What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Cooper Kupp, LAR (4 Viewers)

For redraft this year, I have come around. Goff looked ok and he seems locked onto Kupp. He's going late enough that if the targets don't transfer over the regular season success, he can easily be dropped quickly for a hot WW pickup. 

last week it was WR Golladay that was huge monster next Calvin

this week based on a pre-season game its Cooper Kupp

next week it'll be Taje Sharpe WR TEN ....... oh wait, that was LAST years preseason sensation.

I like Kupp fine, I like quite a few other rookies better, and Goff and the Rams aint going to be a 5500 yards passing, 35 TD team methinks. 

The FF shark play is Watkins right now - silent in pre-season games, a been there, done that WR. 
I don't know. I think I'll take the guy that's virtually free on the crummy offense.

And a lot of us are talking dynasty in here. I agree redraft could be dicey.

Just watched his highlights from this week, probably won't have many big plays but he definitely knows how to use leverage and slight moves to get open and give goff a good target. Other note I noticed is I believe all of his catches except the TD came on third down so goff already trusts him. Hopefully that means whenever it's more then third and short that he is gonna be the main target.

next week it'll be Taje Sharpe WR TEN ....... oh wait, that was LAST years preseason sensation.

I like Kupp fine, I like quite a few other rookies better, and Goff and the Rams aint going to be a 5500 yards passing, 35 TD team methinks. 

The FF shark play is Watkins right now - silent in pre-season games, a been there, done that WR
Done what? Get hurt every year? You can't compare Kupp to Galladay, apples to oranges. I like Kupp much more for dynasty rather than redraft and I think it's so difficult for a rookie wr to make an impact in year one but my eyes tell me Kupp has the best chance of the two to be an impact player.

Even with that said,  Kupp will be far more productive as a rookie than will Galladay

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Seriously though, very excited to see what he can do this year. McVay's offense in Washington used the slot frequently and that was with a gunslinger at QB. Goff may be that someday but right now, he's going to go for success and that means high percentage routes. Kupp could turn into a bigger Edelman or Landry

I don't know. I think I'll take the guy that's virtually free on the crummy offense.

And a lot of us are talking dynasty in here. I agree redraft could be dicey.
This seems to be his shtick - go into a dynasty based thread on young WRs and act as if everyone is talking about the guy having a huge season in year one and taking him early in redrafts.

The FF shark play is Watkins right now - silent in pre-season games, a been there, done that WR. 
Comparing a 5th round redraft pick to essentially waiver pick ups.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just grabbed Kupp in the 14th in my re-draft league over the weekend. Sure, he could not live up to this hype, but for a 14th rounder, why not take the gamble? If he starts slow, I can move on and it not be a big investment.

He's cheap and has looked good. Redraft flyer for sure. Someone has to catch passes there, seems like he is, so why not? It's like using your last pick on Robby Anderson. No I don't want him, but the jets will be behind and forced to throw so he could get lots of garbage stats. Rams could be behind too, or have to keep pace.

Sharpe did get a lot of buzz last year but not as much as Michael Thomas if you want to play that game.

Cooper Kupp is listed behind Robert Woods on the Rams' Week 1 depth chart.

Kupp suffered a groin injury late in the preseason, so his Week 1 health is uncertain. We'll get our first update with Wednesday's injury report. Kupp seemed to be both coach Sean McVay and Jared Goff's preferred target underneath this summer, though Woods is a $10 million guaranteed free agent. There will be targets there for the taking, but perhaps Kupp still has to "earn" them on the regular season field.

Source: therams.com

Sep 5 - 5:12 PM

Cooper Kupp is listed behind Robert Woods on the Rams' Week 1 depth chart.

Kupp suffered a groin injury late in the preseason, so his Week 1 health is uncertain. We'll get our first update with Wednesday's injury report. Kupp seemed to be both coach Sean McVay and Jared Goff's preferred target underneath this summer, though Woods is a $10 million guaranteed free agent. There will be targets there for the taking, but perhaps Kupp still has to "earn" them on the regular season field.
Damn. Wasn't going to start him week 1 anyways, but was hoping he'd get off to a strong start and didn't know he was injured.

I hope he continues this. I picked him up in the 3rd round of a rookie draft and really need a reliable flex option. Marvin Jones is a headache with a hangover.

Am not shocked after watching him all offseason.  He's legit and it shows every time he's on the field.   

For the first time sense the days of Holt and Bruce I can finally say I'm excited about our WR group!

I think he is going to blow up-- last week the script was really tough to put up big #s with the pick 6's, and the huge lead. I think if they ever fall behind-- he's going to pop off some 10-130 type games on people. Ive seen sammy start jogging routes and not even looking at the qb in the 4th quarter of losses before. 

Ah I suppose Norman something to consider.

I think Watkins has a lot more talent and upside than Kupp yes.
I get what you're saying, but... Not to compare Odell to Sammy, but you get what I'm saying? It's not like Norman is Rod Woodson reincarnated. 

Going with my gut and starting him over TY this week. 
So you might say Hilton has to play with a sub par QB, what exactly do you call the Rams QB? Goff's had one good game in his career and a bunch of terrible ones. Banking on what might be his third option is a heavy risk.

I like Kupp a lot but he's really not even close to being as fast or athletic as Jordy Nelson. He's much more of a possession receiver.
I think it's a lot closer than you might think it is.  40 times aren't drastically different.  Cupp was a hell of an athlete in HS in hoops and football.  He's more than a possession receive, IMO.  

I tried to get a buddy to put $$ down on Cupp being ROY, but none of the books he went to would offer the bet. :kicksrock:

Kupp's long speed isn't great but his short area quickness is borderline elite.

4.08 sec 20 yard shuttle

6.75 3 cone

And he's a great route runner with great size.......give me those prospects all day.....

I'm starting him over Crabtree because I like to gamble. Oak shouldnt need to throw much vs Jets. Went RB heavy this year Coop and Golliday were my lotto tix.

Ah I suppose Norman something to consider.

I think Watkins has a lot more talent and upside than Kupp yes.
Does Wash play man or zone? If man, they'd be crazy not to have Norman shadow Watkins. Kupp is good, and has the eye of Goff, but Watkins can juke a lesser CB out of his cleats and take it to the house. 

I'm starting him over Crabtree because I like to gamble. Oak shouldnt need to throw much vs Jets. Went RB heavy this year Coop and Golliday were my lotto tix.
Ballsy. Crabtree is a must start every week for me, regardless of opponent. He's too consistent and too good at contested catches and has a knack for the endzone - all of which makes him one of the best WR2s in FF. 

FWIW, I'm starting both. Kupp is my WR3 this week and I'm hoping for WR2 numbers. 

Users who are viewing this thread