Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Tyrell Williams, Raiders WR (Deep dynasty watch)

Nice matchup against the texans indoor.....he's still a question mark...but i am thinking of putting him my lineup in PPR instead if Derrick Henry. Tough one to decide but Williams injury is mostly about pain management so how long he will play could be depending on how much pain he can take.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's worth rereading this thread from the start, but highlights are that - he came from a small school last year and was undrafted - he has great height and measurables (90th percentile SPAR

Combination of elite physical skills and opportunity. The best case way to view this for Williams is as follows: #1 target Allen is out for the year. Original #3 WR Stevie is out for the

Tyrell Williams (foot) is active for Week 8 against the Texans.

Both Josh Jacobs (shoulder) and Williams are cleared for Oakland's pivotal Week 8 matchup against Houston. Not only should both be helped by the return of LT Trent Brown, but it will also be the first time all year Oakland's had their entire starting o-line intact. Williams in particular has a terrific chance to go nuts against a Texans secondary shot CBs Johnathan Joseph (shoulder, hamstring) and Bradley Roby (hamstring) and S Tashaun Gipson (back). Raiders have Zay Jones, Trevor Davis, Hunter Renfrow, Dwayne Harris and Williams active among receivers.

Oct 27, 2019, 3:24 PM ET

• 2 weeks later...

Tyrell Williams caught 3-of-5 targets for 25 yards in the Raiders' Week 10 win over the Chargers.

Amazingly, Williams has now caught exactly three balls in five straight games. After scoring in five straight appearances to begin his year, Williams has been held out of the end zone in back-to-back contests. He's a low-floor WR3, though the pathetic Bengals will offer a great ceiling opportunity in Week 11.

Nov 8, 2019, 12:23 AM ET

He's gone up against some pretty tough CB's the last couple games (Hayward, Slay) but the stretch run could be productive. Renfrow getting a lot of FF board love but from what I've seen Williams seems to be the first WR option more often. Waller will get his.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, PhantomJB said:

He's gone up against some pretty tough CB's the last couple games (Hayward, Slay) but the stretch run could be productive. Renfrow getting a lot of FF board love but from what I've seen Williams seems to be the first WR option more often. Waller will get his.

Soooo, is Tyrell healed? Is he back to nearly 100%? 

I'm kinda getting a lil hesitant about some of my players coming back from injury and not performing like the studs they are, i.e Barkley, Kamara. Is Tyrell good to ball out? 

6 minutes ago, Team Smokin' said:

Soooo, is Tyrell healed? Is he back to nearly 100%? 

I'm kinda getting a lil hesitant about some of my players coming back from injury and not performing like the studs they are, i.e Barkley, Kamara. Is Tyrell good to ball out? 

Yeah, he's good to go. Plantar fasciitis goes away and is healed, if I'm not mistaken. Deep warts. This wasn't a Lisfranc thing or anything. 

• Like 3

Tyrell Williams caught all four of his targets for 82 yards in Oakland's Week 11 win over the

It's a positive that he led Oakland in receiving yards, but you now have to trace his performances back to Week 8 to find his last touchdown in the box score. Used sparingly over the top, Williams at the very least remains the team's only deep threat as Derek Carr continues peppering both Darren Waller (5/78) and Hunter Renfrow (5/66) underneath. The 'Gazelle' will be a high-end WR3 in an invigorating matchup against the Jets' secondary in Week 12.

Nov 17, 2019, 9:47 PM ET

• Like 1

Tyrell Williams caught 2-of-6 targets for 18 yards in the Raiders' Week 12 loss to the Jets.

Williams hasn’t been consistently involved in the offense since returning from injury in Week 8. This has largely been the case for all of the Raiders’ pass catchers, as Derek Carr has consistently spread the ball around to the offense’s various WRs, TEs and RBs. Sunday was an example of what this passing game can look like without the benefit of a strong rushing attack to lean on. Williams and Carr alike will have better days, but there’s a low floor for every receiver in this run-first offense. Treat him as a touchdown-dependent WR4 for his Week 13 matchup against the Chiefs.

Edited by The Frankman
  • 4 weeks later...

Tyrell Williams caught all four of his targets for 82 yards in the Raiders' Week 16 win over the Chargers.

He did all of his damage in the first half, as Derek Carr attempted just 10 second-half passes. Williams has no 100-yard games and just one touchdown since Week 8. He's devolved into a low-floor WR4 play headed into the season finale against the Broncos.

Edited by The Frankman

Coach Jon Gruden said he had a long talk with WR Tyrell Williams about getting his feet healthy.

Gruden added, "We still think he is an excellent receiver. But it's hard to play when your feet are on fire." Williams was dealing with plantar fasciitis throughout the season and missed two games. Still, his average of 10.2 yards per target ranked eighth among 127 players with at least 50 targets in 2019. Perhaps Williams could be even more efficient with healthier feet, but the larger concern is volume. He finished with fewer than eight targets in every game of his debut season with the Raiders.

SOURCE: Vic Tafur on Twitter

Dec 30, 2019, 4:42 PM ET

On 10/14/2018 at 6:46 PM, Milkman said:

He needs to get away from Rivers and the Chargers. They have ruined him pretty much. He'll blow up wherever he goes. 

2017 (Chargers) - 69 targets, 43 receptions, 728 receiving yards, 16.9 ypr, 4 receiving TDs, 29 first downs
2018 (Chargers) - 65 targets, 41 receptions, 653 receiving yards, 15.9 ypr, 5 receiving TDs, 34 first downs
2019 (Raiders) - 64 targets, 42 receptions, 651 receiving yards, 15.5 ypr, 6 receiving TDs, 33 first downs

Yes, clearly it was Rivers and the Chargers who were holding Tyrell back. 

• Laughing 1
  • 1 month later...

Tyrell Williams is "making good progress" with his plantar fasciitis problems.

Williams was slowed down by his feet last season in Oakland, but he and the team are attacking those issues early in the offseason. Coach Jon Gruden said he had a long talk with Williams right after the season was over to express confidence in his abilities. Williams averaged 10.2 yards per target last season but only caught 42 passes. He is probably best suited for a No. 2 role on an NFL offense but may have to operate as the alpha receiver if the Raiders don't upgrade their receiving room this offseason. Williams should be on the flex radar in fantasy drafts.

SOURCE: Vinny Bonsignore on Twitter

Feb 21, 2020, 3:02 PM ET

• Like 1

I had Williams as a great number 2 and going into the season not knowing AB was a complete nutjob expected great things. 

I was concerned on how he could perform once pressed into the #1 role. He played a great first game and decently following that up to his foot issues. 

I expect, as does most everyone else, for the Raiders to select their #1 WR. I expect them to either have their choice of all WR's or the second choice at worse. A rookie #1 will need to grow but it will help take pressure off of Williams. Along with a Renfrow who was visibly making great strides in growing into his role to close the season and an elite TE in Waller with a solid offensive line and effective running game, Williams is a buy now option.

• Like 1
On 12/31/2019 at 10:07 AM, Just Win Baby said:

2017 (Chargers) - 69 targets, 43 receptions, 728 receiving yards, 16.9 ypr, 4 receiving TDs, 29 first downs
2018 (Chargers) - 65 targets, 41 receptions, 653 receiving yards, 15.9 ypr, 5 receiving TDs, 34 first downs
2019 (Raiders) - 64 targets, 42 receptions, 651 receiving yards, 15.5 ypr, 6 receiving TDs, 33 first downs

Yes, clearly it was Rivers and the Chargers who were holding Tyrell back. 

A pretty consistent 64% catch rate with 16.1 YPR is very good.  15 TD's on 126 catches is very good also.  Those numbers certainly warrant more targets.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
On 2/24/2020 at 12:23 AM, TheWinz said:

A pretty consistent 64% catch rate with 16.1 YPR is very good.  15 TD's on 126 catches is very good also.  Those numbers certainly warrant more targets.

Agree, but I think that's likely going to be his stat line this coming year -- potentially even regressing slightly more.

Ty missed 4 games this season with injury and played a little hobbled in other games, so you would think if he stays healthy he will trend up.

However, Ty was never a pure WR1, and with Ruggs coming on board and Hunter Renfrew continuing to develop, and with a fully healthy Waller and Moreau (not to mention Jason Witten) and now whispers of getting Jacobs more involved, I think the ball gets spread around a lot more in this offense.

For Ty, that means less targets than he would have had had he played all 16 games. 

I think he is still talented, but I think there are other fantasy WR2s with more upside -- in the AFC West alone.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Agree, but I think that's likely going to be his stat line this coming year -- potentially even regressing slightly more.

Ty missed 4 games this season with injury and played a little hobbled in other games, so you would think if he stays healthy he will trend up.

However, Ty was never a pure WR1, and with Ruggs coming on board and Hunter Renfrew continuing to develop, and with a fully healthy Waller and Moreau (not to mention Jason Witten) and now whispers of getting Jacobs more involved, I think the ball gets spread around a lot more in this offense.

For Ty, that means less targets than he would have had had he played all 16 games. 

I think he is still talented, but I think there are other fantasy WR2s with more upside -- in the AFC West alone.

This is a solid take. 

i had high hopes for TyWill after he worked with Allen’s route running coach, and he was on a pretty good run when he got hurt. If he was going to exceed his averages he needed to stay healthy, and as you mentioned they now have added weapons.

the only thing that could cause it to break for the positive for TyWill is if those other weapons open things up for him. He seemed to be covered pretty heavily & I thought he was ill suited to the high/low cover, and especially with Carr seemingly hesitant to throw into coverage. 

if the added presence of Witten & Ruggs, & some targets to Jacobs keep defenses honest, I could see a 70/900/8 type season, which makes him a really solid WR2.

of course he’d also have to stay healthy, and foot injuries are :shrug: 

15 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

And you didn't even mention 3rd round WR Edwards or 3rd round RB/WR Bowden. Tyrell is done as a viable fantasy asset IMO.

• 1 month later...

Tyrell Williams (feet) said he's "over the hump" with his plantar fasciitis issues from last season.

Williams said he's doing daily maintenance to keep the soreness away after the foot problems popped up early last season after his hot start. With Williams healthy, the Raiders are expected to roll with a receiver combination of Williams and rookie Bryan Edwards on the outside with first-rounder Henry Ruggs in the slot or Ruggs out wide and sophomore Hunter Renfrow inside. Either way, Williams isn't expected to be much of a fantasy producer with the injection of talent in Ruggs and Edwards.

SOURCE: Vic Tafur on Twitter

Aug 12, 2020, 1:42 PM ET

Raiders.com's Kyle Martin suggests Tyrell Williams “might not be the featured receiver" on offense.

Williams was outplayed by Hunter Renfrow down the stretch last year, scoring just one of his six touchdowns after Week 5. His target share is going to drop even further with the additions of Bryan Edwards and Henry Ruggs. The foot injuries that sidelined Williams last year have potential to linger for multiple seasons. Even if he stays healthy, it won’t be surprising if Williams slides down a crowded depth chart.  The Raiders can clear $11.5 million by moving on from Williams this offseason.

RELATED: 

Bryan Edwards

, Henry Ruggs

SOURCE: raiders.com

Aug 16, 2020, 12:23 PM ET

NFL Beat Writers @32BeatWriters

“I don’t expect a huge year from (Tyrell) Williams, but his blend of size and speed is an asset worth keeping around. He hasn’t been spectacular in camp but he’s been a constant fixture in the starting lineup. (Bryan) Edwards has been impressive, but he’s still a rookie.”

https://twitter.com/32beatwriters/status/1296628441417166854?s=21

52 minutes ago, djmich said:

Perennial disappointment, already had a bum foot, a lot more competition...only thing keeping him on my dynasty roster is we opened up some spots for injured players (was for covid but can be used any injury)

Dude started last year great. TD every week. Then the foot cropped up & sad trombone. 

1 hour ago, Chadstroma said:

Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver Tyrell Williams has a torn labrum in his shoulder, Rapoport reported, per sources. He's going to try to play through it after rehabbing for a few weeks, Rapoport added.

Labrum isn’t that big a deal, depending on how bad the tear is, and whether it caused any instability.

a complete tear can lead to subluxation or (in my case) dislocation. But a partial tear is sore but not debilitating. 

• Laughing 1
On 8/24/2020 at 5:42 PM, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Labrum isn’t that big a deal, depending on how bad the tear is, and whether it caused any instability.

a complete tear can lead to subluxation or (in my case) dislocation. But a partial tear is sore but not debilitating. 

This is wrong on so many levels. A labrum tear of any kind is a huge deal for a wide receiver.

Edited by Johnny B. Goode
  • 5 months later...

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero said the Raiders are expected to release Tyrell Williams in March. 

Williams missed the entire 2020 season with a torn labrum after missing some of 2019 with persistent foot issues. Turning 29 on Friday, Williams will look to catch on as a No. 3 or No. 4 option for a wideout-needy team this offseason. He hasn't been a reliable fantasy option since 2016, when he 1,059 yards and seven touchdowns on 69 catches for the Chargers. Williams made over $21 million in two seasons with Vegas.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Feb 11, 2021, 5:13 PM ET

24 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Man - I hope he catches on as more than a 3/4. He was a very cheap dynasty stash & I'd love to cash in even if only as a toss-in for a trade. 

Green Bay plz! I also stashed him

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Raiders released WR Tyrell Williams.

Two years into his four-year deal, Williams gets the pink slip after missing all of 2020 with a shoulder injury after posting a 42-651-6 line in his first year with the Silver and Black. Williams was on a first-half tear in 2019, scoring touchdowns seemingly every week before a heel injury sapped his explosiveness. Known as "The Gazelle" in his days with the Chargers because of his big-plays, deep-threat skills, Williams will now be searching for his third team as a 29-year-old. The move saves the Raiders $10.6 million against the cap.

RELATED: 

Las Vegas Raiders

Feb 24, 2021, 4:53 PM ET

As long as the shoulder checks out, Tyrell the Gazelle would be an excellent complimentary outside piece to almost any Team with a dominant Alpha WR1. A year of being forced to operate as a miscast WR1 for the Raiders after the Antonio Brown fiasco should have, at least in theory, enhanced his ability to compete against #2 or lesser CB's. I love to root for undrafted guys who cross that barrier like him, and Preston Williams. I'd love to see him wind up on a Team with a QB who could chuck it. Paired with Adams, Diggs, Tyreek (if Watkins walks)...across from AR-15 if he winds up in the right spot, if Watson winds up in the right spot, or if the WFT or Saints land a competent QB, back with the Chargers if Williams walks. Hope the stars align for him!

Lions signed WR Tyrell Williams, formerly of the Raiders, to a one-year contract.

Released by the Raiders last week after two seasons there, Williams, 29, missed all of 2020 with a shoulder injury that required surgery. He's believed to be healthy and will give the Lions an outside deep threat for Jared Goff with Kenny Golladay and Marvin Jones slated to hit free agency in two weeks. Williams' fantasy appeal isn't high, but he could find himself playing heavy snaps if the Lions don't franchise-tag Golladay or do a whole lot else at wideout.

RELATED: 

Las Vegas Raiders

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Mar 3, 2021, 3:40 PM ET