Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved

:toilet:

And... scene. Whaddyasay we just let this thread drop off the first page. If for some bizarre reason he get picked up and gets a serious chance, start a new thread.

:IBTL:

I still don't understand why the first thread was locked. Why would another thread be needed because he failed in Dal, too?

Clearly so he can become the first player in Shark Pool history to have 32 distinct threads. (Or does he get re-signed by someone? 33?)

Would it be bad form for me to link to my September 6 post? Yeah, it probably would be. Never mind.

Are we really still at a point where we can say that talent isn't a question with McFadden? The guy hasn't averaged better than 3.8ypc since 2011, and was wildly outperformed by some true scrubs on his own team over and over again.

If you subtract his shortest run from each quarter of play this season, he is averaging a very healthy 4.9 yards per rush.

• Like 1

Turbin. I'm laughing so hard. I wish the old thread was still around so I can dig up people saying he was otherworldly compared to Turbin. I don't think EBF is a bad poster but he's been on quite the streak with TRich and CMike. Stay away from those five letter nicknames.

JStew

Ameer

Also one of the biggest Eifert and Allen Robinson fans on the boards. Haters have selective memory though...

Not hating. You have selective memory too as you were an early supporter of Turbin, just to jump ship and call him trash in favor of Michael. Turns out you were half right. So some solace in that. Who gives a #### anyway. This just happened to be your Icarus.

How do I get the egg off my face for using my last roster spot on this guy for the past 7 weeks? Anyone have a cue tip?

It was always about situation with Michael. Seattle and Dallas o-line.

I'd say most who had him kept him two weeks longer then they should have in retrospect. Otherwise the juice was worth the squeeze.

Listening to the Dallas Cowboys podcast... They went into detail on why he was cut and essentially it's exactly what everybody else was saying....

Didn't know his plays

Didn't know the blocking assignments

Was a bit of a goofball

Didn't like how after his one carry he flexed at his own sideline.

Didn't like the celebrating with his former teammates.

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22

Listening to the Dallas Cowboys podcast... They went into detail on why he was cut and essentially it's exactly what everybody else was saying....

Didn't know his plays

Was a bit of a goofball

Man it's a shame. Shows you that all the talent in the world doesn't matter if you don't have a passion for the game and are sort of an idiot.

I find the word tool to be one of the least offensive of the name calling words.

Sorry to single you out JNB because you are a solid poster but the only take home message from your post is that you know that the word "Tool" in the context you used it is name calling and you still chose to use it.

As long as it isn't directed at someone in specific, it is not a big deal... or even a deal at all.

And hell, I think we all know some people deserve it directed at them.

I respectfully disagree. Throwing it out there as a blanket statement could make anyone who ever had an exchange with JNB, or anyone who ever posted that they thought Michael would fail, or anyone who ever cracked wise about Michael feel like it was, right, wrong or otherwise, an insult directed at them. In fact that is kind of the intent of the statement.

It's throwing a fishing net instead of a single hook. In most threads it wouldn't cause a problem but the Michael thread has become a special case in the SP.

I agree with the sentiment that if he called all the Michael detractors tools that it wouldn't be very nice, but I felt his statement was much more clearly directed than that. He specifically said the people who are now quoting themselves to gloat which is quite different.

This whole thread is a combination of :kicksrock: and :tfp:

Didn't know his plays

Was a bit of a goofball

Man it's a shame. Shows you that all the talent in the world doesn't matter if you don't have a passion for the game and are sort of an idiot.

In college, CMike took the ball from his QB (on a pass-play)..

It sounds like he was only able to fulfill what they should have expected..

It also sounds like a system w/ a fullback would do a world of good

• Like 1

How do I get the egg off my face for using my last roster spot on this guy for the past 7 weeks? Anyone have a cue tip?

It was always about situation with Michael. Seattle and Dallas o-line.

I'd say most who had him kept him two weeks longer then they should have in retrospect. Otherwise the juice was worth the squeeze.

