What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG-downgrade Joseph Randle (1 Viewer)

I have been a FBG member a long time. Today I'd like to point out a trend I've noticed for a long time in the upgrade and downgrades section sent out weekly.

Last week Joseph Randle was downgraded last week because of last week's performance without much looking into the near future.

At the end of the week one comeback, Randle was huge in the comeback showing the confidence Dallas has in him. Last week Dallas lost their starting QB, I think you can draw a line thru that game for many starters.

Now in a week Dallas faces one of the worst defenses last year in a game Dallas has their starting QB out, you would think they would be RB heavy.

So why downgrade him? Why not say holding steady. Not having him in your weekly top 15 is a big mistake as well. Dallas has one of the top Olines vs one of the worst defenses, this is not rocket science.

I ask that when upgrading and downgrading, before looking at just the game they had look into future weeks and situations before the label. If not, you can ask me for some help and I certainly will oblige.

They downgrade him bc they are all in on the Christina Michael kool aid.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was STILL downgraded and they recommended a 75% FAAB bid on CM, "if Joseph Randle can rack up 2 [or more, the game is young] tds and 100+ yards imagine what Michael could have done! Go all in on Michael this week."

avoiding injuries said:
ponchsox said:
Don't make your lineup decisions based on what they say.
Serious question. What are you paying for then?
Sometimes I really don't know. At the end of the day, FBGs are "just guys" tbh. Sure many of them do this for a living but the amount of time many of us spend researching, their guess is as good as ours *sometimes*. They just have a website. Honestly I take the opinions, look at my own opinion and go from there. If their opinion is the same as mine it's probably good confirmation I'm not an idiot, if it's not then I have some thinking to do.

Also, draft dominator. Although my drafts are always crap and my team is built throug fa and ww, somehow I feel like I can't live without it.

Maybe we are all suckers... :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
avoiding injuries said:
ponchsox said:
Sometimes I really don't know. At the end of the day, FBGs are "just guys" tbh. Sure many of them do this for a living but the amount of time many of us spend researching, their guess is as good as ours *sometimes*. They just have a website.Honestly I take the opinions, look at my own opinion and go from there. If their opinion is the same as mine it's probably good confirmation I'm not an idiot, if it's not then I have some thinking to do.

Also, draft dominator. Although my drafts are always crap and my team is built throug fa and ww, somehow I feel like I can't live without it.

Huh? Your drafts are always crap and you build through FA and WW and you dump on the DD? I love the DD. I don't always go with their projections, but it makes the draft so easy to manage. Maybe if you didn't draft like crap you would win every year.

LittlePhatty said:
Please start your own website that attempts to predict the future, then let us know how how it goes.
Agreed. What a stupid post and I own Joseph Randle. Way to go out on a limb to post that after Randle already has his best set of runs all year. I'll be honest and say I didn't start Randle this week and it was a mistake. I do like to see it however knowing that he looked better than last week.

Stbugs, it wasn't a stupid post because I see this all the time. One week is a downgrade now amazingly 1 week later he is an upgrade, he ate his vegetables this week.

For those that say don't base your lineup on it, I base mine on lots of info, but I don't like to read from the site I pay for a downgrade when they were playing Atlanta this week. Look ahead. On the flip slide, I would now not give a huge upgrade to Randle coming off this week because you don't play Atlanta every week.

I have noticed this with various players many times over the last several years. It caught my attention when I saw Randle on the downgrade list and it stood out to me. So when I saw the start he had I had to make mention and then he just continued. It's ironic the guy who called me stupid is the guy who benched Randle, I'll refrain from name calling but come on bro, I hope it doesn't cost you your win.

I have been around since the Ild Yeller Days. I've seen a lot of guys who were legends in their own minds been banned from this site and members turn into great attributes for FBG. I would like to see more gut instincts incorporated into this portion, not just put numbers in a computer and the numbers spit out and there you have your list. It used to be more like that, it's that way of thinking that gets Randle not on the downgraded list.

avoiding injuries said:
ponchsox said:
Sometimes I really don't know. At the end of the day, FBGs are "just guys" tbh. Sure many of them do this for a living but the amount of time many of us spend researching, their guess is as good as ours *sometimes*. They just have a website.Honestly I take the opinions, look at my own opinion and go from there. If their opinion is the same as mine it's probably good confirmation I'm not an idiot, if it's not then I have some thinking to do.

Huh? Your drafts are always crap and you build through FA and WW and you dump on the DD? I love the DD. I don't always go with their projections, but it makes the draft so easy to manage. Maybe if you didn't draft like crap you would win every year.
Let me add I do like the DD in managing my team and the draft. It's great. Often however it's asking me to take my rb5 over a wr3 or starting te. I need to figure out if ther is a "next" option where if I don't like who it's telling me to take, can I see who the second best would be

I'll add that I'm typically drafting at the back end of the draft bc I've won the last three years, so the last pick of the first round, in my league with our keeper rules, leaves me a very thin crop at RB. I wouldn't blame DD for that. Heck, I'm usually pretty happy after my draft. Just been wrong last yr on Ball, RG3, Malcolm Floyd, and this year on Lamar Miller and I was stuck with shady who isn't bad but sure isn't great.

Yeah I dunno...I get the frustration (I'm a Randle owner) but that RB situation has been pretty damn murky so far. Nobody can predict the future...they do their best analyzing the situation with the information in front of us. This kind of thing happens all the time...player looks like he's floundering and them BAM runs away with the job out of nowhere when something clicks much to the surprise of everyone. That's what makes this stuff fun.

Iwannabeacowboybaby! said:
I have been a FBG member a long time. Today I'd like to point out a trend I've noticed for a long time in the upgrade and downgrades section sent out weekly.

Last week Joseph Randle was downgraded last week because of last week's performance without much looking into the near future.

At the end of the week one comeback, Randle was huge in the comeback showing the confidence Dallas has in him. Last week Dallas lost their starting QB, I think you can draw a line thru that game for many starters.

Now in a week Dallas faces one of the worst defenses last year in a game Dallas has their starting QB out, you would think they would be RB heavy.

So why downgrade him? Why not say holding steady. Not having him in your weekly top 15 is a big mistake as well. Dallas has one of the top Olines vs one of the worst defenses, this is not rocket science.

I ask that when upgrading and downgrading, before looking at just the game they had look into future weeks and situations before the label. If not, you can ask me for some help and I certainly will oblige.
Run your own team.

The upgrade/downgrade report is one of the dumbest, most useless and schizophrenic articles in all of fantasy football land imo.

They downgrade studs who have bad games and over-react to everything that happens in the span of one week.

I always get a good chuckle reading it and wonder how they can take this stupidity seriously.

One week a player HS a bad game and they downgrade him and say he looks bad. The next week same player has a good game and they upgrade him and say he's back.

He never left! So dumb.

Related discussion here from last season. Bloom admits in this thread that their approach to this feature is not aligned with the terminology used. But nothing changed.

The upgrade/downgrade report is one of the dumbest, most useless and schizophrenic articles in all of fantasy football land imo.

They downgrade studs who have bad games and over-react to everything that happens in the span of one week.

I always get a good chuckle reading it and wonder how they can take this stupidity seriously.

One week a player HS a bad game and they downgrade him and say he looks bad. The next week same player has a good game and they upgrade him and say he's back.

He never left! So dumb.
Agree, the upgrade/downgrade report is largely useless.

I've been a FBG member for a few years now and I find that I only use these tools: their DFS page, the customized waiver report, and MyFBG tools which are amazing for managing multiple fantasy teams.

Iwannabeacowboybaby! said:

Run your own team.
What are you talking about? He didn't say that he based his lineup on playing Randle. We all come here to help us run our teams. He didn't blame anyone.

