posted that he only played 30% of the snaps week 14 and I’m guessing it had to be similar this week considering I don’t think I saw him have a point until late in the 4th. I’d love to play him and have confidence in him and it’s not kupps talent. It’s the rams use of him
he played way more snaps but was largely ignored

I haven't seen game breakdown vids to see what was different, but Woods played 100%, Reynolds 36% and Cooks 71%. So playing time wasn't the issue this week so much as Woods, Higbee and Gurley are soaking up targets. Not sure who was on him (think it was Chidobe Awuzie), but Dallas maybe shifted coverage over Kupp.

sure, if he didnt play 92% of the snaps...

However, who is 100% week 15?
Exactly, there are lots of guys across the NFL playing at less than 100% and receiving a full compliment of snaps. It's that time of the year. Kupp has looked a bit off ever since the Bengals game. 

I have Tyler Boyd and Terry McLaurin in over him right now.  However SF has given up 41 points to Julio last week and 33 points to Michael Thomas the week before...

Sherman is back but he’s probably on woods.   Bosa will be in goffs lap all day which means he’s gonna need to dump it off fast.  Perriman I set up to be a trap play.  

Early this season vs SF, Kupp had 5.7, Woods 7.6 and Cooks 6.2.  Goff is playing better now then he was then, but it should give you pause.

I’d be ok starting him but have some decent options so leaning away from him but still doing analysis 

Kupp must not be 100% ala Gurley last season. It is the only explanation. 
Guess it could be a reason, I also think it’s more just Mcvay trying to “outsmart” people and trying to prove that his system can work with anyone and right now he is pushing the ball to higbee for some reason

My options are Kupp, Thielen, Washington, Conley.  If Charks out I’m going Conley if not then I’m torn about the remaining three.

Kills me I traded Sanders and Terry for this guy a week before his demise. Could've kept Sanders next year but that crowded backfield turned me off. I'm am a dummy.

Users who are viewing this thread