What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Cooper Kupp, LAR (1 Viewer)

Cooper Kupp caught all six of his targets for 43 yards in the Rams' Week 7 win over the Bears.

He added a 16-yard rush. Kupp's six targets were his fewest since Week 2, and he has just one 100-yard game on the year in a run-heavy offense. Kupp has become more of a WR3 in this version of the Rams' offense, though he does get a plus draw on the road in Week 8 against the Dolphins.

Oct 26, 2020, 11:49 PM ET

another banner day for cooper scooper coffee kupp which is a nickname i made up for him and what most people call him now take that to the bank brohans 

I wrote this in the game thread last night...

"Does anyone remember when Cooper Kupp was a BIG part of the offense? He still has solid outings but he was explosive when he came into the league and he seems like he could explode still but they rarely call his number, he does well when they throw to him 3 or 4 times on the same drive and it usually opens up the outside routes for Woods, etc..."

Very mild numbers in 3 of his 7 games, 2 DUDS and 2 pretty productive outings. 25th overall at WR, he's sliding back to WR3/Flex status but perhaps not an Auto Start

And long term, huge influx of talent this year, Kupp should not be projected in the Top10-12 of any week moving forward. He was rising, he is now falling IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cooper Kupp caught 11-of-21 targets for 110 yards in the Rams' Week 8 loss to the Dolphins.

We have our first 20-target game of the season. Jared Goff fired off 61 pass attempts, targeting Kupp on over a third of them while also missing him a number of times, throwing behind and overshooting his slot man on several occasions. It's a nice PPR day for Kupp, but a lot of meat was left on the bone. It was still enough to get Kupp his second 100-yard game of the season. He'll be an upside WR2 when the Rams come off their bye to host the Seahawks in Week 10.

- Rotoworld
Insane. He could've had 175 yards IMHO.

Insane. He could've had 200 yards.
If you watched the game you wouldn't post that. 

Miami was downright nasty in the 1st half and Kupp was draped by a DB most of the time. Goff was draped in Miami DL and blitzing LBs the entire game. 

I'm sorry but Miami deserves a lot more credit than "Goff #### the bed" and because I respect all the info you bring Frank just like Faust, I think you should know more than the box score. I would read thru the game thread, I left a lot of tidbits, a lot more than RotoWorld or wherever the link is from. 

Again, no disrespect but I want people to be clear on what happened today, not a bunch of internet $10 an hour wannabee color commentators that didn't really watch the game. 🤜🤛

I haven't heard anything about it, but Kupp was holding and shaking out his hand late in the game. Maybe its nothing, but since this is seemingly the most injury plagued season I can recall, I thought I'd mention/worry about it.

I haven't heard anything about it, but Kupp was holding and shaking out his hand late in the game. Maybe its nothing, but since this is seemingly the most injury plagued season I can recall, I thought I'd mention/worry about it.
Think he might have returned to the game

Should keep an eye on it but I think he should be OK for next week. 

Cooper Kupp was limited during Wednesday's practice with a wrist and an oblique injury.

He is fully expected to play on Sunday. Kupp is coming off a 21 target outing against the Dolphins in Week 8, and could eclipse his season-best 110 yards this weekend in a delicious matchup against the Seahawks.

Nov 11, 2020, 9:33 PM ET

Rams head coach Sean McVay said WR Cooper Kupp (wrist, oblique) is "on track" to play Sunday against Seattle. 

Kupp emerged from the Rams' Week 8 game against Miami with a wrist injury and "banged up overall," McVay said. Receiver matchups don't get better than they do against the terrible Seahawks defense; Kupp and Robert Woods are WR2 options with upside this week. 

RELATED: 

Robert Woods

SOURCE: ESPN

Nov 12, 2020, 3:46 PM ET

Rams WR Cooper Kupp (wrist, oblique) is active for Week 10 against the Seahawks.

Kupp is dealing with multiple injuries but was fully expected to play with in this big NFC West showdown. Kupp has earned upside WR2 treatment in what could be a shootout. The Rams declared RB Raymond Calais, OL Tremayne Anchrum Jr., WR Trishton Jackson, TE Brycen Hopkins, and OL Brian Allen as inactive.

Nov 15, 2020, 3:03 PM ET

Cooper Kupp caught 5-of-7 targets for 50 yards in the Rams' Week 10 win over the Seahawks.

Kupp didn't reach a ceiling in a perfect on-paper matchup, but his floor remains one of the best among fantasy WR2s. It could've been a bigger fantasy day for Kupp if not for the Rams' decision to run the ball inside the red zone. The running backs combined to score all three of the offensive touchdowns. Week 11 will be a challenge for the Rams as they head to Tampa Bay to face one of the most blitz-heavy defenses likely without stud LT Andrew Whitworth. Kupp should be leaned on as a check-down option if the pressure is too much for Jared Goff.

- Rotoworld

Cooper Kupp ran 29 pass routes in the Rams' Week 10 win against the Seahawks. 

Meanwhile, Josh Reynolds ran 37 routes and Robert Woods ran 35 routes against Seattle. Reynolds paced the team with 10 targets. Kupp, who played just 53 percent of the team's offensive snaps, looked to be bothered by a wrist injury he sustained in Week 8 against Miami. Perhaps that explains his Week 10 usage. Either way, it's clear Reynolds is emerging as a weekly fantasy option for the Rams. Reynolds has a 22 percent target share over the team's past three games, second only to Kupp. He leads the team by a wide margin with 327 air yards in those three games. 

RELATED: 

Josh Reynolds

, Robert Woods

Nov 16, 2020, 12:03 PM ET

fbg seems to be pretty high on kupp despite going against a good bucs d.... tough to trust him after last week's reduced role.

Cooper Kupp caught 5-of-5 targets for 33 yards and a touchdown in the Rams' Week 14 win over the Patriots. 

The 33 yards receiving were Kupp's second fewest of the season, though he softened that blow with his third touchdown, his first since Week 4. Kupp caught a lightly-tipped two-yard pass from Jared Goff in the end zone, displaying fancy footwork to secure the score. Kupp has taken a decisive targets backseat to Robert Woods over the past month, though his volume has remained WR2 respectable. He will be able to do more with it in Week 15 against the Jets. Kupp will remain a top-24 option for the fantasy semifinals. 

Dec 10, 2020, 11:33 PM ET

Cooper Kupp caught 4-of-4 targets for 33 yards in the Rams' Week 15 loss to the Jets. 

It was another disappointing day for Kupp in a shocking loss. He has now failed to surpass 41 yards in 3-of-4 games, and has found the end zone only one time since Week 4. Robert Woods is the lone pass catcher displaying consistent WR2 value in the Rams' increasingly run-focused offense. For the fantasy finals, Kupp will be rematching with a Seahawks defense that held him to 5/50 on seven looks in Week 10. 

- Rotoworld

Week 16 Dynasty Risers and Fallers: Chase Edmonds is taking over

Excerpt:

FALLER: WR COOPER KUPP, LOS ANGELES RAMS

Kupp has seemingly stepped into the No. 2 role for Los Angeles In recent weeks while Robert Woods handles the primary receiver job. In the past four weeks, Woods owns a better target share and snap share. Woods has also run a handful more routes in the span. 

The worst part of this shift has been Kupp's lack of deep routes. He went from an already low 6.8-yard average depth of target in the first 11 weeks to a 4.8-yard average depth in his previous four contests. 

Kupp is only a slight faller because he’s never been an every-down player, but his recent usage trend is concerning. However, this could easily revert in the final weeks of the season, making him more of a hold than a sell.

Rams placed WR Cooper Kupp on the reserve/COVID-19 list. 

Good grief. It is unknown if Kupp is merely a "close contact" or COVID positive himself. If it's the latter, he will be inactive for Sunday's essentially must-win game against the Cardinals. He would be joining Jared Goff, Darrell Henderson and likely Cam Akers on the shelf, leaving deer-in-headlights starter John Wolford without his No. 2 weapon. It would also leave Kupp 26 yards shy of 1,000 on the season. We will get a better idea of Kupp's status over the next 24 hours. 

Dec 29, 2020, 4:00 PM ET

Cooper Kupp (illness, reserve/COVID-19) has been ruled out for Week 17 against the Cardinals.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport confirms Kupp tested positive and will miss this week. It means the Rams are down Jared Goff, Kupp, and potentially two of their running backs in a must-win game. Signed to a three-year, $47 million extension in September, Kupp set a career low with three touchdowns and finished 26 yards shy of a 1,000-yard season. Josh Reynolds will pick up Kupp's snaps in Week 17.

SOURCE: NFL Network

Dec 30, 2020, 11:43 AM ET

The Athletic's Jourdan Rodrigue reports Cooper Kupp (COVID-19) will return to practice on Wednesday.

Kupp was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list on December 29 and missed the regular season finale. Provided nothing changes, Kupp will be ready to go for the Wild Card Round against the Seahawks. He'll face Ugo Amadi in the slot. The Rams are still figuring out how healthy Jared Goff will be for Saturday's contest. John Walford possibly could start.

SOURCE: Jourdan Rodrigue on Twitter

Jan 5, 2021, 6:15 PM ET

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports "all indications are nothing major" for Cooper Kupp's knee injury. 

Kupp suffered a non-contact injury late, and was spotted getting his ACL stability tested on the sideline. He then walked to the locker room under his own power. A Sunday MRI is all but a guarantee, but it appears the Rams have dodged a bullet. Kupp miss the team's 2018-19 Super Bowl run with a torn left ACL. His status will be updated no later than Wednesday, though the Rams' first injury report could come on Tuesday depending on their Divisional Round opponent. 

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Jan 9, 2021, 9:01 PM ET

Rams coach Sean McVay said Cooper Kupp (knee) is "day-to-day."

Kupp initially suffered a non-contact injury late into Los Angeles' Wild Card upset. Even so, McVay said Kupp is expected to play in the Divisional Round against the Packers. The former wouldn't go into detail on whether John Wolford (neck) or Jared Goff (thumb) would start, but Kupp's availability would obviously help either on the road in Lambeau. The team's first injury report on Tuesday will be telling.

SOURCE: Los Angeles Rams on Twitter

Jan 10, 2021, 8:38 PM ET

Cooper Kupp (knee) was held out of Tuesday's practice. 

The Rams "hope" Kupp can go against the Packers on Saturday, but his Divisional Round week is off to a rough start. Kupp, of course, might get in zero practice reps even if he goes, so his practice status might not be as telling as it would be during the regular season. If Kupp is out there, it will be vs. a Packers defense that permitted the fifth fewest wide receiver fantasy points during the regular season.  

Jan 12, 2021, 4:49 PM ET

Cooper Kupp (knee) did not practice on Wednesday.

Kupp didn't practice on Tuesday either. It would be nice for Kupp to get in a limited practice tomorrow, but it's possible that Kupp plays even if he doesn't practice. It's the playoffs. The Rams "hope" Kupp can gut it out, and The Athletic's Jourdan Rodrigue reports Kupp is "expected to play". If he ultimately can't go, Robert Woods will be heavily leaned on when the Rams opt to pass, while Van Jefferson would be the player to see the biggest usage jump, going from being the No. 4 receiver to starting in three-receiver sets.

SOURCE: Matt Schneidman on Twitter

Jan 13, 2021, 6:16 PM ET

The lede on this article doesn’t fit - especially since this was published after the game was finished p.

Cooper Kupp (knee) won't play in the Divisional Round against the Packers.

Kupp was bound for regression in 2020 after converting 6-of-10 targets inside the 10-yard line into touchdowns the year prior, but he still encouragingly finished second on the team in targets (124) behind Robert Woods (129) in back-to-back years. He showed no signs of slowing down after being used as a part-time player to close the 2019 season, yet again accruing 90-plus catches in only his second year removed from a torn ACL. Although his yards per target (7.9) dipped to a career-low mark from Jared Goff this year, Kupp will again be ranked alongside Woods as a low-end WR2 given his guaranteed role with the Rams for the 2021 season.

Jan 16, 2021, 9:15 PM ET

Not much buzz about him this preseason even with Stafford in town?

He seems to be right around that tier with Evans, Godwin, Lockett and DJ Moore. Not sure how much I like him versus them.

He seems to be right around that tier with Evans, Godwin, Lockett and DJ Moore. Not sure how much I like him versus them.

Its interesting to me how Woods is projected as the more productive fantasy option.  I disagree.  I see a viable path to Top 10. 

Projections land is a funny place.  Ridley going Top 10 without Julio and with a regime change.  Jefferson projected to haul in 1400 yards and more TDs than Thielen who is apparently fantasy-washed cuz his targets went down when he got a productive WR opposite him.

There are players in this league who have TD equity but experts love to prattle endlessly about TD regression, citing the fact that because it sometimes happens its a thing.

