What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 Draft Kings - Week 2 (1 Viewer)

Borden

Footballguy
*** I don't know if some else is in charge of these, if so I'm sorry for stepping on your toes.

Some player's I like for Week 2.

Baltimore @ Oak $2900

Buffalo vs NE $2900

Hyde $5100

Ivory $4700

Karlos Williams $3300

Heyward-Bey $3300

Eifert $4200

Fitzpatrick $5500

Feel free to demand an explanation for any of these guys.

Chasing Hyde this week may be a mistake. I see high percentage of ownership this week and maybe 100 yards and a TD. Rather swing for points elsewhere.

Chasing Hyde this week may be a mistake. I see high percentage of ownership this week and maybe 100 yards and a TD. Rather swing for points elsewhere.
His price is so low its going to be hard not to play him in what appears to be a very nice matchup. In GPP I can see switching it up but cash I think he is almost a must play at his price point.

Hyde and ivory for sure

S. Johnson is still cheap as is James Jones

Will prob pay up for Brees at home vs tb

Last edited by a moderator:
Seem to be using a lot of Hyde/Ameer/Forsett/Ingram right now. Might be a mistake chasing them but the floors are almost too good at the prices for 50/50's and double ups.

Other guys who might be great plays:

Stevie Johnson - 4200

Terrance Williams (no Dez) - 4200

Pierre Garcon (no Jackson) - 5000

Moncrief (Will TY be out?) - 4600

How does everyone feel about OBJ this week? The Cowboys aren't known for their shutdown corners, especially with Scandrick out and they kept him under wraps pretty good. Atlanta isn't a stud defense but Dan Quinn did a decent job against the Eagles last week.

He's down to $8800 from $9200 last week.

need2know said:
Hyde and ivory for sure

S. Johnson is still cheap as is James Jones

Will prob pay up for Brees at home vs tb
I think the 3 Stacks I would like to roll out would be;

Brees and Cooks

Ben and Brown

Rodgers and Cobb

There's enough value to be found that spending up on a high end QB/WR pair would be probably be ideal.

The way NO was using so many designed pass plays to the RBs, am I crazy to be looking at a Brees/Ingram or Brees/Robinson stack (if CJ is out)? Against Tampa?

Few Players I like

QB

Ryan

Bradford

TE

Witten

Miller

Eifert

Maybe Reed

Don't think I will be paying up for Gronk this week

RB

Ingram

Hyde

Woodhead

Cheapies

K Robinson

Dunbar

WR

J Jones

A Brown

Moncrief

Wright

J Brown

S Johnson although not nearly as much as last week

DT

NO

if you need to go real cheap to try and get Brown and Jones in the lineup

Oakland

Few Players I like

QB

Ryan

Bradford

TE

Witten

Miller

Eifert

Maybe Reed

RB

Ingram

Hyde

Woodhead

Cheapies

K Robinson

Dunbar

WR

J Jones

A Brown

Moncrief

Wright

J Brown

DT

NO

Oakland
If you go with Palmer, Woodhead and Sproles. You can fit Hyde,AB,Jones and a Edelman priced wr in to a lineup.

Few Players I like

QB

Ryan

Bradford

TE

Witten

Miller

Eifert

Maybe Reed

RB

Ingram

Hyde

Woodhead

Cheapies

K Robinson

Dunbar

WR

J Jones

A Brown

Moncrief

Wright

J Brown

DT

NO

Oakland
If you go with Palmer, Woodhead and Sproles. You can fit Hyde,AB,Jones and a Edelman priced wr in to a lineup.
I'm not as high on Palmer as most this week but I may use him some. Love Woodhead will be in almost all my lineups. Don't like Sproles he just isn't in the game enough if Im going cheap RB I prefer Dunbar or Cunningham if Mason is still out.

Well with Mason looking likely to play I would avoid the rams running backs completely. Also with CJ Spiller looking like he might play K Robinson is no longer a cheap option.

Bradford still seems like the QB play for cash games. He threw 52 times last week. Also like Palmer at his price, expecting more volume from him.

If McCoy cant go then William is very cheap and likely moves to the top of my cheap RBs board. Haven't put him in any lineups yet as I will wait for more news on McCoy.

Few Players I like

QB

Ryan

Bradford

TE

Witten

Miller

Eifert

Maybe Reed

RB

Ingram

Hyde

Woodhead

Cheapies

K Robinson

Dunbar

WR

J Jones

A Brown

Moncrief

Wright

J Brown

DT

NO

Oakland
I'm not as high on Palmer as most this week but I may use him some. Love Woodhead will be in almost all my lineups. Don't like Sproles he just isn't in the game enough if Im going cheap RB I prefer Dunbar or Cunningham if Mason is still out.
Looking things over, agree with you on Sproles.

Few Players I like

QB

Ryan

Bradford

TE

Witten

Miller

Eifert

Maybe Reed

RB

Ingram

Hyde

Woodhead

Cheapies

K Robinson

Dunbar

WR

J Jones

A Brown

Moncrief

Wright

J Brown

DT

NO

Oakland
Looking things over, agree with you on Sproles.
Woodhead is only 500 more than Sproles.

Crushed all of my double ups with 170+ with Lynch remaining with Edelman, Winston, ODB, Fitz, DWill in most lineups

Tourneys I didn't fare so hot. A few possible min cashes but nothing big.

Crushed all of my double ups with 170+ with Lynch remaining with Edelman, Winston, ODB, Fitz, DWill in most lineups

:hifive:

I went all-in with this lineup in four 50/50 games:

QB - Palmer

RB - Hyde

RB - Abdullah

WR - A Brown

WR - Fitzgerald

WR - Garcon

TE - Eifert

FLEX - Marshawn

DEF - Ravens

Looks like I'm going to double everything I spent. Also set to possibly cash with a different lineup in a small freeroll (had A-Rob in that one).

:hifive:

I went all-in with this lineup in four 50/50 games:

QB - Palmer

RB - Hyde

RB - Abdullah

WR - A Brown

WR - Fitzgerald

WR - Garcon

TE - Eifert

FLEX - Marshawn

DEF - Ravens

Looks like I'm going to double everything I spent. Also set to possibly cash with a different lineup in a small freeroll (had A-Rob in that one).
We missed on Lynch but it didn't matter in the 50/50s thankfully.

What was your reasoning for Fitz (over say, John Brown)? IMO he looked healthier, more spy week 1 compared to last season and he has consistently gotten targets from Palmer. That combined with the plus matchup against SD. Ellington out meant a slight uptick in expected passes to WRs from Palmer. John Brown is still more of a GPP play in that he has hit deep a few times but hasn't been the target hound that Fitz still is, albeit only at times. The targets and catches I expected, the TDs were a pleasant surprise!

Gonna lose again. Ugh. Once again my high dollar plays did squat. Brees and lynch killed me
This seems to be this season's theme thus far, unfortunately. The midpriced value plays (Edelman, Stevie) are killing it while the top guys are more game flow dependent than expected.

Real good week for me, no big wins but going have 100% ROI on DK and close to that on FantasyScore. Moncrief pushed it up some tonight.

What was your reasoning for Fitz (over say, John Brown)? IMO he looked healthier, more spy week 1 compared to last season and he has consistently gotten targets from Palmer. That combined with the plus matchup against SD. Ellington out meant a slight uptick in expected passes to WRs from Palmer. John Brown is still more of a GPP play in that he has hit deep a few times but hasn't been the target hound that Fitz still is, albeit only at times. The targets and catches I expected, the TDs were a pleasant surprise!
Well, you've gotta run lucky to get 3 TDs from a player. There's no way you anticipate that. It's just something freaky that can happen.

That being said, my basic strategy in the 50/50 games is to gravitate towards high-opportunity guys with solid talent. Fitz has done well with Palmer dating back to last season and had a good number of targets in Week 1. I knew that he had a good chance to finish above his price point. Same with Garcon. Not a great player, but with Jackson out and Reed possibly hobbled I knew that he would see a lot of targets. I honestly had Allen Robinson as another of my cheap WR targets and it was similar reasoning to the Fitz thing: I suspected he was a good player and I felt he was likely to get a lot of targets. Did I predict two deep TDs? Absolutely not, but he was a solid weekly PPR play last season when healthy and had no reason to be any worse this year. With his price in the gutter after his week 1 dud, he was a compelling buy who I would've rostered more places if Fitz and Garcon hadn't also been so cheap.

In a 50/50, I am not looking to get the perfect lineup. I'm just trying to pin down a few really reliable high dollar guys and then surround them with high floor plays who are unlikely to give me a dud week. At WR that means targets targets targets. Anyone who gets targets should produce something and if the guy is a good player then he has a chance to yield more than that.

Users who are viewing this thread