What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyler Lockett, SEA (2 Viewers)

I thought Lockett was a great pick when I got him at 5.09 in a 14 team return yardage league.  Another owner was even like, "great pick, I was seriously torn between him and (whoever he took earlier in the 5th)".

But this has not gone well.  Not cutting him now but in a short bench league he is now the player I'd let go once I have another option.

I still believe in him as a player but doesnt look like its the year for him in redraft.
4 bench league here, and Lockett, Dorsett and DeAngelo Williams are my next chopping blocks for bye's etc.  Not sure the order.

I thought Lockett was a great pick when I got him at 5.09 in a 14 team return yardage league.  Another owner was even like, "great pick, I was seriously torn between him and (whoever he took earlier in the 5th)".

But this has not gone well.  Not cutting him now but in a short bench league he is now the player I'd let go once I have another option.

I still believe in him as a player but doesnt look like its the year for him in redraft.
Yeah a part of me is willing to admit I might be too stubborn to just acknowledge my bias toward could be my undoing. But I really do think there's something special here and I might end up hanging onto him too long as a result. But like I said before my team is off to a great start so I have some luxury in that I can afford to show some patience. If my team stunk I probably would be acting differently with him and be looking to work the Waiver Wire harder to try and improve my team. But right now Lockett is my "worst" player in terms of production so since I like him so much I'm just gonna hang onto him and hope that my belief in him pays off.     

4 bench league here, and Lockett, Dorsett and DeAngelo Williams are my next chopping blocks for bye's etc.  Not sure the order.
Not to change the subject but Dorsett was a pretty huge disappointment yesterday too in my opinion. Obviously better than Lockett but given the matchup I thought he'd show more than he did. 

I have him in a rtn league as well and still can't believe that happened yesterday.  He's on my bench until I see some consistency and I won't hesitate to cut him for a good ww pickup.  What a bust of a mid round redraft pick 

Yeah, I have Dorsett too.  Right now I'd cut Lockett before him b/c I don't think Moncrief will be right all year, IND will throw the ball more than SEA, and I think Dorsett gets considerably more targets and production as a result.  Things obviously change though so I might feel differently next week.

Yeah a part of me is willing to admit I might be too stubborn to just acknowledge my bias toward could be my undoing. But I really do think there's something special here and I might end up hanging onto him too long as a result. But like I said before my team is off to a great start so I have some luxury in that I can afford to show some patience. If my team stunk I probably would be acting differently with him and be looking to work the Waiver Wire harder to try and improve my team. But right now Lockett is my "worst" player in terms of production so since I like him so much I'm just gonna hang onto him and hope that my belief in him pays off.     
I'm in a similar boat.  I'd like to see a fully healthy Wilson and Lockett and see how they do in a game that's not a blowout. 

The re-emergence of Graham is a concern and I will have to admit that Baldwin is simply better than I thought.  I'd really like to see Lockett get some of the drag and pick plays that they run so well for Baldwin.

I'm still holding out hope too but I feel a lot worse about him than I did on draft day.

The 53-yarder last week reminds me of what this guy can do. Some people might say - a lotta guys do that. OK but he has made plays like that all the time since about midway through last season. And that's not including his return abilities (he had a big return yesterday too). There's just something special about this guy. Yeah maybe I'm just biased toward him. I'll admit that. But all those big plays are on film. They've happened. I didn't imagine them. And I can't believe the Seattle coaches have forgotten them. I still believe there's something here with this guy and it's a long season. Maybe I'll end up with egg on my face and this will be a pick that'll make me look like an idiot but I really do think it can pan out. It sure looks bad right now but there's still a lotta football to go. 

Here's hopin. 

I think this is a great time to buy Lockett...

Seattle has started slow the last 2-3 years looking just bad. Graham looking awesome- could be good or bad for Lockett... time will tell (will this offense be able to support 3 weekly starters in the passing game?)

I'm going to try and buy Lockett... I think this is a perfect time

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have any information in regards to Locketts injury?

He played fewer snaps than Paul Richardson again this week. The Seahawks were able to get their running game going and built and early lead, so perhaps that is part of it as well. Still disappointing as I thought Lockett would be more involved in the offense than he has been thus far.

Snap counts and utilization for week 3 skill players

D Baldwin WR 55 79% 1 rushing attempt -4 yards 10 targets 8 receptions 164 yards 1 TD
J Kearse WR 54 77% 2 6% 2 targets 2 receptions 11 yards
L Willson TE 48 69% 3 targets 2 receptions 9 yards
J Graham TE 47 67% 9 targets 6 receptions 100 yards 1 TD
C Michael RB 45 64% 3 targets 2 receptions 5 yards
P Richardson WR 27 39% 
T Lockett WR 23 33% (9 29% special teams)
A Collins RB 18 26% 2 targets 2 receptions 19 yards
B Williams TE 15 21% 
T McEvoy WR 13 19% 1 target 0 receptions

Kearse must be a hell of a blocker as he consistently plays a lot more than the other WR while at the same time not doing much in terms of targets. This week was all Michael, Baldwin and Graham for the most part, which is all they needed to handily win this game.

They didn't target Paul Richardson at all or Lockett. With the game in hand and Wilson out, it seems like they played some of their back up players a lot more.

This is two weeks in a row that the Seahawks have not used Lockett that much in terms of snaps on offense. The injury is not preventing Lockett from playing, he still had 9 special teams snaps. So while that was a reasonable explanation for last week, I don't think that is the only reason Lockett isn't being used much on offense at this time.

While Pete Carrol said their offense would be more like the 2nd half of last season (passing the ball more) that does not seem to be the case as long as they are running the ball well. They only threw the ball 22 times in this game and had three fourths of their yards in the first half before seemingly slowing things down and giving their back ups a crack at it in the second half.

Not to change the subject but Dorsett was a pretty huge disappointment yesterday too in my opinion. Obviously better than Lockett but given the matchup I thought he'd show more than he did. 
WRs vs. Chargers CBs this year is not an appealing matchup, even though Hilton roasted Verrett yesterday. The Chargers corners are a great trio, and meanwhile, the Chargers are terrible at covering TEs and RBs. I'm not saying WRs will all be shut down like Allen Robinson was, but it certainly isn't a plus matchup if the Chargers CBs are healthy.

WRs vs. Chargers CBs this year is not an appealing matchup, even though Hilton roasted Verrett yesterday. The Chargers corners are a great trio, and meanwhile, the Chargers are terrible at covering TEs and RBs. I'm not saying WRs will all be shut down like Allen Robinson was, but it certainly isn't a plus matchup if the Chargers CBs are healthy.
This was a good observation on your part JWB that played out in this game.

Jack Doyle seems to actually be a real thing as well. Good call there about the match up on Teo.

Yeah and Hilton only roasted Verrett yesterday after he got hurt and came back in the game. Verrett was holding him in check before that. 

Seattle has started slow the last 2-3 years looking just bad. Graham looking awesome- could be good or bad for Lockett... time will tell (will this offense be able to support 3 weekly starters in the passing game?)

great time to buy low, in short bench 10 teamers hes getting sent to the wire.

Wait another week or 2 and get him for free off the wire.  

Graham looking awesome is only bad for Lockett (5th rounder for me).

I am stunned at Graham coming back from a torn patella like this? I was banking on a Victor Cruz type recovery and completely avoiding him in redraft. Yes Pete said he was doing great but he lies like a dog 24/7. 

Good Graham = Bad Lockett

jurrassic said:
I really like Lockett.  Love his athleticism and explosiveness.  However, it's going to be tough to roster him if he's completely all or nothing.  As it stands, he looks to be at best the 4th option on a team that doesn't really throw it that much.  Chances are he will be on most of our benches on those weeks when he does have good games.  I anticipated some level of inconsistency but this is a little extreme.  Hopefully, the injuries will subside and he can reestablish a better floor  
Terrific post, pretty much sums my thoughts up. Was very high on Lockett coming into this season, and he'll have his games this season where he goes off where he has a mismatch on defense, but the fact is that there are a lot of mouths that can be fed on this opportunistic offense. Seems clear after three games that consistency is not something you will be able to count on with Lockett. 

