Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

WR Cooper Kupp, LAR


Penguin

Recommended Posts

BTW Yes I know Goff sucks. But also keep in mind, Kupp's 3 game slump also coincided with the Rams facing three tremendous pass defenses that can rush the QB (PIT, CHI, BAL). I don't think they will have that issue the next two weeks (vs ARI & SEA) even if they are on the road. Looking forward, I think hes a start the next two weeks and a bench the final two weeks (vs DAL, SF).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, shadyridr said:

BTW Yes I know Goff sucks. But also keep in mind, Kupp's 3 game slump also coincided with the Rams facing three tremendous pass defenses that can rush the QB (PIT, CHI, BAL). I don't think they will have that issue the next two weeks (vs ARI & SEA) even if they are on the road. Looking forward, I think hes a start the next two weeks and a bench the final two weeks (vs DAL, SF).

Why not Seattle?  They have an above average D and they are at home pushing for playoff position against a crumbling LAR team NOT pushing for playoff position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Down Under said:

Why not Seattle?  They have an above average D and they are at home pushing for playoff position against a crumbling LAR team NOT pushing for playoff position.

Seattle's defense is pretty bad. He torched them last time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oddsbodkins said:

Had that one drive else he's a blocking back now.

Yep he is nothing more than a 5 for 50 player now. Geez my entire dynasty team is garbage. And if you think I'm exaggerating look at this.. goff, russell Wilson,  Barkley,  kerryon Johnson,  kupp, juju, davante, lockett..absolute pile of trash when I thought I would walk away with the title.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Unfortunately I still may have to start him next week. I went from stacked WRs of Adams, Kupp, TY, and Chark to now wondering if I should bench them all except Adams. 

I have most of the same WRs and even even davante is nothing but a check down now, although he did score twice today. But if he doesn't score you're looking at squat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Cobbler1 said:

Uhhhh he’s barely playing. Reynolds is on the field more, they’re going 2 TEs a lot, and Higbee/Woods get every target.

Is Cooks even in?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Cooper Kupp caught four passes for 45 yards and a touchdown in Week 14 against Seattle.

Kupp was left wide open for a 10-yard TD. There weren’t many notable plays from him in this one, with half his yards coming on a 21-yard catch. The touchdown was Kupp’s second in as many weeks but he hasn’t went over 65 yards since Week 8. With Jared Goff trending up, Kupp will be a WR2 play against Dallas in Week 15.

Dec 8, 2019, 11:48 PM ET

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

Goff is a pumpkin and it results in Kupp being TD dependant. I wouldnt blame you. I may bench too

Not really due to Goff. More due to Kupp barely being on the field. Hopefully it was just a matchup thing because the game vs Dallas he could eat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Cobbler1 said:

Uhhhh he’s barely playing. Reynolds is on the field more, they’re going 2 TEs a lot, and Higbee/Woods get every target.

I want to see the snap counts from last night.  Agree.  He was barely on the field.  Almost only a 3rd down specialist.  All 2 TE sets with Woods and McReynolds.  Pretty disappointing but luckily the TD saved a disaster outing again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shadyridr said:

Not really due to Goff. More due to Kupp barely being on the field. Hopefully it was just a matchup thing because the game vs Dallas he could eat.

Yep, Dallas got destroyed by Cole Beasley under neath so Kupp could be in for a solid game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Faust said:

Cooper Kupp caught four passes for 45 yards and a touchdown in Week 14 against Seattle.

Kupp was left wide open for a 10-yard TD. There weren’t many notable plays from him in this one, with half his yards coming on a 21-yard catch. The touchdown was Kupp’s second in as many weeks but he hasn’t went over 65 yards since Week 8. With Jared Goff trending up, Kupp will be a WR2 play against Dallas in Week 15.

Dec 8, 2019, 11:48 PM ET

They don't have editors or educated writers, I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Dude played 20 snaps. Yikes

Hard to see this being a trend.

at ARIZ:  72%
vs. BAL:  98%
vs. CHI:  98%
at PIT:  92%
at CIN:  97%
at ATL:  62%

I'm not going to go any further.  Up until this game, he played virtually the entire game in games that were competitive.  Hard to see this being anything but a statistical aberration.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://twitter.com/HaydenWinks/status/1204128277289304064

Quote

Cooper Kupp only played on 29% of snaps last week. The #Rams opted for more 2-TE sets and used Robert Woods (99%) and Josh Reynolds (66%) right off the o-line to help block. Kupp was on the field for some passing downs and when LA went no huddle but that was basically it.

The power run game with Gurley has 2 TEs in a heavy set instead of 11 personnel, Woods is a better blocker than Kupp so Kupp gets the boot. Passing in this formation has Goff targeting Woods and Higbee and they have been running both on misdirection plays. Long story short, Kupp can't be trusted right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

https://twitter.com/HaydenWinks/status/1204128277289304064

The power run game with Gurley has 2 TEs in a heavy set instead of 11 personnel, Woods is a better blocker than Kupp so Kupp gets the boot. Passing in this formation has Goff targeting Woods and Higbee and they have been running both on misdirection plays. Long story short, Kupp can't be trusted right now.

Im guessing Reynolds is also a better blocker than Kupp. But that was the only game they ran that formation so exclusively. I SERIOUSLY doubt they're gonna sit one of their best offensive weapons that much again. That's just bad coaching. It was good coaching the last game but I think it was just a matchup thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, shadyridr said:

Im guessing Reynolds is also a better blocker than Kupp. But that was the only game they ran that formation so exclusively. I SERIOUSLY doubt they're gonna sit one of their best offensive weapons that much again. That's just bad coaching. It was good coaching the last game but I think it was just a matchup thing. 

I think going forward the offense will run through Gurley until proven that it shouldn’t. I wouldn’t be surprised if Kupp continued to play less snaps unless they fall behind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Joe Bryant changed the title to WR Cooper Kupp, LAR

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...