What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 5 (1 Viewer)

Any general consensus out there on Foster tonight? I have him in Mon-Thurs games, and was initially going with him on at least on Thursday slate, but now considering the complete fade. Although Foster and Hopkins are still decent options.

FYI, Vontae is questionable.

cheese said:
Hopkins is an interesting discussion. Dodds loves him and he'll be the only real target, but Vontae Davis is impossible.
Very true...probably why I was only $2 confident!

Any general consensus out there on Foster tonight? I have him in Mon-Thurs games, and was initially going with him on at least on Thursday slate, but now considering the complete fade. Although Foster and Hopkins are still decent options.

FYI, Vontae is questionable.
Yeah, just seeing that. Sounds like the feeling is that he's a no-go tonight.

Hopkins might be worth a flier then. I still think I might like Indy's defense at their price point, but that's gone from "probably" to "possibly".

My best guess now is that with both Luck and Davis out/likely out, this is a game the Texans will win. Scoring opportunities for both Foster and Nuk. Texans defense outscores Indy.

My best guess now is that with both Luck and Davis out/likely out, this is a game the Texans will win. Scoring opportunities for both Foster and Nuk. Texans defense outscores Indy.
additional tidbit:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Colts QB Matt Hasselbeck is still feeling the effects of a virus which kept him in the emergency room until 2 a.m. Tuesday morning.
Hasselbeck is listed as questionable after missing practice with the illness on Tuesday, but he is fully expected to play and start Thursday night. Hasselbeck put up a decent game against the Jaguars Week 4, but on a short week and dealing with an illness, Hasselbeck is not a recommended fantasy play this week.

OK, Rivers vs. Bradford.

All the projections I see have Rivers outscoring Bradford, despite Bradford having the better matchup and the better Vegas game script. New Orleans has a terrible pash rush and the worst graded pass coverage. The game has the highest over/under. PHI is projected to score 8 points more than their season average.

On the flip side, sure, Pitt's D is bad, but SD's offensive line is terrible.

The only thing I can see that has Rivers in favor of himself is recency bias.

OK, Rivers vs. Bradford.

All the projections I see have Rivers outscoring Bradford, despite Bradford having the better matchup and the better Vegas game script. New Orleans has a terrible pash rush and the worst graded pass coverage. The game has the highest over/under. PHI is projected to score 8 points more than their season average.

Rivers has consistently been a top ~12 QB for the last 10 or whatever years. Bradford has struggled to throw for 250 yards in his first four weeks this season. Sometimes matchups take a back seat to talent.

OK, Rivers vs. Bradford.

And the fact that Bradford looks like a guy witnessing bigfoots bungie jumping from ufos when he looks downfield.

OK, Rivers vs. Bradford.

Thurs night matchups I will be rolling with Rivers as my cash QB. Seems like the safest floor of QBs in that price range. Pricing is getting a lot tougher to fit one of the top end QBs in, especially in cash games.

OK, Rivers vs. Bradford.

And the fact that Bradford looks like a guy witnessing bigfoots bungie jumping from ufos when he looks downfield.
This. I was thrilled to snag Bradford as my QB2 in a couple season-long leagues. Even talked trash because he fell so far in one league. Yyyyeeeeaaaahhhh. Not playing out exactly like I thought. In one of them I have Roethlisberger as my QB1. I've been picking up random dudes to start over Bradford because I have 0 confidence in him right now.

Vegas thinks Philly is going to score 27 points. Are they wrong? Is the running game going to do it? Playing devil's advocate because I agree that Rivers is the better player overall and probably safer in cash.

Vegas thinks Philly is going to score 27 points. Are they wrong? Is the running game going to do it? Playing devil's advocate because I agree that Rivers is the better player overall and probably safer in cash.
Philly was also projected to be one of the highest scoring teams in the league for the season. I will probably play Bradford in a GPP lineup, but until he consistently puts up numbers, I just don't feel good putting him in a cash lineup. I put him and Alex Smith in the same group. Players you know can put up the numbers, but they scare the hell out of you when you plug them in a cash lineup.

Philly was also projected to be one of the highest scoring teams in the league for the season. I will probably play Bradford in a GPP lineup, but until he consistently puts up numbers, I just don't feel good putting him in a cash lineup. I put him and Alex Smith in the same group. Players you know can put up the numbers, but they scare the hell out of you when you plug them in a cash lineup.
This summarizes where I am with Bradford as well. I do have a couple of GPP lineups centered around Bradford & Matthews, but Rivers all over my cash lineups.

I'm also guilty of using the monday night game as a tie breaker if I have a choice between 2 players. I prefer to see my bankroll rise rather than fall during the final game of the week.

Brady will be in alot of my cash lineups this week. Not buying into any other skill positions on NE though...too many options for cash. Rather spread the money around elsewhere I think.

You guys are convincing me on Rivers as my #2 QB. I was originally thinking Smith or McCown or Eli, but Rivers is probably much safer.

I'm also guilty of using the monday night game as a tie breaker if I have a choice between 2 players. I prefer to see my bankroll rise rather than fall during the final game of the week.
Haha, that's great man I never thought of that... now i'm going to have more MNF players forever =/

I wouldn't worry about Davis even if he plays. He will be less than 100 percent and even before the injury Brandon Marshall was having a nice game against Davis.

Haha, that's great man I never thought of that... now i'm going to have more MNF players forever =/
I love Sunday Only games. It shrinks the slate, which seems to be something I benefit from (in NBA). I can watch tonight and Monday with no concerns, no duds sitting in my LUs for five days pissing me off, etc. The Sunday night game gets pretty intense. And like NBA, it all resolves before I sleep (so I don't have to sweat something all day before the real sweat starts).

Unfortunately this week I like Rivers, Bell, Allen, and Gates enough to deal with all that stress. :)

I love Sunday Only games. It shrinks the slate, which seems to be something I benefit from (in NBA). I can watch tonight and Monday with no concerns, no duds sitting in my LUs for five days pissing me off, etc. The Sunday night game gets pretty intense. And like NBA, it all resolves before I sleep (so I don't have to sweat something all day before the real sweat starts).

Unfortunately this week I like Rivers, Bell, Allen, and Gates enough to deal with all that stress. :)
Do you like Gates over Witten?

Do you like Gates over Witten?
I'm gpp here so I'd need to wait for ownership %s as I think it is that close.

eta I'll have a bit of both and Gronk, just not sure how that'll be weighted. Gates' price may tip the scales his way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna throw Foster and Texans D in a Thursday GPP. Hopkins is likely to be heavily owned and maybe Foster can get a lot of redzone/goal-line looks if the Texans can move the ball.

I think I'm in on Foster for a pretty good chunk of GPP rosters tonight. Everyone seems to be on Hopkins (or fading the game entirely), so ownership might end up being way lower than it should be. I think the potential game script sets up perfectly for a big game for Foster. Indy is going to be double-teaming Hopkins probably and daring Mallett to throw it to anyone else. Foster should be that 2nd target with the other guys dinged up and have a big game through the air.

Maybe I'm falling into the trap of talking myself into a Thursday night play just to have some rooting interest in the game, but Bell won me a nice chunk of change in GPPs last week so it's not like going all-in on a Thursday play never works. I do like Freeman, Bell and Lacy in the same price range, which makes it a bit tougher. But if those guys (esp. Freeman and Bell) have really high ownership like I expect, then even if they hit, you're still clumped together in a big group.

I think I'm in on Foster for a pretty good chunk of GPP rosters tonight. Everyone seems to be on Hopkins (or fading the game entirely), so ownership might end up being way lower than it should be. I think the potential game script sets up perfectly for a big game for Foster. Indy is going to be double-teaming Hopkins probably and daring Mallett to throw it to anyone else. Foster should be that 2nd target with the other guys dinged up and have a big game through the air.

Maybe I'm falling into the trap of talking myself into a Thursday night play just to have some rooting interest in the game, but Bell won me a nice chunk of change in GPPs last week so it's not like going all-in on a Thursday play never works. I do like Freeman, Bell and Lacy in the same price range, which makes it a bit tougher. But if those guys (esp. Freeman and Bell) have really high ownership like I expect, then even if they hit, you're still clumped together in a big group.
I do not have the stats to back it up but although Thursday night are usually lower scoring ugly football there is usually 1 RB that does very well. So tonight will it be Foster or Gore. I would think Foster has a better chance for value + in a GPP. I am using Hopkins currently in some Cash games but I am still debating pulling him out just because of it being a Thursday night game.

I'm gonna go with Dixon tonight for gpps. Rivers Allen stack. Bell Maclin and ODB. Bennett at TE. Whatever at K and D.

I'm gonna go with Dixon tonight for gpps. Rivers Allen stack. Bell Maclin and ODB. Bennett at TE. Whatever at K and D.
Very risky move. I just read that Dixon is still suffering from a calf strain. Boom Herron might get the most touches.

I different GPP LUs tonight I have exposure to Foster, Hopkins, Mumphery and Texans D. With all the Colts issues this could get out of hand, I like pairing Foster with Tex D with this in mind.

Maybe the scandal had some effect -- there were decent overlays all over the place. Not many super massive, but it was consistent across the board for the Multiplier at every $ amount.

I threw together a few $1-2 Thursday lineups for giggles. I have Le'Veon Bell in one 250-entry league. He's 50% owned. 50%!!

Wadsworth said:
I different GPP LUs tonight I have exposure to Foster, Hopkins, Mumphery and Texans D. With all the Colts issues this could get out of hand, I like pairing Foster with Tex D with this in mind.
Watch the master work! :X :yucky:

The biggest take away I have learned is I need to trust my gut. Had Hopkins in and got scared of Davis. Got to just make the line up and walk away.

Amazing I am in a tournament that at least 5 people stared Hoyer. Do you really think they thought Hoyer was not only going to replace Mallet but have this good of a game?

Happy with the start Hopkins gave me. Hope the eli stack works out. I feel like bell is going to have a ridiculous game also. gpp so meh

mrip541 said:
I threw together a few $1-2 Thursday lineups for giggles. I have Le'Veon Bell in one 250-entry league. He's 50% owned. 50%!!
It's the same in the 50/50s I'm in. Dude is super popular this week

threw together a Thursday LU at the last minute

Alex Smith

Forsett

Dixon

Hopkins

ODB

Maclin

Gronk

Matt Bryant

Giants

Working on a high-floor, low-variance lineup strictly for cash games and the survivor. Think I've put together something pretty solid:

Smith

Charles

Forsett (alt Freeman)

Edelman

Fitz

Matthews (alt Jones)

Witten

Santos

Ravens

Mainly built on the Smith-Charles-Santos combo, which should result in points for any kind of KC score other than a Knile Davis TD followed by an unsuccessful 2 pt attempt. Other guys are high volume target machines with a lean to PPR volume rather than TDs (Edelman, Matthews, Witten). Would love to hear anyone 'tear this one down' if you could point out a weakness.

Sounds like Bell is the more popular pick over Charles? Bell looks to be at about 36% in a large Double Up versus Charles at 20%.

I feel I am way too exposed to freeman and Bell. They are in almost all my LU's. Have to re-think this process. But can I really be that exposed in cash games if bell is near 50%?

Working on a high-floor, low-variance lineup strictly for cash games and the survivor. Think I've put together something pretty solid:

Smith

Charles

Forsett (alt Freeman)

Edelman

Fitz

Matthews (alt Jones)

Witten

Santos

Ravens

Mainly built on the Smith-Charles-Santos combo, which should result in points for any kind of KC score other than a Knile Davis TD followed by an unsuccessful 2 pt attempt. Other guys are high volume target machines with a lean to PPR volume rather than TDs (Edelman, Matthews, Witten). Would love to hear anyone 'tear this one down' if you could point out a weakness.

Sounds like Bell is the more popular pick over Charles? Bell looks to be at about 36% in a large Double Up versus Charles at 20%.
Looks really solid... I like the Forsett/Mathews version better myself

I feel I am way too exposed to freeman and Bell. They are in almost all my LU's. Have to re-think this process. But can I really be that exposed in cash games if bell is near 50%?
There are easy pivots to Charles and Forsett. And I don't see Bell at 50% but closer to 35% in the big Thursday doubles -- that's high ownership, but not "75-80% zero downside" ownership like Karlos or Hill last year.

Smith

Charles

Forsett (alt Freeman)

Edelman

Fitz

Matthews (alt Jones)

Witten

Santos

Ravens

I keep coming to the smith, charles, santos combo too, also some with maclin. My problem is having that much exposure to 1 game. The bears are horrible, but if the defense decides to show up it would kill your LU.

Smith

Charles

Forsett (alt Freeman)

Edelman

Fitz

Matthews (alt Jones)

Witten

Santos

Ravens
My attempt... Forsett hit value once in 4 weeks, and it took 27 carries. Twice in his last 7 games. He doesn't score tds. CLE will be putting like a million guys in the box as Forsett is the only weapon. Last week Matthews got 30% target share against one of the worst passing defenses and he put up 6.7 points. 7.9 the week before that. Nick Foles is literally the bottom ranked qb this week. I think there's a 0% chance Witten hits value without a td and Belichick isn't going to let that happen. Witten has hit value twice in the last 10 games. The Ravens D is just bad and the Browns are on a roll. McCown with 2 straight 350 and 2 outings. If the Bears decide to play D you're done.

Users who are viewing this thread