Dr. Brew said:

Locket and his QB went into the game banged up... not sure why people are so surprised or so willing to dump him..

Last season Seattle had 12 drops. Yesterday they had 3 in one game. Two of those were from Lockett on plays that would have been first downs. That was disappointing, but I think an outlier from my perspective with regard to his abilities. I still believe he has a good chance to out perform Baldwin this season in fantasy points. 
After watching last weeks game I have serious doubts that he can out perform Baldwin, but not because I don't believe in Lockett. Baldwin was ####### awesome this past week. He's proving that he totally deserves the targets. If anyone missed his diving one handed grab its worth a look. As a Seattle fan I'm glad both Baldwin and Lockett are in Seattle. 

Anybody seen any dynasty trades involving this guy? I really wanted him, but decided to hold off after reading reports of Kearse splitting time with him due to Kearse's superior blocking. Figured I could buy low on him during the season. Now seems like the time to strike.

Becase baldwin was banged up and produced just fine ?? And graham had a resurgence?? Too many mouths to feed and hes a one trick pony basically?
Regarding the bolded... No. Honestly Lockett has the abilities to be a super star. I don't think Graham is to blame but I think he may be going forward. 

The rest of your post is probably dead on. 

Read it. Its cute. But i like ff points. Sometimes our dynasty mindsets cloud whats happening in redraft leagues. I own him in. Redraft trying hard not to cut him. But the opportunity seems to be missing.
I understand dynasty mindset clouding redraft decisions, but what you said was definitively wrong. He's not a one trick pony. If you said, he'll be no better than a WR4 this year, I couldn't argue with you. If you said week 3 won't be his last donut this season, I couldn't argue with you. I'd still try to acquire him in dynasty, but I don't have high hopes for his 2016 production. I fear him breaking out before I acquire him more than I fear acquiring him and letting him sit on my bench for a year.

Watching his punt return on Sunday, man he is electric. He is a threat to take it to the house each time he touches the ball.

Maybe his route running isn't the best. I don't understand why the coaches don't scheme to get him the ball more often. 

Watching his punt return on Sunday, man he is electric. He is a threat to take it to the house each time he touches the ball.

Maybe his route running isn't the best. I don't understand why the coaches don't scheme to get him the ball more often. 
They did in Week 1 (he had some drops) and in Week 2 when he was on the field (missed a lot of that game with the knee injury). I have no clue what happened against the Niners. I haven't seen any explanation for what happened with his role in that game, especially since the matchup was a favorable one and Wilson was playing great before he got hurt.   

I'm going to give him one more week and see how he does out of the bye.  Maybe the PCL has been hampering him for awhile...

So, what's the deal here?

Is he going to be hobbled all season?
Hard to say. Not sure what the timetable is for a torn PCL (at least that's what Doug Baldwin says). But even if he does get healthy, I'm not sure he's any thing other than a #3 option in a run first offense. Baldwin clearly isn't going anywhere and Graham looks to finally have chemistry with Wilson and is healthy. I had him in 2 leagues and dropped him this week with bye weeks, I needed some depth. It's just hard to see him as anything more than a WR3 this year and even that may be pushing it.

dropped him for DeAndre Washington...as said above: hobbled, run first offense, Baldwin #1, Graham #2.  He'll have his breakout game here or there, but consistently performing and outplaying Baldwin from time to time (that was the predraft thought...locket could produce like Baldwin but be had cheaper in later rounds) is not going to happen.  he is a what-the-heck flex at this point.

Tyler Lockett: On the road to no fear

During a Week 2 match-up agaisnt the Los Angeles Rams, Lockett sustained a knee injury in the second quarter that caused him to miss most of the game. The team has been quiet as to the extent of the injury, but teammate Doug Baldwin said on Sunday that Lockett has a sprained PCL.
It would have been nice to know this a couple weeks ago. Oh and I hate the Rams and their cheap shot coaching.

Locketts snaps count percentage and opportunities thus far:

Wk 1 76% and 8

Wk 2 40% and 4

Wk 3 33% and 0

Wk 4 23% and 3

Tyler Lockett: On the road to no fear

It would have been nice to know this a couple weeks ago. Oh and I hate the Rams and their cheap shot coaching.

Locketts snaps count percentage and opportunities thus far:

Wk 1 76% and 8

Wk 2 40% and 4

Wk 3 33% and 0

Wk 4 23% and 3
:goodposting:

I like to interject my experience on injuries such as these. Depending on the severity of the injury to the ligament, this is something that will likely affect him for another 2-3 weeks. It's possible he is functioning at a pretty reasonable level but not 100%. Even after the bye week. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lockett's snaps continue to hover around the 33% mark for a few more weeks, maybe gradually increasing. Might be looking at a good pick up around week 7-8

:goodposting:

I like to interject my experience on injuries such as these. Depending on the severity of the injury to the ligament, this is something that will likely affect him for another 2-3 weeks. It's possible he is functioning at a pretty reasonable level but not 100%. Even after the bye week. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lockett's snaps continue to hover around the 33% mark for a few more weeks, maybe gradually increasing. Might be looking at a good pick up around week 7-8
It was hard to really know how much the injury was affecting him because he is still playing special teams and there wasn't good information about the injury right away.

Based on how he was used in the first game, it does seem that he was a much bigger part of the offense before the injury.

He was also a bigger part of the offense before Jimmy Graham was back to being himself.
Yes but I think Graham actually helps Lockett. They are two different kinds of receivers

I'm actually hoping to sneak him on my roster after the AZ bye. I'll have roster room then, but I'm not sure he lasts that long before he starts producing well again

...and all of last season when both were healthy.
I think you may want to double check that one.  In weeks 1-11, Graham outsnapped him every time.  And while Lockett and Graham tied for targets a couple times, Lockett never had more.

That reversed in Week 12, but I do see that Graham logged his lowest snap% of the entire season, so I assume he got hurt around halftime.

I think you may want to double check that one.  In weeks 1-11, Graham outsnapped him every time.  And while Lockett and Graham tied for targets a couple times, Lockett never had more.

That reversed in Week 12, but I do see that Graham logged his lowest snap% of the entire season, so I assume he got hurt around halftime.
I was referring to production, not snaps.

My league doesn't award points for snaps.

Yeah I looked at this pretty in depth earlier on in the thread here.

The only issue I have with this split analysis is that Lockett was still a rookie when this occurred. So with Graham and Lockett both healthy, this might change.

I do think it is something to be mindful of though until proven otherwise.

I was referring to production, not snaps.

My league doesn't award points for snaps.
Okay, let's go there.

Graham's season was 48/605/2.

While Graham was in the lineup, Locket went 28/346/3.

Production is pretty clearly Graham over Locket here also.

The results are different if you include return yardage and return TDs, but I think a minority of leagues include those stats.

Okay, let's go there.

Graham's season was 48/605/2.

While Graham was in the lineup, Locket went 28/346/3.

Production is pretty clearly Graham over Locket here also.
:lmao:

I love how you listed season long stats for one, and a different criteria for the other.

You're better at manipulating numbers, to make a false conclusion, than a politician.  

Tell us how many jobs you have created, Mr. President.

:lmao:

I love how you listed season long stats for one, and a different criteria for the other.

You're better at manipulating numbers, to make a false conclusion, than a politician.  

Tell us how many jobs you have created, Mr. President.
What?  I listed their stats in the games that both played in.  THAT'S the comparison we're talking about here.

Users who are viewing this thread