What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (2 Viewers)

Rawls isn't being rushed back. He could have played yesterday but its just preseason. Cmike is now being overdrafted and Rawls is being underdrafted. 
Glad a Hawks homer is seeing the same thing as me. Full disclosure: just drafted Rawls last week as my RB2 in mid-3rd of 14-team dynasty league. I passed on Cmike multiple times as I don't believe in him. 

That said, I'm still trying to see what Cmike owner wants in trade just to hedge my bets. So I'm watching Hawks games on condensed to get a feel for how much I believe in and him and what I'd be willing to give up, and not seeing what Cmike hype is all about. I saw one good run up the middle on 2&forever and one nice outside bounce, but not much beyond that. I mean yeah his performance is a step up for him as he now looks like an NFL RB, but this hype is silly for a guy picking up yards vs backups. He likely will be too valued by current owners to deal for.

Meanwhile, I watched Rawls play last year, and as a Pats fan who has a good friend who is a Hawks homer, I was PISSED that they had their new Lynch. Rawls is legit. He looked the part on the big stage. Unless he never comes back from injury, I have a hard time seeing a healthy Rawls not performing like a RB1 with a shot at top 3. 

Glad a Hawks homer is seeing the same thing as me. Full disclosure: just drafted Rawls last week as my RB2 in mid-3rd of 14-team dynasty league. I passed on Cmike multiple times as I don't believe in him. 

That said, I'm still trying to see what Cmike owner wants in trade just to hedge my bets. So I'm watching Hawks games on condensed to get a feel for how much I believe in and him and what I'd be willing to give up, and not seeing what Cmike hype is all about. I saw one good run up the middle on 2&forever and one nice outside bounce, but not much beyond that. I mean yeah his performance is a step up for him as he now looks like an NFL RB, but this hype is silly for a guy picking up yards vs backups. He likely will be too valued by current owners to deal for.

Meanwhile, I watched Rawls play last year, and as a Pats fan who has a good friend who is a Hawks homer, I was PISSED that they had their new Lynch. Rawls is legit. He looked the part on the big stage. Unless he never comes back from injury, I have a hard time seeing a healthy Rawls not performing like a RB1 with a shot at top 3. 
At the very worst they split carries week 1 but come week 2 Rawls is the play.

At the very worst they split carries week 1 but come week 2 Rawls is the play.
That's my read. My guess is all the hype is people who got CM for peanuts in redraft or dynasty convincing themselves they have the golden ticket. 

I mean a healthy this guy is in risk of a 50/50 time share?

Maybe even more impressive than that 69-yard run is the catch on the next highlight play. Corrals a horrible RW ball and then trucks a dude to pick up the first. I don't even know that you take him off that much on third down. He has a ton of great catch & run plays.

That's my read. My guess is all the hype is people who got CM for peanuts in redraft or dynasty convincing themselves they have the golden ticket. 

I mean a healthy this guy is in risk of a 50/50 time share?

Maybe even more impressive than that 69-yard run is the catch on the next highlight play. Corrals a horrible RW ball and then trucks a dude to pick up the first. I don't even know that you take him off that much on third down. He has a ton of great catch & run plays.
Yeah if he was getting the third down work CM would have forced a 50/50 split with that dude. At the time if that comment Prosise hadn't played and CM was getting snaps in that role. 

Rawls has had many years of top ten production? Truth is that he is a guy who has never even had a thousand yard season once. So, to pretend that he is somehow the undisputed stud is really uncritical. In the NFL, it is what have you done for me lately? And he has done nothing. Michael has done a good deal all summer and preseason.

I am surprised Cmike is getting so much credit. Still think it's more the line playing better and Cmike padding stats against 2nd stringers. I think he runs off-balance and shows no patience to set up blocks.

and to think people thought this guy was done sucking people in last year...this is like a sequel where you know the entire plot, have a feeling it's probably not going to be good, you know how it's going to end, but you go anyway.
Coming to a football field near you this fall, it's Halloween 6 starring CMichael Myers

I wasn't targeting Rawls but he fell to the 4th in my 12 team standard last night and I grabbed him. An owner took CMike in the 8th and laughed at me telling me he's the new starter, lol. 

Kind of seeing this as a similar situation as the Charles/Ward thing in Kansas City.  Is the starter fully healed?  If not, does he open the door to a timeshare when he is?  Be interesting to see how both situations play out.

