What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyrell Williams, DET - 9.22.21 - Concussion - Unlikely To Play Week 3 (1 Viewer)

Kind of an odd poll since the options are 0-5, 5-10, 10-15, and 15-20 (with no options for more than 20%) so could easily be higher than 20%.

I'm thinking Williams is a solid WR2 - somewhat tempered due to questions about the Raiders offense without AB, but given that the Raiders' defense is not formidable and they play the Chiefs twice he's very intriguing.  

I have been predisposed to Williams over John Brown on the Bills, but Brown had more air yards (and more targets) than Williams so there's a solid argument that Brown is the better option compared to Williams but Bills WR is typically an unpredictable wasteland.  Crowder on the other hand was all targets, no depth and could be second option to Anderson.  Williams and John Brown to me seem much better options than Marquise Brown (should be inconsistent rookie on a run-first team) and Ross (WR2 on his own team who just hit his ceiling).  

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of an odd poll since the options are 0-5, 5-10, 10-15, and 15-20 (with no options for more than 20%) so could easily be higher than 20%.

I'm thinking Williams is a solid WR2 - somewhat tempered due to questions about the Raiders offense without AB, but given that the Raiders' defense is not formidable and they play the Chiefs twice he's very intriguing.  

I have been predisposed to Williams over John Brown on the Bills, but Brown had more air yards (and more targets) than Williams so there's a solid argument that Brown is the better option compared to Williams but Bills WR is typically an unpredictable wasteland.  Crowder on the other hand was all targets, no depth and could be second option to Anderson.  Williams and John Brown to me seem much better options than Marquise Brown (should be inconsistent rookie on a run-first team) and Ross (WR2 on his own team who just hit his ceiling).  
Boy that's a lotta info   You really may want to consider bringing it to the Weekly Waiver thread   I'm sort of fond of what you may refer to as cut-throat   U see something you want and reach out and roster  Fun part being that maybe not every player is eligible to cut at the time lulz  So yeah most of these other guys we're picked up   Tyrell been on my roster since last season

karmarooster said:
How much FAAB budget is Williams worth?  (He was not drafted in my league prior to AB being cut and then was locked until after the game).  I am thin at WR3 and am thinking about 50-60%.  Most of the discussion for Waiver articles is about Marquise Brown and John Ross bc Williams is probably rostered in most leagues.  

Also available - John Brown and Crowder.  Apologies not trying to turn this into Assistant Coach post but think it's worth discussion for waivers.    
He has high upside WR2 /low WR1 status for the foreseeable future, and at least 4 potential shootouts within the division between KC & LAC

It also depends on your need at WR, of course. You said you’re thin, so....I would suggest spending upwards of 20-25% of your budget. But if you think that’s the universal thought, you’d need to go as high as 30-40%

i think 50% is too much, but that’s on you. 

I think he’s better than the others though John Brown for 20% of your budget wouldn’t be a bad fallback if you miss on TyWill. 

But then I’ve been driving that TyWill bandwagon, so....

:drive:  

Well, I have him on my 25 man Dynasty roster... 12 team PPR, so I am already biased.  I thought he would be an excellent value as WR3-4 for me.

With AB gone and Waller & Jacobs making the Def respect the offense in more than 1 aspect, I see Tyrell being an excellent low end WR2 in most matchups (pending def CB1).  30-35% of your FA budget should be the target to apply.  But depending on other team WR needs, you might want to see who else would make a bid. 

Dynasty price check?
I offered him for Alshon straight....  and got shot down.  I just think the Philly Offense will be Top 3 scoring/yards.  

He countered with Alshon for TY Hilton.  Passed, but I tried. 

Then I offered Tyrell & 3rd 2020 for Miles Sanders Phil RB  ....  no go there either.  I guess his value will climb if/when he repeats his production.  and is not a 1 hit wonder. 

I offered him for Alshon straight....  and got shot down.  I just think the Philly Offense will be Top 3 scoring/yards.  

He countered with Alshon for TY Hilton.  Passed, but I tried. 

Then I offered Tyrell & 3rd 2020 for Miles Sanders Phil RB  ....  no go there either.  I guess his value will climb if/when he repeats his production.  and is not a 1 hit wonder. 
Hmm, that's an interesting trade (even if it didn't happen). Alshon is almost exactly 2 years older and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start to lose significant snaps/targets to JJAW starting next season. His utility is waning while Tyrell still has some prime years/opportunity left.

Hmm, that's an interesting trade (even if it didn't happen). Alshon is almost exactly 2 years older and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start to lose significant snaps/targets to JJAW starting next season. His utility is waning while Tyrell still has some prime years/opportunity left.
Just one datapoint, but I would likely accept him for Alshon, and not remotely consider that offer for Sanders.

Secretly looking like a nice diamond in the later rounds for sure, im all over this guy at his price.

Tyrell Williams caught 5-of-7 targets for 46 yards and a touchdown in the Raiders' Week 2 loss to the Chiefs.

Williams’ touchdown saw him win in a contested-catch situation from the four-yard line. Derek Carr looked to Williams on a short goal line fade again later in the game, but didn’t give his receiver a chance and was intercepted. Williams possesses a solid weekly floor/ceiling combination as the undisputed No. 1 WR in this Raiders’ offense, although he’ll continue to battle for the team lead in targets with TE Darren Waller. Look for Williams to draw CB Xavier Rhodes in shadow coverage in Week 3 when the Raiders travel to Minnesota to take on the Vikings.

Coach Jon Gruden told reporters Monday that WR Tyrell Williams is dealing with a hip pointer.

Williams should be considered questionable for the Raiders' Week 3 matchup against the Vikings. It's a tough spot regardless, as he's expected to see shadow coverage from stud CB Xavier Rhodes. Williams has emerged as Derek Carr's No. 1 WR with 6-105-1 and 5-46-1 lines to start the season, but this matchup is best approached with extreme caution if Williams isn't close to 100%. Look for Darren Waller and Hunter Renfrow to lead the Raiders in targets if Williams is ultimately forced to miss game time.

SOURCE: Scott Bair on Twitter.

Sep 16, 2019, 4:19 PM ET

Dynasty price check?
Traded Cooks for Tyrell + Njoku + 2020 2nd.

I'm happy with it. To me it's two WR trending in different directions. Cooks fading to #3 on his team and Tyrell growing into a #1 on his team. Rams offense>Raiders offense but that's a lot closer this year than last with the Rams offense fading a bit too. Think Tyrell has a more consistent floor and a higher ceiling this year. 

Tyrell Williams (foot) did not practice Wednesday.

It's a new injury for Williams after he battled a hip pointer the last couple weeks. The Gazelle has been playing through his injuries, however, and has a touchdown catch in all four games. That streak will end sooner than later. If he suits up, Williams will be a WR4 against the Bears in London.

SOURCE: Anthony Galaviz on Twitter

Oct 2, 2019, 10:01 AM ET

I think the Hip pointer has been limiting him the last few weeks.  Add in the foot issue and Bears D and he'll find my bench this week.

He always seemed nicked in SD/LA too. Some dudes just seem more prone. I think it's a genetic and/or athletic mechanics thing with these types.

OC Greg Olson said he's hopeful that Tyrell Williams (foot) will respond well to some rest and suit up Sunday against the Bears.

Williams has seven targets in three of four games this season, although he hasn't cleared 50 receiving yards since Week 1. We'd bet against Williams' four-game touchdown streak continuing if he ultimately suits up Sunday against the Bears' No. 2-ranked defense in DVOA against No. 1 WRs (Football Outsiders). Trevor Davis, J.J. Nelson and Keelan Doss are candidates to see additional snaps if Williams is ultimately sidelined.

SOURCE: Scott Bair on Twitter.

Oct 3, 2019, 8:31 AM ET

Raiders coach Jon Gruden considers Tyrell Williams (foot) questionable for Sunday's Week 5 game against the Bears.

Williams, the only receiver in the league who has scored a touchdown in all four games this season, hasn't practiced this week while nursing an injured foot. With J.J. Nelson also banged up (a knee injury has limited his practice availability this week), Oakland could be shorthanded for Sunday's tilt in London. If that's the case, expect the Raiders to funnel their offense through workhorse Josh Jacobs and breakout tight end Darren Waller.

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports

Oct 4, 2019, 9:16 AM ET

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Tyrell Williams (questionable, foot) is a "long shot" to play Week 5 against the Bears.

Williams didn't see any practice work this week and always faced long odds of playing in London. Without him, Derek Carr will likely key in on tight end Darren Waller with rookie slot receiver Hunter Renfrow also likely to see more involvement. The loss of Williams, the only receiver in football with a touchdown in each of his first four games, leaves Oakland without its top field-stretcher.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 6, 2019, 9:35 AM ET

Raiders WR Tyrell Williams (foot) remained sidelined for Wednesday's practice.

Williams didn't practice at all before being ruled out in London. Now going on a full two weeks (and a bye's worth of rest) since the last time he took the field, it's possible he's dealing with an ailment much worse than initially indicated. Trevor Davis, Hunter Renfrow and Keelan Doss worked exclusively in Oakland's three-wide sets in Week 5, but the Raiders will likely mix in recent acquisition Zay Jones against the Packers.

SOURCE: Vic Tafur on Twitter

Oct 16, 2019, 2:29 PM ET

sorry I meant to replace Tyrell
Well, that production is going to be more difficult to replace. Does Buffalo have 50 and a score per game to distribute? Losing Zay doesn't put much more back into that pie.

But Duke seems polished and he certainly has the physical attributes.

Is Tyrell droppable in most formats now? How long do Plantar injuries last?
Totally variable -- I've read 6 to 18 months with dedicated therapy, but the rigors of playing pro football might negatively contribute.

Really depends on rest and  player response - it's a pain and therapy management issue.

not sure I would drop him....yet. There is no time table for that type of injuries. It depends on a lot of things. How bad the inflammation is, how much pain he can take, how fast the tissues heal, etc....this could be 2 weeks or 6 months and everything and anything in between. Tough to tell right now. 

not sure I would drop him....yet. There is no time table for that type of injuries. It depends on a lot of things. How bad the inflammation is, how much pain he can take, how fast the tissues heal, etc....this could be 2 weeks or 6 months and everything and anything in between. Tough to tell right now. 
Depends on league size/bench size. He's droppable in 12-team/start 3WR leagues with 15-17-player rosters, IMO.

Tyrell Williams (foot) remained sidelined on Thursday.

Coach Jon Gruden has basically already said Williams won't play Sunday. He sounds questionable for Week 8, as well. In Williams' absence, the Raiders are left with Trevor Davis, Hunter Renfrow, Keelan Doss and Zay Jones at wideout. None will be viable re-draft plays in Green Bay.

SOURCE: Jerry McDonald on Twitter

Oct 17, 2019, 2:18 PM ET

I believe some NBA players have tried to play through it but did have their minutes cut down, but it's definitely a pain tolerance type of thing, if it's effecting his ability to run routes then he's better off just sitting out which sucks.

Best case scenario is that he plays on a snap count 

Tyrell Williams (foot) is out for Week 7 against the Packers.

Williams wasn't able to practice this week with his plantar fascia injury and is looking questionable for next week as well. The Raiders will also likely be without RT Trent Brown, who is listed as doubtful. The Raiders backup receivers aren't recommended plays on the road against an above-average defense. Trevor Davis, Hunter Renfrow, Zay Jones, and Keelan Doss will be splitting reps, while Darren Waller and Josh Jacobs see most of the usage.

RELATED: 

Trent Brown

SOURCE: Vic Tafur on Twitter

Oct 18, 2019, 3:13 PM ET

Coach Jon Gruden said Tyrell Williams (foot) is questionable for the Raiders' Week 8 matchup against the Texans.

Williams ripped off 6-105-1, 5-46-1, 3-20-1 and 3-36-1 lines to start the season before missing the Raiders' Week 5 and Week 7 matchups due to a foot injury. There's a low ceiling and floor here considering Derek Carr hasn't fed Williams even eight targets in a game this season, but the talented fifth-year WR remains plenty capable of working as a WR3 as long as he continues to function as the offense's go-to downfield and red-zone threat.

SOURCE: Scott Bair on Twitter

Oct 21, 2019, 4:26 PM ET

Raiders WR Tyrell Williams (foot) returned to practice Wednesday.

It's the first time Williams has practiced since initially being diagnosed with plantar fasciitis in Week 5. Even when healthy, Williams was making his living off his unpredictable touchdown production, failing to record so much as eight targets in any game as the offense has continued to flow through Darren Waller underneath. If Williams is healthy for Sunday's matchup against the Texans, he'll qualify as a worrisome WR3.

SOURCE: Paul Gutierrez on Twitter

Oct 23, 2019, 2:33 PM ET

@AdamSchefter

Raiders’ WR Tyrell Williams, listed as questionable for Sunday’s game against the Texans due to a foot injury, is expected to play, per source.

Nice matchup against the texans indoor.....he's still a question mark...but i am thinking of putting him my lineup in PPR instead if Derrick Henry. Tough one to decide but Williams injury is mostly about pain management so how long he will play could be depending on how much pain he can take.

Tyrell Williams (foot) is active for Week 8 against the Texans.

Both Josh Jacobs (shoulder) and Williams are cleared for Oakland's pivotal Week 8 matchup against Houston. Not only should both be helped by the return of LT Trent Brown, but it will also be the first time all year Oakland's had their entire starting o-line intact. Williams in particular has a terrific chance to go nuts against a Texans secondary shot CBs Johnathan Joseph (shoulder, hamstring) and Bradley Roby (hamstring) and S Tashaun Gipson (back). Raiders have Zay Jones, Trevor Davis, Hunter Renfrow, Dwayne Harris and Williams active among receivers.

Oct 27, 2019, 3:24 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread