What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 FanDuel - Week 2 (1 Viewer)

What do you guys think of a stud heavy lineup like this in a 50/50?

The only question marks IMO are DHB and ASJ, but both have such low salary with decent usage i think it works. DHB and AB are both on Pittsburgh so I could find some other WR at 4700 or less I guess.

Andrew Luck
Matt Forte
Darren Sproles
Julio Jones
Antonio Brown
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Zach Hocker
St. Louis Rams
Doesnt Forte have a bad matchup on paper vs. Arizona? I must be missing something because he's highly ranked this week despite this.

Otherwise I like this. I've toyed with something similar, except I put Garcon and Reed in place of Heyward-Bey and ASJ, and offsetting with Ingram in place of Forte.

Just not seeing it with all the Sproles love in cash games. He played 25/74 snaps in week 1. Had 5 runs for 50 yards and managed 7 targets on 18 pass plays (and caught all 7 of those targets). That's 10 yards/carry and a target/pass play rate of 40% (not to mention a 100% catch rate on those targets). Those are some pretty high rates. Last season he played on 31% of snaps, which is right on for what he played last week. But, rushing wise he averaged 5.8 yards/carry, still very high but understandable given he plays on downs when the defense is more than likely expecting a pass. He also averaged 4.6 targets/game last year, and caught 67% of those targets. Those are much more reasonable numbers to expect going forward imo.

Personally, I'm just not ever going to be looking to play a guy who plays ~30% of snaps at RB in a cash game, even with the snap bump you get with the Eagles.

Just not seeing it with all the Sproles love in cash games. He played 25/74 snaps in week 1. Had 5 runs for 50 yards and managed 7 targets on 18 pass plays (and caught all 7 of those targets). That's 10 yards/carry and a target/pass play rate of 40% (not to mention a 100% catch rate on those targets). Those are some pretty high rates. Last season he played on 31% of snaps, which is right on for what he played last week. But, rushing wise he averaged 5.8 yards/carry, still very high but understandable given he plays on downs when the defense is more than likely expecting a pass. He also averaged 4.6 targets/game last year, and caught 67% of those targets. Those are much more reasonable numbers to expect going forward imo.

Personally, I'm just not ever going to be looking to play a guy who plays ~30% of snaps at RB in a cash game, even with the snap bump you get with the Eagles.
I see your point but he is cheap so at 5700 he won't lose your cash lineup unless he totally craters. A strategy last year was to punt a cheap WR in order to be able to use better players in cash lineups. ASJ at 4500 is an example of a punt TE.

Need to see what the people at RG think but he was mentioned on CBS Daily Fantasy Live. If his ownership is good then it makes more of a reason to play him because if he tanks some people will also have him.

I am not feeling much Thursday night love at first glance, aside from maybe Denver's defense.
I want to play in Thursday contests but fade the game entirely, but I feel there are key injuries to Sunday players I do want that I'll have to wait.
I reeeeeeeallllly like the KC defense on Thursday (good pass rush vs crappy o-line). Santos, KC kicker, is a good play too I think. I see a lower scoring game that KC wins fairly easily.

I'm fading all of the other offensive players and hope the other entrants are going nuts with Manning, Kelce, Charles, etc.

I see your point but he is cheap so at 5700 he won't lose your cash lineup unless he totally craters. A strategy last year was to punt a cheap WR in order to be able to use better players in cash lineups. ASJ at 4500 is an example of a punt TE.

Need to see what the people at RG think but he was mentioned on CBS Daily Fantasy Live. If his ownership is good then it makes more of a reason to play him because if he tanks some people will also have him.
He is cheap, but I'd rather have Benny Cunningham in that price range, especially if Tre Mason is out again. Ultimately though, RB is not a position I ever really look to punt for cash games. WR I can kind of see as it can be tougher to predict week-to-week targets and scoring from non-stud WRs. TE I can definitely see. ASJ played 59/74 snaps in week 1, I actually like him quite a bit.

The ownership % is a good point and certainly something to consider. I'm just not seeing him projecting out to anything much higher than 9.5 points this week. He's got to make some pretty ridiculous plays to get more than that given the volume of touches he's going to see. I can see the argument for him, he's just not for me.

I am not feeling much Thursday night love at first glance, aside from maybe Denver's defense.
I want to play in Thursday contests but fade the game entirely, but I feel there are key injuries to Sunday players I do want that I'll have to wait.
I reeeeeeeallllly like the KC defense on Thursday (good pass rush vs crappy o-line). Santos, KC kicker, is a good play too I think. I see a lower scoring game that KC wins fairly easily.I'm fading all of the other offensive players and hope the other entrants are going nuts with Manning, Kelce, Charles, etc.
Agreed. I'm definitely going to have some Thursday lineups where I fade everyone except KC defense.

I am biased as a KC fan. I really like the KC D this week for their 1st home game. Its gonna be loud. I am strongly considering playing Alex Smith in a GPP, just have a feeling.

Just did a quick first run for 50/50 types

Bradford 7500

Ingram 8000

Sproles 5600

A Brown 9200

J Jones 8800

J Matthews 7000

ASJ - 4500

Gano/Scobee 4600

Carolina D - 4700

I just can't see myself not having AB or Jones in 50/50's. I thought Bradford and Matthews looked good together and they are heading back home. Sproles is priced right for the chance to get touches in that offense. Ingram had a nice week and especially if Spiller is out again he should have a nice game against the Bucs. Jenkins got targets and the NO defense isn't exactly great so for 4500 he could earn on that. Carolina is playing the disaster of an offense that currently is Houston at home. Really early though, just playing around still.
Ok made a few changes...

Bradford

Forsett - good matchup even on the road

Woodhead - out snapped Gordon and should always have a safe floor with his pass catching

J Jones

A Brown

J Matthews - If I can make it work I like locking these 3 into all my 50/50 games

ASJ - can't pass up that 4500 price that let's me get those 3 WR's

J Brown - Big week last week and in another game where there could be scoring

NO Saints - With only 4500 left I like the home game against a rookie QB.

Using the interactive value charts with Dodds' projections, it keeps giving me Manziel at QB. Is he really this week's Tyrod Taylor? I dont think I can pull the trigger on that one.

What does everyone think of Tyrod for Week 2 Cash games? He's apparently pretty decent, and NE's defense at home last week wasnt exactly stellar according to PFF numbers. So far, he's the only QB I can roster where I end up really liking the rest of my team.

QB Tyrod Taylor
RB Matt Forte
RB Benny Cunningham (or Sproles if Gurley and/or Mason play)
WR Antonio Brown
WR Julio Jones
WR Jordan Matthews
TE Jordan Reed
PK Zach Hocker
DEF New Orleans Saints

Annnnd, ... Julio Jones is questionable. I really hope theres some clarification before tomorrows start because that news blows up my cash game strategy.

I believe Bradford is a more accurate QB than Foles or Sanchez, and with packaged plays just for Sproles, I see his numbers improving at least a bit over last year. Therefore, his score from a horrid game last week appears to represent closer to his floor - around 12 points.

With a salary of 5.6k I think you're right at value. If he breaks one, or scores you're sitting very nice, and he does return punts for one of the better special team units in the league.

All in all, even with a low % of snaps, I think he represents steady value, with some upside at a low price point. 3 ways to score.

I believe Bradford is a more accurate QB than Foles or Sanchez, and with packaged plays just for Sproles, I see his numbers improving at least a bit over last year. Therefore, his score from a horrid game last week appears to represent closer to his floor - around 12 points.With a salary of 5.6k I think you're right at value. If he breaks one, or scores you're sitting very nice, and he does return punts for one of the better special team units in the league.

All in all, even with a low % of snaps, I think he represents steady value, with some upside at a low price point. 3 ways to score.
To me he's the functional equivalent to a high-end 2nd unit guy in NBA dailies -- you know he's getting the equivalent of 12 minutes of high usage at a minimum, but no more than 14 minutes barring injury or some other oddity. Those kinds of guys can have real value, but they have a pretty low floor.

What does everyone think of Tyrod for Week 2 Cash games? He's apparently pretty decent, and NE's defense at home last week wasnt exactly stellar according to PFF numbers. So far, he's the only QB I can roster where I end up really liking the rest of my team.

QB Tyrod Taylor

RB Matt Forte

WR Antonio Brown

WR Julio Jones

WR Jordan Matthews

TE Jordan Reed

PK Zach Hocker

DEF New Orleans Saints
I've got the exact same lineup sitting as my placeholder on Fanduel. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

I just don't know if I'm sold on Tyrod Taylor against NE. NE may not have looked great last week, but that was against Big Ben and the Steelers...BUF is not even close to that type of offense.

Annnnd, ... Julio Jones is questionable. I really hope theres some clarification before tomorrows start because that news blows up my cash game strategy.
Hope this helps:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/16/julio-jones-doesnt-practice-but-expected-to-play-sunday/

"Julio Jones doesn’t practice, but expected to play Sunday"

I'm starting him in cash games for what that's worth.
It is, thank you. This non-story explains why I wasnt seeing anything on twitter about it

QB Tyrod Taylor

RB Matt Forte

WR Antonio Brown

WR Julio Jones

WR Jordan Matthews

TE Jordan Reed

PK Zach Hocker

DEF New Orleans Saints
I've got the exact same lineup sitting as my placeholder on Fanduel. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

I just don't know if I'm sold on Tyrod Taylor against NE. NE may not have looked great last week, but that was against Big Ben and the Steelers...BUF is not even close to that type of offense.
I feel like this is the lineup you get with the interactive value chart, if youre not putting enough weight into the context of the data that the algorithm is using. Tyrod played game 1 without the opposing coordinator having any idea what to scheme for. The Patriots arent going to have that problem, hes going to see complex defenses against much better personnel. I can envision a scenario where he hits 3x value for a GPP, but unlike last week, I can also envision a likely scenario where he doesnt hit 2x value for a cash game. Cunningham, while cheap is going against a very good defensive front 7. Im expecting like a 15 for 55 line while Foles throws for 300 against that awful secondary. Which, brings me to where Im looking this week for my cheap cash option, Foles.

Im also off the Saints defense every week. Theyre just bad, I dont care if theyre playing Jamis at home, Ill take Denver for $300 less on Thursday, or spend $400 more for the Rams against Washington.

QB Tyrod Taylor

RB Matt Forte

WR Antonio Brown

WR Julio Jones

WR Jordan Matthews

TE Jordan Reed

PK Zach Hocker

DEF New Orleans Saints

. Tyrod played game 1 without the opposing coordinator having any idea what to scheme for. The Patriots aren't going to have that problem,
Exactly, because they have 2 years of exclusive practice tapes.

QB Tyrod Taylor

RB Matt Forte

WR Antonio Brown

WR Julio Jones

WR Jordan Matthews

TE Jordan Reed

PK Zach Hocker

DEF New Orleans Saints

. Tyrod played game 1 without the opposing coordinator having any idea what to scheme for. The Patriots aren't going to have that problem,
Exactly, because they have 2 years of exclusive practice tapes.
Well we are talking about the Patriots...

QB Tyrod Taylor

RB Matt Forte

WR Antonio Brown

WR Julio Jones

WR Jordan Matthews

TE Jordan Reed

PK Zach Hocker

DEF New Orleans Saints

I feel like this is the lineup you get with the interactive value chart, if youre not putting enough weight into the context of the data that the algorithm is using. Tyrod played game 1 without the opposing coordinator having any idea what to scheme for. The Patriots arent going to have that problem, hes going to see complex defenses against much better personnel. I can envision a scenario where he hits 3x value for a GPP, but unlike last week, I can also envision a likely scenario where he doesnt hit 2x value for a cash game. Cunningham, while cheap is going against a very good defensive front 7. Im expecting like a 15 for 55 line while Foles throws for 300 against that awful secondary. Which, brings me to where Im looking this week for my cheap cash option, Foles.

Im also off the Saints defense every week. Theyre just bad, I dont care if theyre playing Jamis at home, Ill take Denver for $300 less on Thursday, or spend $400 more for the Rams against Washington.
All excellent points. Thank you.

I still think I am on Bradford in Cash games, but in GPP's I am looking at Palmer and Brown or Fitz a lot right now. Not sure how it will look in the end, but I love how the Cards throw it vertical a lot.

Some will depend on what happens tonight, but it looks like I'm in pretty good shape to clear about 130-150% of what I invested in week 1. As I suspected, the flawed valuations on my speculative plays like Abdullah, Stevie, and Eifert really worked in my favor and gave my teams a huge boost in week 1. Now with the cat (somewhat) out of the bag on my (and other) sleeper picks, I think it will be harder to win that way. That's why I wanted to splurge big in week one, when I felt my edge was biggest. Now I'm probably going to cash out my original buy-ins and then just nit it up with my winnings for the rest of the season.

Looking ahead, it's going to be tougher. 50/50s are a different beast compared with the big tourneys, but I'm definitely going to consider flowing against the market in certain situations. The Jones/Adams thing is a great example. Jones was the hot hand last week, but it was mainly down to red zone looks. Adams was a monster there in college and still seems like the much better weekly play to me. If their prices are similar, I would roll with Adams. In general, I'm going to look hard at some of the bounce-back week 1 duds. It's difficult for me to believe that the likes of Calvin, Luck, and Watkins will not have their fair share of huge games.
I aboslutely agree in GPP that going with Elite week1 duds is prudent. In cash games I'm staying away from the potential flashes in the pan and the flip side of those same plays.

Just did a quick first run for 50/50 types

Bradford 7500

Ingram 8000

Sproles 5600

A Brown 9200

J Jones 8800

J Matthews 7000

ASJ - 4500

Gano/Scobee 4600

Carolina D - 4700

I just can't see myself not having AB or Jones in 50/50's. I thought Bradford and Matthews looked good together and they are heading back home. Sproles is priced right for the chance to get touches in that offense. Ingram had a nice week and especially if Spiller is out again he should have a nice game against the Bucs. Jenkins got targets and the NO defense isn't exactly great so for 4500 he could earn on that. Carolina is playing the disaster of an offense that currently is Houston at home. Really early though, just playing around still.
Ok made a few changes...

Bradford

Forsett - good matchup even on the road

Woodhead - out snapped Gordon and should always have a safe floor with his pass catching

J Jones

A Brown

J Matthews - If I can make it work I like locking these 3 into all my 50/50 games

ASJ - can't pass up that 4500 price that let's me get those 3 WR's

J Brown - Big week last week and in another game where there could be scoring

NO Saints - With only 4500 left I like the home game against a rookie QB.
I don't trust Woodhead because he had two TDs which inflated his score. If he didn't get the scores he didn't do that well.

QB Tyrod Taylor

RB Matt Forte

WR Antonio Brown

WR Julio Jones

WR Jordan Matthews

TE Jordan Reed

PK Zach Hocker

DEF New Orleans Saints

All excellent points. Thank you.
No problem. I have strong opinions so make of them what you will. When Im wrong Im happy to miss spectacularly. My real process is envisioning each players floor, ceiling, and likely outcome for a game. Any player I think has a low floor is off my cash game considerations irregardless of what I think their ceiling is.

Whats your guys thoughson this potential line up

Brees 8900

Abdulah 6200

Woodhead 6400

Cooks 7400

Matthews 7000

Beckham 8700

Witten 6000

Brown 4500

STL D 4900

I have this lineup so far.. Sure I will thinker with it

• QB
    Andrew Luck
    IND V NYJTHIS MONDAY 8:30PM EDT
  • RB
    Christopher Ivory
    NYJ @ INDTHIS MONDAY 8:30PM EDT
  • RB
    Bishop Sankey
    TEN @ CLETHIS SUNDAY 1PM EDT
  • WR
    Julio Jones
    ATL @ NYGTHIS SUNDAY 1PM EDT
  • WR
    Donte Moncrief
    IND V NYJTHIS MONDAY 8:30PM EDT
  • WR
    DeAndre Hopkins
    HOU @ CARTHIS SUNDAY 1PM EDT
  • TE
    Heath Miller
    PIT V SFTHIS SUNDAY 1PM EDT
  • K
    Robbie Gould
    CHI V ARITHIS SUNDAY 1PM EDT
  • D
    Tennessee Titans
    TEN @ CLETHIS SUNDAY 1PM EDT

I am looking at Eddie Lacy at 8100 if you aren't going with Ingram. While Lacy is facing Seattle he is still at home and will get a lot of work in what Vegas thinks is a close game. If Packers can get in front Lacy could be running most of the game and he will get GL work.

I find a good strategy is to list out all the cash plays you are considering using by salary for each position. Like you would write Sproles, Ameer, Ingram, Lacy as a ladder. Then you can focus on only the players by position you will consider for cash games. If I read up or see something about why another player in that position should be a cash play I can add it.

Lance Dunbar - RB DAL at 4800 has a ton of value imo.

Dallas will be in a shootout with Philly. Without Dez they will look to more of what we saw out of Dunbar in week 1. I was shocked how many plays that were clearly designed to get the ball in his hands.

I don't see that changing Week 2.

I am looking at Eddie Lacy at 8100 if you aren't going with Ingram. While Lacy is facing Seattle he is still at home and will get a lot of work in what Vegas thinks is a close game. If Packers can get in front Lacy could be running most of the game and he will get GL work.

I find a good strategy is to list out all the cash plays you are considering using by salary for each position. Like you would write Sproles, Ameer, Ingram, Lacy as a ladder. Then you can focus on only the players by position you will consider for cash games. If I read up or see something about why another player in that position should be a cash play I can add it.
That is a valid point on Lacy but then again would it really surprise you to see him finish something like 15-42 0 TD? No it wouldn't. I just don't see how he would be worth the risk at that price against that defense.

Forsett is a much better bet in that range imo

Lance Dunbar - RB DAL at 4800 has a ton of value imo.

Dallas will be in a shootout with Philly. Without Dez they will look to more of what we saw out of Dunbar in week 1. I was shocked how many plays that were clearly designed to get the ball in his hands.

I don't see that changing Week 2.
I've been trying to figure out where the value is with Dallas because I think they're going to score some points. The game script has me stumped. I'm assuming Dallas will open trying to have 10:00 drives like they started doing against NYG. That screams running game/short passing game to me. When/if they fall behind I assume they'll start slinging the ball all over the field -- something Romo is very good at. And I don't think Philly's defense is particularly good, especially in the secondary.

Dunbar is affordable for sure, as are Williams and Beasley. Witten is a little pricey but not too bad. Hell, you can buy all four for $22,800.

QB Tyrod Taylor

RB Matt Forte

WR Antonio Brown

WR Julio Jones

WR Jordan Matthews

TE Jordan Reed

PK Zach Hocker

DEF New Orleans Saints
I really do not get the Benny Cunningham love.

QB Tyrod Taylor

RB Matt Forte

WR Antonio Brown

WR Julio Jones

WR Jordan Matthews

TE Jordan Reed

PK Zach Hocker

DEF New Orleans Saints
With it looking like Mason will play I would think the Cunningham love goes way down.

QB Tyrod Taylor

RB Matt Forte

WR Antonio Brown

WR Julio Jones

WR Jordan Matthews

TE Jordan Reed

PK Zach Hocker

DEF New Orleans Saints
With it looking like Mason will play I would think the Cunningham love goes way down.
It does for me for sure.

Yeah Cunningham's pretty much off my lineups for now.

Like others, I REALLY want the Julio/Antonio/Matthews trio at WR but so many of the value RBs are on the road, which scares me.

Yeah Cunningham's pretty much off my lineups for now.

Like others, I REALLY want the Julio/Antonio/Matthews trio at WR but so many of the value RBs are on the road, which scares me.
I'm almost completely committed to rolling that trio out in my Thursday cash games, although the Julio not practicing thing gives me the specter of worry. Figure ownership percentages will be off the charts regardless. I think I can make it work well enough if I can find some value with 1 super-cheap RB. I'm leaning towards Dunbar.

I'm a little cold on Julio this week. I think DRC will slow him a bit, plus he is nursing a hammy now. He will still get his, but in my mind the likelihood of a huge game is lessened.

I think OBJ is the play with Antonio Brown in week 2.

Trotting out Jameis Winston in a few lineups this week. Really liking the flexibility he offers to the rest of my lineup.

Im new to fanduel. Last week was my first time. But what do you guys think about this lineup?

Bradford

Hyde

Abdullah

A.Brown

Beckham Jr.

J.Matthews

Reed

Brown

Carolina

I think Abdullah might be great value against a defense that got shredded by Hyde Monday night. and Like many of you I love the Brown/Beckham/Matthews combo

Jordan Reed apparently has a hamstring injury, hes certainly off my Thursday night lineups for the time being.

Gurley has been practicing too, doubt he has a big game, but even 5-7 carries is probably enough to kill any value Cunningham or Mason would have.

Im new to fanduel. Last week was my first time. But what do you guys think about this lineup?

Bradford

Hyde

Abdullah

A.Brown

Beckham Jr.

J.Matthews

Reed

Brown

Carolina

I think Abdullah might be great value against a defense that got shredded by Hyde Monday night. and Like many of you I love the Brown/Beckham/Matthews combo
Personally I'm waiting to see if OBJ can handle the coverage being thrown at him. He probably can, but I'm going with Julio this week.

My gut tells me the Niners are in for a letdown slaughter at Pittsburgh. Cant pull the trigger on Hyde.

Yeah, I've moved on to Dunbar as a cheap RB punt. Sounds risky for cash games though.
Agree completely that there's some risk with Dunbar in cash games. It feels like he has a floor of 6 or 7 though because he looks like the pass-catcher out of the backfield, but that might just be me lying to myself.

Users who are viewing this thread