I used to fall for the "situation" thing a lot (Joe Randle was the most recent).

Just remember, situations change but boneheads do not.

maybe he'll still get picked up by someone before the year is over

There's a good chance he will, as a 3rd stringer/practice squad guy when someone gets hurt.

In other words, it won't matter. Dallas was the absolute ideal situation for him to be in. And here we are.

Edited by Skoo

Didn't know his plays

Was a bit of a goofball

I agree. Some people just don't care. Likely the most talented back of our era and he just didn't care about maximizing it.

Turbin. I'm laughing so hard. I wish the old thread was still around so I can dig up people saying he was otherworldly compared to Turbin. I don't think EBF is a bad poster but he's been on quite the streak with TRich and CMike. Stay away from those five letter nicknames.

JStew

Ameer

Also one of the biggest Eifert and Allen Robinson fans on the boards. Haters have selective memory though...

Not hating. You have selective memory too as you were an early supporter of Turbin, just to jump ship and call him trash in favor of Michael. Turns out you were half right. So some solace in that. Who gives a #### anyway. This just happened to be your Icarus.

Actually it happened with his TRich face plant (after calling him a "mortal lock" to succeed in the NFL) but people have rather short memories around here.

Edited by squistion

Would it be bad form for me to link to my September 6 post? Yeah, it probably would be. Never mind.

Are we really still at a point where we can say that talent isn't a question with McFadden? The guy hasn't averaged better than 3.8ypc since 2011, and was wildly outperformed by some true scrubs on his own team over and over again.
If you subtract his shortest run from each quarter of play this season, he is averaging a very healthy 4.9 yards per rush.

What do you get if you subtract his longest runs from each quarter of play this season?

The #Redskins have signed former #Cowboys RB Christine Michael to their practice squad.

:popcorn::wall:

Probably signed him so that they could get a read on Cowboys offensive play signals. Unfortunately Michael doesn't know them.

I cannot wait until Week 13's Monday Night game, Dallas at Washington, when CMike rips off a big 2 yard gain and chest-bumps his former Dallas teammates!

The #Redskins have signed former #Cowboys RB Christine Michael to their practice squad.

Probably signed him so that they could get a read on Cowboys offensive play signals. Unfortunately Michael doesn't know them.

I cannot wait until Week 13's Monday Night game, Dallas at Washington, when CMike rips off a big 2 yard gain and chest-bumps his former Dallas teammates!

Even funnier since he's only a practice squad player.

But will it be Hardy or Dez? Maybe both if he gets the ball on 3rd and short.

What do you get if you subtract his longest runs from each quarter of play this season?

Why would you subtract his longest runs? :confused: That's cherry-picking.

• Like 1

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:39 AM

Thunderlips, on 06 Sept 2015 - 10:37 AM, said:snapback.png

gabes1919, on 06 Sept 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:snapback.png

I think something to remember is that the seahawks are in win now mode. If by they see no scenario in which they might play michael, ship him and give the roster spot to someone they might play

Why are they in "win now" anymore than any other team would/should be? Most of the key components of their team are just entering their prime........

All the excuses being made here are hilarious.

Face it: the Seahawks think he sucks.

And now the Cowboys.

Now, I wouldn't place any value on him or anything. But I wouldn't brush off the Redskins signing completely. McCloughan (the Redskins new wunderkind GM) was in SEA when they drafted Michael in the 2nd, and Morris is almost definitely gone in FA after this year, with Jones the heir apparent and not much else on the roster at RB. This isn't a bad spot for Michael to keep his head down and develop, if his heart is in it. He's the perfect practice squad player for the Redskins, but I doubt anything comes of it.

Why would you subtract his longest runs? :confused: That's cherry-picking.

Its a maths trick.

The formula is a double negative.

the regret of letting c-mike go has to be eating the cowboys alive!!

Sound the Rod Smith siren

Rob Phillips @robphillips3
Garrett said McFadden (groin) didn't do much in practice yesterday. Started bothering him Wed. Will see what he's able to do today.
Edited by shady inc