Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved

Then you have a guy in Raheem Mostert, who no one wants to even have a thread for, who is a SPARQ freak on an active roster.

When I saw Mostert run in the preseason, I told myself "if this guy doesn't end up on a roster, its ridiculous".

He seemed to have that spring in his step when he ran the ball, sort of like Dion Lewis. (I'm not saying he is that good, just that on a couple runs he seemed similar)

I speculated somewhere else on the board here that I don't quite think any of us know the "entire" Mostert story.

There has to be a reason he isn't playing, and at worst a backup. He just looked too good at times to not be on a roster, it was crazy.

The guy seems fired up a'la Ahmad Bradshaw at times.

He lined up at WR I believe in the preseason a few times, and he could catch and the guy was even a gung ho special teams worker.

I get the feeling he is somewhat of a headcase, or some type of locker room cancer.

There is something going on there and I just can't put my finger on it, but there has to be a reason he isn't contributing somewhere.

He was part of the Eagles program in the preseason, and they were so stacked at RB, I figured he would end up elsewhere.

Then he was signed and soon thereafter released by the Dolphins.

Last thing I vaguely remember was he was with the Ravens, but for all I know he was released by them too.

You see a guy like this fly completely under the radar, and then you see the board here go berserk for CMike. Its stupid.

TZM

I've seen an interview with him while in Philly. Seems like a well spoken, intelligent kid. It's not surprising that multiple teams have opened up a spot for him. His "problem" is that he is super raw in the position. You can't find clips of him as a RB at Purdue and I'm not sure he played many offensive snaps. He did return some kicks and was a sprinter at the university. Could be a guy where people wonder where he came from 2/3 years from now. I have him stashed on my teams where I can find room. Edited by Bojang0301
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My God. How awful of a locker room presence do you have to be when the team decides you're more of a distraction than Greg Hardy?

Probably signed him so that they could get a read on Cowboys offensive play signals. Unfortunately Michael doesn't know them.

Hey guys the shtick was okay for awhile but it's not really that funny and defeats the purpose of actually trying to have a thread related to player news and information. If we had a Michael thread a

Week 11 upgrade:

RB Robert Turbin, DAL - (waiver wire: whatever you have left) - There are numerous reports that Turbin will get a chance to win the Cowboys backfield, if not outright start in Week 11. The Cowboys offense should improve with Dez Bryant and Tony Romo back in the mix starting this week. Turbin's electrifying talent is well-documented and prodigious despite his uneventful NFL career to date. This is the opportunity we've all been waiting for as NFL fans. You want to have him on your roster ASAP unless you're not interested in winning your league.

Would it be bad form for me to link to my September 6 post? Yeah, it probably would be. Never mind.

Are we really still at a point where we can say that talent isn't a question with McFadden? The guy hasn't averaged better than 3.8ypc since 2011, and was wildly outperformed by some true scrubs on his own team over and over again.

I find the word tool to be one of the least offensive of the name calling words.

Sorry to single you out JNB because you are a solid poster but the only take home message from your post is that you know that the word "Tool" in the context you used it is name calling and you still chose to use it.

As long as it isn't directed at someone in specific, it is not a big deal... or even a deal at all.

And hell, I think we all know some people deserve it directed at them.

I respectfully disagree. Throwing it out there as a blanket statement could make anyone who ever had an exchange with JNB, or anyone who ever posted that they thought Michael would fail, or anyone who ever cracked wise about Michael feel like it was, right, wrong or otherwise, an insult directed at them. In fact that is kind of the intent of the statement.

It's throwing a fishing net instead of a single hook. In most threads it wouldn't cause a problem but the Michael thread has become a special case in the SP.

Turbin. I'm laughing so hard. I wish the old thread was still around so I can dig up people saying he was otherworldly compared to Turbin. I don't think EBF is a bad poster but he's been on quite the streak with TRich and CMike. Stay away from those five letter nicknames.

JStew

Turbin. I'm laughing so hard. I wish the old thread was still around so I can dig up people saying he was otherworldly compared to Turbin. I don't think EBF is a bad poster but he's been on quite the streak with TRich and CMike. Stay away from those five letter nicknames.

JStew

Ameer

JStew

Ameer

Also one of the biggest Eifert and Allen Robinson fans on the boards. Haters have selective memory though...

JStew

Ameer

Also one of the biggest Eifert and Allen Robinson fans on the boards. Haters have selective memory though...

lol at haters. Easy there.

Come on , EBF. You are truly one of the best posters in the Shark Pool (easily in the top 5 - prob second after Adam).

Just admit you were wrong and move on.

Never denied it. Michael's 2015 has been an unequivocal disappointment.

I'll probably hold for a day or two to see if anyone else kicks the tires, but he's almost droppable for me at this point in dynasty.

:toilet:

And... scene. Whaddyasay we just let this thread drop off the first page. If for some bizarre reason he get picked up and gets a serious chance, start a new thread.

:IBTL:

I still don't understand why the first thread was locked. Why would another thread be needed because he failed in Dal, too?

:toilet:

And... scene. Whaddyasay we just let this thread drop off the first page. If for some bizarre reason he get picked up and gets a serious chance, start a new thread.

:IBTL:

I still don't understand why the first thread was locked. Why would another thread be needed because he failed in Dal, too?

Clearly so he can become the first player in Shark Pool history to have 32 distinct threads. (Or does he get re-signed by someone? 33?)

Would it be bad form for me to link to my September 6 post? Yeah, it probably would be. Never mind.

Are we really still at a point where we can say that talent isn't a question with McFadden? The guy hasn't averaged better than 3.8ypc since 2011, and was wildly outperformed by some true scrubs on his own team over and over again.

If you subtract his shortest run from each quarter of play this season, he is averaging a very healthy 4.9 yards per rush.

• Like 1

JStew

Ameer

Not hating. You have selective memory too as you were an early supporter of Turbin, just to jump ship and call him trash in favor of Michael. Turns out you were half right. So some solace in that. Who gives a #### anyway. This just happened to be your Icarus.

How do I get the egg off my face for using my last roster spot on this guy for the past 7 weeks? Anyone have a cue tip?

It was always about situation with Michael. Seattle and Dallas o-line.

I'd say most who had him kept him two weeks longer then they should have in retrospect. Otherwise the juice was worth the squeeze.

Listening to the Dallas Cowboys podcast... They went into detail on why he was cut and essentially it's exactly what everybody else was saying....

Didn't know his plays

Didn't know the blocking assignments

Was a bit of a goofball

Didn't like how after his one carry he flexed at his own sideline.

Didn't like the celebrating with his former teammates.

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22

Listening to the Dallas Cowboys podcast... They went into detail on why he was cut and essentially it's exactly what everybody else was saying....

Didn't know his plays

Was a bit of a goofball

Man it's a shame. Shows you that all the talent in the world doesn't matter if you don't have a passion for the game and are sort of an idiot.

I find the word tool to be one of the least offensive of the name calling words.

Sorry to single you out JNB because you are a solid poster but the only take home message from your post is that you know that the word "Tool" in the context you used it is name calling and you still chose to use it.

As long as it isn't directed at someone in specific, it is not a big deal... or even a deal at all.

And hell, I think we all know some people deserve it directed at them.

I respectfully disagree. Throwing it out there as a blanket statement could make anyone who ever had an exchange with JNB, or anyone who ever posted that they thought Michael would fail, or anyone who ever cracked wise about Michael feel like it was, right, wrong or otherwise, an insult directed at them. In fact that is kind of the intent of the statement.

It's throwing a fishing net instead of a single hook. In most threads it wouldn't cause a problem but the Michael thread has become a special case in the SP.

I agree with the sentiment that if he called all the Michael detractors tools that it wouldn't be very nice, but I felt his statement was much more clearly directed than that. He specifically said the people who are now quoting themselves to gloat which is quite different.

This whole thread is a combination of :kicksrock: and :tfp:

Didn't know his plays

Was a bit of a goofball

Man it's a shame. Shows you that all the talent in the world doesn't matter if you don't have a passion for the game and are sort of an idiot.

In college, CMike took the ball from his QB (on a pass-play)..

It sounds like he was only able to fulfill what they should have expected..

It also sounds like a system w/ a fullback would do a world of good

• Like 1

How do I get the egg off my face for using my last roster spot on this guy for the past 7 weeks? Anyone have a cue tip?

It was always about situation with Michael. Seattle and Dallas o-line.

I'd say most who had him kept him two weeks longer then they should have in retrospect. Otherwise the juice was worth the squeeze.

I used to fall for the "situation" thing a lot (Joe Randle was the most recent).

Just remember, situations change but boneheads do not.

maybe he'll still get picked up by someone before the year is over

There's a good chance he will, as a 3rd stringer/practice squad guy when someone gets hurt.

In other words, it won't matter. Dallas was the absolute ideal situation for him to be in. And here we are.

Edited by Skoo

Didn't know his plays

Was a bit of a goofball

I agree. Some people just don't care. Likely the most talented back of our era and he just didn't care about maximizing it.

JStew

Ameer

Not hating. You have selective memory too as you were an early supporter of Turbin, just to jump ship and call him trash in favor of Michael. Turns out you were half right. So some solace in that. Who gives a #### anyway. This just happened to be your Icarus.

Actually it happened with his TRich face plant (after calling him a "mortal lock" to succeed in the NFL) but people have rather short memories around here.

Edited by squistion

If you subtract his shortest run from each quarter of play this season, he is averaging a very healthy 4.9 yards per rush.

What do you get if you subtract his longest runs from each quarter of play this season?

The #Redskins have signed former #Cowboys RB Christine Michael to their practice squad.

:popcorn::wall:

Probably signed him so that they could get a read on Cowboys offensive play signals. Unfortunately Michael doesn't know them.

I cannot wait until Week 13's Monday Night game, Dallas at Washington, when CMike rips off a big 2 yard gain and chest-bumps his former Dallas teammates!

The #Redskins have signed former #Cowboys RB Christine Michael to their practice squad.

I cannot wait until Week 13's Monday Night game, Dallas at Washington, when CMike rips off a big 2 yard gain and chest-bumps his former Dallas teammates!

Even funnier since he's only a practice squad player.

But will it be Hardy or Dez? Maybe both if he gets the ball on 3rd and short.

What do you get if you subtract his longest runs from each quarter of play this season?

Why would you subtract his longest runs? :confused: That's cherry-picking.

• Like 1