What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Cooper Kupp, LAR (1 Viewer)

Cooper Kupp caught nine of 12 targets for 96 yards and two touchdowns in the Rams' Week 3 win against the Bucs. 

Kupp's mind-meld with Matthew Stafford continues to pay dividends for the Rams and fantasy managers who wisely drafted Kupp. With Stafford under center for LA, Kupp has emerged as an elite fantasy option who needs to be started in every sized league every week. Kupp gashed a banged up Tampa secondary time and again. Stafford keyed on his slot receiver throughout the game as the Bucs had no answer for the shifty wideout. Kupp has five touchdowns on 25 receptions through three games. He's in a tremendous Week 4 spot as the Rams take on the high flying Cardinals.

Ridiculous start to the season. The only bad thing is this is now becoming the expectation. It’s really gonna suck when he puts up a “good” game instead of a great one.

Ridiculous start to the season. The only bad thing is this is now becoming the expectation. It’s really gonna suck when he puts up a “good” game instead of a great one.
Stafford was going to take to him the whole time, now the question is who can stretch the field and they might have found a temporary one in DJax but hold your breath for the IR this week, he usually hits the list after he does something good. It's been far and few between the last many years but if he can just come in for a few snaps a game and not give it away totally why he is on the field, he can do some serious damage on 3-4 catches a game. Makes things much easier underneath for Kupp and crew to work their magic. 

I tried to post about Golden Tate and how Stafford turned him into a PPR machine, Kupp has way more talent and can run all the routes, Stafford doesn't have a down or distance he doesn't like with this guy and Kupp feeds on it. This is a great pairing, glad I held on to Kupp as a keeper.  

Stafford was going to take to him the whole time, now the question is who can stretch the field and they might have found a temporary one in DJax but hold your breath for the IR this week, he usually hits the list after he does something good. It's been far and few between the last many years but if he can just come in for a few snaps a game and not give it away totally why he is on the field, he can do some serious damage on 3-4 catches a game. Makes things much easier underneath for Kupp and crew to work their magic. 
I agree, MoP.  

Don't fall for the Week 4 waiver wire list for DeSean Jackson;  don't be that guy.    

Indeed. I've been offered a pretty tempting package in dynasty including Kupp for my Justin Jefferson, being in a win now window if I knew Kupp was going to keep this up I'd snap accept it, but I'm trying to talk myself out of it

I want to know who we never heard from any source about Kupp and Stafford spending all this time over the summer and preseason in the film room getting ready? You would figure something like that would have been let out before week 1.

montana_grizzly_bears said:
I want to know who we never heard from any source about Kupp and Stafford spending all this time over the summer and preseason in the film room getting ready? You would figure something like that would have been let out before week 1.
there is no source. People just got lucky. There was no huge difference between Woods and Kupp, considering usage and Woods getting designed plays for him, but now it seems all the plays go to Kupp.

This would've surely influenced ADP. I picked Woods over him- #### happens. Awful league-losing pick.

Fantasy drafts should NOT influence your team this much when the reasoning was sound to draft someone.

Anyways, I consider it all luck. Kupp and Woods were the same price in my auction, but one of them is producing like Woods and Kupp combined.

Hence, Woods is probably one of the best buy lows when they start to adjust to Kupp 

there is no source. People just got lucky. There was no huge difference between Woods and Kupp, considering usage and Woods getting designed plays for him, but now it seems all the plays go to Kupp.

This would've surely influenced ADP. I picked Woods over him- #### happens. Awful league-losing pick.

Fantasy drafts should NOT influence your team this much when the reasoning was sound to draft someone.

Anyways, I consider it all luck. Kupp and Woods were the same price in my auction, but one of them is producing like Woods and Kupp combined.

Hence, Woods is probably one of the best buy lows when they start to adjust to Kupp 
This was only true if you didn't pay attention.

During their Rams careers only (not fair to Woods for pre-Rams which drag him down if included):

Kupp averages just under 2 targets/game more

Kupp averages about 0.6 more yards/target

Woods TD% = 4%

Kupp TD % = 6.5%

Woods does get ~1.5 rush attempts per game more than Kupp

What happened was Kupp had a year he was hurt that inflated Woods' counting stats somewhat, then Kupp had an unlucky TD year...and people don't pay attention to which stats are sticky or not, they just tend to roll over prior year stats with slight adjustments.

This was only true if you didn't pay attention.

During their Rams careers only (not fair to Woods for pre-Rams which drag him down if included):

Kupp averages just under 2 targets/game more

Kupp averages about 0.6 more yards/target

Woods TD% = 4%

Kupp TD % = 6.5%

Woods does get ~1.5 rush attempts per game more than Kupp

What happened was Kupp had a year he was hurt that inflated Woods' counting stats somewhat, then Kupp had an unlucky TD year...and people don't pay attention to which stats are sticky or not, they just tend to roll over prior year stats with slight adjustments.

I get what you're saying but right now it is scorched earth territory. No way did anyone predict this type of inferno, and also at the true expense of Woods

I expect a bit of evening out going forward, but Kupp still remains the dominant force on the tem

I No way did anyone predict this type of inferno, and also at the true expense of Woods
Pretty sure Instinctive predicted Kupp's assent perfectly so far. I didn't believe him when I read it over the summer but at this point it's come to fruition. 

I'm sure Woods will play into things a bit more, but Jefferson seems to be being worked in as well, and DJax lurks as a deep threat, so it could be a tough year overall. Still, I'd think Woods' numbers will improve (has to???)

I get what you're saying but right now it is scorched earth territory. No way did anyone predict this type of inferno, and also at the true expense of Woods

I expect a bit of evening out going forward, but Kupp still remains the dominant force on the tem
I mean I literally predicted it. 

But I fully agree with your bolded. I think he can still be the overall WR1 rest of way, but I don't think he'll be getting 100 yards and 1.5 TDs every single game. I think 80 and .75 TDs a game is maybe the baseline rest of way though. That would put him at like 1500 yards total and 15 TDs or so, I think? Quick maths. 

Cooper Kupp caught 5-of-13 targets for 64 yards in the Rams' Week 4 loss to the Cardinals. 

Kupp finally had a quieter game as the Rams' offense tanked, but his 13 targets were actually a season high. Kupp was the victim of a few inaccurate Matthew Stafford passes, which has not been a theme this season. Kupp's usage remains absolutely through the roof as Robert Woods remains a surprising afterthought. Fantasy managers should be more than comfortable going back to the top-five WR1 well for a plus short-week matchup in the Seahawks on Thursday Night Football.

As a Cards fan I watched the entire game closely. Stafford was just off in this one. He had Kupp for an easy TD and just missed him. He missed on a few other throws too, and Kupp dropped one.

This game was very close to being pretty big again for Kupp - I think it was more an anomaly than anything else.

Nothing like having the Seahawks to get right, my only fear with that is Stafford spreading the ball out more since the entire Seahawks defense stinks. 

Cooper Kupp caught 7-of-10 targets for 92 yards in the Rams' Week 5 win over the Seahawks. 

Although somewhat quiet by Kupp's 2021 standards, tonight was another promising evening for the Rams' clear-cut No. 1 wideout, as his production came despite a 14-target Robert Woods onslaught. Kupp also managed to draw double-digit looks for the fifth time in as many 2021 appearances. There is no question who Matthew Stafford's first read is. Kupp will maintain top-five WR1 upside for Week 6 against the Giants. 

Oct 8, 2021, 12:07 AM ET

Looked like he took a bit of a beating tonight but still toughed it out. Despite Woods' big night, he could have had 2 TD's, one where Stafford underthrew him, and the second dragged down at the 3.  

Looked like he took a bit of a beating tonight but still toughed it out. Despite Woods' big night, he could have had 2 TD's, one where Stafford underthrew him, and the second dragged down at the 3.  
Lost at least 1 in the Arizona game to a bad throw, and a couple more open ones with big yardage.

Two games in a row, making me wonder if Stafford is hurt.

Lost at least 1 in the Arizona game to a bad throw, and a couple more open ones with big yardage.

Two games in a row, making me wonder if

Stafford

is hurt.