Cupp and Thielen are a couple classic examples.

Its interesting to me how Woods is projected as the more productive fantasy option.  I disagree.  I see a viable path to Top 10. 

Projections land is a funny place.  Ridley going Top 10 without Julio and with a regime change.  Jefferson projected to haul in 1400 yards and more TDs than Thielen who is apparently fantasy-washed cuz his targets went down when he got a productive WR opposite him.

There are players in this league who have TD equity but experts love to prattle endlessly about TD regression, citing the fact that because it sometimes happens its a thing.

Cupp and Thielen are a couple classic examples.
It's funnier because Kupp is a TD regression candidate.

Including last season his TD% is 5% of his targets for the career. With Goff.

NFL receiving average overall in 2020 was 5% of targets.

Kupp scored on 2.5% of his targets in 2020.

Yes, thanks for that interesting set of projections, I read that whole thread when you posted it.

I still like Woods as I don't think there are many better technicians in the game and hopefully Stafford will trust him and throw to him open a lot, but I have Cooper Kupp right next to him on my board. I could see either coming out on top.

I like all of those guys over Kupp. I'm not sure Stafford helps to be honest. Goff kinda forced things to Woods and Kupp, where as a better QB likely just throws to whomever is open. Stafford forced things to Calvin early in his career(though Calvin is a pretty unique player/situation) but in his recent years has spreads things around pretty to several different guys. 

I like Woods slightly over Kupp, but look at both as WR2 material, and more as floor plays than ceiling plays. Other than DJ Moore, I'm expecting more overall passing production from the Tampa and Seattle offenses as well. 

Truthfully, I think its nuts Mike Evans is in that tier. He should be up with the likes of Robinson and Lamb in my opinion. 

We really have no idea how the target share for the Rams breaks out with Stafford under center.  

I'm staying away from both Kupp and Woods as I think there are more attractive options at WR and at other positions.

In a must-start 2 QB, 3 WR league, I have Stafford as my QB1 and Kupp as my WR3. Rolled the dice on Stafford hitting big with McVay and figured I might as well double down with Mr. Kupp, in a go big or go home maneuver. I'm certainly not expecting overall #1 WR from Kupp (or really even close), but man that would be awesome - and I don't put it past the realm of possibility if the Rams O ascends to brave new heights in the post-Goof era.

I think Kupp is pretty safe for a WR3. During his time in Detroit, Stafford was very comfortable throwing the ball short and over the middle of the field. Guys like Theo Riddick, Golden Tate and even Danny Amendola reached maximum potential with Stafford. 

It's interesting, I listen to all of the top podcasts and Kupp is probably the least discussed player.

I'd take everyone one of those players over Kupp without much thought

I'd take everyone one of those players over Kupp without much thought
Too many mouths with Evans.

Ditto Godwin.

Lockett wildly inconsistent every year of his career game to game.

DJ Moore I love, but does Darnold suck? If not, he's a huge value this year. If so, he's being overdrafted. Lots of risk/reward there.

LAR could throw the ball 50 times a game. Even if DJax stays healthy and Woods gets super involved and Henderson catches a few and Higbee gets a chunk...could be 150+ targets for Kupp.

Yes, thanks for that interesting set of projections, I read that whole thread when you posted it.

I still like Woods as I don't think there are many better technicians in the game and hopefully Stafford will trust him and throw to him open a lot, but I have Cooper Kupp right next to him on my board. I could see either coming out on top.
I like Woods too. I have a team or two with both guys. 

I think Kupp is pretty safe for a WR3. During his time in Detroit, Stafford as very comfortable throwing the ball short and over the middle of the field. Guys like Theo Riddick, Golden Tate and even Danny Amendola reached maximum potential with Stafford. 
Yes, Kupp seems to fit the MS profile more than any of them. Could be a red zone target also.

Cooper Kupp caught 9-of-11 targets for 163 yards and two touchdowns in the Rams' Week 2 win over the Colts.

Kupp was unstoppable on Sunday, getting wide open on his first touchdown catch, and consistently delivering key receptions for the Rams throughout the game. Kupp's connection with Matthew Stafford through two games has been spectacular. Kupp will be looking for his third straight 100 yard game when the Rams play the Buccaneers in Week 3.

Sep 19, 2021, 4:17 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread