What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 3 Murray out. Who is Starting Sproles? (1 Viewer)

pghrob

Hail to the Chief
With Murray out, if you have Sproles, are you starting him? If you are, who sits on the bench in his place? What is your scoring format? In my PPR league I am thinking of starting Sproles over Dion Lewis.

I am benching him under AP and lewis. I like sproles a lot but i do not trust this offense until they prove to me they are good. Im benching all eagles that i own until they show me they are back to a powerful offense.

Going with Sproles over a few decent names. .5 on the ppr and think Chip really needs to get this offense going and Mathews will not be that guy. I have liked this play all week even before the Murray out status.

Sproles game isn't really affected by Murray. You either start him or sit him based on what you think he'll get.

I saw more people saying Mathews was getting the start. I won't be starting him, although I would have if I hadn't already started Vereen (PPR) on Thursday. Gordon in at the other RB spot and Moncrief and K. Allen at flexes.

Need to see more out of the offense before believing in them, especially against the Jets.

Sproles game isn't really affected by Murray. You either start him or sit him based on what you think he'll get.
I understand your premise but I have to disagree. Touches are touches and it's safe to say Sproles certainly is in line for more this week.

I was starting him in a PPR anyways but this cements my decision.

What about Mathews?
Matthews will not get many catches so if you think he can run for 16-20 carries and 100 yards and a td against the jets go for it but i really have my doubts on that. Jets have a solid defense and lead the league in turnovers with 10 in 2 weeks. I see eagles getting down and behind and thats when screen plays to sproles come in.

What about Mathews?
Matthews will not get many catches so if you think he can run for 16-20 carries and 100 yards and a td against the jets go for it but i really have my doubts on that. Jets have a solid defense and lead the league in turnovers with 10 in 2 weeks. I see eagles getting down and behind and thats when screen plays to sproles come in.
Mathews can be plenty active in the pass game....

You guys are ridiculous if you don't see Sproles getting more carries with Murray out. They were all being rotated, with Sproles getting the least early down work. Now Murray is out, Matthews isn't seeing every single carry.

You guys are ridiculous if you don't see Sproles getting more carries with Murray out. They were all being rotated, with Sproles getting the least early down work. Now Murray is out, Matthews isn't seeing every single carry.
Of the early down work? He probably will get he bulk. Sproles in on 3rd downs and maybe start a series or two.

Of the early down work? He probably will get he bulk. Sproles in on 3rd downs and maybe start a series or two.
I'm sure he will see the bulk, but Sproles will see an increase. No way Matthews gets the vast majority unless he's ripping off runs, which I don't see happening.

Mathews 24-108-0, 2-20-1

Sproles 11-17-1, 4-19-0

Though Sproles AND Mathews both had wheel routes for sure TDs that they dropped.

Users who are viewing this thread