Stbugs, it wasn't a stupid post because I see this all the time. One week is a downgrade now amazingly 1 week later he is an upgrade, he ate his vegetables this week.

For those that say don't base your lineup on it, I base mine on lots of info, but I don't like to read from the site I pay for a downgrade when they were playing Atlanta this week. Look ahead. On the flip slide, I would now not give a huge upgrade to Randle coming off this week because you don't play Atlanta every week.

I have noticed this with various players many times over the last several years. It caught my attention when I saw Randle on the downgrade list and it stood out to me. So when I saw the start he had I had to make mention and then he just continued. It's ironic the guy who called me stupid is the guy who benched Randle, I'll refrain from name calling but come on bro, I hope it doesn't cost you your win.

I have been around since the Ild Yeller Days. I've seen a lot of guys who were legends in their own minds been banned from this site and members turn into great attributes for FBG. I would like to see more gut instincts incorporated into this portion, not just put numbers in a computer and the numbers spit out and there you have your list. It used to be more like that, it's that way of thinking that gets Randle not on the downgraded list.
Your post came after he already had a good game. Simple as that. If you are going to complain and you posted it before he had 2 TDs and his longest runs of the year, it would have been a good post. Complaining afterwards is silly. Sort of like me complaining about Matt Jones doing terrible and Randle doing great after the results. I thought Jones had more upside with TDs since Atlanta had actually played the run well and thought Dunbar would get a lot of work (he did). There are always good and bad calls by FBGs every week. I started Steve Smith over Jordan Matthews in helping 1 of my 3 teams have the best score of the year and maybe even the past two years. Before 1pm, it wasn't an easy call. I felt like the rankings were close but I preferred Smith. Great call by me. I played Hurns and Dunbar who did better than the FBGs rankings because I liked them. Other than Randle, I did pretty well in the judgement calls.

Also, just in case you care, Randle didn't cost me the game. I lost Roethlisberger on that team and played a team that had their best week. Sucks as I was 2-0 and Randle kind of cemented my hole (RB2). C'est la vie, but that team is likely in trouble now since it is such a heavy scoring QB league.

That said, maybe if you had posted this complaint back when the upgrades/downgrades came out, it would have been more useful. They come out first thing, way before the Thursday night game. Maybe I would have thought more about it and kept Randle in the lineup and not put Jones in just before the game. I'll tone down my post a bit, that was probably a bad way to respond, but again complaining about rankings after you have the results in hand does no one any good. If you felt that way, post it before the game so it would be useful instead of sour grapes.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
The recommendation was 1/4 to 1/2 of your FAAB budget on Michael, this week.
really???
Yes, this was also their blurb on Randle's downgrade (emphasis mine):

Randle looked pedestrian for the second straight week and now he's in a very lackluster offense missing its #1 receiver and quarterback. Christine Michael is coming soon...

And CMike's upgrade: RB Christine Michael, DAL - (waiver wire: 25-50%) - Joseph Randle and Darren McFadden have had two chances to show something and they haven't. Michael's chance is coming soon, if not in Week 3 against the Falcons. The talent is there to be this year's CJ Anderson, although the loss of Romo and Bryant for a good part of the season limits Michael's ceiling.

-----

I think as a paying subscriber it is fair to criticize bad info where you see it, I'm paying for what should be solid info and I fail to see how this is. I still manage my own team but FBG is a big crutch for me as I don't have time to research football 24/7. I don't think the Randle downgrade was bad as no one was expecting today's performance and now OP is overreacting to that, but the Christine Michael talk was complete nonsense, and this staff has had a trend of over-hyping young RB's that amount to nothing. Of course, the subscription is still a great value but I've learned I need to ignore FBG in situations like this.

If anyone blew a significant portion of their FAAB on Michael I think they have a legitimate gripe.

Users who are viewing this thread