What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Heath Miller 2015 Redraft Thread (1 Viewer)

pghrob

Hail to the Chief
After week 2 in PPR leagues, aging but reliable Heath Miller is 10th in TE scoring. He is tied for 3rd in TE targets with 13. He has chemistry with Big Ben but likely benefited from both Bryant and Bell being out.

Now Bell is returning from suspension bringing yet another receiving threat to the Steelers potent offense. Bryant is due to return in 2 more weeks. There are only so many targets to spread out among the many Steelers pass catchers. Yet I have a hard time actually downgrading Miller. If anything, the arrival of yet MORE receiving options is likely going to free him up even more.

Any thoughts on good ol' Heath Miller the rest of the way?

I think he is on his way down going forward but that it is not because of Bell. Bell's touches won't be significantly different than DeAngelos, what will hurt though is when Bryant returns. I think Gates if available in your league would be a good pick up to take over when Bryant returns.

There are three reasons I'm relatively bullish on Heath: rapport with Ben, rash of TEs getting hurt and PIT's offense is becoming elite.

Brown is the big dog, Bell will get his touches and receptions... After that, there are enough targets to support 2 more players. I'm guessing it will go Bryant, Miller then Wheaton. So if Miller averages 6 targets a week, he's a boring TE1

And the 2 pt conversion seems to be a staple for PIT

Miller will likely remain the go-to guy (after Brown, of course) for 1st down conversions also. That and goalline seem to be the bulk of Miller's targets, so I wouldn't worry too much about a drop-off due to Bryant, who is mainly deep threat.

Could lose some of that to Bell receptions, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread