What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (3 Viewers)

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Tom Hagen said:
Maybe the Cowboys coaches don't know about his SPARQ score?
How many times has this exact joke been made, 10?
It's been a couple pages since the last "soon this thread will have more pages than he has snaps/carries/yards" joke. Those are hilarious and unique. :rolleyes:

I am not a hater. I had him stashed at end of bench, but it is time to let go. No snaps last night says it all. If McFadden goes down they will bring in street free agents. Michael probably can't learn the plays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairly obvious they can't win with McFadden carrying the ball.

It is time for Michael to step up.
The reason the Cowboys have lost 4 in a row has nothing to do with how McFadden played. If anything he is one of their only bright spots. This denial of Michael is going into lunacy levels if we have not already been there for at least a year.

It's DMC's job, pure and simple. He is for all intents and purposes a three-down RB.

Jerry would bring Emmitt out of retirement before C-Mike sees the field.

Gotta figure whatever happened at practice last week had him in the doghouse for last night's game.
Exactly. They're not going to punish him for two weeks because of one practice. Practice. The Cowboys lost and need to make a change. Expect to see a heavy dose of CMike next week.

Gotta figure whatever happened at practice last week had him in the doghouse for last night's game.
He's been riding the pine behind guys like Robert Turbin and Darren McFadden for more than two and a half seasons now. Seattle dumped him for a conditional 7th. It goes waaaay deeper than the incident at last week's practice. Time to stop wasting time reading the tea leaves and looking for explanations -- the obvious explanation is the only one left now: he just isn't any good.

Exactly. They're not going to punish him for two weeks because of one practice. Practice. The Cowboys lost and need to make a change. Expect to see a heavy dose of CMike next week.
Hard to tell what is sarcasm and what isn't at this point, but if you're serious, McFadden has actually played pretty well. I'm as surprised as anyone considering how he looked the last several years in Oakland, but I've got to give him some credit -- he's looked like a solid starter-quality NFL RB out there since taking over.

Exactly. They're not going to punish him for two weeks because of one practice. Practice.The Cowboys lost and need to make a change. Expect to see a heavy dose of CMike next week.
bwhahahahaha! I am a Michael owner and this is just comical! On what planet are you seeing signs that this might happen?

the fact that he got zero carries this week?

the fact that DMC ran like a man, and has been for 3 weeks now?

Time to let it go fellas, This train is going nowhere fast.

Lot's of shtick and sarcasm being posted now guys...calm down.

McFadden has had a late season revival. He is running hard and is highly effective. He is not the reason the Cowboys are losing. They don't have Romo....that is huge. Last night was essentially the first time Dez has been effective to a degree. He is still trying to get into playing speed again.

When you lose your best two offensive players......your in deep ####. Plus their defense stunk last night.

C.Mike's time soon coming to end. 2 more weeks on my over/under till he is released. I gotta believe the condition of that 7th round pick has something to do with snaps or on the roster by insert date (if anyone knows the answer to this please tell us).

I don't see them giving up a 7th at this point. They will cut their losses and sign someone off the street. Or maybe it is too late. I don't know.

The reason the Cowboys have lost 4 in a row has nothing to do with how McFadden played. If anything he is one of their only bright spots. This denial of Michael is going into lunacy levels if we have not already been there for at least a year.
He came into this situation already having fallen behind Robert Turbin, Thomas Rawls and Fred Jackson....

Lot's of shtick and sarcasm being posted now guys...calm down.

McFadden has had a late season revival. He is running hard and is highly effective. He is not the reason the Cowboys are losing. They don't have Romo....that is huge. Last night was essentially the first time Dez has been effective to a degree. He is still trying to get into playing speed again.

When you lose your best two offensive players......your in deep ####. Plus their defense stunk last night.

C.Mike's time soon coming to end. 2 more weeks on my over/under till he is released. I gotta believe the condition of that 7th round pick has something to do with snaps or on the roster by insert date (if anyone knows the answer to this please tell us).

I don't see them giving up a 7th at this point. They will cut their losses and sign someone off the street. Or maybe it is too late. I don't know.
I seem to recall Michael had to be active for 2 games for the 7th round pick to go to Seattle. If so, that was met weeks ago.

Not for nothing, but if McFadden can hold up like this for the ROS, I'd be very happy... Especially since I used the number WW the week before Bell went down :kicksrock:

Where did everyone go? I thought this guy was the second coming of AD, not Bryce Brown. Who, ironically, Seattle thinks more highly of.

That probably has nothing to do with it

McFadden has been playing great ... there is no reason to insert Michael.

Last night was a tight game of divisional rivals and there was no reason not to ride the veteran who is playing the best all around football of his career right now

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Tom Hagen said:
Maybe the Cowboys coaches don't know about his SPARQ score?
How many times has this exact joke been made, 10?
It's been a couple pages since the last "soon this thread will have more pages than he has snaps/carries/yards" joke. Those are hilarious and unique. :rolleyes:
Search back to the original cmike thread. I think I made the original comment on having more pages than carries. It got a ton of likes... It was and still is funny ... mostly because the epic contiues in a new thread, new team, same guy. Everyone feel free to use it with no threat of copyright infringement, brought to you by the original! Lol

McFadden as a bright spot is why they are losing, he isn't good enough. He has helped them win zero games since getting his shot.

They need CMike.. now.

Dallas is currently negotiating his long-term contact because once he gets playing time his value will go through the roof.

Any chance he was nursing an injury?
No, haven't you been reading? McFadden is the one who is always hurtFurthermore, isn't it against nfl rules to not disclose any injuries during the week? Michael wasn't on any injury report I read...

at this point he's as valuable as any other handcuff in the league. maybe give him a slight bump for the o-line he would run behind.

I don't see c-mike any different from starks, tevin coleman, buck allen, thomas rawls, karlos williams, jonas gray, jerick mckinnon, and probably a few others. All are players who need an injury to be the starter. Some of which have actually shown they can be productive in full-time roles in meaningful games - something c-mike can't say.
I'd much rather have Starks.
why?
BC he has proven he could do it and plays in a great offense. If the Cowboys keep losing, maybe they even just shelf Romo for the year, who knows? If they're out of contention by week 14, what do they have to gain by playing him?

I honestly think Starks looks 100x better than Lacy this season too.
If we are ranking them based on the value they would have if the guy in front of them were injured, I'd take Starks as well. As I inferred in my initial post, C-mike hasn't proven he can be productive as a lead back, Starks has.

But if we're ranking them based on their current value, I don't think one differentiates himself from the other. Without an injury, they're both nothing more than handcuffs. I think the chances of Mcfadden getting injured are much greater than Lacy, so I'm not sure why you would much rather have Starks.
I'd disagree. Lacy has been hurt in every one of his nfl seasons (ankle this season I believe) and coming into the draft the biggest knock on him was his toe and his durability. He has had two concussions I think already
Lacy played 15 games his rookie year, 16 last year, and all 7 so far this year. He's less durable than McFadden, got it.
Lacy injured, again, but still registered as played, again...

Care to revisit which back you prefer?

The condition for the 7th round pick only required Michael to be active for three games. It's already been satisfied. I doubt they will be dropping him anytime soon, barring any "bone-headedness". Right now it's only him, Smith and Trey Williams behind McFadden, so unless they add another RB they will need the depth. It's possible Smith surpasses him on the depth chart though I guess.

It was pretty telling that even in run situations, they chose NO back (or Rod Smith flexed out, as others have pointed out) over him.

When the team prefers NOTHING to YOU, then maybe the writing is on the wall.

I finally deciphered that grade-school writing and dropped him for Inman (Yahoo).

The condition for the 7th round pick only required Michael to be active for three games. It's already been satisfied. I doubt they will be dropping him anytime soon, barring any "bone-headedness". Right now it's only him, Smith and Trey Williams behind McFadden, so unless they add another RB they will need the depth. It's possible Smith surpasses him on the depth chart though I guess.
Thanks for clarifying that. Probably will stay on the roster till the end of the season then. No reason to cut him unless of course he does something really stupid.

This thread should be shut down.
Usually it just happens naturally for borderline practice squad players.