Well with his fingers taped up, something is obvously going on. Seemed to me that he didn't have much touch on the deep ball. Seemed pretty good over the middle though.

Cooper Kupp caught 9-of-12 targets for 130 yards and two touchdowns in the Rams' Week 6 win over the Giants.

Kupp now has seven touchdowns on the year and three games with multiple scores. Through six weeks, he has out-targeted Robert Woods 68-44. As has been the case all season, Kupp was also involved in the red zone, scoring one of his touchdowns from just three yards out. With a dominant target lead over Woods and plenty of scoring opportunities, Kupp is a locked-in WR1 going forward. He gets a fantasy matchup with the lowly Lions next week and has to be ranked as a top-five option at his position.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Last edited by a moderator:
Most Receiving Yards Through The First 8 Games Of An NFL Season (Since 1970):

1. Torry Holt - 978

2. Marvin Harrison - 962

3. Isaac Bruce - 950

4. Isaac Bruce - 938

5. Cooper Kupp - 924

Cooper Kupp caught 11-of-13 targets for 95 yards in the Rams' Week 9 loss to the Titans.

Kupp didn't find the end zone, but he was still super productive on a night in which Matthew Stafford struggled to get anything going. The Rams averaged only 6.1 yards per passing attempt for the game. Kupp still had a 27.1% target share, and he remains a top-flight WR1 for Week 10 against the 49ers. He has yet to record fewer than nine targets in a single game.

- NBC SportsEDGE

i am glad i had the foresight to give this brohan the nickname cooper scooper coffee kupp years ago normally when i give out a nickname the player has a great career and randall the touchdown robber cobber and travis the flying burrito kelce just prove me right take that to the bank brohans

Cooper Kupp caught 11-of-13 targets for 122 yards in the Rams' Week 10 loss to the 49ers Monday night.

Kupp went to halftime with four catches for 44 yards and didn't catch another pass until the final minute of the third quarter. With the Rams getting shell-shocked most of the night, he used a heavy dose of garbage time to get to the 100-yard mark. In the first game without Robert Woods (knee), Kupp was targeted on 31.7% of Matthew Stafford's 41 throws. He should maintain that rarified-air share going forward and goes into the Week 11 bye with nine games of 90-plus receiving yards as fantasy's overall WR1. Kupp will get a date with the Packers in Green Bay next time out.

Nov 15, 2021, 11:26 PM ET

Cooper Kupp was limited in Thursday's practice with a toe issue, though coach Sean McVay said he was not concerned. 

This sounds more like the Rams keeping Kupp off his feet with a minor issue than concerning injury. "Toe" wouldn't be our first choice for a receiver ailment, but at least as of Thursday afternoon, we have not seen anything to suggest Kupp should fall out of the top three at wideout. 

SOURCE: Jourdan Rodrigue on Twitter 

Dec 9, 2021, 3:09 PM ET

Cooper Kupp (toe) was upgraded to a full practice Friday.

This was expected after coach Sean McVay downplayed Kupp's appearance on Thursday's injury report. Even at less than full health, Kupp is a top-three option for Monday night's divisional showdown with the Cardinals.

Dec 10, 2021, 8:05 PM ET

Cooper Kupp caught 13-of-15 targets for 123 yards and one touchdown in the Rams' Week 14 win over the Cardinals.

Kupp had a bit of a slower first half, going into the locker room with 42 scoreless yards, but he made a sick 44-yard catch on a deep shot from Matthew Stafford and also caught a perfectly-placed four-yard touchdown from Stafford in the third quarter. It was thrown only where Kupp could catch it away from the defender. Fantasy's WR1 the whole season, Kupp scored his 12th touchdown of the year and produced his eighth 100-yard game and fourth game of 10-plus catches. Kupp will be the top play of next week against the Seahawks. He had 7-92 on 10 targets against Seattle back in Week 5.

Dec 13, 2021, 11:29 PM ET

I just love watching him play. You learn so much about the game watching him dissect opposing secondaries.

Also funny to watch him directing OBJ and Van Jefferson on the play where OBJ lined up on the wrong side of the formation. He might be a good coach one day.

Users who are viewing this thread