What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Single for the first time in nearly a decade (1 Viewer)

Buckfast 1

Footballguy
So, I'm single for the first time in nearly a decade. About a month ago, I got out of a year-long relationship that began right around the time my divorce was finalized. Prior to that, I had been with my ex-wife since 2005, shortly after I graduated college. And I was in two different relationships though all but my senior year of college.

I just realized that I've never really "dated" in a traditional sense as an adult, as I haven't really asked a girl out on a date prior to having sex with her since high school prom. I'm ready to be single. I'd like to date a bunch of different women without getting into another serious relationship. I realize that most of you guys have been out of the game for even longer than me, but I'm curious what type of general dating advice the FFA might be able to offer. How can I maximize this life opportunity?

If Tinder isnt mentioned by at least 20-30 ppl in the first 40 replies, the FFA needs to close down

Step 1: Go to the grocery store and park

Step 2: Remove pants

Step 3: Snapchat JennyDDMILF85

Let nature take its course. :hifive:

Do we get an update on that thread from a while back about your gf's ex who was cleaning her toilets and sharing custody of their dog?

Do we get an update on that thread from a while back about your gf's ex who was cleaning her toilets and sharing custody of their dog?
I probably should. For now, I'll just say that the dog sharing situation with my ex didn't end well.

I'm probably going against the grain here but you've been involved with someone since (before?) you've been in college. You sound like you need a girl near you for justification. I'm guessing you're late 20's/early 30's. Forget women right now, you should really travel. Take a few 4 day weekends and see the country. Take a week or two and fly somewhere like Europe or South America. Do stuff just for you for like 2 years.

It's ok to be single. Don't get me wrong, bang anything that moves and tell us all about it. But you've been tied to a woman since you got pubes. 9/10 FBGs would give anything for this chance again. Gamble, bang, do drugs, bang, see things, bang, take a baking class, bang, fix up a 67 Chevy, bang. Rinse and repeat until you die

I'm probably going against the grain here but you've been involved with someone since (before?) you've been in college. You sound like you need a girl near you for justification. I'm guessing you're late 20's/early 30's. Forget women right now, you should really travel. Take a few 4 day weekends and see the country. Take a week or two and fly somewhere like Europe or South America. Do stuff just for you for like 2 years.

It's ok to be single. Don't get me wrong, bang anything that moves and tell us all about it. But you've been tied to a woman since you got pubes. 9/10 FBGs would give anything for this chance again. Gamble, bang, do drugs, bang, see things, bang, take a baking class, bang, fix up a 67 Chevy, bang. Rinse and repeat until you die
This.

Sounds all Dr Phil-y, but it would probably be good for you to get to know yourself as "just you" - not "you+gf/wife". I think you might be surprised at how different those two guys are.

I was 36 when my first marriage broke up. I had been with my wife since I was 21, so I feel your trepidation about dating. I made myself wait a year before I asked anyone on a real date. That's not to say I didn't fall into unplanned companionship from time to time, just that I didn't actively seek an "other".

Excellent advice stryker! This. This is what you do. Go white water rafting in Norway. Drive cross country and see all the weird sights(largest ball of twine, etc.). Pick up guitar or piano. Learn another language.

Do something fun and adventurous just for you.

Been online dating off and on for about 4 years. Its very addictive just seeing how many ladies you can juggle.

Invest in a really long padded bench, long enough for at least 10 women to line up on all fours. I have plans if you need them, most of the materials can be purchased at Home Depot for ~$150.

Go on Match and look for hot women 35-45 who are recently divorced..their self esteem will be at an all time low and they will be looking for a rebound lay.... should be easy pickings.

My buddy is 49 and decent looking and usually meets 4-5 women a month on Match...this guy has been layed more times in the last 2 years than his previous 47.

Go on Match and look for hot women 35-45 who are recently divorced..their self esteem will be at an all time low and they will be looking for a rebound lay.... should be easy pickings.

My buddy is 49 and decent looking and usually meets 4-5 women a month on Match...this guy has been layed more times in the last 2 years than his previous 47.
:yes: , heck more like 4-5 a week

Last edited by a moderator:
Co-Ed rec leagues were money 8 years ago.
Just make sure she's on a different team - can't tell you how many good female soccer players on our team "disappeared" after the inevitable breakup.
I thought the point of the co-ed league was to meet girls, not to hoist the trophy t-shirt at the end of the season.
The point is to WIN, Sally. I love it when some broad is blocking the plate as I'm rounding third. I turn on the jets and lower my shoulder. Their little shrieks are priceless.

:thumbup:

This is great advice. I'm definitely not looking to get into another relationship any time soon. I want to embrace being single and just live the most epic life that I can. My brother and I live together in Denver, so I already have a steady travel partner/adventure buddy without being in a relationship.

Plow, but for the love of God, don't sow
An accidental pregnancy would be my worst nightmare. I haven't really used condoms in a decade. I hope that technology has advanced over the past ten years because I recall them being terrible.

Advice for you? Find a girl who's really into beer. :thumbup:
Yeah, that is definitely a pre-req for me. Few phrases turn me off more than, "I don't like beer." Thankfully, it is not too hard to find girls that like beer in Denver.
Sounds like you'll be free for Bonnaroo 2016 too..............
:goodposting:

ETA: Going the VIP route next year. If you're interested, VIP tickets need to be purchased in pairs.

Seriously, I masturbate to thought of being single. I love my wife and family, but sometimes the thought of different box puts me in a relaxed place...

If you aren't banging at least one, possibly two chicks a week, you suck! On the days you aren't banging chicks you should be visiting Asian Massage Parlors. On the days you aren't doing either, you should spend your free time (while at work) prospecting online. After work should be strictly happy hours. You've been tied up for a long time, you need strange, not another serious relationship. Do it for all of us married guys.

:thumbup:

This is great advice. I'm definitely not looking to get into another relationship any time soon. I want to embrace being single and just live the most epic life that I can. My brother and I live together in Denver, so I already have a steady travel partner/adventure buddy without being in a relationship.
That rush of adrenaline after I dumped my fiancée is something I'll never forget. And suddenly I was fearless with girls, just asking them out left and right if they gave me any indication at all they might be interested. That confidence is irresistible though, so if you're prone to settling down quickly, you're gonna have to make a really conscious effort to resist. They'll want you to meet their friends, and they'll cook for you, and they'll blow you when you wake up and feed you pancakes...then before you know it you're wifed up again. It's not easy to tell a girl like that that you need space.

That rush of adrenaline after I dumped my fiancée is something I'll never forget. And suddenly I was fearless with girls, just asking them out left and right if they gave me any indication at all they might be interested. That confidence is irresistible though, so if you're prone to settling down quickly, you're gonna have to make a really conscious effort to resist. They'll want you to meet their friends, and they'll cook for you, and they'll blow you when you wake up and feed you pancakes...then before you know it you're wifed up again masturbating hidden in the bathroom bc the morning #######s are gone!!. It's not easy to tell a girl like that that you need space.

Users who are viewing this thread