At this point you're only holding him in very deep bench leagues (in dynasty), praying for a McFadden injury. He's not getting a sniff otherwise... not in 2015.

This thread should be shut down.
Usually it just happens naturally for borderline practice squad players.

At this point you're only holding him in very deep bench leagues (in dynasty), praying for a McFadden injury. He's not getting a sniff otherwise... not in 2015.
I never pray for injuries, but Dallas is stupid if they think McFadden doesn't need a backup that can, at least, catch a few passes. They haven't given anyone the touches Dunbar had.

McFadden staying healthy carrying a full load(25-35 touches) is idiotic.

I've always said he would be productive if given consistent carries, but at this point you have to wonder why two different coaching staffs seem to fear letting him anywhere near the field. The Lynch/Turbin stuff in Seattle never bothered me much because I don't think it necessarily said much about Michael that he was used sparingly there, but the low price that the Seahawks sold him for was a bit of a concern. Seeing that he can't get on the field for even 6-7 carries per game with Randle cut and McFadden as his only competition is pretty damning though. It is jarring when you see that a guy like Shaun Draughn can get into the lineup immediately as an emergency street free agent whereas Michael can't even be trusted with a role after two months in Dallas. I feel like he can run the ball, but maybe he's just a total space cadet off the field. They don't seem to trust him at all.

The trouble from a dynasty standpoint is that his trade value is in the absolute gutter right now. Doubt you could recoup even a 2nd round rookie pick for him and thirds are nearly worthless, so I'm on this train until he's out of the league most likely.
I've had him for over 2 years, so what's another one and a half until he becomes a free agent and we can see if teams want him, and how much. Holding at least until then unless something happens with him

I've always said he would be productive if given consistent carries, but at this point you have to wonder why two different coaching staffs seem to fear letting him anywhere near the field. The Lynch/Turbin stuff in Seattle never bothered me much because I don't think it necessarily said much about Michael that he was used sparingly there, but the low price that the Seahawks sold him for was a bit of a concern. Seeing that he can't get on the field for even 6-7 carries per game with Randle cut and McFadden as his only competition is pretty damning though. It is jarring when you see that a guy like Shaun Draughn can get into the lineup immediately as an emergency street free agent whereas Michael can't even be trusted with a role after two months in Dallas. I feel like he can run the ball, but maybe he's just a total space cadet off the field. They don't seem to trust him at all.

The trouble from a dynasty standpoint is that his trade value is in the absolute gutter right now. Doubt you could recoup even a 2nd round rookie pick for him and thirds are nearly worthless, so I'm on this train until he's out of the league most likely.
I've had him for over 2 years, so what's another one and a half until he becomes a free agent and we can see if teams want him, and how much. Holding at least until then unless something happens with him
Wasn't that kind of already answered when no one was willing to best Dallas' offer of basically the minimum you can offer in a trade? To me, that's why the trade was always doubly worrying. It wasn't just that Dallas had to give up so little for him, it was also that Seattle couldn't find someone willing to give anything better.

But he's just a McFadden injury away from starting... And McFadden has never stayed healthy for three or more games of 20+ touches.

They are benching him now so when he breaks the single season rushing records it will be even more amazing that he does it in 6 games

FreeBaGeL said:
The Man With No Name said:

Wasn't that kind of already answered when no one was willing to best Dallas' offer of basically the minimum you can offer in a trade? To me, that's why the trade was always doubly worrying. It wasn't just that Dallas had to give up so little for him, it was also that Seattle couldn't find someone willing to give anything better.
This. He'll never face less competition in an NFL backfield than what he's currently up against in Dallas. Rod Smith came in literally off the street and in a few weeks is already getting snaps while Michael didn't see the field. Darren McFadden has signed one year rock bottom contracts two years in a row, and Michael can't take even a small number of carries from him. IT. IS. OVER.

That probably has nothing to do with it McFadden has been playing great ... there is no reason to insert Michael.

Last night was a tight game of divisional rivals and there was no reason not to ride the veteran who is playing the best all around football of his career right now
It's hard to differentiate the the sarcasm from the outright denial now....

Users who are viewing this thread