Kind of seeing this as a similar situation as the Charles/Ward thing in Kansas City.  Is the starter fully healed?  If not, does he open the door to a timeshare when he is?  Be interesting to see how both situations play out.
Unlike Charles, however, Rawls started the final preseason game, and all indications are that he is a full go for Week #1.  Nevertheless, given Rawls' violent running style and penchant for seeking out contact, it would not be at all surprising to see Rawls sidelined again.  I will be interested to see how Coach Carroll deploys his rushing attack.  He has some uniquely different chess pieces in Rawls, Michael and Prosise.

Last edited by a moderator:
If C-mike outplays Rawls he will get more carries. If Rawls outplays C-mike he will get more carries. That's how Carroll rolls.

Fire up the steam engines

Christine Michael is listed ahead of Thomas Rawls on the Seahawks' initial depth chart.
It cements what coach Pete Carroll hinted Monday. Carroll said the Seahawks still don't want to rush Rawls back from his ankle injury, and that "it's still time to take care of him." He did claim Rawls will be ready to start some time "in the next couple weeks." The reality is, Michael now has an opportunity to run with the job following his monster preseason. Michael is the play for Week 1 against Miami's thin defense.

I rewatched Michael's preseason carries and noticed that a lot of his bigger gains in the 3rd preseason game came against 2nd and 3rd stringers. His yardage was much more modest in the first quarter.

Something to keep in mind. I still think he looks good.

More from the quote:

Seattle Seahawks RB Thomas Rawls (ankle) won't be rushed, but head coach Pete Carroll wants to run him a lot in Week 1. 'We're just making progress with him,' Carroll said. 'You don't want to rush him. This is his second preseason game in a sense, as far as relative to the other guys. So we'll see how he does. I'd love for him to carry the ball quite a bit in this game, and then we'll know where we stand going into the next week. It's just really bringing him along properly and carefully. We want to make sure we take care of him.'

Fire up the steam engines

Christine Michael is listed ahead of Thomas Rawls on the Seahawks' initial depth chart.
It cements what coach Pete Carroll hinted Monday. Carroll said the Seahawks still don't want to rush Rawls back from his ankle injury, and that "it's still time to take care of him." He did claim Rawls will be ready to start some time "in the next couple weeks." The reality is, Michael now has an opportunity to run with the job following his monster preseason. Michael is the play for Week 1 against Miami's thin defense.
That's what I would call lost upside for Rawls right there. C-Mike may fail but if he hadn't played as well as he did they would be starting Rawls. 

If C-mike outplays Rawls he will get more carries. If Rawls outplays C-mike he will get more carries. That's how Carroll rolls.
Hasn't Christine Michael failed at every opportunity so far in his NFL career and with multiple teams?

Hasn't Christine Michael failed at every opportunity so far in his NFL career and with multiple teams?
Yes but I'm not so sure he was failing on the field running the ball. More failing in the locker room and doing dumb stuff like holding the ball in the wrong hands and not being aware of the down and distance. 

Yes but I'm not so sure he was failing on the field running the ball. More failing in the locker room and dowing dumb stuff like holding the ball in the wrong hands and not being aware of the down and distance. 
Sorry to disagree but his failure on the field was clear to see.

That's not the only thing happening on the field. And it could still be failing if he is leaving yards on the field. Like Rawls being almost a full yard more...yet Christine being a wonder-athlete.
Yeah I agree but my point still stands 4.7 ypc is hardly failing even if he could have done a little better. That's what makes this such a hard situation to navigate. Is C-Mike going to lose it as soon as Rawls jumps him on the depth chart? Or is he going to play like he did in the Preseason no matter what and take this job away from Rawls......?

Yeah I agree but my point still stands it's hardly failing. That's what makes this such a hard situation to navigate. Is C-Mike going to lose it as soon as Rawls jumps him on the depth chart? Or is he going to play like he did in the Preseason no matter want and take this job away from Rawls......?
Carrol has been right on the money with what he has said on the situation thus far. We shouldnt be ignorant at this point.

Carrol has been right on the money with what he has said on the situation thus far. We shouldnt be ignorant at this point.
I think it's Rawls job to lose as well. I've said as much but I'm discounting CM completely. He has a shot to take this job. Is it likely? No but it's not 0%. I'd put it as high as 20-25%. 

At this pt I'm thinking this is a very similar situation to what's happening in kc RT now.  We all know Charles is the starter but ware will get some time to showcase his talents until Charles is 100%

same with Rawls and michael.  I think michael has a chance to push this into more of an RBbc though then previously thought.  All depends on what he does week 1.if he shines, Rawls owners will be sharing in their pants and it's a good time to trade for him. 

I think you need to have both of them if you want to feel secure about locking down the position. I don't pay much mind to the speculation. Rawls is a really good talent and could certainly be the man when healthy. He has a pretty short track record though and is dealing with injury stuff. I personally think Michael is talented enough to make it interesting. For all of his issues, he has always run well when given the opportunity. If he has cleaned up his act and become more mature, that might be all it takes for him to flip the switch from tease to real contributor.

At this pt I'm thinking this is a very similar situation to what's happening in kc RT now.  We all know Charles is the starter but ware will get some time to showcase his talents until Charles is 100%

same with Rawls and michael.  I think michael has a chance to push this into more of an RBbc though then previously thought.  All depends on what he does week 1.if he shines, Rawls owners will be sharing in their pants and it's a good time to trade for him. 
The big difference is that, when healthy, Charles is obviously more talented than Ware (or West or Davis).

Rawls is not obviously more talented than Michael (or Prosise or even Collins).

The big difference is that, when healthy, Charles is obviously more talented than Ware (or West or Davis).

Exactly. Charles was the best RB in the league last year before he tore his ACL. Ware and West did an admirable job filling in, but neither one is elite like Charles.

Rawls was a good RB last year, but he's not an elite back. Guys his talent level lose their jobs all the time. It's a mistake to stand firm on the belief that just because as guy was a starter last year, that he will remain the starter this year.

Exactly. Charles was the best RB in the league last year before he tore his ACL. Ware and West did an admirable job filling in, but neither one is elite like Charles.

Rawls was a good RB last year, but he's not an elite back. Guys his talent level lose their jobs all the time. It's a mistake to stand firm on the belief that just because as guy was a starter last year, that he will remain the starter this year.
Rawls is every bit elite as Michael is.

Can't wait for this thread to EXPLODE with a complete over-the-top-reaction when Michael (err Seattle) goes berzerk on Miami.

*I'm calling it.

Now isn't the time to trade away CMike or to trade for CMike as the handcuff.  And it will be worse/better next week. 

A year ago, Rawls was obviously better.  Rawls was tearing #### up and CMIke couldn't hang with RB desperate rosters.  Now, Rawls is recovering from an awful injury and CMIke is tearing #### up....

It was Rawls who literally made Michaels expendable last year. 
I would say that Michael made himself expendable last year. Not only could he not beat out Rawls, but he also couldn't beat out Darren McFadden or Joseph Randle. The year before that, he couldn't beat out Robert Turbin.

None of that had much to do with talent, though.

I would say that Michael made himself expendable last year. Not only could he not beat out Rawls, but he also couldn't beat out Darren McFadden or Joseph Randle. The year before that, he couldn't beat out Robert Turbin.

None of that had much to do with talent, though.
Well Spencer Ware left the team before Michael... so I'll just disagree with you on that point of emphasis.  It was Rawls. Literally.

While Michael has not lived up to his unreasonable hype, some people are acting like Rawls is Marshawn Lynch. He is a 2nd year undrafted RB coming off an injury, Michael is nothing special either but he can easily beat out Rawls in this situation. Do not lose your head here thinking Rawls is other worldly.

While Michael has not lived up to his unreasonable hype, some people are acting like Rawls is Marshawn Lynch. He is a 2nd year undrafted RB coming off an injury, Michael is nothing special either but he can easily beat out Rawls in this situation. Do not lose your head here thinking Rawls is other worldly.
Now, I'm not going to go so far as to say that he will have a career like Lynch but some food for thought:

Thomas Rawls ran for over 160 yards twice last year.

Which is two more times than Marshawn Lynch EVER ran for over 160 yards in a game, in his entire career.

And yes, they were playing on the same team behind the same line.

• Smile
Reactions: Jed
Sorry to disagree but his failure on the field was clear to see.

Could you expand on this? Was he slow to the hole? Miss picking up blitzes? In what way was he a failure on the field? It seems like you're just being dismissive here and not really wanting to look at what's been going on with his career to this point. Is that why you felt the need to apologize? 

And yes, they were playing on the same team behind the same line.
I don't think that's necessarily true. Rawls was playing with an improved Wilson, and the Seattle O-line has been in constant flux for years. In fact, all five starting positions have changed at the start of this year. Seattle management is purposefully going the cheap route on the O-line so that they can invest in other position groups. I'm not surprised to see this happening around the league with other teams too. 

Could you expand on this? Was he slow to the hole? Miss picking up blitzes? In what way was he a failure on the field? It seems like you're just being dismissive here and not really wanting to look at what's been going on with his career to this point. Is that why you felt the need to apologize? 
His sample size is small but he still hasn't scored an NFL TD to my recollection and looked terrible when he played for the Cowboys briefly.  I certainly didn't see anything that screamed elite. 

Users who are viewing this thread