What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Willie Snead (1 Viewer)

Going to wait a week to see how he fares Sunday. Hopefully hamstring doesn't linger or help Coleman to keep the #3 job.

Starting Maclin over him for this week.

Sean Payton says Snead is 100% healthy coming out of the bye.  Unleash the kraken!

Errr, that being said, I'm still keeping him benched for this week for Thielen, but he will surely be in my lineup next week for that juicy potential shootout with the Packers.   I'm sure he'll be a weekly starter as long as that hamstring isn't an issue.

So, do we think today's scratch was 100% injury related or is there some lingering issues from the off-season? Or something else? That high on Coleman/Ginn?

I think it was injury related, they need his services. But the presence of Ginn, Coleman & Lewis in the pass game is real. They are flowing without Snead.

Field conditions and a recovering hammy. That’s my guess why he sat. Didn’t want to risk aggravation. I bet he’s active next week at home. 

So, what's the though on Snead going forward?  I really don't know what to make of this situation...

The hammy is definitely an issue, and if he were to be fully healthy, it seems like he won't have the upside that we thought he had in the pre-season, as Ginn is starting to produce and Kamara is taking a lot of targets, too.  I'm not a Saints-expert, so please correct me if I'm reading this wrong.

If healthy, is Snead just a boom/bust flex play going forward or is anyone still holding out hope that he can be a WR2 in PPR like many thought going into the season?

So, what's the though on Snead going forward?  I really don't know what to make of this situation...

The hammy is definitely an issue, and if he were to be fully healthy, it seems like he won't have the upside that we thought he had in the pre-season, as Ginn is starting to produce and Kamara is taking a lot of targets, too.  I'm not a Saints-expert, so please correct me if I'm reading this wrong.

If healthy, is Snead just a boom/bust flex play going forward or is anyone still holding out hope that he can be a WR2 in PPR like many thought going into the season?
I'm continuing to hold him due to a lack of attractive WW options, but I am definitely annoyed. I drafted him expecting to be without for three weeks and then a full go, instead it's been a full nothing. It's hard to imagine him being the player we were expecting at any point this season, but I have held onto him this long, it seems stupid to cut him loose now.

Still a hold for me. I contend the decision to hold him out last week was due to the Saints not wanting to risk his hamstring on dicey field conditions. Could be wrong, though. Just waiting to hear something from the team. 

https://twitter.com/MikeTriplett/status/923289222668324868

Snead was a full participant today. Feel more confident that last week's inactive was due to the Saints not wanting to re-aggravate the hammy on a questionable field. Obviously worth watching but I wouldn't be shocked if he gets a full run this week. 
Very good news...also worth noting that Michael Thomas is supposedly dealing with some type of knee injury(probably nothing, but missed practice today).  If Thomas' issue is anything notable, it could make it even more likely that Snead sees a bigger role.

My question is this... Has Ginn overtaken him for the #2 receiver role for good? Ginn was supposed to be just a field stretcher, but you wonder if Snead not being around has changed the pecking order a bit.

Snead has come available on waivers and I'm thinking about dropping Cobb for him.  Going to wait till tomorrow for when waivers drop to $1 before I decide.

Is this the week he BLOWS UP on all of our benches?

CHI's solid DEF or not... It's NO, and SNead has game.

Dunno if I have the cojones to start him tho

I'd happily take the bench blow up over having him in and getting very little to no production while also questioning his ability to provide help going forward.

Not even a target today...I hate that he's just been wasting a roster spot for 8 weeks so far...there have been some good players I've cut and passed on to keep him on my team.  Ugh

Willie Snead was held without a catch in Week 8.

Snead wasn't targeted in his first game back. He's over his hamstring injury, but has been faded behind Ted Ginn and Brandon Coleman in the Saints' offense. Snead doesn't have a defined role, and can't be trusted for a Week 9 matchup with the Bucs.
This is what I was worried about...

Not even a target today...I hate that he's just been wasting a roster spot for 8 weeks so far...there have been some good players I've cut and passed on to keep him on my team.  Ugh
The Bears D is better than advertised. Brees had zero TDs today. The schedule gets pretty easy from here. I would hold Snead. 

One more week.....if no impact.....Goodbye Snead.

Only thing I can think is Snead can play but Brees wants more practice time with him to get in sync......or he's teaching Snead a lesson just like Big Ben is with Martavis.

Glimmer of hope?

Saints coach Sean Payton said the team will rely on Snead down the stretch, Josh Katzenstein of The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports.

I was still holding on but I'm dropping him for Curtis Samuel now that their GM has stated he'll take on the Funchess role post-Kelvin trade. I at least know he'll have some role even if that role is watching footballs sail over his head. 

Pretty clear Snead is deeply embedded in Payton’s doghouse, and if memory serves that’s a very difficult spot to get out of.

Damn, this has been a rough year for what I had thought was a loaded WR corps for me.  And the WW has been brutally thin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally made myself drop Willie Snead....for Rod Smith.

Translation: Everyone else should add Willie Snead before he breaks out this week.

NO could rescind the offer, and then he could go as a FA and start in CHI, or a couple other places - if he can find his game again.

this is one strange development.... on the face, it seems the suspension and injury cost him an opportunity, and NO realizing what they had in Kamara/Ingram/Thomas was working and winning games (Ginn was servicable, Fleener and Snead left for dead).

But i wonder if there was something behind the scenes that caused Payton/Brees to sour on him? Dude has to get out of NO and start fresh.

Willie Snead caught 4-of-4 targets for 64 yards and one touchdown in the Ravens' Week 1 win over the Browns.

Snead scored when the Ravens had already sealed the deal versus Cleveland but he was on the field throughout the game as the team's No. 2 receiver. He only saw four targets but also added value as a blocker downfield for Lamar Jackson. Snead's 64 receiving yards were second-most for the Ravens. Because of his proximity to Jackson, Snead has touchdown potential every week. He'll be a deep flex option as the Ravens face the Texans in Week 2.

- Rotoworld

Ravens removed Willie Snead from the reserve/COVID-19 list. 

Snead has been on the COVID list since November 29. He'll presumably be ready to play this week against the Browns. Before missing Week 12 and 13 with COVID-19, Snead was second on the team in target share, behind only Mark Andrews, from Week 6-11. He led the Ravens in receiving yards and receiving touchdowns over that stretch. If he returns to the same role in the Baltimore offense, he'll be a low-end WR2 this week against Cleveland's bottom-half secondary. 

SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter 

Dec 10, 2020, 1:36 PM ET

Willie Snead caught 5-of-5 targets for 25 yards in the Ravens' Division Round loss to the Bills.

A slot receiver only, Snead compiled 33 receptions for 432 yards and three touchdowns on 48 targets in 2020. He missed three games after popping up on the reserve/COVID-19 list. On tape, Snead operates like a true veteran but lacks the play-making ability to make him a sought-after free agent. He'll likely compete for a starting spot in three-receiver sets this summer, possibly outside of Baltimore. Snead hasn't hit 700 yards in a season since 2016. He'll be 29 years old next year.

- Rotoworld

Raiders signed WR Willie Snead, formerly of the Ravens, to a one-year contract.

It's another 'meh' move for an offense that not only lost the one receiver, Nelson Agholor, who showed glistening rapport with Derek Carr, but also jostled its core pieces in the trenches less than a year after it showed to be the strongest portion of that unit. Hunter Renfrow will still presumably start in between some machination of John Brown, Henry Ruggs, and Bryan Edwards but Snead will likely mix in sporadically. It's a situation to avoid for fantasy.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Mar 26, 2021, 1:50 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread