What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (2 Viewers)

Seriously? WTF. am I really gonna be forced to pick this bum up in addition to Brown and wait til Sunday morning to see who's starting?
I did. It's late in the year and I made the semis so no way was I gonna take the chance of Michael doing something on my opponent's roster this week or next.

If I may take a moment to be er serious....

It occurs to me that Seattle must not have been feeling too, too confident in Brown to go get Michael. And Michael must have seen the opportunity and must have arranged his release, or maybe the Redskins knew his signing was imminent anyway. That was yesterday the 15th that he was cut, Harris was cut at the end of the day (the 15th), and it was likely already Monday the 14th that they contacted him or even Sunday. Brown was also signed the 14th. Michael really might be the guy the Hawks wanted here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I know some are saying who in the world would have the need or desire to start C-Mike or poor man's C-Mike this week...

Consider I'm the 1st seed in my 12 tm dyno league 0.5 ppr league... Start 2 RB... Already lost Leveon, Dion Lewis, TJ Yeldon, Jonathan Stewart, Mark Ingram,

Still have a gimpy Lamar Miller and Karlos Williams who may not play much... THAT'S how you get stuck deciding between knuckleheads of this proportion

Harris sucked. Hawks think they can beat the Browns at home with no running game, but need at least two healthy bodies that know the playbook. They think Lynch is back the week after...then bye, cmike.

Seattle is just gonna go shotgun and sling it instead with Fred Jackson to pass protect.
Seattle has been extremely reluctant to use FJax more than a couple times a game. I would wager if they went this route, it would be Coleman getting the bulk of the snaps. Pretty good all around athlete, decent hands, good blocker. Don't be surprised if he gets a decent amount of snaps anyway you shake it. Think of him as a poor man's Marcel Reece.
I think this is directly attributed to them foreshadowing FJax as a must have in the playoffs. (as Lynch is routinely nicked and banged)

Fred could possibly get 15 touches, but at least half will be as pass receptions. They wont bang him repeatedly into DTs and DEs, not until its money time.

The crazy thing is, they have two similar backs, with the same sets of strengths and weaknesses, in Bryce Brown and Christine Michael. I suppose they must be hoping that one or the other emerges here. No doubt both Brown and Michael are supremely athletic, and if one of them "hits", he could have tremendous value for FF playoff teams. Now, which one?
Go with the one who looks shot out of a cannon

The crazy thing is, they have two similar backs, with the same sets of strengths and weaknesses, in Bryce Brown and Christine Michael. I suppose they must be hoping that one or the other emerges here. No doubt both Brown and Michael are supremely athletic, and if one of them "hits", he could have tremendous value for FF playoff teams. Now, which one?
Which one is that?

Which one is that?
It's anyone's guess neither has had more than 4 real meaningful carries recently.

I'm in a pickle now. Picked up Brown just b/c I'd rather see him go off on my bench then in my opponents lineup. But to pick up CM, I'd be forced to drop either Langford, CJA, or Ware. All who have at least proven their worth at one point or another.

Which one is that?
The one with the better SparQ score or course!

I'm in a pickle now. Picked up Brown just b/c I'd rather see him go off on my bench then in my opponents lineup. But to pick up CM, I'd be forced to drop either Langford, CJA, or Ware. All who have at least proven their worth at one point or another.
Collectively they couldn't carry CMIKE' jockstrap. Seriously, I wouldn't drop any of them for Cmike.

Hasn't Ware been missing practices?

Alexanderson said:
chad in Indy said:
Hasn't Ware been missing practices?
I dropped Ware. Seems like the play.

I still think FJax is going to be the play. They'll trust him to block for Wilson more and he'll catch some dump offs. He's got a little juice left and it will come down to who they trust most.

This is perfect. All the CMike believers can plug him in to get a zero for playoffs too!

ETA: this is crazy talk as does anyone believe a CMike believer made the playoffs? Trick question? Maybe a few did.

Ok, this is actually a good article about Christine Michael. It's pretty long but good. I will just post the part about his prospects moving forward.

... Redskins GM Scot McCloughan worked with Schneider and the Seahawks back in that 2013 draft. It was a bit of coincidence that Michael was released from the practice squad the same day the Seahawks created an open roster spot. Seattle could have signed Michael off the Redskins practice squad, but they would have been required to keep him on the active roster for a minimum of three weeks. By releasing him, Seattle was free to sign Michael without any roster guarantees. It may just be a coincidence. It may have been two old friends doing business. Should Seattle wind up playing the Redskins in the first round of the playoffs, and Michael plays some sort of meaningful role, Washington fans may not be so happy with the generosity of their GM. If Michael is cut before three weeks passes, the NFL Players Association may not be so happy with what could be considered collusion. Probably nothing, but something to be aware of.

The most likely scenario is that Derrick Coleman will get the first chance as starter this week as he has experience in the system and will run the way Cable wants it done. Brown will get some carries this week as well. He has talent and is just 24 years old, but has had a fumbling problem that has contributed to his lack of spot on a roster.

Then there is Michael. He has the most experience of the three at being a running back on this team, but ironically may be the farthest from knowing how to get on the field. His talent is still there. The question is whether his shortcomings are as well. Recent history with the Cowboys and now the Redskins would suggest they are.

It is part of what makes sports so fascinating. The same way money alone cannot make you happy, talent is not enough to make a player into a professional.

Michael has the situation he may have dreamed about for years. No Lynch. No Turbin. Except he is probably still third on the depth chart behind a fullback and a street free agent. It should be humbling. He has said the experience has been humbling. The true sign of being humbled is revisiting the behavior and decisions that led you to being in that situation in the first place. The odds seem long that Michael has had that epiphany.

It would be a terrific story if he has.
http://www.hawkblogger.com/2015/12/christine-michael-return-of-2000-yard.html#sthash.2vhvkjYS.uxfs&st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/J7OuHE3B7g

Damnit. Now I'm leaning Cecil Shorts at ppr flex over Brown. I'm going to be so pissed if I lose this game.

Keep you guys posted.

People really need to stop talking about blind believers. No one is seriously thinking that he has a legitimate shot to play, let alone dominate. The only people posting outrageous comments about his potential are jokesters and the joke was over a year ago.

People really need to stop talking about blind believers. No one is seriously thinking that he has a legitimate shot to play, let alone dominate. The only people posting outrageous comments about his potential are jokesters and the joke was over a year ago.
So who runs the ball for Washington's football team this weekend?

I'm not holding my breath but I believe that the issues with C-Mike have more to do with his lack of movitation to succeed versus his talent. If he re-dedicates himself to the game and gets an opportunity, then maybe he can be a player in the NFL. Will start there and see where it goes...

Wut?This is a terrible post.

He definitely has a shot at carrying the ball this weekend, and whoever carries the ball for Seattle against Cleveland is in a position to dominate. Ya, CMIKE will probably be revealed once again as an underachieving knucklehead, but redemption is in play here.

Also, if you're done with this story, quit reading the thread. Hth.

Which one is that?
Ask EBF. He is the one who had man love for that phrase.

Wut?This is a terrible post.

He definitely has a shot at carrying the ball this weekend, and whoever carries the ball for Seattle against Cleveland is in a position to dominate. Ya, CMIKE will probably be revealed once again as an underachieving knucklehead, but redemption is in play here.

Also, if you're done with this story, quit reading the thread. Hth.
I stand corrected. There is one.

Let the flaming continue.

Of course. Weeks after I dropped him and immediately after I burned a waiver on Bryce Brown, CMike finally shows something. It figures.

So frustrating... Forced to start either fozzy or brown because of injuries and this ash hat whom I cut 2 wks after Dallas did ends up actually doing something

Held him for 3 yrs

So frustrating... Forced to start either fozzy or brown because of injuries and this ash hat whom I cut 2 wks after Dallas did ends up actually doing something

Held him for 3 yrs
held him for 14 in my devy league. we can draft peewee players. cmike was a hung stud way back then. made the white coaches look like infants if you know what i mean. :fro:

Held him for 3 yrs
held him for 14 in my devy league. we can draft peewee players. cmike was a hung stud way back then. made the white coaches look like infants if you know what i mean. :fro:
If I were white that would be offensive....

I'm white

Also I hate Christine Michael now

So is this thread quiet because 80% of this thread's heads exploded and the remaining 20% went to go find the lotion and tissue?

I am in Finals and he likely will be in my starting lineup next week.

He was on bench this week but Emmanuel Sanders carried me to victory. I have been decimated by RB injuries, had both Lynch and Rawls.

The funny thing about this guy is he really must not practice well because up until today he never was even given many carries by any team. The Cowboys never really gave him a shot in an actually game. Some players are better game players than practice players and Michael may be one of them as in the few carries he has actually got in game play he has always looked pretty good. Lynch has definitely been a player who missed a lot of practices throughout his career and maybe Michael saw how Lynch approched practice and thought he could do the same. He knows better now.

Users who are viewing this thread